• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

Judo777

Smash Master
No, it's not. You can't tech from a footstool, but you can definitely roll or attack on getup.
That's what I thought too, but in his video he said no one was at the controller when he did it to ivy, but Ivy was standing up every time. I have also seen stuff like that in combo videos and it looked like it might be guaranteed (either that or the other player was just dumb).

Like could it maybe be height dependent?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Pretty sure characters automatically get up (or do whatever action was inputted for them) when they get hit while on the ground. There are only very specific attacks that force a standing wakeup - for example, a full needle storm doesn't, but a single needle does. You can verify this in Training Mode.

Judo777

Smash Master
Pretty sure characters automatically get up (or do whatever action was inputted for them) when they get hit while on the ground. There are only very specific attacks that force a standing wakeup - for example, a full needle storm doesn't, but a single needle does. You can verify this in Training Mode.
Full needle storm forces an autostand actually (I'm like 90% sure). But I see your point. I was just curious if there might be some special exception.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
I entered a tournament to keep pools numbers equal throughout, but there's only one match from me worth watching, I think. I got 3-stocked trying Sheik vs Pikachu against Z, unfortunately, and there's not much to learn from it except that getting grabbed sucks, but I think I found some neat stuff against MK. See here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcCApF_j6aA#t=2m49s
You're reaction time as far as people crossing you up, and oos is slow. You pick solid options most of the time in said situations, but your reactions just arent that great.

Your ledge game in terms of getting off of it was fine. But overall in terms of moving around/into it was mediocre at best, but I think most of the problem came from your poor choice in offstage decisions. Many times you just chose things with bad risk reward.

Your spacing overall was good, although you failed to adapt once he caught onto the fairs as phiny said iirc. for those sort of situations you have to learn when it's best to go for mixups and when its best to get out if your opponent is adapting. Sheiks fast enough that your opponent will have to start guess what your going to do, so with Safe/Smart conditioning you could improve there.

You also dont have to many obvious habits, however i felt that every time you spot dodged it was just in a really bad or reactable situation. I don't really think you did the spotdodges mindlessly, but moreso that you made incorrect decisions. I only watched the video through once but i think you spot dodged like 3 times in total that match and every time you got hit. After 1-2 times you need to realize maybe that its not the best thing to do, especially considering (at least imo) her spot dodge animation is super obvious.

/watching the 3rd game

still made some bad reactions regarding crossups
bad airdodging i honestly think if you played a better mk you would have got gimped for that more. still awkward risk reward choices seemed like overall you where just flustered

Dcold

Smash Lord
Got some replays today, did better than before, and came really close to going further.

13th out of 25 @ Impact! 3/10/12

First Round: Brackets were messed up, gave everyone byes besides my set, and 2 others. I had to play John Numbers. I did some stupid things at times, but went to last game last hit, and he came out with the win.

Losers 1: Beat someone named BigDM, was pretty chill, DK/Peach, wasn't particularly hard since I have Dark Pch and Will practice.

Losers 2: Got revenge against Raptor who I lost to the tournament before, went to last game. No replay though sadly :[

Losers 3: Fought my friend Luigi-Sama, really good Luigi, I play him often, and lost to him last tournament in the Mid Tiers bracket. We play eachother semi-often so he knows my style. Went to last game last hit, was pretty intense.

"Seriouslies" against MintyFlesh, good friend of mine, haven't played him in a while, first time playing him since coming back, and Marth is my worst MU by far lol (maybe besides ICs).

So yeah, gonna upload these and dumb them in Video/Critique thread, I'd love a thorough critique of the games. Would really appreciate it.

Dcold

Smash Lord
I'd rather fight an MK/Snake/Wario than a Marth/Falco/Diddy any day. Falco camps the hell out of me, I have no Diddy MU xp, and Marth is just a **** lol. Probably because I play wifi, and don't get much MU xp in Falcos and Diddy's.

Dcold

Smash Lord
Eh I've not played any good Falcos offline so I can't comment on how difficult it is to get a lead. But Wario, yes I can agree, but a couple good reads and it can be a stock or some good % on you. Maybe it's because of my nerves that make me think unclear, or I'm approaching the MU incorrectly if it's really that easy.

Dcold

Smash Lord
Eh, maybe not as far as mid tier, but I do believe he is over-rated, especially when he was sitting at 3rd best on the tier list 1 or 2 ago. Not like tiers matter in any way, but definitely over rated.

Dcold

Smash Lord
Though I don't think Wario is particularly BAD, just not as good as he's made out to be, losing to A bad character is different than losing to multiple bad characters. Especially with his handicap of grab release that many characters can exploit. Better than a mid tier, but not as good as the high tiers imho.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I honestly think Wario is amid tier, and that Wario's wouldn't even win mid tier tournaments. besides Malcolm.
What are you talking about?

Wario loses to a lot of bad characters.
List them.

He's no better than a mid tier. He IS a mid tier. Being a mid tier doesn't make you bad, I think Sheik is a good character btw.

