• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
the things that you say assume that you first already have the percentage lead, which is not very easy to get, and secondly to everyone else. Just because we have some moves that can trade or even beat out his aerials in the air or even from the ground does not mean we have the advantage. I believe that his advantage in horizontal space coverage and our options do not make for a very good matchup for us especially if wario just bans something as linear as FD where in a perfect world you could potentially zone him in a way that he might care about.
I never said we have the advantage though. I may have unintentionally implied it, but I think Wario has a bit more going for him. I'm just saying it's not as bad as some people are making it out to be. Wario slightly wins essentially because he outtanks sheik and our kill power is somewhat more situational than his, and his edgeguard game is pretty nice (and he respectively still does as much damage as us). I'm just saying it's possible to zone Wario to make it more evenish and not let him have his way all the time in the air.

It's obviously not a great matchup for Sheik, she can't ftilt lock him for 40+ damage.
'dat bike. Warios that know the MU know that sideB can get him out and we have to sorta stop, or we pick up the bike by accident via input :p

btw, needles are awesome against his bike jump offstage if you can hit him. They knock him out of his bike if you can hit him before he jumps or just after he does it, and it totally kills his momentum.

It only gets bad offstage. Offstage is so bad.

It's pretty even on stage.
This, although I think Wario can still abuse stage better than we can, but only by a smidgeon.

Dcold

Smash Lord
Smurf who placed pretty High and Penta, now the best gnw in ny since Vinny dropped him. I have the replays of game 1 in each set, both were close. I also have some friendlies. Tbh I think I could have.won game 1 vs Penta but was my first tourny and nerves got to me. Also add me to active Sheik roster? Got 4 tournies coming up in march too.

:phone:

Dcold

Smash Lord
Got some decent wins in friendlies too that werent recorded, vs Chibo and Southpaw, still at the tourny now so gonna try and get more replays. Soz for dp lolol

:phone:
Edit, dont have matches vs smurf, didnt save to my sd, did to someone elses. Just left the tourny, got a match against Allied (wario main, fits discussion lol) gonna upload these replays when I get home, used a little Zelda in some matches

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Oh nice, those are certainly two tough losses. Was it MK banned because I assume that's who Smurf used. Penta is also rough. Definitely try and get these up if you can.

Dcold

Smash Lord
Smurf used Diddy, he was pretty solid with it. Penta was rough, hard read finish, but in the 2nd game got him in the chain lock put him up to 300% lol. Both first games were close, and I could have won them, but I wasn't very clutch. I'm home now so recording videos as we speak.

Only saved some of the losses I had in the few friendlies I saved, better for critiquing imo, but I did play a little reckless in these friendlies, had a serious set of friendlies with Dark Peach after these, and didn't do stupid things like useless chaining and had better execution. Vids will be in critique thread.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Got 7/25 with mostly sheik. I have to relearn the Snake MU again, I was actually doing better with Lucario than sheik rofl. I did okay considering I've had a significant hiatus after going on a League of Legends spree lol.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Im uploading vids. I am doing with me and mikekirby, then gonna record me and sage, followed by you and me.

Dcold

Smash Lord
Alright sounds good, although I did some stupid things in those friendlies lol, I was using chain at the edge for lulz to try and get a hero gimp, wish we would have saved like every friendly we did, we had like over 40 lmao. But thanks for the uploads, see ya at the next Tourny we're both at lol

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Totally gonna try and steal that chain lock from ya man. That was nice, and a very well played match. I feel like you needed to play a little more safely because there were times where you just took hits you didn't need to.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
:D ^^^

And Phil, who did you play? And are there any vids? :O
Most of the people I went through weren't too hard, I played Spicy or Tasty and some others. I lost to t0mmy and Jonix lol, Which was sad because I really thought I'd be prepared against Jonix's snake this time around, because I know how he plays, it's just that I got stressed and didn't punish as well as I could have.

