• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adventure Time Mafia | Game Over: Aren't You Cold...?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Gorf wondered if the Sang Warrior was serious. After all, it seemed apparent to him that no townsperson would take that quote from Asdioh seriously. 'The only explanation,' Gorf figured, 'is that she's maliciously trying to keep her stance and reason for discontent.

As Gorf continued reading, he noticed the most recent post by J and wanted to give him a fair warning.
"For the sake of all humanity, J," Gorf pleaded, "DON'T allow personal relations to supercede the relations you may have in game! The Sang Warrior is of pure evil! I only say this due to your history of feeling rude lynch the one they call Tandora. You can change your ways J!"

Gorf concluded that posting in this game on a blackberry was gruesome.
I'm not letting personal relations do anything...? This isn't the first time I've played with Sang. Tanny is a lynch I'd rather not do but I have vig shot her myself for my reads. I'm saying ignoring questions are never good.

We see no need to answer scum questions.

Traps and pits abound. No good could come of it.
Well that's not true at all haha. ;P Info comes about by answering questions, even people you believe to be scum because you could be wrong on them or you could give more information to town. This feels weird having to tell you this because you should know this.

Kantrip

Kantplay
^^^Exactly the question I was asking myself with the KB vote over the Gorf vote. I was fully expecting a Gorf vote since he went in depth as to explain why Gorf is scummy and didn't really explain at all why KB was that scummy.
Tell me why I would vote Kosha Boy as scum if everyone is expecting me to vote Gorf. Do I want to purposely draw attention to a strange vote so I get pressure on me? I don't see your reasoning with this.

Then he gives this response:

This seems like a complete cop-out answer. "I have reasons for voting Kosha." yet he doesn't say what they are. He just states they are scummier than Gorf? How? Where? What exactly because all I see is more GorfScum from you and little on KB.

Your vote on KB plus your explanation is grimy for lack of substance and explanation without answering the question fully but moreso giving the bare minimum.
I really do think Kosha Boy is a scummier slot. Or at least, they deserve my vote more. Until they answer questions and stop viewing just to leave again without saying anything, my vote is completely fine being on them. I feel like with them, I need to give a vote to get a response (from John especialy, from my numerous experiences with him). I know that Gorf will respond to my stuff without me needing to vote. I don't see how people can find it scummy, though. If people do what they should so and analyze intent they would realize it makes as little sense for scum as town.

What was the point of answering the question for Bardull? What did you have to gain from answering some other person's question? I don't get at all why you took it upon yourself for answering for Bardull. Plus this attitude of telling Raz to slow down for something you did wrong and trying to make it up by saying you asked him in a question.

A question, might I add, that will manipulating his answer. You worded it in a way to influence the outcome and I don't like it at all.
You seem to grasp the point of answering for Bardull right here, though you still ask for it. Yes, what I said will manipulate his answer. Or at least, it may have before this attention was drawn to it. I wanted to see how malleable he was. Considering he backed off me for making one wall of text, I was curious to know if he would play agreeable and say my answer was correct. If he did this, I would suspect him. Apparently no one likes letting me get reads on people. I always feel so ****blocked when I try to scumhunt.

Two things with regards to the bolded. You pointed out that he was "baselessly attacking you" which I can understand somewhat but you mention it twice to try and highlight that he is doing as such. Your second quote is scummier with the baseless thing because you are already trying to hurt Gorf's attack on you by saying "Try not to include any of those baseless attacks." which is utter Garbage. Then you say to keep AtE and WIFOM out of there when he hadn't even been doing either so what was the point of bringing up that he shouldn't have done that type of stuff. It reeks of you trying to hurt his argument before he even has responded to it which is scummy.
Why is telling Gorf not to baselessly attack me garbage? Do you want him to do this? Do you want him to fill his argument with AtE and WIFOM? I'm not trying to hurt his argument. If anything, excluding these things will make his argument better. It is the scummy things I'm telling him to avoid. It's not like I said

"Make sure your argument doesn't quote me, and also don't point out any contradictions or discrepancies. Oh and also try not to be logical either." No, I'm telling him to exclude things that are BAD.

Also you call Gorf out on this baseless attack accusation yet why no call-out to RF which has been their entire game so far on Sang? You make a big deal out of it when you feel Gorf is doing it to you but nothing for another party that is doing the same thing? I don't like it.
I like what RF is doing wrt Sang and I feel no reason to intervene there. It promises to actually go somewhere. Gorf's attacks are of a different nature. If I explain more I'll be stepping on RF's toes so I'd appreciate if this stopped here.

