• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I focus on sheik almost entirely. I'm still trying to pick a sub in either wolf, or jiggs. wolf does well for me in the pit match up... I should try him against rob...

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
jiggs is a beast. kills way lower than shiek and zelda, can rack damage suprizingly well. /shrug... can handle a few matchs that can be difficult for shiek, like ICs and other sheiks... peach

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I use Sheik 90% of the time with the other 10% being Zelda. Oh and I try to play Link and Ganon as well but i'm really bad with them.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
i don't switch to zelda for kills. :/
probably not a good decision but whatever.
i'd rather figure out better ways to kill people with sheik than switch to zelda to do it.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
i don't switch to zelda for kills. :/
probably not a good decision but whatever.
i'd rather figure out better ways to kill people with sheik than switch to zelda to do it.
agreed, a lot of the time you won't find room to switch or zelda just isn't a good option. killing with sheik is becoming less and less of a problem for me. it's all about knowing your moveset. sweet sweet bair, fair and uair are all viable kill options, and some of the better ones are unsweet usmash something; I completely over looked because of it's slower speed, fresh downsmash; don't use it as your panic button, thats what jab is for, and Nair; espeacially out of sheild, and as a mix up option out of your run animation (most people go for a grab or shield out of dash)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yea ppl tend to forget a character's strengths if they are placed in low tier. jiggs is really underrated, as are lucas and sonic.

Charoo

Smash Champion
Best way to fight jiggs is be patient. Since u gotta space correctly or u get combo. I don't think I ever beat jiggs is friendlies haha since I'm to careless to space anything and just keep running it.

I go 40% Sheik 40% Fox 20% Falcon in tourney

I go 80% Ike 10% Pit 5% Link 5% Sheik/Fox/Falcon in friendlies

I gotta fight for my friends

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
agreed, a lot of the time you won't find room to switch or zelda just isn't a good option. killing with sheik is becoming less and less of a problem for me. it's all about knowing your moveset. sweet sweet bair, fair and uair are all viable kill options, and some of the better ones are unsweet usmash something; I completely over looked because of it's slower speed, fresh downsmash; don't use it as your panic button, thats what jab is for, and Nair; espeacially out of sheild, and as a mix up option out of your run animation (most people go for a grab or shield out of dash)
yeah, i think sheik has a lot of untapped potential in the kill area.
she has plenty of good kill options, nair has good knockback if it's fresh. so does bair. and sheik's ledgeguarding is definitely above average.
I like how the peach boards are coming up with a bunch of new ways to land the usmash for the kill.

yea ppl tend to forget a character's strengths if they are placed in low tier. jiggs is really underrated, as are lucas and sonic.

I agree with lucas. i think he should be mid tier at least.
sonic though, i think is overrated as well atm.
i think him raising 8 spots was a little much.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha you guys sure are dedicated

but IMO you get a better feel for adaptation and the metagame if you use other characters :D

it also helps u not develop bad habits

Icyo

Smash Ace
Wouldn't feel for adaptation and the metagame be better if you were practiced in the ways of your character? Then again it's all a matter of how it's best for getting our feet wet.

kingcobra9

Smash Ace
haha you guys sure are dedicated

but IMO you get a better feel for adaptation and the metagame if you use other characters :D

it also helps u not develop bad habits
so are you saying that playing as a character will help you understand it's weaknesses like using diddy kong so you can learn to manipulate bananas better and apply that to your own character's strategy

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
i think playing most characters like i do is good because it shows you how to play against the characters, so you already have matchup experience, kind of.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
the more knowledge you have about characters, the better you perform in any matchup and the more game knowledge you have in general. the only reason i can beat diddy kongs with sheik is because i use diddy kong pretty well myself.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Sheik 47%, Marth 42%, Zero Suit Samus 5%, Falco 4%, Peach 2%.

In tourney,
Sheik 49%, Marth 48%, everyone else 3%

I'm rather bad at only using one character.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
lol, right?

Um... what was I going to say. If you play with a lot of good people using your one or two you'll learn a lot more than you will jumping around from character to character. You can't just pick up a character and understand them. That why I eat those counter pick meta's alive.
But its the experince i get against the good meta's that are really what lets me do what I can, I can't play meta to save my life but through playing him I'm learning his limits and when the openings are there.

Jiggs isn't fourth worst

iLight

Smash Lord
i love jumping around from character to character though, it makes me feel like i'm pro when i beat someone with nearly every character in the game =]

but yeah, the way i learn characters is i mostly focus on like 1 character till i get bored of it, then start working on another, and it usually takes me like a week or 2 straight of playing 1 character to even come close to getting bored with it. I just imagine what ****** someone will be like with that character, then i make it happen

oh yeah, did i tell you guys. I'm going to be playing mostly sheik now in tournaments, i'm dropping metaknight except for the ditto and doubles. and i will only play rob against certain characters, but essentially vs everyone else including the top tier i will be playing sheik. Also i'm finally starting to work on my combo video, so be excited, it will be very flashy lol

Top Bottom