• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adventure Time Mafia | Game Over: Aren't You Cold...?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
@OS I'd say I'm probz looking into you and maybe Kosha, but I gotta think shiz through a bit later tonight.
Vote: Overswarm

Yep.
Yea, I was catching up in real time, and in the time of the former, I answered OS' whole two scum question... And then a minute later I laid a vote, so unless you can find a way to be totally convinced and sheeped by Lateral Conniption with all the posts in between that question and the wagon in a minute, then k. You're right... Case put to rest.

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
Hello and welcome to the mind of one better than yourself. The more beautiful half of the hydra is here for now.

Nabe, why are you fighting OS' fights for him? o.o

:phone:
Curious indeed.

if you were a good townie, you would go and FIND THOSE PEOPLE WHO ARE SHEEPING THAT HAVE TERRIBAD VOTES and CALL THEM OUT ON IT, FOS THEM, AND BRING THEIR ACTIONS TO LIGHT. you're not even backing up WHY SCUM IS ON THE BW. hell, i don't even think you've said whether or not you think OS is town based on this either. right now it feels like you're just trying to blend in by contributing hollow information that is essentially USELESS TO US so that we don't GET ON YOUR CASE.

Ah, but there we have the crux of the problem. He's not a good townie, so you can't treat him as one. Instead you have to figure out if he's town or scum. Reading dumb or scum is an art form. One this town appears not to have mastered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Asdioh remains scum. Taking into account that OS's named friends are Asdioh and Nabe, this must leave Nabe as town, correct Vlade?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The OS wagon is pretty bad dude, especially given the ludicrous speed at which it was formed. It sucks that some of my strongest townreads are on the wagon, it makes me think they're just lining up for fear of RF's whip.

If we had wagoned Kosha Boy like this, maybe we could have gotten more **** done toDay. Too bad we'd rather just let him scummily slip by, huh?
Hm. Stated facts with no supporting evidence. Redirection away from his scummate to a terrible townie.

I was mainly looking at Radical Fiction, yes, but looking back I see that Kosha Boy voted for Raziek, which lines up with my scumpicks even more. I had already considered RF/KB potential scummates because of RF's refusal to vote or consider him scum, despite his glaring scummy SCUMBALLS.

Bardull, is your vote still on OS? Do you have conviction in that vote?
Why would your hypothetical scum Kosha vote your hypothetical traitor Raz?

Asdioh's mud slinging is irksome. He lacks a case and I shall end him tonight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Bardull is not aligned with Asdioh.

Asdioh's 576 is a terrible reach. This is the man OS would call friend?

RF has some scumminess, but my main gripe with him is that a lot of people have town reads on him, and he wants them to. Something's not right with that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No real comment on drunk posting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I take it back.

Because Vlade is blisteringly town like a mothafunka. There's been absolutely nothing that's not early game that has made me think otherwise and you still didn't answer my question.
This is the truth.

Is this OS lynch actually the play or someyhinf?
It is indeed. Do you have an issue with it?

What happened to the Kosha Boy lynch? No one has answered me on the reasoning for it, but I assume it had something going for it, in which case a movement to OS on Swiss' reasoning is a poor choice. Which he's aware of.
Ahh, the intellectual! How long I've waited to reach you. Bare your mind to me! Release your secrets and become one with my conscious.

Kosha isn't being lynched. Why should he be?

This is what I thought at first, but some of his more recent posts have seemed kind of iffy.
I see he wants to keep his options open.

Whoa thanks for reminding me. No I never got any further with this.

@RF: Would like this before you get my vote on this wagon any longer. Reasoning.

Unvote
*cough* RF did provide reasoning *cough*
Cough

Let me rephrase that.

In regards to the argument Asdioh vs. RF, I'd lynch RF because I have a stronger town-read on Asdioh.
This begs an explanation. An in-depth explanation. You must certainly be mistaken.

This post is getting long. I will post this before continuing.

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
I have a terrible time reading new people because I misread intent and the like. He's becoming difficult for me because I could see scumBardull and townBardull.
This half would agree. The other, more European half, would call him town undeniably.

J, what would it take to reverse your Asdioh and KB reads?

Because like I said, the OS lynch is hardly better than an inactive. The only thing I will do if he flips town is say "why the hell did RF encourage this?"

Regardless of my opinion on connection stuff, it seems like a legitimate question for KB to ask... as if he were a townie that's concerned with mislynching. hmmm
This line of reasoning is useless to us. This is not a game starved for information such as the ones where it may matter. This is a game where the vast majority of players are out in the open and not obstructed the flow of information. By this logic, OS can sit in the background until all the players who could deal with him are dead and gone. He correctly diagnosed the situation when he said that he could make this game turn any way he wanted, but only after I (and possibly J) are gone. You ask only to buy him the time he needs to win. I do not fancy the idea of giving him that.