============

Speaking of which;

It's not a habit that needs breaking and comparing it Soupa's modkills is hilarious. xD It's not even close to the same thing but that's something more out of game.

============
Yeah I just listed things that I knew people had a habit of doing. I feel as though AtE is a scummy tactic and so shouldn't be used by either scum or town because it is anti-town. That's why I said it is a bad habit but yeah that point isn't really necessary I just used it to convey self-meta which should already be taken with the largest of salt grains.

Back to real matters

This paragraph is really off colour to me. The reason I do not like it is because it's an extremely wordy/fluffy paragraph to answer Swiss in such a way that doesn't even make sense. *Btw, I believe it was Ryker who left those questions* You go into a complete circle with this paragraph without answering his question and at the end you ask him to clarify it. It's not exactly scummy, but moreso anti-town/useless to what is going on and it just inflated the post up more.
I'm pretty sure Swiss left those questions, because that is why Swiss told me on Britches and Hose. I could have put that in a separate post, and it's more of an out-of-game matter, but Swiss brought it up now so I decided to respond to it. Not anti-town at all. Merely null.

Please clarify this paragraph. This looks really bad to me if I am reading it the way I am because all I keep seeing is the first and last sentence together. Why in the world would you do that if you knew it would yeild us nothing if you questioning it. It looks absolutely pointless. =/ It looks like you knew it was going to fail/not help but did it anyways.
No, I said that Raziek's accusation I knew would yield us nothing. I knew that Ryker would either ignore it or respond to it knowing that it was baseless, meaning that any response gained from it wouldn't actually help find his alignment. I wanted Gorf to understand what Raziek was doing, because it was very clear that he didn't. So I took the least helpful of Raziek's accusations and broke it down. This spurred a Kantrip VS Gorf that then grew and gave us a lot more to work with than the original accusation ever could have. I did not say questioning it would yield us nothing. I said that it on its own would yield us nothing.

Alright this is really scummy to me purely based on the amount of an almost bellicose and superfluous amount you went onto explaining a self-meta on how you being defensive should be taken as a null-tell. Why are you worried so much on clarifying that what you do is a null tell? He wasn't even making that big a deal about it but you go to such lengths to make sure he knows it isn't scummy? You don't even try to disprove Nabe on his case but continue to say that what he saying is true, but it's just not scummy for a person like yourself. Really? ^^"
Well I'm not going to lie. Why would I tell Nabe what he's saying isn't true if it is true? It IS true. I WAS being defensive and abrasive and aggressive. My best way to defend from this is to be honest: Being defensive and abrasive and aggressive isn't a scumtell for me. What do you want me to do? Disprove Nabe on his case?

My vote on Sang was based more of a feel whereas with these stream of posts by Kanty, I feel much stronger scum-vibes that I can actually place down.
Why do you feel the need to explain this?

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Until they answer questions and stop viewing just to leave again without saying anything, my vote is completely fine being on them.
I guess it's time to pull this out again. Assuming John is the head that has been lurking.
Sorry. I guess I'm skimming again but this popped out to me. Really? There's nobody that you think could possibly be any scummier, only a possible lurker?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Tell me why I would vote Kosha Boy as scum if everyone is expecting me to vote Gorf. Do I want to purposely draw attention to a strange vote so I get pressure on me? I don't see your reasoning with this.
Why are you using WIFOM to try and discredit the point? "Why would I do this as scum?" o.O"

Kanty said:
I really do think Kosha Boy is a scummier slot. Or at least, they deserve my vote more. Until they answer questions and stop viewing just to leave again without saying anything, my vote is completely fine being on them. I feel like with them, I need to give a vote to get a response (from John especialy, from my numerous experiences with him). I know that Gorf will respond to my stuff without me needing to vote. I don't see how people can find it scummy, though. If people do what they should so and analyze intent they would realize it makes as little sense for scum as town.
How do you know that they continuously view and not say anything? I have not noticed that habit and you have not been here yourself a while which was pointed out by Vlade/yourself so where did you pull that reason from? Also the only question they haven't answered is the one based on the town read on you that pretty much everyone and their mother has pointed out at this point.

You then try to discredit the point, again, with WIFOM by saying "Look at my intent, what is the point of me doing this as scum?" Quit using faulty logic.

