• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ADAT2 Western Regional Championship 2009! :: July 24-25 :: Edmonton, AB, Canada!

Frio

Smash Champion
Mark shut up, you haven't given a single legit reason why I should even change one single stage. If you want to convince me, then start providing some factual information as to why some of the stages need to be banned in the current conditions and ruleset.
I have a reason. It's the offical List? Doesn't that mater? I mean it's just your opinion VS the offical list. I guess a guys opinion (who doesn't play brawl) is better than the offical list. Cause that makes all the sense in the world.

T-block

B2B TST
If we're banning wall infinites (which I don't agree with, but whatever...this discussion never gets anywhere), I don't see what's wrong with Onett either. Pirate Ship is legit too, though.

I really don't care what you do with PS2... nobody will pick it, but if you eliminate the stage experience factor (which shouldn't be much of a factor in the first place), there's actually less wrong with the stage than there is with PS1 with infinites, but we're banning those, so... >_>

It's GW that I'd be worried about on Green Greens... camps like a mother****er on it.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Jesus Tyler. Just cause you make the thread doesn't mean you should unlimited power over this stage list. I am renting the hall after all, and I got Pam to give me the hall for an extra cheap price. I play brawl competitively and you don't. I say you just hand over your apparent unlimited power over the brawl stage list over to me considering you don't even like the **** game.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
I have a reason. It's the offical List? Doesn't that mater? I mean it's just your opinion VS the offical list. I guess a guys opinion (who doesn't play brawl) is better than the offical list. Cause that makes all the sense in the world.
You're an idiot Mark, this list is based off what we created during ADAT1, so I DID play Brawl back then. The list is different because the RULESET and CONDITIONS of this tournament are DIFFERENT than what is used with the SBR Official List, and changes were made to reflect that. Besides, I already gave reasons back why SBR isn't the almighty god of SSBB rules and how they can be wrong sometimes. Back when the game came out, they thought Skyworld was a good CP. Obviously, their ruleset has gotten better but my point is that this list was created specifically for this tournament and I used logic and proof to create it instead of just blindly following the opinion of a certain collective.

If we're banning wall infinites (which I don't agree with, but whatever...this discussion never gets anywhere), I don't see what's wrong with Onett either. Pirate Ship is legit too, though.

I really don't care what you do with PS2... nobody will pick it, but if you eliminate the stage experience factor (which shouldn't be much of a factor in the first place), there's actually less wrong with the stage than there is with PS1 with infinites, but we're banning those, so... >_>

It's GW that I'd be worried about on Green Greens... camps like a mother****er on it.
Well, stalling is banned, but I think there are other reasons to ban it.

Luke I already said I'm willing to change anything, I just don't want people giving opinions on things because they "think" it's right without any real reasons or because they don't like the stage.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
anyone wanna team for brawl?
I actually still need a partner if you're interested
Things that should change: Corneria banned
Pirate ship legal
Onett banned
PS2 legal (Personally I agree with this being banned)

EDIT: I think green greens is legit, although snake kinda ***** there.
I agree with this 100%
Greens Greens is iffy though. I'd ban that personally, but it's not my decision
And yeah, I prefer Pokemon Stadium 2 banned :)

MurdaMoe

Smash Ace
hmm lugis is legal...

ggs canada, it was fun

lol this whole stagelist is shenanigans, stop basing the rule set/stage list off of your own personal opinion.

Frio

Smash Champion
No one is agreeing with your "logic and proof"

EDIT: no reason to add personal insults

T-block

B2B TST
Hold up man...maybe we should get a definition of stalling. GW spamming Chef on Green Greens isn't stalling, nor is Snake taking over the fin of Corneria with grenades and tilts... it's camping, and it may be homo, but it's legit. What if I take Snake to Brinstar and camp the air until he's forced to come into the air because of the acid?

Green Greens is fine imo... GW camps better on it than Snake does.

EDIT: Luigi's Mansion is fine...just break the house -_-

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Hold up man...maybe we should get a definition of stalling. GW spamming Chef on Green Greens isn't stalling, nor is Snake taking over the fin of Corneria with grenades and tilts... it's camping, and it may be homo, but it's legit. What if I take Snake to Brinstar and camp the air until he's forced to come into the air because of the acid?

Green Greens is fine imo... GW camps better on it than Snake does.

EDIT: Luigi's Mansion is fine...just break the house -_-
Luigi's Mansion is worse of a walltech city than Onett.

