• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adventure Time Mafia | Game Over: Aren't You Cold...?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
'Is this guy serious?' Gorf thought. 'It's obvious that he's yet to respond to anything in the 224th post by me, since asking a silly question doesn't just surpass all of what I said in previously mentioned post.'

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Are you asking me to explain why you would call them town later? I believe this is similar to what J said he wouldn't do when I asked, so I feel like I'll say I won't answer either.

How about this guys: I get it, I look scummy. If this isn't remedied by Day end we can go ahead and lynch me. However, I'd ask the Day be taken a few other places before it's over. Continuing to pressure me when most people agree already is just going to be scummy if I'm not able to do anything as a result.
First thing; That isn't what I did at all so just for my few cents, you can't really mimic me. =P

Also why are you afraid of getting lynched and believing we will just QL you and not look anywhere else? It just seems too much of a plea that is really out of place since not even all the players have posted their opinions yet.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Sure, I'll bite then, but I got from your refusing to read what I posted that you were done with this back-and-forth.

Although he had a tendency of using this argument a lot, Gorf knew that it fit just perfectly in this scenario as well as it fits in so many others.

"Your argument, Kantrip," Gorf started, "is very much so a reach.
Trying to discredit arguments by calling them a reach without evidence. Especially considering it was an argument that was originally used on me by Gorf, and apparently it wasn't a reach then.

Most, if not all, of your accusations against my soul being evil is purely based off of surface material, and doesn't dwell at all into the idea surrounding the questions asked.
Again, I accused Gorf of what he was trying to pin on me, but when I do it apparently it's just surface material. I'm pretty sure I dwelt on the idea surrounding the questions you asked. You asked for Raziek to explain his pressure. This is pretty clear: You wanted an explanation. Why? As town, it is possible you didn't realize what Raziek was doing and actually wanted him to explain. This is how I saw it when I tried to explain it to you. As scum, you are just faking questions to look townie while shutting down scumhunting by causing Raziek's pressure to hold no weight since it can't have an explanation.

One example is my questioning Raziek's reason for attacking the Fiction, because it was truly off for me to see Raziek go on the front lines in that manner. I was curious of his attack, and I was honestly looking to get an idea where he was going with this, because Raziek does have capability of doing good things. Notice how I totally dropped it when he said he was trying new things, and left myself to trust Raziek on working his own game until the Fiction responded. Things could definitely have gone somewhere had Raziek continued, and you are in no place, as I'm not, to diminish the intentions of one. Only said person can diminish his own intentions.
So you're telling me that your intentions were to get clarification because it felt strange that Raz was doing what he was doing. That's fine, but what of the other two posts? Your questions had the potential to shut down his scumunting, and yet you are still on ME for diminishing intentions. WTF are you even trying to say by that? How was I diminishing intentions? This, I would like to know.

Kantrip

Kantplay
First thing; That isn't what I did at all so just for my few cents, you can't really mimic me. =P

Also why are you afraid of getting lynched and believing we will just QL you and not look anywhere else? It just seems too much of a plea that is really out of place since not even all the players have posted their opinions yet.
Well Sang was asking me why she would do something as scum. Sounds to me like what I asked you. "You are calling me scummy for this, but then why did I do this?"

I'm not worried about being QL'd at all. What I'm worried about is that we won't get anything more from this Day.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Why do you get that impression? Pressure on you from myself has only been going on for about ~24 hours but the thing is no one else is posting that much.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Because so many people have popped in just to sheep and parrot suspicions of me. It seems like all that is being posted refers to me in some way, and I don't want the Day to go like that.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Then why not make people look at it in another way? =P Why not call the parroter out and those not explaining things if you have a problem with it?

Riiiiight now, my eye's mainly on you *with a little side-glance at Sang*. And nothing at the moment makes me wanna look at something else.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Because I'd be called out on deflection. I haven't even really noticed any of them looking scummy. Probably just sheep. I can look again, though.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

Don't go into things thinking you know how they will turn out. It will usually end in failure. =P

Come back to me with results.

Vlade

Social Outcast
A lot of discussion between J and Kantrip which seems to just be swinging back and forth as they both find something wrong with what the other person is trying to say every time. I must say I am getting town vibes from J, when I read his arguments I feel that they are very sound and of a pro-town nature. I think that his reads are genuine and he isn't sheeping.

@Kantrip: So now that Kosha Boy has explained the difference in opinions of the hydra heads, do you still think Kosha Boy is the scummiest or is Gorf now your main suspect?