Kanty said:
You seem to grasp the point of answering for Bardull right here, though you still ask for it. Yes, what I said will manipulate his answer. Or at least, it may have before this attention was drawn to it. I wanted to see how malleable he was. Considering he backed off me for making one wall of text, I was curious to know if he would play agreeable and say my answer was correct. If he did this, I would suspect him. Apparently no one likes letting me get reads on people. I always feel so ****blocked when I try to scumhunt.
Manipulating someone to get a "read" as you call it, is scummy especially when you are trying to influence their answer on another person's question which you, yourself, tried to answer. It looks terrible. You cannot simply mark it up to people ****blocking you when you try to scum-hunt.

Kanty said:
Why is telling Gorf not to baselessly attack me garbage? Do you want him to do this? Do you want him to fill his argument with AtE and WIFOM? I'm not trying to hurt his argument. If anything, excluding these things will make his argument better. It is the scummy things I'm telling him to avoid. It's not like I said

"Make sure your argument doesn't quote me, and also don't point out any contradictions or discrepancies. Oh and also try not to be logical either." No, I'm telling him to exclude things that are BAD.
You are not just telling him to not include things that are bad, but attacking his defense that is non-existant by poisoning the water (Or well, I can't remember which one it is at the moment you get what I mean with the rhetoric device. xD) Why are you trying to influence his defense with a post like that? You know Gorf has been playing mafia for much longer than you have and also you seem to be berating him without any evidence to suggest he would have done as such.

Give me evidence that would back up you having to precaution Gorf to not use AtE/WIFOM in his defense from this game.

Kanty said:
I like what RF is doing wrt Sang and I feel no reason to intervene there. It promises to actually go somewhere. Gorf's attacks are of a different nature. If I explain more I'll be stepping on RF's toes so I'd appreciate if this stopped here.
Explain why you like RF is doing and how it promises to go somewhere. I doubt RF will mind if you answer how it promises to go somewhere and this looks more like an attempt to back out without giving me an answer that you don't have by buddying RF.

Kanty said:
No, I said that Raziek's accusation I knew would yield us nothing. I knew that Ryker would either ignore it or respond to it knowing that it was baseless, meaning that any response gained from it wouldn't actually help find his alignment. I wanted Gorf to understand what Raziek was doing, because it was very clear that he didn't. So I took the least helpful of Raziek's accusations and broke it down. This spurred a Kantrip VS Gorf that then grew and gave us a lot more to work with than the original accusation ever could have. I did not say questioning it would yield us nothing. I said that it on its own would yield us nothing.
Alright, thank you for clarifying that more because when I was reading it, it really sent me through a loop trying to figure out if you were actually doing what you stated. Regardless, I still don't like that you said it would yield us nothing because I actually disagree to that sentiment.

Kanty said:
Well I'm not going to lie. Why would I tell Nabe what he's saying isn't true if it is true? It IS true. I WAS being defensive and abrasive and aggressive. My best way to defend from this is to be honest: Being defensive and abrasive and aggressive isn't a scumtell for me. What do you want me to do? Disprove Nabe on his case?
It's completely WIFOM your answer. We have to trust you on your own self-meta which you believe to be true. I could honestly say that I feel I AtE equally when I am both scum/town but others may feel different about that while others will feel different another way about it. What you are doing is not helping but moreso making things much more confusing. Yes, what I would like you to do is show Nabe how he is wrong instead of just self-meta yourself out of your defense.

Kanty said:
Why do you feel the need to explain this?
I explained it because I hopped off Sang and onto you rather quickly in one post without explaining anything.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Lurking isn't the only point against them. Using huge, bold-faced letters is how I have to get John's attention sometimes. I need the questions for his slot answered.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Lurking isn't the only point against them. Using huge, bold-faced letters is how I have to get John's attention sometimes. I need the questions for his slot answered.
Which questions again? All I remember you asking them is the exact same one everyone has asked of them. *You've also asked them this same question about 3-4 times iirc*

Kosha Boy

Smash Rookie
I really don't like Kantrip's recent posts. None of your posts or intents have any townlike substance and I agree a lot with J's case. Something I highly dislike is the fact that you are insulting Gorf. It's uncalled for and a really bad way to deflect Gorf's suspicions.

@Kantrip - I'm not ignoring you, but this half of the hydra doesn't have an answer and I never had a town read on you. I have made the most recent posts. Ask John.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Actually I have another problem with this quote.

