• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

aish's edmonton brawl monthlies - over

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Say please. D=<

I might bring a TV as well, possibly with Gamecube/Wii. I don't know if the small TV we have will lag though...I don't pay attention to these things. So, what would be the best way to figure that out?

:005:

T-block

B2B TST
lol...well if you don't mind, just bring it anyways. people will use it as a friendlies tv

For anyone who's unclear, since we're having a few organizational issues:

Schedule
11am - doors open (I won't be there this early though >_>)
12am- - doubles start (please try to be there on time... I want to avoid putting anyone in losers bracket)

The rest we'll play by ear... time-wise we should be fine. I just wanted to make sure everyone's on the same page with when this starts.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
The thing is though, I can either bring the small TV that's easy to transport and might lag, or a larger TV that won't lag, but will be a pain in the *** to get from point A to point B. I just want to confirm whether or not the small one will lag before I make my decision.

Also, I'll show up at 11. I'll have my laptop, so we can set up the bracket on that.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Only if the guy who's driving me there is okay with helping me haul a large TV in and out of his car repeatedly. >.> Speaking of which, aish, did you say we can leave equipment there overnight and be sure it'll be secure? Because that would reduce our theoretical moving times by half, which will make a difference, I'm sure...

Edit: Okay, I talked to the guy (Salamander/Jared; he was at SK in August, mains ROB, if that helps), and he has his own crappy TV to contribute. I'll bring the big one I have, so we'll (hopefully) have 2 TVs, for both days. The thing is, he's hesitant to bring his Wii, and mine is unsuitable for tournament play (shuts off randomly), so if a couple people could bring consoles for the two days and make our contributions worthwhile, that would be fantastic. =]

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Adam (Zero) can bring his Wii. And I may be able to bring mine. But if I come for Melee Day, I'll be taking the console back with me for the night so I can practice for Brawl Day.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Im officially in Melee day, though probably only singles (unless Brandon wants to really make this a joke and have Maverick SOLDIERs enter doubles XD), not expecting much, but I want the chance to experience and learn Melee to, maybe make an upset or 2, Using Roy.

Since Im coming both days, Ill bring my Wii, but someones gotta bring a Memory card for Melee, my data for it got corrupted, so I have no one basically

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Adam (Zero) can bring his Wii. And I may be able to bring mine. But if I come for Melee Day, I'll be taking the console back with me for the night so I can practice for Brawl Day.
So you're unsure if you're coming for day 1? Taking it back overnight isn't an issue, but it would be nice if we knew if you can have it for both days. ^.^

Im officially in Melee day, though probably only singles (unless Brandon wants to really make this a joke and have Maverick SOLDIERs enter doubles XD), not expecting much, but I want the chance to experience and learn Melee to, maybe make an upset or 2, Using Roy.

Since Im coming both days, Ill bring my Wii, but someones gotta bring a Memory card for Melee, my data for it got corrupted, so I have no one basically
Great! Thanks. =D

Haha, go Alberta, getting s*** done at 2 in the morning.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
PFFFT. No Doubles for me. No way. XD

I've got a Memory Card.

[EDIT]

Oh, Jake. I'm in on Melee Day. XD I'll be there for both!

[EDIT #2]

If I were to enter Doubles though, team name is,

"LET KAGE'S DAUGHTER GO, MANG0!"

BankaiPwn

Smash Cadet
5:01 here...

K I might as well post what I posted in the Alberta forum here in an attempt that it might solve my problem.
Long story, will provide a TL;DR at the end.

I started smashing when I recently came to residence for school, and that's what I got into smash (so just a few months). I've never owned a GC, and to this day I've been trying to get better slowly without my own GC (I'll have one when I go home for break). Anywho... Victra convinced me to stay for the Melee tourny on the 19th. However, since I have never owned a GC in my life, I'm in the predicment of being controllerless.

Yesterday I posted in the Alberta thread asking about this, and decided perhaps I could post it here as well and it may recieve a reply, (it's recieved potential replies in the AB thread, but this could help... right?).

Basically, I'm asking if anyone has an extra GC controller that I could use for the Melee Tourny on the 19t. I am very careful with stuff like this (Especially the equipment of others) and would be willing to offer collateral on my part for the day.

TL;DR
<-- noob going to a Melee tourny but doesn't own a GC, needs a controller. offering collateral + contact information to make sure you get your controller back.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
@ BankaiPwn

Collateral for borrowing a controller for a day? You serious?

Welcome to the world of competitive Smash Bros., my friend. You don't need to pay for squat. You can use my second one I bring to tournaments just for such an occassion (and when/if my regular controller's analog rips thanks to my claw style)

You're covered. ^^b

[EDIT]

Just give it back to me when you're done, or I'll grab it when I'm done and heading out. Simple as that.

BankaiPwn

Smash Cadet
As I said, I'm new to smashing in general, and although I understand the community is awesome, I've only been to 1 tourny (quite a small one) so I'm still overall a newbie.

I thank you for your generosity =D, can't wait to get my GC when I go home for christmas. xD

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
You serious...dont suppose you have a 3rd one I can borrow Brandon, no store I can get to atm has one that works well, and my GC would be nearly unusable, Z-button doesnt work due to a recent transport issue, both sticks are 50/50 as well, either they F up or they work...for a little while. Either that, or I can stop at an EB/Gamestop on the way to the tourny, but Im unsure if they carry even used ones in Kingsway

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I only have two controllers that don't have the torn analog. I could bring a 3rd controller if you don't mind a little bit of a rip in the analog padding (won't be a hindrance to anyone who doesn't claw the analog like myself); that, and it has a rubbed off signature from PC Chris. Probably should have used some preservative...

Dragonz7

Smash Apprentice
Just found out im working on the 20th, so no brawl for me :( Funk and i can still bring a setup, it just wont be there for the 20th now. Also i want in on some money matches =] Anyone?

mm Hype Hype.

Dragonz7

Smash Apprentice
I have like 3 extra controllers if people need them, they're brand new so they arent broken in much =/

Luke Falco vs young link $5
Tyler Falco vs Falco $5 (or how ever much you want :p, i suck)

anyone else?

Top Bottom