Kantrip

Kantplay
A lot of discussion between J and Kantrip which seems to just be swinging back and forth as they both find something wrong with what the other person is trying to say every time. I must say I am getting town vibes from J, when I read his arguments I feel that they are very sound and of a pro-town nature. I think that his reads are genuine and he isn't sheeping.
Quote me at least one argument of J's that you liked and why. One should do, as I don't disagree, but I'd like to see this.

@Kantrip: So now that Kosha Boy has explained the difference in opinions of the hydra heads, do you still think Kosha Boy is the scummiest or is Gorf now your main suspect?
I still want the answer from the other head. Just because one can back out of this doesn't mean both can.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
unvote
vote: kosha boy

100% fine with his lynch toDay.

@J and Kantrip: is there any way to make your back-and-forths directed to the rest of town, or at least readable in some way? I just glaze over them with lack of interest.

@people who have a townread on Radical Fiction: stop it.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Hmmm I could be tempted to a KB lynch.

Asdioh, what do you mean by "direct it to the rest of town"?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I dunno, I just find it impossible to focus on that for long. I'll need to do a reread of this thread eventually, and that might be part of the reason.
But like, it seems you're trying to convince Kantrip that he's scum, and Kantrip's trying to convince you that he's not, when you should both be trying to convince the rest of the town on these things.

And Kosha Boy was viewing for a while but now he ISN'T. He's also dangerously stanceless, as he was in B&H mafia.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Quote me at least one argument of J's that you liked and why. One should do, as I don't disagree, but I'd like to see this.
If I had to pick one (as there are several), it would probably be this:

J said:
.....I have explained why it is scummy what you were doing. You were openly trying to manipulate someone's answers to your own way without letting them answer for themselves and then evaluate from there. It's scummy to do as such. You say you were "baiting" him but I did not look as such nor do I think that is was a towny move to do. It looked shady and that's why I'm calling you out on it.

The second paragraph is pretty much pointless because it's basic facts except for one thing, people have been showing you why they find you scummy Kanty. You just keep marking it up to WIFOM or that you don't agree to it. People have shown you why to the contrary but you continue to mark it up to "Why would I do this as scum?"

That is not a plausible answer. =/
I touched on it earlier but J really nailed this point hard: You have been using a lot of WIFOM in your defense. I find it very scummy because rather than refute what J has had to say, or acknowledge and agree with what he is saying, on some occassions you have resorted to using a WIFOM scenario where you question whether "x" move would be the best action for scum.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I dunno, I just find it impossible to focus on that for long. I'll need to do a reread of this thread eventually, and that might be part of the reason.
But like, it seems you're trying to convince Kantrip that he's scum, and Kantrip's trying to convince you that he's not, when you should both be trying to convince the rest of the town on these things.

And Kosha Boy was viewing for a while but now he ISN'T. He's also dangerously stanceless, as he was in B&H mafia.
So are you basing your KB read on meta, Asdioh?

And hmmm....I actually do understand what you are saying and have to say I may be going about this the wrong way a bit. Thanks for pointing that out.

Kantrip

Kantplay
J, if I'm going to dislike anyone who was on my wagon, I would have to say Bardull.

I don't like how easy it was to get him on the wagon, and the how easy it was to get him off. I feel like he didn't even read my wall and just said "k he changed his ways".

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So are you basing your KB read on meta, Asdioh?
I never said that, J. I'm saying he's scummy, he's scum, and the fact that he's reminding me too strongly of his play in B&H only makes me more confident.

Asdioh, is there anything else that makes you so comfortable about a Kosha Boy lynch?
Look through his posts. His scumminess is self-explanatory.

Kosha Boy

Smash Rookie
Between J and Kantrip, I'm thinking it's TvS (J vs. Kantrip). J definitely seems to have a lot of town intent in his search to hunt scum and I agree with a lot of his points. I dislike Kantrip a lot more with his hardcore deflect to Sang. Really looked like he was trying to get the attention off of him.

I left the browser up by accident. I don't like the meta argument because it's based on John who only made the 1st two posts on the hydra.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
ok. That's a legitimate meta defense, but my point still stands. All you've done is comment on the current argument (J and Kantrip) and taken the easy position. What about the rest of the players? What do you do if your Kantrip scumread falls through? I have no idea who, or why, your other scumpicks are.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'm not going to accept that reasoning Kosha Boy. I was trying to respond and defend myself for the longest time, and when J was talking about Sang's wagon I read into it. I was asked to provide what I did against Sang. How the **** can you call it deflecting when J TOLD me to provide the reasoning for my Sang read.

Obviously you are just sheeping a "safe" stance.