What other points do you have against this slot? You've brought up that they haven't answered questions and that they apparantly have been lurking moreso than others. Explain this more please.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Why are you using WIFOM to try and discredit the point? "Why would I do this as scum?" o.O"
Why are you avoiding the question? Just because it's WIFOM doesn't mean you can't answer it. Suggest some possible explanations for why any scum player would do what I did. They don't have to be true, and I won't respond to them trying to discredit them if you can think of any. I just really can't see any reasons for doing so. It may be WIFOM but if you are telling me that scum would have no reason to do it then I don't see how anyone got the conclusion that it was scummy.

How do you know that they continuously view and not say anything? I have not noticed that habit and you have not been here yourself a while which was pointed out by Vlade/yourself so where did you pull that reason from? Also the only question they haven't answered is the one based on the town read on you that pretty much everyone and their mother has pointed out at this point.

You then try to discredit the point, again, with WIFOM by saying "Look at my intent, what is the point of me doing this as scum?" Quit using faulty logic.
I have seen them viewing and then they leave again at least thrice now. It is a habit of John's to skim and lurk and give absolutely nothing, and I know he, at least, has been able to post. Not sure about the other head though.

It's faulty logic to use as a defense, but I would rather get an answer from you than defend myself, at this point. Tell me the scum motivation, because I am being told something is scummy just because it seems strange, yet I have not been shown the scum intent. Two plus two is four, and something proven strange that is not proven scummy is strange, not scummy.

Manipulating someone to get a "read" as you call it, is scummy especially when you are trying to influence their answer on another person's question which you, yourself, tried to answer. It looks terrible. You cannot simply mark it up to people ****blocking you when you try to scum-hunt.
I didn't try to answer someone else's question. I tried to influence someone else's answer to see if they would take the bait or not. I have never played with or seen Bardull play. Again with this point, you are telling me things are scummy without saying why. I'll never understand why people use scumtells when they don't even know why they are scumtells.

Every player has motivations behind their actions. Town players should have town motives, indy players should have indy motives, and mafia players should have mafia motives. What town wants is to find scum, what scum wants is to survive. Until I can be shown why a "tell" displays scum motivation, I will not accept it as a "tell". Especially when I think it shows motivation to the contrary.

You are not just telling him to not include things that are bad, but attacking his defense that is non-existant by poisoning the water (Or well, I can't remember which one it is at the moment you get what I mean with the rhetoric device. xD) Why are you trying to influence his defense with a post like that? You know Gorf has been playing mafia for much longer than you have and also you seem to be berating him without any evidence to suggest he would have done as such.

Give me evidence that would back up you having to precaution Gorf to not use AtE/WIFOM in his defense from this game.
It's likely his post would not have contained AtE/WIFOM. I said I didn't want them in there because I didn't want them in there. Did I say I believed they would be?

Explain why you like RF is doing and how it promises to go somewhere. I doubt RF will mind if you answer how it promises to go somewhere and this looks more like an attempt to back out without giving me an answer that you don't have by buddying RF.
I like it because RF is pressuring scumpicks and it promises to go somewhere because Sang is responding to it. Gorf is doing the same thing except I have called him out on discrepancies and lies. I haven't found this with RF, and the pressure is not directed at me, so I don't feel like I need to defend Sang. If Sang starts to look like a viable lynch target, I will analyze the case against her and see where I stand then. For now, I will let RF scumhunt.

Alright, thank you for clarifying that more because when I was reading it, it really sent me through a loop trying to figure out if you were actually doing what you stated. Regardless, I still don't like that you said it would yield us nothing because I actually disagree to that sentiment.
Ryker ignored it. It yielded nothing. Do you think if I had not said anything Ryker would have responded?

It's completely WIFOM your answer. We have to trust you on your own self-meta which you believe to be true. I could honestly say that I feel I AtE equally when I am both scum/town but others may feel different about that while others will feel different another way about it. What you are doing is not helping but moreso making things much more confusing. Yes, what I would like you to do is show Nabe how he is wrong instead of just self-meta yourself out of your defense.
But Nabe is NOT wrong. That's what I am trying to say. He said I was being defensive, and I WAS. Why don't you understand this? If I can't display the self-meta as a REASONING for what he pointed out, then I HAVE NO DEFENSE. Because I'm not going to make one up that isn't true.