Green Greens...I don't know. I know that you can camp on the sides, but you can also stall by running away and planking, and since the stage is so wide, it seems easier to do it. I'm just worried about that stupid bomb glitch Dan showed me, I think there's a way to do it on command (something to do with Ganon I think?).

Snake6523

Smash Ace
Hi guys, now shut up.

I'm not gonna get into this arguement.

Buuuuuut~ Firstly, anyone who isn't Luke or Tyler, cannot argue with them, because Tournament organizers can choos whatever rules they want. Banning wall infinites is how it should be, just TRY to convince me that it's fair. I don't give a **** about stages, I pick whatever I want anyways, and nobody can stop me, I've played Hyrule in melee at CT4, I'll play Luigi's in brawl at ADAT2.

If people are gonna complain and have a **** fit, do it elsewhere. I know this is the tournament thread, but seriously, you're talking about comparing rulesets, and with the SBR no less.

You guys do realize that Joel is in the SBR right?

Frio

Smash Champion
Hi guys, now shut up.

I'm not gonna get into this arguement.

Buuuuuut~ Firstly, anyone who isn't Luke or Tyler, cannot argue with them, because Tournament organizers can choos whatever rules they want. Banning wall infinites is how it should be, just TRY to convince me that it's fair. I don't give a **** about stages, I pick whatever I want anyways, and nobody can stop me, I've played Hyrule in melee at CT4, I'll play Luigi's in brawl at ADAT2.

If people are gonna complain and have a **** fit, do it elsewhere. I know this is the tournament thread, but seriously, you're talking about comparing rulesets, and with the SBR no less.

You guys do realize that Joel is in the SBR right?

Luke isnt agreeing with Tyler first of all >_>

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Decisions, decisions

So wait, ban Corneria...ban Green Greens...ban Onett...ban Luigi's?
Yes =D
There's plenty of variety in the stage list already imo, so we can do without those.

Jack you never replied to my previous post

=/

Snake6523

Smash Ace
Thats THEIR arguement, you can suggest. But you can't argue ****, because it's literally their say. If they say it, you can't do anything.

What are you gonna do? Protest? Create a petition?

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Luke isnt agreeing with Tyler first of all >_>
Yes I am, I'm trying to accommodate his suggestions.

He's saying people like you AREN'T part of the tournament organizers so you should "shut up" because you don't have power in this.

I kind of disagree, I want people to have fun yet I still want the tournament to be competitive, which is why I see what people's reactions are before going ahead with them.

That being said, if you ARE going to try and argue something, give some proof instead of "oh the SBR list doesn't have that on it so you should ban it", Mark.

Snake6523

Smash Ace
HEY SAMUSBRAWLERELEL

YOU HAVE BRAWL IN YOUR NAME.

HahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahAhahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahaha

Snake6523

Smash Ace
Tyler, he said luke doesnt agree with you.

Tyler, I said that they dont have a say, but they can only suggest.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~

Yeah, I've wanted a name change for about a year now honestly. My first account didn't work and so this username was thought of for whatever reason =/

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
Carl, can you let me know about the situation for Thursday night? PM me your address in case of a fail. TY

Snake6523

Smash Ace
HahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahaha

Youko-edit:
Stretching the page with this crap is never appreciated.

edit: whopps

T-block

B2B TST
Luigi's Mansion is worse of a walltech city than Onett.
If wall infinites are banned, I support Onett. It's not hard to break the house on Luigi's, and the stage is actually pretty fun when the battle becomes more focused on destroying/keeping the house. It's not so bad that it kills normal gameplay though. It's more the size of the stage that worries me than the walls/ceilings.

Snake6523

Smash Ace
Your mom's excessive tonight.

brb hero of timeing.

edit: you posted like 4 pages of brawl worthless **** in like an hour.

It's not brawl thats worthless ****, it's the players that are.

I'm not kidding.

Snake6523

Smash Ace
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhh

Snap

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
If wall infinites are banned, I support Onett. It's not hard to break the house on Luigi's, and the stage is actually pretty fun when the battle becomes more focused on destroying/keeping the house. It's not so bad that it kills normal gameplay though. It's more the size of the stage that worries me than the walls/ceilings.
Exactly, I agree with this 100 %. Different stages have different walls / ceilings, but that usually doesn't warrant a ban, it's usually the entire size of a stage that influences its placement on the list (like Bridge of Eldin is way too wide).

I think Green Greens must be banned, the Exploding Field glitch is too much.

Top Bottom