Unvote Vote: Kosha Boy

#HBC | Gorf

J, if I'm going to dislike anyone who was on my wagon, I would have to say Bardull.

I don't like how easy it was to get him on the wagon, and the how easy it was to get him off. I feel like he didn't even read my wall and just said "k he changed his ways".
Gorf scoffed at Kantrip saying such a thing when, apparently, Gorf is on the wagon. 'Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...' Gorf snooted.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I meant for being on my wagon, or how they are on the wagon.

My qualms with you are on a different matter.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh

"I'm not playing Dodge Socks until you stop dodging my question!"

I'm watching my first episode of AT. Someone needs to use that quote sometime.

Kosha Boy

Smash Rookie
ok. That's a legitimate meta defense, but my point still stands. All you've done is comment on the current argument (J and Kantrip) and taken the easy position. What about the rest of the players? What do you do if your Kantrip scumread falls through? I have no idea who, or why, your other scumpicks are.
Well here are some reads:

Town:

J - Very pro-town motives by scumhunting and laying down reasonings that I think are very solid.
Gorf - I like how he is playing. It seems like town Gorf to me and I am fine. I wish he would do a little more though.
Bardull - I feel like he has had some townie actions and wants to find scum. I didn't like how easily he backed off of his vote on Kantrip but I don't think that he's scum because of it. More that his first vote has been sheeping town.

Leaning town:

RF - He seems to be playing like Ryker which I'm not the biggest fan of, but it reminds me of Utrick'd which I made the mistake that he was scum when he wasn't. I feel like if he wanted Sang lynched he would make more of an effort than "Die Sang! Die!" but I've seen Ryker do this before. A little nervous to put him as full town because I'm not good at reading Ryker.
Vlade - I kinda see some towny intents from him. I think he is asking good questions, but other than that I don't feel like he's doing much.

Null:

Sang - I originally had her as scum due to some misreading and some of her defense is a little overly defensive for my taste, but it's not so much that I think she's scum.
Asidoh - Nothing you've really done or said has swayed me in either direction. Not really sure why.
Anyone I haven't listed - I don't really recall anything from you guys and I would like that to change.

Scum:

Kantrip – I haven’t liked his play and how he has reacted to people like Gorf (which really sounds like a battle of egos) and how he decides to attack Sang really late. He might be telling the truth that he just skimmed over it, but I feel like the pressure on Sang was a major event at the time and Kantrip would’ve at least taken note of it and picked a side. If you really didn’t read it then I guess I

I'm not going to accept that reasoning Kosha Boy. I was trying to respond and defend myself for the longest time, and when J was talking about Sang's wagon I read into it. I was asked to provide what I did against Sang. How the **** can you call it deflecting when J TOLD me to provide the reasoning for my Sang read.

Obviously you are just sheeping a "safe" stance.

Unvote Vote: Kosha Boy
I know that he asked you why. That's not why I think it's a deflection. Most of what you have on Sang to me seems to be based around her defensiveness. Although I'm not a fan of over defensiveness, it's not a scum tell. I saw this more as a way to be opportunistic to try and move the spotlight. I could be wrong and you honestly find Sang scummy. Can you show me some reasons that Sang is scum besides the fact that she was defensive?

Also I finally got a hold of John (he’s been really busy as of late). He said the town vibe on you was RVS and didn’t think that you would actually take it seriously.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Spewing town reads without reasoning doesn't belong in RVS and only muddles the thread. John should know better.

Hey Inferno, if you don't find defensiveness scummy, what have you disliked about how I reacted to people? I feel like your reads are really safe.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Later as in after John answers later. Is my answer imperative to the progress of the rest of the day? If I say why John is a scummy scumbag his answer won't be as genuine for why he thinks I'm a townie townbox.
Yes, but you say "later" fairly often and I'm not sure why it's imperative why you don't answer, but I'll leave it for now. That's not the important thing, so long as you answer eventually... I guess.

Well Sang was asking me why she would do something as scum. Sounds to me like what I asked you. "You are calling me scummy for this, but then why did I do this?"
Lies. I wasn't asking you why I would call them town or why I would do something like that as scum. I was asking you a question which you refused to answer.

Because I'd be called out on deflection. I haven't even really noticed any of them looking scummy. Probably just sheep. I can look again, though.
I don't really think anyone else would be willing to call something deflection other than you. Maybe OMGUS if you don't have any reason to vote, but, and correct me if I'm wrong, you're probably the only one obsessed with deflections.