I explained it because I hopped off Sang and onto you rather quickly in one post without explaining anything.
Okay.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I really don't like Kantrip's recent posts. None of your posts or intents have any townlike substance and I agree a lot with J's case. Something I highly dislike is the fact that you are insulting Gorf. It's uncalled for and a really bad way to deflect Gorf's suspicions.

@Kantrip - I'm not ignoring you, but this half of the hydra doesn't have an answer and I never had a town read on you. I have made the most recent posts. Ask John.
I don't mean to insult or offend. Apologies to Gorf if he feels insulted.

Alright so the hydra heads need to communicate, then, it seems. Either that or you're backing out of something that had no substantiation and we'll never know it.

Man I hate hydras.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Actually I have another problem with this quote.

What other points do you have against this slot? You've brought up that they haven't answered questions and that they apparantly have been lurking moreso than others. Explain this more please.
Later. Remind me if I forget after John responds.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Why are you avoiding the question? Just because it's WIFOM doesn't mean you can't answer it. Suggest some possible explanations for why any scum player would do what I did. They don't have to be true, and I won't respond to them trying to discredit them if you can think of any. I just really can't see any reasons for doing so. It may be WIFOM but if you are telling me that scum would have no reason to do it then I don't see how anyone got the conclusion that it was scummy.
I can't answer it because it is WIFOM. Suggest some possible explanations? How in the world will that be helping anyone with the vast amount of ways there are? Answering your WIFOMy question doesn't help at all and in fact will hurt town by going along with it. =/

I'm not avoiding the question, I'm flat out saying I'm not walking in wine filled waters.

Kanty said:
I have seen them viewing and then they leave again at least thrice now. It is a habit of John's to skim and lurk and give absolutely nothing, and I know he, at least, has been able to post. Not sure about the other head though.
You say just now yet earlier you said it is as if this has been a recurring thing the entire game.

Kanty said:
It's faulty logic to use as a defense, but I would rather get an answer from you than defend myself, at this point. Tell me the scum motivation, because I am being told something is scummy just because it seems strange, yet I have not been shown the scum intent. Two plus two is four, and something proven strange that is not proven scummy is strange, not scummy.
You even admit to it being faulty logic yet still insist on me to use faulty logic to answer said question that will get us nowhere but a circle of "What ifs" and "Would I's?" I have shown you the scum intent from my PoV. I've said how the strange action is scummy and you continue to combat it with WIFOM filled answers that somehow seem plausible to you. @_@ It doesn't make it sense whatsoever what you are trying to do.

Kanty said:
I didn't try to answer someone else's question. I tried to influence someone else's answer to see if they would take the bait or not. I have never played with or seen Bardull play. Again with this point, you are telling me things are scummy without saying why. I'll never understand why people use scumtells when they don't even know why they are scumtells.

Every player has motivations behind their actions. Town players should have town motives, indy players should have indy motives, and mafia players should have mafia motives. What town wants is to find scum, what scum wants is to survive. Until I can be shown why a "tell" displays scum motivation, I will not accept it as a "tell". Especially when I think it shows motivation to the contrary.
.....I have explained why it is scummy what you were doing. You were openly trying to manipulate someone's answers to your own way without letting them answer for themselves and then evaluate from there. It's scummy to do as such. You say you were "baiting" him but I did not look as such nor do I think that is was a towny move to do. It looked shady and that's why I'm calling you out on it.

The second paragraph is pretty much pointless because it's basic facts except for one thing, people have been showing you why they find you scummy Kanty. You just keep marking it up to WIFOM or that you don't agree to it. People have shown you why to the contrary but you continue to mark it up to "Why would I do this as scum?"

That is not a plausible answer. =/

Kanty said:
It's likely his post would not have contained AtE/WIFOM. I said I didn't want them in there because I didn't want them in there. Did I say I believed they would be?
If you had no reason to believe as such, why bring it up? I feel I have asked this question before and we are full circle again. What point do you have to bring it up? "Just so it wouldn't be in there." "Was there any evidence to suggest as such." "No, but I wanted to make sure it wasn't in there." Yeah we have had this conversation before. =3c

Kanty said:
I like it because RF is pressuring scumpicks and it promises to go somewhere because Sang is responding to it. Gorf is doing the same thing except I have called him out on discrepancies and lies. I haven't found this with RF, and the pressure is not directed at me, so I don't feel like I need to defend Sang. If Sang starts to look like a viable lynch target, I will analyze the case against her and see where I stand then. For now, I will let RF scumhunt.
Sang is just at the moment a viable lynch target as you with only one vote standing in between the wagons. When will she be a "viable lynch target" for you to analyze the case against her and see where you stand. She is the second most talked about person and RF has not scum-hunted a bit on Sang but has chosen to ignore her and call her scum like they do with most of their scum-picks in games. RF is presurring in an odd way but it isn't anything like the thing you have been doing with Gorf. The pressure on Sang is just him saying that she is scum and having other people agree with him on logic of their own. He isn't presenting new things but moreso ignoring her to see what she will do based on what he is doing.

