• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
AL Waba Brawl tournament recap

Moogle and theONEjanitor made 4th in teams (of like 11 or 12 teams)
Duchock and George made 5th in teams

moogle made 5th in singles
George made 7th in singles
Duchock made 13th in singles
t1j made 17th :(

we all had to fight hard people, i got the short end of the stick, having to fight moogle, and then yno a good pikachu who eventually got 4th place

all in all AL did pretty good.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
munkus and i have arrived from hotlanta. that was the coolest weekend party i've ever been to.... well, it was the only weekend party i've ever been to, but still.
i was introduced to the coolest drinking game ever made: Zoom. We all must play Zoom sometime. it's amazing.

munkus was quite silly. and drunk. he was silly because he was drunk. and i kissed him.

what?

BTW, if you guys haven't yet noticed, you can upload custom avatars without premium membership and they can be 75 x 75 pixels. notice how mine is a little larger than all of yours. also notice how my avatar is larger than all of yours.

omg, that snake ditto was amazing. /saved

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
munkus and i have arrived from hotlanta. that was the coolest weekend party i've ever been to.... well, it was the only weekend party i've ever been to, but still.
i was introduced to the coolest drinking game ever made: Zoom. We all must play Zoom sometime. it's amazing.

munkus was quite silly. and drunk. he was silly because he was drunk. and i kissed him.

what?

BTW, if you guys haven't yet noticed, you can upload custom avatars without premium membership and they can be 75 x 75 pixels. notice how mine is a little larger than all of yours. also notice how my avatar is larger than all of yours.
That post made me raise my eyebrow three times. That's a very impressive number.

Thanks for that tip, I think you can expect to see my avatar changed soon.

Also, I'm tired of you not being online where I can Brawl you at any moment I please. This will not be tolerated!

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
dude I'm considering switching my melee mains to all Roy and Captain Falcon.

nah I still want to play Fox.

Characters in Melee in order of how fun they are to play:

1. Falcon
2. Fox
3. Mewtwo
4. Roy

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
dude I'm considering switching my melee mains to all Roy and Captain Falcon.

nah I still want to play Fox.

Characters in Melee in order of how fun they are to play:

1. Falcon
2. Fox
3. Mewtwo
4. Roy
ic's are my favorite. and i admit though, about half the fun from playing them comes solely from the noise they make when they wavedash.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
no johns on "good people" - just get better :p

i'm so sad i missed duchock and moogle though D:

Edit: Janitor, roy does not have a better shot than marth.

it's just that simple.roy is a fastfaller = easy combos for fox, easy gimps for fox.

marth has easy combos he can do on fox, and gimps on fox that roy doesn't have.
Roy is also too slow and has far fewer options when chasing down or punishing a fox. Roy is low tier for a reason, and fox is top tier for a reason.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i'm def good enough to have not tied for last place. that's just how the cookie crumbles sometimes. all my matches were close

one day when i'm good at melee I'll MM anyones Fox with Roy.

SleepyK

while the good roy players can beat foxes (tires don exits), it doesn't matter.

Marth has the match up way easier.

I have to ask the same question - are you just trolling?
if you're serious about the match up, do you even play melee?

SleepyK

Game and Watch dittooooooooooooooooooooooooosssssssssssssssssssss

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
For your friends? You do it for your friends right?

I wish mine was a big as yours...

200 posts suck it

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Those were some stellar matches Majist. I can't wait to do them justice in my video thread. Hell I may even just upload them now...

mslano

Smash Journeyman
So, I have a another trip to the Mid-South coming up. On July 12th, I will be attending my friends' wedding in Hoover. Then I'll have to get to Memphis by the next day to attend an academic conference for the weekend.

This is my dilemma: Flights to Birmingham are simple enough, but flying from Birmingham to Memphis is fairly ridiculous. All the flights I've seen go to Atlanta first, then Orlando, then in another 8 hours, to Memphis. Not very convenient and much more expensive since there are so many connections.

This is my idea for a solution: Someone drive me to Memphis, where we can meet up with Memphis folks and enjoy much smashing (though I can only partake during the evenings). There is also a strong possibility that Red Ninja would also be there that weekend, since I told him he owed me for not making an appearance at TGMTSBCO. I would pay the cost of gas for whoever ended up driving me and would also be extremely thankful. IF anyone is willing to help me out, that would be sweet.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
This is my idea for a solution: Someone drive me to Memphis, where we can meet up with Memphis folks and enjoy much smashing (though I can only partake during the evenings). There is also a strong possibility that Red Ninja would also be there that weekend, since I told him he owed me for not making an appearance at TGMTSBCO. I would pay the cost of gas for whoever ended up driving me and would also be extremely thankful. IF anyone is willing to help me out, that would be sweet.
would you ride on a motorcycle??:grin:

mslano

Smash Journeyman
would you ride on a motorcycle??:grin:
I don't think I could stand riding on a motorcycle for 4 hours to Memphis. Plus, I'd have a suitcase with me, which would likely cause some balance issues.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Depends on the motorcycle, a big ol Goldwing is comfortable and carries a lot. But that's a old man cruise cycle, im sure Majist has something smaller with more oomph.

He just likes the smaller ones ya know.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
this is spam, but i don't care. this thread hasn't been exactly top notch as of late.

this is what i'm getting:

2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200S. that thing is bigger than it looks (waits for the fated "that's what she said" pun)

i'm gonna take off that huge windshield and the rack on the back seat.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
The Game was one of the many many things I've learned from college.

Edit: Wow, that post was almost too spammy... so I'll promote my mini-smash-fest-type-thing for the Brawl monthly coming up.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
I don't know about this game, so I'll just assume I won. Yay me!!

Now, is there anyone willing to help me out with my travels to Memphis?

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I saved a total of 5 replay matches from earlier Majist. 3 Ike Ditto fights and the my Ike vs your DK/your Ike vs my DK matches. I'm gonna have all of those and 3 other matches on my video section by tommorow night.

Top Bottom