• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I'm a casual player? ;_;
No, you're a competitive player in denial.

T1J, are you for real for real going to use MK against my poor Toon Link? He's countered Marth you know, that's what I hear, you main marth... if we can call anything besides Diddy a main for you.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
so instead of putting up random lists, can we actually choose some panelists and get some power rankings going? I definitely nominate George for panelist, he's at a whole bunch of tournaments and it's not like he could move his own position, he's pretty much locked into third. Will_ expressed feeling like he can't do it... who can? I don't think i attend enough tournaments to be a panelist.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
we have two lists, if we could get like two more, i could average them out and make it official. they can be PMmmed to me

and I guess you could say I main diddy. and my seconday is whoever your bad matchup is. the only characters I just simply don't play are lucario, lucas, sonic, and captain falcon.

also

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'd try to do some panelist stuff, but I don't see any of you often enough. Hold tournaments that are closer to me, **** it~

popsofctown

Smash Champion
oh my gosh Janitor, I'm cracking up so hard.

No I'm looking for a character who's only counters are Lucas, Lucario, Sonic, and Captain Falcon.
So do you play Zelda without Sheik ever?

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
oh my gosh Janitor, I'm cracking up so hard.

No I'm looking for a character who's only counters are Lucas, Lucario, Sonic, and Captain Falcon.
So do you play Zelda without Sheik ever?
no. she's boring.
but i probably wont be playing much sheik in tournaments anymore, maybe in pools.

i dont think theres any matchup that sheik handles better than both diddy and snake.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I can't even pool the resources to make it to a tourney in an adjacent state, let alone another country(if that's where it is). :urg:

popsofctown

Smash Champion
lol... yes you can Will_. If you just make sure there are strategically located smash tournaments along the way to Europe, you can win enough money to make each leg of the journey. (you'll have to win a pretty big tournament up in Massachusetts to make the atlantic crossing)

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
lol... yes you can Will_. If you just make sure there are strategically located smash tournaments along the way to Europe, you can win enough money to make each leg of the journey. (you'll have to win a pretty big tournament up in Massachusetts to make the atlantic crossing)
He could always teach people DotA

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Good stuff at the smashfest, guys. I think a Ness / Lucas team is pretty classy.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
1.Will_
2. Reflex
3. munkus
4. George
5. moogle

i dont know anything about elev8 but he probably belongs on the list, but i just dont know where
I am not convinced that I am better than George or that George is better than me. Tiebreaker goes to me, clearly. But seriously, we both have the capacity to devastate each other in lopsided matches, we both have the capacity to fight tooth and nail with the last stock.

Will is the best brawl player I've yet played. A dominating metaknight that I struggle to fight, a dominating donkey kong...he brings out the best in ever character he plays as. I'm fairly certain that he would have won the big vulcanbox tourney had he not gone DK against Marth in the loser's finals. Once he finds a consistent partner for doubles, I don't think the ever changing team name of Munkus and Moogle will be able to finish first again D:

I haven't seen Reflex play at all, not one bit. I refuse to give him first based on that. I don't even feel comfortable putting him on the list purely because of hype, but there ya go. Also Reflex, T-town is pretty darn close to you, relatively, and you never went to any of the B-ham tournies I went to either! Shenanigans on YOU sir!

Andy is one of the best players in the state, but he is akin to the popular 'pokemon' video game steel type. Strong against the majority of the matchups, impotent against two or three. He's one of the only guys that I sweat bullets when I have to go up against in brackets, and has knocked me out of the winner's bracket with consistency. This recent tourney is probably the first time that I have not lost a set against Andy in a tourney setting.

DanGR has a strong showing for being in my 6th spot, but I wanted to end it with an even 5 or an even 10. And I seem to be playing the same **** bunch of people in brackets outside of the people in the first two rounds. But from what I have seen from DanGR, he can be utterly devastating. A few issues keep him from rising to the top, but he has consistent showings in tournies and friendlies. He shows a good use of mindgames and timing as well as a mastery of his main.

Likewise, I would probably put janitor as 7th. He is a competent player with good strategies that sometimes chokes under pressure. No offense to you, janitor, but you have never done as well as I have expected you to in tournies. I mean that in a good way, because you play at such a high level in friendlies that I am surprised that you are not a consistent member of the final 3.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I haven't seen Reflex play at all, not one bit. I refuse to give him first based on that. I don't even feel comfortable putting him on the list purely because of hype, but there ya go. Also Reflex, T-town is pretty darn close to you, relatively, and you never went to any of the B-ham tournies I went to either! Shenanigans on YOU sir!
I am obviously the best player in the universe. Your point is moot. <3

Come to think of it, though, I can't remember if I've played Will_ any more than once in a tournament set, which gives him a winning record against me. Something to think about.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I am obviously the best player in the universe. Your point is moot. <3

Come to think of it, though, I can't remember if I've played Will_ any more than once in a tournament set, which gives him a winning record against me. Something to think about.
1-0 = a 100% win record!! :]

But placing 2nd while I placed 5th at IC2 and placing 2nd while I placed like 36th at FAST1 is enough to say Reflex>Will_ tbh. Although I do appreciate seeing #1 on at least one person's list.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
will ***** every local tournament and does okay to dissapointing in interstate tournies. Reflex ***** every tourney. ever. with pokemon trainer.

munkus it would be nice if you could make your list ten, so i could average it with the other lists lol

and i completely agree with your comments about me
i'll fix that in no time

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I haven't seen Luis in a really f*cking long time and I miss him.
Drop him a few ranking spots until he rectifies this.
Oh yeah, also, remember that Xbox/Gamecube logo we saw at Lance's tournament? I was uploading pictures from a job site for my boss, and look what I found:

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
So, I just moved to Auburn, and I guess I'm less out of the way than I was before.
Not really sure, because I forgot where everyone was and where stuff happens.
So, did I accomplish anything Smash Beneficial with my move? Is there anyone relatively nearby that I can spar with? Will I be paged/ignored?
Find out next time.... on Kalm's once a month posting!

Top Bottom