Kanty said:
Ryker ignored it. It yielded nothing. Do you think if I had not said anything Ryker would have responded?
Who knows now? It's a possibility he would have responded *leaning on doubtfully*, but we can't tell because the game shifted in another way because of what you said.

Kanty said:
But Nabe is NOT wrong. That's what I am trying to say. He said I was being defensive, and I WAS. Why don't you understand this? If I can't display the self-meta as a REASONING for what he pointed out, then I HAVE NO DEFENSE. Because I'm not going to make one up that isn't true.
Why not combat his other points that he had brought up instead of the points on your defensiveness?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Well the way you phrased your quote sounded as if you had more points before John responding had anything to do with it, but I guess I can wait till John responds. =x

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
ITT: walls vs walls. Got bored of reading them, started skimming. (I think) I agree with most of J's 205, Kantrip's 202 is really scummy, the first line just set off flags.

My internet is being HORRIBLY unreliable lately, so I might not be posting much.

Kosha Boy is still looking scummy, I agree with Kantrip on that point, but they're probably scummates bussing each other so whatever.

Does anybody know where Overswarm is? I know it's the holidays and all, but I didn't see a V/LA announcement of any sort from him so I want to make sure he knows the game's running and all that.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
As the high Gorf felt left his system, Gorf picked up a bottle of rum and vodka and mixed them both in coca cola. But his mind was in a place where he felt confident that he'd probably not read Kantrip's wall, regardless of sobriety. A wall of text does, after all, indicate that reaching is apparent, and Gorf would have none of that.

"Oh, by the way, Kantrip," Gorf objected, "don't even try to get at a calibur that I'm at with willingness to mud sling. You're not at a level where you can do it properly, and hell you've already more than proved to me that your ego is EONS higher than your mafia ability. So why don't you step back and NOT try the big boys for the sake of trying the big boys. I mean, unless you want me to rip into you harder than what I did with Werekill in UTrick'd, which I'm totally prepared to do." Gorf receded to his normal life, hoping Kantrip would be wise and not step into that gross territory.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Your ego is beyond your ability, so calling me out on the same thing is disheartening.

You're better than me, sure, but I can call as I see. And I see contradictions.

I'm also saddened by how unanimous everyone's conviction is. I want to change how I approach mafia, but I wouldn't know where to start.

Taking a break for a while.

#HBC | Gorf

Your ego is beyond your ability, so calling me out on the same thing is disheartening.
Gorf scoffed at the foolishness that spewed from Kantrip.

Kantrip said:
You're better than me, sure, but I can call as I see. And I see contradictions.

I'm also saddened by how unanimous everyone's conviction is. I want to change how I approach mafia, but I wouldn't know where to start.

Taking a break for a while.
Gorf had no idea what Kantrip was referring to, since he didn't even bother even skimming over that wall of text, especially when intoxicated. What he DID notice was mention of Kantrip insulting him, which he found very misplaced, especially in the fair beginning of the first Day. A case? Sure, that'd be understandable to him. But Gorf receded to his original idea of walls being antitown, since one tends to lose plenty of the central message trough the garbage they inevitably spew.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Gorf scoffed at the foolishness that spewed from Kantrip.
Well I'm just saying, you almost shut down RVS pressure by asking for an explanation when there obviously couldn't be one. It's apparent you couldn't tell what was being done, since you called it into question and all. And yet here you are, patronizing me like you're some sort of god. We're all players in this game, and I'm not going to "back down" ONLY because I'm "up against the big boys".