No, I haven't said this once.

But that's the whole point, J. OS is being offered under the pretense of an inactive-armchair lynch w.r.t. deadline, when apparently there was already a viable scumlynch target in KB. But when I asked for reasoning on KB, I was met with an OS lynch instead, and no one had anything to say about new attitudes on KB or anything of the sort.

Pay attention. I've barely posted this game except for now, post-holiday. And this lynch came up right after; I popped in the same time OS did, Sang claimed, and then this wagon took root. Naturally I'm going to talk about it, since I disagree with it and I'm here. It's not a special case.
Do you want to lynch Kosha?

Would it sway you any way if I told you that I was posting in real time, and that my vote on OS had nothing to do with being convinced by Gonadical Conviction, and that it was totally my own thoughts and ideas? I don't even know why I'm trying to prove the validity of my vote when it's obvious.
I, J, and Bardull all claim the same. Each one of those players (sans possibly Bardull) I hold as town. What does that say, Nabe? Who of those four do you mistrust?

My other half will be here upon the morn. Until I leave, you have the privilege of asking questions that I may or may not answer. OS is the play today. Asdioh is the play tomorrow.

I want Raziek to be town, but I'm afraid I may be wrong.

I want Nabe to be scum, but I'm afraid I may be wrong and my other half disagrees, if I recall correctly.

Bardull is probably town. I like him better after reading the recent exchange.

Kosha Boy is town.

Kantrip is town.

Vlade is town.

Gorf is town.

J is town.

Radical Fiction is an arsonist.

Sang/Sworddancer is town.

Vlade

Social Outcast
What happened to the Kosha Boy lynch? No one has answered me on the reasoning for it, but I assume it had something going for it, in which case a movement to OS on Swiss' reasoning is a poor choice. Which he's aware of.
I would actually be fine with a Kosha Boy lynch, after all he's one of my scumpicks.

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
RF why a town read on Kosha Boy? I have liked his recent posts but his play before was just blatantly scummy.
Because he's bad. However, through the fact that he's bad, he's trying to find scum. He's bad at it and his reads are wrong, but his intentions are correct and that's how you judge a player with his record. Between the two halves of this hydra, we feel we've got a pretty good handle on the two players in that slot. We both agree that he's town. I will govern the **** out of a Kosha Boy lynch.

In other news, that list of town reads was in my personal order save that Rad Fic should have been above Sang.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
RF, reason being I see Asdioh as town over you is I see absolutely no reason to call him scum at the current time....

Well....never mind...

What I need for me to switch that(KB vs. Asdioh reads) is a reason to suspect Asdioh.

I am glad however to see the Nabe dislike stemming from you.

#HBC | Gorf

Yea I'm in the same place as J I need convincing of Asdiohtown and Koshascum cuz honestly I don't see much of anything from Kosha that isn't ESSENTIALLY prod dodging. He's gotten nothing new on the table, hasn't really shown any form of trying to hunt scum, and is just bleck. Of course the question of dumb vs scum comes into play but the exact same thing that Werekill was guilty of in UTrick'd 2 is almost, if not totally, exactly what I see KB guilty of in here... And yea Werekill was scum.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Why would your hypothetical scum Kosha vote your hypothetical traitor Raz?
Asdioh's 576 is a terrible reach. This is the man OS would call friend?
How would he know he were a traitor? hurr
The reach was admitted multiple times. Still, it makes more sense than OS/Asdioh scumteam.

Yea I'm in the same place as J I need convincing of Asdiohtown and Koshascum cuz honestly I don't see much of anything from Kosha that isn't ESSENTIALLY prod dodging. He's gotten nothing new on the table, hasn't really shown any form of trying to hunt scum, and is just bleck. Of course the question of dumb vs scum comes into play but the exact same thing that Werekill was guilty of in UTrick'd 2 is almost, if not totally, exactly what I see KB guilty of in here... And yea Werekill was scum.
Well then.

The lack of input from OS is disheartening.

#HBC | Gorf

Yea I'm in the same place as J I need convincing of Asdiohtownscum and Koshascumtown cuz honestly I don't see much of anything from Kosha that isn't ESSENTIALLY prod dodging. He's gotten nothing new on the table, hasn't really shown any form of trying to hunt scum, and is just bleck. Of course the question of dumb vs scum comes into play but the exact same thing that Werekill was guilty of in UTrick'd 2 is almost, if not totally, exactly what I see KB guilty of in here... And yea Werekill was scum.
There we go.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Asdioh you never answered my question.