...Okay. I am wrong. KB/Inferno does as well, but I don't understand it. Explain deflection to me, please. How does it differ from OMGUS and how is it a scum-tell?

unvote
vote: kosha boy

100% fine with his lynch toDay.
could you give me some town and scum reads? I don't really remeber much and if you've already made that post just say so and I'll go look for it but I'm just courious.

asdioh said:
@people who have a townread on Radical Fiction: stop it.
reason? I don't disagree, but why?

@KB. You only have one scum read? No relatively leaning scum? Could you give me some back-up on your gorf read? If you don't think RF wants me dead, why does he keep trying to get people to lynch me?

@Everyone. What are your opinions on deflection? Is it really a scum-tell, or could it be something else?

Sorry for the semi-wall. I won't be here the rest of today and most of tomorrow so I wanted to get as much done as I could.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
1. Overswarm - Full thoughts on every player. How's the weather?
This is actually a good exercise for me even though I don't know much right now (reading on page 3 as I answer this, train of thought style) since I don't really know who is in the game.

Obv town:
1. Overswarm - Incredibly handsome and charming. Has a neat hat.

Others:

2. Vlade - Takes himself a bit too seriously from what I can see; will likely be more confident in his reads than he should. Don't suggest allowing him to be the spearpoint on any push, but it'll likely come to that anyway.

3. J - same old J as always. No inclination of alignment yet, but same J. Feel slight connection between him and bardull. Enjoy J's approach more than others. Would be most likely to buddy with him, regardless of his alignment, as he is making sense and is one of the few that does.

4. Bardull - WTF @ his vote on Kantrip after your post. Sheep to the extreme. I beat him in the Wifi Wars tournament years ago and still bring it up and laugh at him. WTF @ his unvote for Kantrip after Kantrip produces word vomit.

5. Asdioh - Cool kid. I like 'em.

6. Nabe - Watching Nabe, but no inclination. Him and J are in the same boat.

7. Kantrip - "Abrasive and defensive." Seems insecure of his own abilities and is liable to make a lot of noise if people target him too closely. Am interested in seeing exactly who started this and why, because a certain few here should know better. Definitely doesn't want to die.

8. Gorf - I hate his new style of posting. Will be fine lynching him and anyone who posts like it consistently.

9. Raziek - Left inexplicably blank during my read through. A COINCIDENCE? I think not. Raziek needs to post more and post some specific thoughts.

10. Kosha Boy (John2k4/Inferno3044) - Fallback lynch by default. And then again after reading posts.

11. SangfroidWarrior - Many words. Little substance. Very spread out in terms of attention. has a fruity avatar. Doesn't have family or friends like Overswarm and is suuuuuuper jealous and wants people to know why I'm not that after a 24 hour period. Really REALLY all over the place. Do not like that. Do not like how he is playing the field.

sang said:
Read 1984 by George Orwell. Then it'll make more sense.
Oh geez. -_-;;

12. Ryker Radical Fiction - odd focus on Vlade early game, but I'm not above picking on people either so whatever. Good reads on Vlade from it. Hate the narrative posts. Would be fine lynching you for that alone. Like your attention to detail and focus on individuals rather than broad sections. Makes you vulnerable later, thus less likely for good scum to do. Even if you were scum, it could and would be used against you later, so... win/win.

You know what I think would be a grand idea? Kantrip and Sanguine arguing with each other over which would be a better lynch choice. We could all wear funny hats and judge them.

#HBC | Gorf

For Gorf, reading the senseless back-and-forths between Kantrip and J/Sang was a major headache, so he decided to stop even trying until they seized, as he saw a new face approach.

The Swarm was an intriguing one, to say the least. An empty feeling encompassed Gorf as he concluded reading the Swarm's list of opinions. 'It's as if nobody's good enough for his standards,' Gorf thought. 'Snide remarks left and right, while the only fair comment is to that of Asdioh... In fact, very short of anything really aside from an I'm better than you persona...' Gorf kept a mental note assuring to keep an eye on the Swarm, and hoped that others would do the same.

#HBC | Gorf

Why isn't this a response to Kantrip's larger post-response which you asked for, or even an acknowledgement that it exists so that people know you're aware :(
"Argh!" Gorf cried momentarily, getting over the colours in a relatively quicker instance than before. "My apologies. I've stopped truly caring about large posts, or responding to large posts, from the likes of Kantrip due to the track record of his continuing upon said person's large post with an almost/even LARGER post, which I wish not to davel with. But let it be known in writing that I AM ignoring said post(s)."

#HBC | Gorf

"Neigh," Gorf continued, as if in the form of an editing of a post, "I'm ignoring responding to said post(s). I did read/skim what I was able to concentrate on, though."

Top Bottom