Gorf had no idea what Kantrip was referring to, since he didn't even bother even skimming over that wall of text, especially when intoxicated. What he DID notice was mention of Kantrip insulting him, which he found very misplaced, especially in the fair beginning of the first Day. A case? Sure, that'd be understandable to him. But Gorf receded to his original idea of walls being antitown, since one tends to lose plenty of the central message trough the garbage they inevitably spew.
I am being sincere when I say I didn't intend to insult you, and I'm not even sure where whoever said that got it from. I think it was Inferno, and you're just blindly taking his word. You know, he is one of the scummier slots in this game at the moment. Either way, I'm not sure how you can conclude that a wall is antitown. That post isn't all directed towards you, and it can be taken the same as a series of smaller posts. That it should be disregarded because it's all multiquoted into the same post is aggravating, but hey.

@Raziek: Explain how you like Gorf. He's refusing to read things directed at him and fluffing all of his posts up with that third person stuff, and I did point out a discrepancy in his play that he hasn't so much as looked at. He should really be null through his exchange with me, even if I'm looking bad.

Radical Fiction, J, Nabe town.
Asdioh, Bardull, Vlade, Raziek null.
Gorf, Kosha Boy, Sang scummy.

#HBC | Gorf

Gorf was surprised how much of a reach Kantrip was going for, especially when it was apparent Gorf was not in a proper state of mind to properly read, and Gorf decided this was the time to dissect the thread for what it truly is.

#HBC | Gorf

Although he had a tendency of using this argument a lot, Gorf knew that it fit just perfectly in this scenario as well as it fits in so many others.

"Your argument, Kantrip," Gorf started, "is very much so a reach. Most, if not all, of your accusations against my soul being evil is purely based off of surface material, and doesn't dwell at all into the idea surrounding the questions asked. One example is my questioning Raziek's reason for attacking the Fiction, because it was truly off for me to see Raziek go on the front lines in that manner. I was curious of his attack, and I was honestly looking to get an idea where he was going with this, because Raziek does have capability of doing good things. Notice how I totally dropped it when he said he was trying new things, and left myself to trust Raziek on working his own game until the Fiction responded. Things could definitely have gone somewhere had Raziek continued, and you are in no place, as I'm not, to diminish the intentions of one. Only said person can diminish his own intentions.

"I refuse to address your entire wall because I just don't feel like it." Gorf stated, as he awaited Kantrip calling him blatantly antitown for not responding, when it's just him not wanting to waste his time.

#HBC | Gorf

Gorf, after the 202nd post posted by Kantrip, noted the possibility of either the Kosha Boy and Kantrip being of the same evil, or of an evil Kantrip trying to bring attention to an innocent Kosha Boy, but due to Gorf's previous feelings of the Kosha Boy, he'd probably agree with the former.

#HBC | Gorf

"Well," Gorf countered, "then I guess we see what other people thought of you and how they interacted with you, since, assuming you're town, that's much more important than your interactions with them. That's just fundamental mafia, my friend."

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Kanty, why is Nabe such a strong town read to you and what changed for your Sang read? Is my attack on you why you now have me as town?

Kantrip

Kantplay
You just can't hate someone who types in rainbow. No but really, Nabe's not as strong as some other town reads, but I just used the three categories and I'd have to say Nabe is a town lean.

I read over the stuff with Sang after you brought it up to me and I didn't like the tone brought about with her defense. I feel as though town would just ignore some of the things that Sang just didn't ignore, and when she was getting a bit of pressure she kind of bit back. I'd say I find her actions scummy for similar reasons others are pegging me for. I'm not sure if Sang is one to get defensive regularly.

Your "attack" on me is a large reason for your town read, yes. Though mostly because you're doing what Gorf doesn't seem to want/be able to do. Your questions have pro-town intent from what I can see, too.

Kantrip

Kantplay
OH gog maybe my first point wrt Nabe was more accurate than I thought. I just re-read his posts and I really can't see what was making that lean besides the posting restriction that should be a null tell.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Can you bring up a post the signifies Sang's defensiveness that screams scummy to you?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Why should I try to defend myself against an RVS vote? There is no purpose. And, what signifies as "too wordy"? Why do you not attack Gorf and Fiction for this exact thing, because, if you are looking for posts that are straight and to the point, those are not it. And, thank you for pointing out I have one post. I had not noticed. Another thing, why are you posting about vigs already so early in the game? so early in the Day? It makes no sense to me.

As such, I'm not liking Kantrip as he's been so jumpy and bandwagony. In fact, I dislike anyone on the Vlade wagon and would like an explanation as, at the moment, I don't see much. Yes, some deflecting, but I've seen enough of that from town to know it's not a scumtell.

