• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ah i see

please dont say you are lazy! datte honto wa crazy

i havent played sheik that much lately honestly

focusing on ic's again

Tristan_win

Not dead.
i don't... if she was top teir everyone would see her coming. Now she is our secret weapon
...True but other then getting use to her crazy dacus and attempting to avoid her ftilt there's really not much to "learn" about sheik other then the normal ranges of her attacks, cool down, weakness in character design and such.

What I'm trying to say is even if she was well known it wouldn't hurt sheik that badly. Unlike most low-mid tiers we don't just have semi combos we got COMBOS and killing ones at that. Although if it wasn't for sheik other attributes as well like her decent range then that wouldn't mean much either but that's what really hold sheik up, easy to set up combos, speed, anti camping range attack, gimp.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If Sheik were actually at top tier level then minor things like people knowing what she can do wouldn't really stop her. I mean, top tier status hasn't exactly killed off Meta Knight, Snake, Melee Fox, Melee Falco, Melee Marth, 64 Kirby, 64 Pikachu, SF4 Sagat, SF4 Ryu, SF3 Yun, SF3 Chun, MvC2 MSP team, etc., because they're so good that they don't care that everyone knows how good they are.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Then he wasn't really high tier to begin with, now was he?

It's a common weakness to only see the good in something you like and ignore all the bad until it's blatantly pointed out to you.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
you have to put it that way.

you can only rely on being unexpected for so long before people will start to look into you. Unless you kill each person who sees you fighting after your victory.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Hey Sheik boards!

So, I've been secondarying Zelda/Sheik since pretty much the beginning of Brawl, but I never really hung out here before, and I know I've still got a lot to learn about actually playing Sheik. Well, starting now, I'll be around.

Time to learn those crazy Sheik combos, THEN put them into practice in games. I play melee so... yea, give me a few weeks.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Hey Sheik boards!

So, I've been secondarying Zelda/Sheik since pretty much the beginning of Brawl, but I never really hung out here before, and I know I've still got a lot to learn about actually playing Sheik. Well, starting now, I'll be around.

Time to learn those crazy Sheik combos, THEN put them into practice in games. I play melee so... yea, give me a few weeks.
Well you might as well start learning about decay now then because it's **** hard to figure out but useful once you do ^_^

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Well you might as well start learning about decay now then because it's **** hard to figure out but useful once you do ^_^
Thanx, been looking into that, I've known how decay works for a while, but using it with Sheik is a little different.

I'll get it down, give me time.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
man, sheik vs marth is such a fun matchup. seirously i consider it even, sheik can do so much to that guy

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha ok ahhh i wanna meet him again

i wnana get vengeance for that melee set he took off me :p

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
with roy too, LOL

meh i got close

for some reason ic's vs roy UGHHHH it just seems like it would be in ic's favor but roy is actually pretty fast and his dtilt ***** sigh

i gotta cp cuz i get annoyed

clowsui

Smash Legend
sheik vs. marth is 55-45 marth imo

you have to abuse the fact that you keep him lower to the ground due to da oos and dash/foxtrot utilt+uair dash shield etc. (fun tip: if your reactions are good enough you can spotdodge the moment you're struck with SB and it won't work...at least i think this works) so he's forced to stay lower. from there it's just working with needles, rolling intelligently and ftilting. the problem with marth matchup is just his juggle and ledge traps which are incredibly dangerous for sheik, as well as his edgeguarding strength. on the flipside you have a ton of edge trixies on him and you can easily bait a lot of stuff because bair beats airdodge + fair at the right range iirc

iLight

Smash Lord
i play my brawl sheik very similar to melee sheik as far as the aerial game goes, ground game is very different though.

As far as fighting roy, i just use samus, sethlon doesn't like that very much, so he just switches to falco and wrecks me.

Also in the brawl sheik vs marth matchup i know how to play the matchup, its just that if you really make any mistakes at all you just get ***** pretty much to the death because you'll get knocked off stage. And any marth that is good enough to make me make a mistake is probably going to wreck me once he gets me off stage

kingcobra9

Smash Ace
i'm horrible in melee, i played for like a week but then i tried it again a couple weeks ago and it's lots of fun, i used sheik. then when i played brawl again i decided to try out sheik....the rest is history

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
dash attack really forces marth to play his spacing game differently. you can punish pretty much every whiffed aerial with dash attack. The big one being fair. actually you can punish a shielded fair with a dash attack.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol yeah dash attack is soooooo fast

i wanna see the frame data for it so i can know and be specific haha

edit: lmao :( east doesnt have dash attack on his frame data

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Dash attack hits on frame 7 (1 frame slower than a grab) but gives a slight speed/distance boost on startup.

Top Bottom