• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If you're actively trying to use ftilt rather than making situations where ftilt is good to use happen, you're taking the same incorrect approach to it that I did in the past. The trick is, instead of trying to force ftilt to work at any time, subtly push your opponent into getting into positions where ftilt will definitely work.

I mean, if all an Ice Climbers player did was try to land grabs without using any other moves, they'd have similar issues in getting the reward out of their infinite-combo capabilities.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Yeah, you can't continuously go for ftilts or else you'll just get punished. Just find an opening where you can punish with ftilt, and.... punish with ftilt xD

Sup Sheiks, I'm lurking daily again.

Tech school rocks btw.
Is..... Is that a ghost I'm seeing?? TRISTAN!! It's been a while. You should go to apex and get in on the Sheik only tv and the Sheik vs Ike crew battle >:D

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Yeah, you can't continuously go for ftilts or else you'll just get punished. Just find an opening where you can punish with ftilt, and.... punish with ftilt xD

Is..... Is that a ghost I'm seeing?? TRISTAN!! It's been a while. You should go to apex and get in on the Sheik only tv and the Sheik vs Ike crew battle >:D
Heh, I could say the same to you stealth, you've disappeared more times then I can count. How you been?

..Sheik vs ike crew battle ohhh man I would love nothing more then crush those cocky Ike mains and put them in their place(below sheik) like the good old days but I really can't right now. Once I get to my 2nd tech school I might be able to pick up smash again semi seriously if I really want to but as of right now my car, TV and Wii are more then 900 miles away.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Non-character-specific, but I'm finding that attempting to perfect shield everything is incredibly fun.

This is easier and more versatile with Sheik than it is with many other characters, though, since her initial dash animation is so short (you can't interrupt the initial dash with a shield, making dash-shielding particularly weak for characters like Marth and Meta Knight).

I don't know if it's giving me more opportunities to do anything or not, though, lol.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Fairly good, although with my new found free time I'm surfing the net again >_<

How about yourself? Are you still ****** with sheik? Do you plan to take over the scene in a ninjatastic flash once meta knight is banned?
I wish it was MK that slowed me down. I'm still at it when I have the chance and with any luck I avoid all those evil ice climbers. Either that or I finally learn that MU lol. How's tech school been man?

:phone:

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Heh, I could say the same to you stealth, you've disappeared more times then I can count. How you been?

..Sheik vs ike crew battle ohhh man I would love nothing more then crush those cocky Ike mains and put them in their place(below sheik) like the good old days but I really can't right now. Once I get to my 2nd tech school I might be able to pick up smash again semi seriously if I really want to but as of right now my car, TV and Wii are more then 900 miles away.
What can I say? Sheiks tend to disappear a lot :cool:

It'll be awesome if you can get back into the smash. Then we'll have more Sheik mains to show everyone why Sheik is S tier! Muahahahaha!

Browny

Smash Hater
I have a newfound appreciation for the forward tilt and how abusable it is if I stop hopping around trying to rack up damage with aerials alone.
The metagame advancing so fast, it reached the other side of the universe and re-appeared where it started.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'd feel bad if I were the one defining Sheik's metagame.

That said, I have a hard time really getting my head around different perspectives of basics.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Spacing and baiting are definitely big, but those are two that I've been pretty much running on since forever. Good understanding of the character for proper assessment of risk/reward on options is something I skimped on. Using said understanding to aim for specific situations/positions is, by extension, also something I neglected.

In short, being able to respond to whatever's happening at the moment is good, but it's also important to have a solid plan on how to make the other guy lose and cry.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So in other words you're talking about pressuring, ankoku? Since that's just trying to force specific positions.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Pressuring is an application of spacing, baiting, and situational awareness.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Alright, I'm finished with my pool. With a little help from Zelda, moving on to Round 2 (2nd Seed). Awaiting other Zelda pools.

2-0 gambit
2-0 JaZz
2-1 Keitaro (THANK YOU ZELDA!!!)
0-2 Gnes (Great matches)

:phone:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Scary is the best player I've ever seen at performing the "I immediately regret this decision" technique.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
No. No Sheik for me Ed! If anything I might at some point pick up another character for brawl singles, a not-Zelda-higher-tiered-character for that matter. But for now it's all Zelda all the time.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm done entering tournaments until I discover the secret of trying hard.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Hey guys, I kinda came to the realization that this is going to be a very big semester for me. Because of this, I won't be able to be to active at least for the next coming months at least as far as posting. I'll continue to try and do tourneys on the side if I can but looking to pick up a full-time job along with full-time student will be tricky. I understand people do this all the time but it's gonna be brand new and likely difficult for me so I have to put all my time into this at least until I get comfortable. It's kinda lame, but I have to surrender the time I spend here for other things that'll keep me going. If anything, I'll be lurking from time to time and I think my profile sends me emails when people PM me....so PM me if you wanna chat or get a hold of me. I check my email all too much lol. Some regret I have was not being too helpful to the Sheiks at all. We really can make this character special, I know it but I really haven't been too helpful (I think). It irks me so deeply. Keep on pushing Sheik, you guys that rep. I'll try and do the same if I have the time.

@Ankoku/aisight: Think you can do me an enormous favor? Since I'm in the BBR, do you think that either you or Judo or anyone in there (most likely ask C.J.) for that matter email me if anything goes down in there that I need to be a part of. I'm not quitting/retiring but I need to focus on school along with finding and hopefully working a job full-time. I want to remain in the BBR because I want to continue to try to be helpful any way I can.....plus, I kinda like it back there :awesome:. If you can help me out with this, I would certainly be grateful.

tl;dr.........going on a temporary SWF hiatus for school and hopefully work should I find some. Will try to do tourneys on the side should there be time but really won't be here too much since this easily sidetracks me from school stuffs. PM me if you wanna chat or something. I'll be lurking from time to time but that's it. STAY GOLD FRIENDS!

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Dang Ed, sucks you won't be as active. Hopefully things will work out for you and you'll be able to go to tourneys. Good luck :)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I've been doing some experimentation with ftilt-centric play, will upload some videos later.

Top Bottom