Not yet there aren't. I think the only ones I had saved was my Lucario against a Marth, I did a pretty awesome footstool gimp on that match haha.

Dcold

Smash Lord
I read over the Pikachu boards and they said that both Sheik and Captain Falcon can DI into Pikachu and footstool him during the DThrow CG to escape. I've not tested this, but I'd imagine that they're right, unless you've tried and it hasn't work. Dunno, as I've said I haven't tried it.

*Note: Sheik and Captain Falcon can DI towards you and footstool out of the unbuffered CG on the first throw, so this is not a true chaingrab on them. However, many opponents don't know this, so it's worth trying if you can get the grab. Otherwise, use the fthrow or buffered dthrow CG.
Edit: Guess I read it wrong, they can still buffer it, and the Fthrow one is still there. My bad

Dcold

Smash Lord
Yeah lol false hope, good thing there aren't any Pikachus anywhere near me. But still nice to know that I have some sort of hope to get out of the first one if they're not perfect.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I entered a tournament to keep pools numbers equal throughout, but there's only one match from me worth watching, I think. I got 3-stocked trying Sheik vs Pikachu against Z, unfortunately, and there's not much to learn from it except that getting grabbed sucks, but I think I found some neat stuff against MK. See here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcCApF_j6aA#t=2m49s

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Among other things, that it's not that difficult to maintain proper decay for ftilt usmash KO on Meta Knight, and that OOS ftilt after shielding a dsmash is legitimate. Also that a fresh dsmash will definitely KO at ~140%, even from the wrong side of the stage.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I entered a tournament to keep pools numbers equal throughout, but there's only one match from me worth watching, I think. I got 3-stocked trying Sheik vs Pikachu against Z, unfortunately, and there's not much to learn from it except that getting grabbed sucks, but I think I found some neat stuff against MK. See here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcCApF_j6aA#t=2m49s
I see you also love autocancel nair, esp. the weak hit. If they get hit, it autocombos into everything pretty much lol.

Good improvement, no overly bad habits, just risky decisions and incorrect guesses. btw, something I've been experimenting with more often is ducking tornado, it doesn't come to mind often, but it can be incredibly useful if you get it down, they have to really lower the tornado to start getting you. I noticed Z started to read your aerials on his shield, the simplest way to counter that is SH grab variations (pivot, crossup, dash, etc.), sheik's quick SH has a lot of good mixup potential that isn't limited to just air dodge and aerials. I also noticed he was really favoring shieldgrabs near the end, incorporating dtilt into your mixups makes it harder to shieldgrab, and isn't as reliant on tight spacing like ftilt is. If he starts using tilts oos, just return back to SH aerials/grabs for punish, or jab/ftilt/dash attack depending on the moves he uses.

Among other things, that it's not that difficult to maintain proper decay for ftilt usmash KO on Meta Knight, and that OOS ftilt after shielding a dsmash is legitimate. Also that a fresh dsmash will definitely KO at ~140%, even from the wrong side of the stage.
This, so much

Dcold

Smash Lord
17th of 24 @ Uprise of LI 7.

1: Vinnie ($132.00)
2: ANTi ($60.00)
3: Dabuz ($36.00)
4: Will ($12.00)
5: Pelca
5: Mew2king
7: JPisCrazy
7: Joe ST
9: Cheese
9: Bloodcross
9: Chibosempai
9: Smurf
13: Jrugs
13: Raptor
13: Gee
13: Nuke
17: Ghost
17: Dcold
17: Mr. Eric
17: Dul0r
17: Sisqo
17: CoonTail
17: Thunderstorm
17: Luigi-sama

I could have done much better, back to practicing.

Judo777

Smash Master
Question? does a footstool out of hitstun over the stage force an auto stand up? Like for Saviors Saltus combo, at the end he basically said, "it doesn't work on ivy for dumb reasons, instead wait for him to standup and repeat." Was the autostand guaranteed?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
No, it's not. You can't tech from a footstool, but you can definitely roll or attack on getup.

Top Bottom