• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ADAT2 Western Regional Championship 2009! :: July 24-25 :: Edmonton, AB, Canada!

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
luke, that was pretty disrespectful. thats basically saying "oh sweet dan got sent to the hospital now i can win money"
Not really, that's not what he said at all

He's just saying that now that Dan isn't in the competition, he has an actual chance of winning it. In fact, he seemed more sad over the issue than happy. Besides, Luke doesn't care about the money as much as you guys think, there's a reason why he goes to Sou Kawaii and stuff and why he plays online Brawl and invites people to his house to play friendlies

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I know Dan as the guy who is good at smash. Nothing more really. I am glad to have a chance at actually winning an event. However Dan at the time being was the biggest competition I had so I am a little disappointed over that, but w.e

Alphicans

Smash Hero
There are a lot of things wrong with the brawl list, but for some reason Tyler refuses to change anything which is mad gay. Just don't pick anything dumb k?

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
There is no reason to ban Corneria at all if wall infinites are banned, and they are. And Pirate Ship being legal = super scrub.

P.S. I'll put up the ADAT3 thread in February / March because people are so ****ing horrible at planning.

zeriph

Smash Journeyman
I didn't want to say anything about the stage list because this isn't my scene or my tournament,so I'll just say expect to hear a lot of stage johns on Saturday.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
No, no, Luke. Let him keep Corneria as a CP. Everyone, go Snake and get a free match off your opponent, unless they go Snake too. And if they go Snake, use D3.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
He didn't read what I said, wall infinites are banned in Brawl at ADAT, but they normally aren't in SBR's ruleset, which is why stages like Onett and Corneria are banned. Mark doesn't read.

Also, SBR has also allowed threads up with complete seriousness considering if stages like Big Blue should be counterpick. I don't think much more needs to be said on that matter. If people want certain stages banned, then just give me a reason to do so and I'll consider it, but don't use the argument "oh it's not on SBR's list" because they have less credibility from me than everybody else here.

P.S. Let's also not forget members in the SBR voting to ban Final Destination, Battlefield, and Smashville, and voting to make Spear Pillar, Flatzone 2, Mario Bros., SMI, New Pork City, and 75m unbanned.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Well how about the ridiculously low ceilings that snake can kill with utilt and I believe GaW can kill with his puffer. And the ships do no knockback so prepare for major damage accumulation.

zeriph

Smash Journeyman
He didn't read what I said, wall infinites are banned in Brawl at ADAT, but they normally aren't in SBR's ruleset, which is why stages like Onett and Corneria are banned. Mark doesn't read.

Also, SBR has also allowed threads up with complete seriousness considering if stages like Big Blue should be counterpick. I don't think much more needs to be said on that matter. If people want certain stages banned, then just give me a reason to do so and I'll consider it, but don't use the argument "oh it's not on SBR's list" because they have less credibility from me than everybody else here.
Don't assume wall infinites are the only reason certain stages get banned. You should take into account the walls/ceiling/floor of the stage, as well as certain characters' moves.
Ex: Corneria has one of the lowest ceilings in the game. Snake's uptilt = a kill at VERY low percents.

Edit: lol too slow

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Well how about the ridiculously high ceilings that snake can kill with utilt and I believe GaW can kill with his puffer. And the ships do no knockback so prepare for major damage accumulation.
...? I don't get it, if there's high ceilings, that makes it harder to do all of that. You mean low ceilings? Either way, it doesn't matter, low / high ceilings aren't reasons to ban a stage, but I suppose ships are.

Frio

Smash Champion
Can you just go with the vast majoirty's opinion besides your own plz. I'm not trying to sound rude but you don't have a lot of knowledge in brawl anyways. There's more than just wall inf. that we're worried about. Like how snake can just **** on corneria.

EDIT: rly too slow rofl

And why is pirate ship banned?

T-block

B2B TST
Corneria let's Snake camp stupidly well on the tail... as far as most characters are concerned, he's untouchable; not to mention u-tilt on the fin will kill at like 10%. Then there's GW bucketing lasers and stuff.

What's wrong with Pokemon Stadium 2 -_-

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Can you just go with the vast majoirty's opinion besides your own plz. I'm not trying to sound rude but you don't have a lot of knowledge in brawl anyways. There's more than just wall inf. that we're worried about. Like how snake can just **** on corneria.
Thank you for providing so much deep, insightful reasons as to why Snake did. Well at least Luke and zeriph did.

If you guys want, I can remove it off counterpick in Singles right now if it's THAT bad but I don't know if it should be removed off doubles?

Also, if you want Onett banned, give me good reasons why. Stalling and wall infinites (as stated previously) are not allowed, and the cars have set knockback and don't deal that much damage, so I don't see why it should be banned besides it being a potential "walltech city."

zeriph

Smash Journeyman
Green Greens is probably the most absurd stage on the list. The blocks/bombs can cause some ******** deaths.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Things that should change: Corneria banned
Pirate ship legal
Onett banned
PS2 legal (Personally I agree with this being banned)

EDIT: I think green greens is legit, although snake kinda ***** there.

Tyler here is a good reason why. People who play the game, and play it well (SBR) say it's illegal and 99% of the people agree that it is. Wall infinites aren't even the problem with this stage considering the cars. It's the walk off blastzones, all the wall teching and the horizontal blastzones are very thin.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Pokemon Stadium 2 is banned because it changes the physics of the game and your character, as well as creating a conflict with the stage during the electrical transformation. People are expected to know exactly how their character works, and that's pretty much void in some of the transformations. Besides, as Luke said before with Corneria, G&W's uair kills ridiculously easily on it (during the flying transformation).

P.S. Yes, it's true that you can know how it works if you play on it, but it's banned at some tournaments (like U3 and ADAT1), so people aren't expected to really know how to play on it here in AB at least.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Mark shut up, you haven't given a single legit reason why I should even change one single stage. If you want to convince me, then start providing some factual information as to why some of the stages need to be banned in the current conditions and ruleset.

Tyler here is a good reason why. People who play the game, and play it well (SBR) say it's illegal and 99% of the people agree that it is. Wall infinites aren't even the problem with this stage considering the cars. It's the walk off blastzones, all the wall teching and the horizontal blastzones are very thin.
Actually, only 4/5 members in the SBR agree that it should be banned, not 99 % (at least not in the SBR). But I suppose I can make the change, considering those are good reasons (see Mark? Learn how to give proof)

Top Bottom