What do YOU THINK OS will flip? You implied town. I'll go with that unless you admit to purppsely avoiding the question.

So, where's the ****ing foresight? If you would ask RF what he was doing on a town flip, and you think it's going to be a townflip, why are you sitting on your *** when you could be following through on what you say?

Besides because you are scum.

RF: What say you to switching toDay's and toMorrow's lynches? Asdioh is soooooo scum.

Also reassessing my Gorf read. Our early banter aside he is town

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
What the hell are you talking about? It's blatantly obvious I think OS is town. I reread his posts after my last post and maintain that position.

What do you want from me? I want a KB lynch. I've said this multiple times, for a long time. Most people admitted he's scummy, except for RF who is using the "dumb or scum" take on it. But people aren't willing to wagon him.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Kosha Boy could be town idk. Moving him to null. Nabe also gets nullier by PoE and I dont like his opposing of the OS wagon.
OS still null at worst and don't agree with lynching him. The wagon isn't doing **** and we're not just hammering as a result.

Raz could be scum with Asdioh.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Asdioh with Raz as scum-team? What in the world gives you that? Also I do not like this very rapid and weird shift to Asdioh from you Kanty. It looks ick. =x

Kantrip

Kantplay
Raz is by PoE really and because his lurky pop-in-y play is meh. Indy or scum read for me, and Asdioh keeps looking worse

#HBC | Gorf

Yea but Mafia 101: when you say x can be scum with y, you usually have a connection between the two... Do you HAVE one to back up that statment?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
That's what it means, Gorf. J thinks it's impossible to have a process of elimination on D1. I disagree, and the irrefutable logic of my RF-KB-Raziek scumteam says otherwise.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah I have some stuff.

I regret saying anything until I double checked it, but if memory served I will have something tomorrow.

Nothing wrong with PoE D1. Tell me why there would be.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Process of elim is correct.

No, I don't think it's impossible persay it's just highly unlikely to be that confidant to actually be slotting people for PoE. I don't like the way he is just shrugging his RazScum read off to just a "It's PoE to be left with Asdioh." when the end product of that PoE does not make sense combining Raz+Asdioh in my mind. You need to explain this heavily.

Kanty, explain who are your scum reads now. Raz/Asdioh and Raz only left by PoE? Walk us through your train of thought.

#HBC | Gorf

I mean PoE can lead to town reads but I don't get how it'd lead to scum reads in that case... And how can you NOT have PoE on D1 O.o? Onto important matters, I feel as if Kantrip is kinda just using Tadical Piction's scum reads and just convincing himself that those reads are correct... Kantrip stop yourself from doing that and get your own opinions :glare:

Kantrip

Kantplay
I WILL explain it heavily. I just said so. Much easier to read back and to quote on an actual computer.

Scum reads?

Asdioh scum.
Raziek playing scummy.
Kosha Boy scummy but possibly town.
Overswarm and Nabe null and could easily be scum.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Another question, what changed your Gorf read to town because you have been vehemently saying he was scum this entire game but now he's town?

*QUICK-EDIT*

GORF! I was just just typing that that is what I thought Kanty was doing. He is typically trying to match his reads with RF now and looking at them, now they all match minus the OS one. He just looks like he is recycling RF's reads and it's screaming ew, bad, and just no for me.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I WILL explain it heavily. I just said so. Much easier to read back and to quote on an actual computer.

Scum reads?

Asdioh scum.
Raziek playing scummy.
Yeah, you need to back these up in your own words because right now you are looking like RF's parrot.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I am not recycling RF's reads AT ALL.

I was suspicious of Asdioh a while back, before RF.
I have been looking at Raz.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
brdll said:
@OS - i really don't follow the wolfpack with asdioh/nabe thing :| is it because they aren't voting for you? :p
No. It's because they're the only two in this game I can pick out and say "they aren't visibly directly influenced by another player". Three unique perspectives almost always means a majority of the three are town, if not all three. The entire purpose of having a group of people working together is to have people with varied approaches rather than just a single direction. If you just pick one person to "lead", you're flipping a coin on whether or not they are scum and leading you down a path of mislynches. Or worse, a real lynch followed by a flurry of mislynches and confusing scenarios culminating in them being the 'cleared townie' in endgame despite being scum.

bardull said:
anyway, your post IS FLUFF. you're posting an observation but you lack credibility as a player atm and you have no evidence substantiating your assertion that "scum is on the OS bw." if you were a good townie, you would go and FIND THOSE PEOPLE WHO ARE SHEEPING THAT HAVE TERRIBAD VOTES and CALL THEM OUT ON IT, FOS THEM, AND BRING THEIR ACTIONS TO LIGHT. you're not even backing up WHY SCUM IS ON THE BW. hell, i don't even think you've said whether or not you think OS is town based on this either. right now it feels like you're just trying to blend in by contributing hollow information that is essentially USELESS TO US so that we don't GET ON YOUR CASE.
If I was playing a drinking game called "spot the fallacy" I'd be dead of alcohol poisoning after reading a lot of your posts. The good news is, I can tell you Bardull and Kosha isn't SvS. TvS or TvT. Unless you guys are just being really transparent. I don't know yet. But the exchanges between you two is something of note. If I had to gamble I'd say not SvS for sure, but I'm more of a slowly crossing people off kinda guy.