Kosha, if you don't think that a PR should claim D1, why did you answer? Did you not consider that that question might simply be coming from scum wonderring what PR's might be there and who they could be?

Asdioh, do you think one of J or I are scum, or are you just wanting one or both of us dead?
This one. Asdioh said he would choose her to vig of the two of you due to an RVS post and Sang went crazy hostile.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Where do you see the deflection onto Gorf/Fiction in that post? I also don't remember her deflecting back onto them.

Kantrip

Kantplay
She asks Asdioh why he didn't call Gorf and RF out on the same thing? Trying to bring them down with her, not sure if that's really deflection but it's something.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Why do you keep saying later? This is at least the second time you said later. Why not answer now?

This one. Asdioh said he would choose her to vig of the two of you due to an RVS post and Sang went crazy hostile.
First, you haven't seen me crazy hostile. Second, is there are reason you are just bringing this up now, after both Gorf and Asdioh and RF (and probably others) have brought up the same thing? Why is this suddenly so surprising and a reason to call me scum. Now it really does seem like you are just trying to go with the flow while still giving out "information".

Two plus two is four
I'm sorry, but two plus two is five.

She asks Asdioh why he didn't call Gorf and RF out on the same thing? Trying to bring them down with her, not sure if that's really deflection but it's something.
Do you honestly not find RF's and Gorf's posting styles distracting? They are too wordly and therefore I was wonderring why he selectively chose to call one person out on it.

Trying to bring them down with her
Could you explain where you got this from? Yes, I realize that one post, but it doesn't necessarily make sense why I would try to bring them both down with me then and then later say that I was content with both of them leaning town later.

Sorry, jumped around a lot and didn't intentionally make this focused on Kanty but that seems to be the only valuable thing happening right now.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Why do you keep saying later? This is at least the second time you said later. Why not answer now?
Later as in after John answers later. Is my answer imperative to the progress of the rest of the day? If I say why John is a scummy scumbag his answer won't be as genuine for why he thinks I'm a townie townbox.

First, you haven't seen me crazy hostile. Second, is there are reason you are just bringing this up now, after both Gorf and Asdioh and RF (and probably others) have brought up the same thing? Why is this suddenly so surprising and a reason to call me scum. Now it really does seem like you are just trying to go with the flow while still giving out "information".
As I said, I didn't read over the Sang stuff until prompted to by J bringing it up. I kind of skimmed over that part as there were more pressing things I felt like responding to. When J brought it up, I went back and looked and saw what others saw, evidently. Why are you deflecting onto me now? If others have pointed it out, it's obviously a thing.

I'm sorry, but two plus two is five.
Kay.

It's not scumhunting if the person fails to give any viable reason as to why a person can be scum. Also, could you explain to me where you think RF questions promise to go, because you didn't really answer it. You gave a sort of pseudo answer that I'm not content with. What scum pick is he really pressuring?
You. Have you not noticed there is pressure on you? You're responding to it (in a hostile manner, as some have noticed), and I'm perfectly content to let it run its course.

Do you honestly not find RF's and Gorf's posting styles distracting? They are too wordly and therefore I was wonderring why he selectively chose to call one person out on it.
That's not the point. I'm used to it from Swiss, and sure I may find Gorf's a bit distracting, but the fact is you still deflected to that when Asdioh was calling you out. Whether you are right or not, it's the deflection that's scummy.

Could you explain where you got this from? Yes, I realize that one post, but it doesn't necessarily make sense why I would try to bring them both down with me then and then later say that I was content with both of them leaning town later.
Are you asking me to explain why you would call them town later? I believe this is similar to what J said he wouldn't do when I asked, so I feel like I'll say I won't answer either. You were deflecting to them saying that Asdioh should suspect them too, and then later you called them town leans. Okay.

Sorry, jumped around a lot and didn't intentionally make this focused on Kanty but that seems to be the only valuable thing happening right now.
Yeah. I hope we can get the day in multiple directions because I have trouble getting reads on people when all my actions are scrutinized as scummy before they even play out.

How about this guys: I get it, I look scummy. If this isn't remedied by Day end we can go ahead and lynch me. However, I'd ask the Day be taken a few other places before it's over. Continuing to pressure me when most people agree already is just going to be scummy if I'm not able to do anything as a result.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Or do you mean the one where you said

"You are reaching with surface level stuff and I refuse to read that wall"?

Top Bottom