• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

aish's edmonton brawl monthlies - over

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Brawl actually made me better at power shielding in melee. Trufax.

Actually, playing ganon and trying to approach made me better in melee. I miss brawl, I wanna play before I go back to Red Deer :<

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
it's true my diddy ***** him even though im not very good yet, i think jamie just has trouble against other characters with projectiles, he's very good at making the opponent come to him with 'nades but if he plays someone like diddy who never has to commit to an approach cuz of bananas then he has trouble

edit: more perfect shielding! get dan level perfect shield, and z-catching
ganondorf powershielding is beast XD

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
Brawl actually made me better at power shielding in melee. Trufax.
it made you better because in melee you're so scared you shield right away, and never pull of powershielding, but in brawl since it's so common you start to aim for it, and then you learn to actually hit the window.

even though it's less than a third the size in melee as it is in brawl, you still start to aim for it in melee and get better. Easy mode still trains, it's just easy.

brningpyre

Smash Lord
Yo, baguette (you know who you are). I'm uploading those matches of you and Mike right now. I'll let you know when they're done.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
haha yes and yes mike, woot he finally joined smashboards, maybe he'll start coming to tourneys in the new year.

also jamie finally beat my diddy for the first time with ANY character EVER.

Limeee

Smash Champion
lmao we ate baguettes for supper today so they make constant jokes
those vids are nothing though

EDIT: k keith is coming

everyone MM him lmao

T-block

B2B TST
k so where in NAIT is this thing?

I know where the HP center is (or is it compaq center... i forget)

and I know the main front door.

Help
It's hard to describe where it is lol. There's a main-ish entrance at the end of a parking lot, and you go through those doors and all the way down the hallway =x

Just call someone who's gonna be there already. 780-218-9345 if you want my number

T-block

B2B TST
well there's like eight different parking lots lol

umm...if you head from kingsway towards nait, it's on the left side of that road. from kingsway, if you cross princess elizabeth at the lights at 109th, then the nait parking lot there sorta winds in between the buildings. head to the end of it and go into the entrance with all the windows, then head straight until you hit a wall. the classroom is basically there.

that's the best i can do lol

brningpyre

Smash Lord
Oh hey, yeah. Forgot I should probably say something more. Oh well...

The rest of those videos of Mike and Jamie should finish uploading sometime today, so I only have two up for now: They're all up now.
http://www.youtube.com/user/brningpyre

Green-shirt-boy mispronounced baguette as baggot, so we've been harassing him ever since. It's what older brothers do~

aish

Smash Journeyman
Btw, Vanny, can I see a preview of the new stickers, I wanna see if youve done Ike justice
Been too busy to make new stickers lol

So far, i have like 11 pre regged for melee which is saturday and this is telling me 11 are going to be there. This seriously affects the time guys cause if 11 is gunna be there i'm pushing the time later cause I have something important to attend. For brawl day i got the first hours covered so brawl's ok no matter how many pre regged for that.

SO I GUESS 11 IS COMING TO MELEE THEN?!@#?#

Limeee

Smash Champion
Oh hey, yeah. Forgot I should probably say something more. Oh well...

The rest of those videos of Mike and Jamie should finish uploading sometime today, so I only have two up for now: They're all up now.
http://www.youtube.com/user/brningpyre

Green-shirt-boy mispronounced baguette as baggot, so we've been harassing him ever since. It's what older brothers do~
they are also all really bad videos

and lol at melee players being too cool for pre-regging

/sarcasm

Stevo

Smash Champion
dw about the pre-reg anymore... we got this covered

start of melee is going to be a gongshow btw

im assuming you guys have stations set up and everything?

I havnt been to one of these things, but if you guys needed help with anything im assuming you would have asked?

gongshow is fine, thats how melee rolls.

T-block

B2B TST
the setups will come when they come, but we don't have a laptop for doubles lol, unless someone wants to bring theirs. so, manual brackets for melee doubles atm... shouldn't be too hard with less than 8 teams

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Yep, try to be lazy, but then the director acts lazy, forcing you to exert effort, what a pain =/.

Just stick Luke in Losers first round, then do w/e for the rest of the tourny

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
Vania, half the melee players don't even know this thread exists.

edit: Tournament commitment.

Top Bottom