• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

nice1

Smash Lord
man i forgot how terrible playing online was
you fail for not knowing that lol. O and when u get a chance PM ya cell so i can keep u updated on the B-ham tourney. U might be able to enter singles if teams take long. I won't be entering teams cuz i ain't got a good partner :(

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm on vacation and it sucks. That's probably why the Brawl Power Rankings stuff hasn't been messed with. I forgot about it when I left. Either way, I'll be back on Saturday. How's everyone doing?

Mr. Referee

Smash Cadet
Yay, this thread returned to the random discussion that I love. By the way my Wii is back online so if anyone wants they can play, though I do suck even worse now cause I don't play Brawl that often.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Lol, rule of thumb.

Everyone sucks when playing online, some just suck slightly more than others.

(Sigh)

Brawl online does pretty much bite though. It seems you can't have fun unless you don't take it seriously.

Well, I had fun at least. Especially when my extreme hatred for your Olimar was unleashed and my Ike fought for all of his friends at one time.

Yes, inculding those that deal heroine and crack to him.
Drugs.

I'm just not used to it. There was a time where i was used to the lag, but this was my first time playing online in a few months. An Brawl is a game where timing really matters, which is basically null in online. but it was fun though

saintrage

Smash Cadet
Duchock i would love to come today but i am unfortunately having to do tons of HW and study for a test on monday. If i didn't work all weekend except today i would come. :(

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
The smashfest is slowly devolving into me sitting here, watching "Top 101 SNL moments" on E! alone.

I have the feeling that someone will walk up aaaaaaany moment now.

But probably not.

Most likely scenario, I'm gonna be alone tonight unless someone feels pity for me and comes, and tomorrow, I'll coax some people into staying the night over for SLUMBER PARTY! I'm prepared, too. BOTH Pepsi AND Mountain Dew!

Edit: Also, I'm probably not going to have this computer for very long, so text me or somethin' if you need to get in touch.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I'm on vacation and it sucks. That's probably why the Brawl Power Rankings stuff hasn't been messed with. I forgot about it when I left. Either way, I'll be back on Saturday. How's everyone doing?
Aren't you going to FAST, but correct me if im wrong.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Diablo is a series that has eluded me. I always thought I and II were cool games, but i never played them much at all. Diablo III looks amazing and i think i'm going to pick this one up. Battle.net is gonna rock with co-op play.

Plus, this will be a great game to replace Brawl with. I'm sick of playing one game with no real rewards for wasted time (or no games at all considering Brawl is the only one i'm messing with)

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Counterstrike is in fact full of awesome. Except for when you walk around a corner with a shotgun, point the crosshairs are the guy right in your face, and shoot 3 times, at which point he headshotted you with the AK.

All the rounds missed him, good ol matrix style.

<3

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
the learning curve of cs is wayyyyyyy too steep
its hard to get better because anyone that's good just kills you instantly as you turn the corner.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I see jwt has mastered the technique of 'replacing some text with other text.'

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Results from Birmingham

Doubles:
1st. Duchock and George ($147)
2nd. Pr0t0 and Phantom ($42)
3rd. Will and Paul ($21)

Singles:
1st. Will [Donkey Kong & Meta Knight] ($241.50)
2nd. Pr0t0 [Mr. Game & Watch & Wolf] ($69)
3rd. George [Kirby & Donkey Kong] ($34.50)
4th. DanGR [Olimar, Lucario, & Ike]
5th. Phantom [King Dedede & Meta Knight]
5th. Duchock [Ness]

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
aww george you were sposed to win that. pr0t0's good though, who's will?

too bad I couldn't be there. i'll try to make the next one

is the tourney on the 5th still going down?

whattabout the h-ville tourney

Sensai

Smash Master
Chad...you can't hijack the thread that I just got done hijacking. Tisn't cool.

But, SC's great. Stoked about SC2.

CS is way too difficult (1.6, that is). Source is a smidge too easy, IMO...so it's either I'm being owned left right and center or I'm doing better than I should be. :-/

Team Fortress 2 is where it's at, my gents. That game is made of awesome buttsecks.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
aww george you were sposed to win that. pr0t0's good though, who's will?

too bad I couldn't be there. i'll try to make the next one

is the tourney on the 5th still going down?
Proto kicked my *** in winner's semis. Loser's finals was a different story, probably one of the closest sets I've ever played.

Will is the best DK player I've ever seen. Apparently he lives in Huntsville. I played a few friendlies against him. My Kirby was like even with his DK, but I couldn't even touch him with my DK. Didn't get to play his Meta Knight.

The tournament on the 5th looks like it's going to be postponed. NFI.

-Chad-

Slackerator
Chad...you can't hijack the thread that I just got done hijacking. Tisn't cool.

But, SC's great. Stoked about SC2.
Don't you hijack the thread that I hijacked from you after you hijacked it first :mad:

Play me in SC sometime, I keep getting urges to play but I can't play on Bnet. : (

It's like a sick joke.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
I hate every single one of you for not showing up at that tournament. And I'm going to be frank. While it was in Ensley, the store was something you would not expect to see in that area. Sorry if I'm being a little realist, but Ensley isn't exactly the place you would expect to find a Smash tourny.

The venue is definately a good one: air conditioning, good owners (that try a little too hard, though), and a plethora of cheap snacks and drinks. There are two drawback, however. The only TVs they have are Dell LCD monitors with a bit of lag on them, and the picture looks pretty choppy when everything's movin' real fast. Also, I think they only have one or two on-site Wii. I know for a fact that three of them were brought in from other people, but one that I suspect was owned by the venue had only 50% of the unlocked characters. :|

Administration seemed competent of how to run everything, but it did get a slow start. The guy who ran it (Rawr-kw0n/Issac) spent most of the pre-singles time making sure that people who rode together and siblings weren't forced to play each other in the first or second round. I'm pretty sure he's kinda new to the Smash scene (I gather from the "highest % after time runs out loses" rule and 6 minute time limits), but well experienced in the world of fighting games.

All in all, I think I should take that back. I'm glad none of you came! I wouldn't have won doubles or placed so high in singles if I had more competition!

Rawr-Kw0n187

Smash Apprentice
^
Thanks bro. We had two wii's on site, but we couldnt transfer brawl data. When pr0t0 and Phantom came in we tried to transfer data but it wouldnt.

The TV's, sorry on the lag. We will have different TV's next time. Thats a promise. I thought the converter boxes would be ok and eliminate lag. Im already looking into purchasing some.

Any other problems?

Thank you for coming homie.

Sorry bout the owners too, they = new to this.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Starcraft is for cool people
yes, this. i'm supposed to watch the world cup final with my girlfriend today. hopefully that doesn't last too long so i can get home and play you some. perhaps i'll have munkus call me at like 3:00 saying his sister has just been diagnosed with colon cancer or something.
Proto kicked my *** in winner's semis. Loser's finals was a different story, probably one of the closest sets I've ever played.

Will is the best DK player I've ever seen. Apparently he lives in Huntsville. I played a few friendlies against him. My Kirby was like even with his DK, but I couldn't even touch him with my DK. Didn't get to play his Meta Knight.

The tournament on the 5th looks like it's going to be postponed. NFI.
wait, is Will the guy who goes by DanGR here?

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
well the highest percentage when time runs out is a common tourney rule, but other than that....

i'll try to make the next one

Top Bottom