I'm not really interested in either of you though.

Kantrip said:
OS is not a fallback.

He is THE lynch if he continues his anti-town behaviour
And what, pray tell, is that?

I am ever so curious. I await your response.

kantrip said:
Was told OS would not talk without votes on him.
The amount of votes on me changes absolutely nothing about my play when I'm town. There's no reason for it to do so.

I'm a polarizing force, as always it seems. I don't even have to be here to make an impact, guess I must just be special. I'm back from New Years, but won't be doing much posting until tomorrow; you'll just have to wait until then.

Only an idiot would believe my wagon was full of nothing but town members, so we can assume that at least one, if not more, are scum. I plan on looking back and differentiating between people that are obviously beginning pushers of the lynch, the middle-man sheep, and those that kind of straggle along at the end, and more importantly those that attempt to keep it going at all costs (that weren't at the beginning of the lynch; RF is definitely an obvious candidate at pushing the lynch, but you can't damn him for being at the end since he was at the beginning, na mean?)

This line of reasoning is useless to us. This is not a game starved for information such as the ones where it may matter. This is a game where the vast majority of players are out in the open and not obstructed the flow of information.
That's funny. I'd say the opposite. People are merely playing off others rather than expressing their own opinion. People haven't even really defended themselves; others have done it for them. This is true in every case. How did you miss this? How do you feel this game is not starved for information? We have literally no connections on any player in this game that were not hand fed to us by those players themselves.

By this logic, OS can sit in the background until all the players who could deal with him are dead and gone. He correctly diagnosed the situation when he said that he could make this game turn any way he wanted, but only after I (and possibly J) are gone. You ask only to buy him the time he needs to win. I do not fancy the idea of giving him that.
You're hardly a threat to that; you know as well as I that you would be in more danger of being lynched than me. This is a follower town and there are enough heads split down the middle to make town anxious should a legitimate clash occur. You're a threat in the late game to scum if you are town simply because you're more unpredictable. Early game, not so much.

But I'm flattered you express such worry.

Anyway.

I've found Kantrip's posts incredibly interesting during my brief post-new years celebration reread. He seems to have very... specific reads, and I strongly dislike his oblivious nature combined with a headstrong defiance. When someone votes to put me at L-1 and says "I thought we were supposed to vote to make him talk?", they shouldn't expect to be taken seriously. Kantrip is either scum or nothing more than a proxy vote for a stronger player. I'd like to humbly request he join a game of mine when I'm scum.

Nabe's defense of me is heartwarming. Since I'd flip town and scum would know this, most of you should be aware of the fact that it'd be incredibly easy for scum to defend a townie with a wagon formed of vapor, such as mine. I give town points to Nabe only for his distance from the cluster, not his defense for me.

J.

You agree that if I were lynched today scum would be on my wagon, correct? Where do you think they'd have joined?

More tomorrow.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I am not recycling RF's reads AT ALL.

I was suspicious of Asdioh a while back, before RF.
I have been looking at Raz.
Your reads are exactly the same though and this new read's list was posted just after RF gave one....

#HBC | Gorf

Dude Kantrip the way your attitude changed toward Asdioh, me, and kinda OS is really really noticable to me after Madical Affliction's post.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh

Scum reads?

Asdioh scum.
Raziek playing scummy.
I approve of these reads, actually.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I mean, from Kantrip's PoV. I obviously have slight differences, such as a stronger scumread on KB, and Nabe/OS leaning on the townier side of nulls, but you know what I mean.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Dude Kantrip the way your attitude changed toward Asdioh, me, and kinda OS is really really noticable to me after Madical Affliction's post.
One more before I go to bed:

upon kantrip / gorf's flips, this post is important. Two roads diverging in a yellow wood and all that.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
OS said:
J.

You agree that if I were lynched today scum would be on my wagon, correct? Where do you think they'd have joined?
*nod nod*

Hmm, well normally I'd look at the middle of the wagon for those people who try to squeeze in before the end. This town on the other hand is just people who follow the next biggest fad so I would look at the people trying to justify their votes almost to a weird degree to make sure they look safe with their vote and where it is.

Top Bottom