I don't think that wario is any better than Fox.
Well you are wrong.

Your character can't even stop Wario's Doppelganger. I can't take you seriously til that happens.

"what are you talking about" I'm assuming this was rhetorical, but i'm saying that Wario is no better than a mid Tier character.

Idk who Wario's doppelganger is, but Sheik only loses 4 MUs.

MK, IC's, Pikachu, and Lucario.

I could list the characters that I think Wario loses to, but seeing as I don't particularly care to theory craft, or actively use most of them it would be a pointless waste of time that involves neither of us changing our opinion on the matter. At the very least i can say my opinion of him won't change and your opinion on the matter doesn't really matter to me.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Wario's hardest mid-tier MU is Yoshi, then Sheik. Those are the only 50-50 MU's. The rest are in Wario's favor.

Malcolm doesn't play anymore.

Reflex is better than Malcolm.

You are biased, because you have one of two easier times with Wario in mid-tier.

Put Wario in mid-tier, prepare to get bodied.

I don't think the Kirby Sheik MU is bad, I like the MU.

Also I just really dislike playing against Lucario so i could accept it not being a bad MU, i may just not really know what I'm doing in it.

Sheik beats wario

Dcold

Smash Lord
@Laber
Unless he quit within the last month, he was at Collision on the 28th of January.

@Tutu
Lucario MU is not that bad at all, I don't really know what Lucarios you have to actually deal with in your area though, atleast those on your level. I don't know the Midwest too well, especially an obscure character like Lucario.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Lucario is terrible for Sheik.

Marth is a disadvantage
Kirby is a disadvantage
Icies are terrible

Diddy, Falco, and Wario are even.

Also I dunno why you guys have Tree and Billy on the top 5 Sheik list. Billy isn't really all that good imo and Tree plays Falco in big matches for the most part from what I can tell and he isn't all that good either.

-Mars

Dcold

Smash Lord
Haven't heard from you since....well, I haven't been around so I can't even think of something lol. Lucario isn't particularly terrible, but in all basics, he is the perfect counter to Sheik, being that he gets stronger by chip damage and kills earlier than us, but it is in no means terrible. Getting the kill is the only thing that makes this MU bad, it's only a -1 in my eyes. Tree being on that list surprised me, as I've not seen much from him (or can't find any, better put), but I do think Billy deserves his spot on that list.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Lucario also destroys Sheik in the air, can't be ftilted, kills hella early, and has a massive range/disjoint advantage.

That Tree guy seems to be a Falco main to me. He's one of those typical people who plays an average character against average people, but as soon as he's playing an above average player he switches to a "good" character.

So Sheik has a Falco main as her 5th best player......that's kinda sad:(

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Lucario is terrible for Sheik.

Marth is a disadvantage
Kirby is a disadvantage
Icies are terrible

Diddy, Falco, and Wario are even.

Also I dunno why you guys have Tree and Billy on the top 5 Sheik list. Billy isn't really all that good imo and Tree plays Falco in big matches for the most part from what I can tell and he isn't all that good either.

-Mars
Prob because you quit for a while, and while you did, these other guys placed at some tourneys? idk, sheik is kinda scarce unless you count pocket ones lol. Billy seems to get stumped on a couple of MUs haha, but does pretty well in others.

Havok said his sheik was pretty good when he went down there, and he has a couple of decent videos with his sheik. That being said, I do think both could do with some consistency.

I think Lucario is very dependent on Lucario's playstyle, I personally love choking up lucarios in sheik's strong zones and scaring them (I sometimes use Sheik on lucarios in our area, but depends on which ones), but I haaaaate it when they play really smart with spacing and feints, and it's really scary to throw needles at a certain percent because of high aura AS (not to mention it's a nasty landing trap if the Lucario's good at using it). Oh yeah, and his uair is just nasty against us if he starts a juggle (kills pretty early even with moderate aura, and if you dodge it he can dair you out of your air dodge or even ff -> AS like I've seen Trela do). His aerials in general are really good if you try to fight them, although the dair is fun to bait at times (I've did a gimp once by sweetspotting a double jump fair once when the lucario daired right above me then edgehogged)

I actually haven't seen Tree's Falco in any videos lol, then again I didn't search falco up much haha

Dcold

Smash Lord
On the ground Lucario can't compete with us really, in the air, you're gonna get juggled probably. It's not terrible like I said really...especially since we move much faster than he does, Aura Sphere is relatively slow and avoidable from a decent range (as you shouldn't be that close to him if his aura is high enough to kill you easily). Just have a problem killing. His landings aren't particularly great unless I'm missing something. But he can combo and kill, and gets stronger since we can't kill easily. On paper it's terrible if you look at it in black and white, but in reality it's still not great, but not terrible. A -1.

I think Sheik vs Marth is even, same with Kirby.

F ICs tho.

The last time I played a Lucario it was against D Disciple in a bunch of friendlies. He won most ofthem... at first he won all of them, but as I started to get used to the MU it seemed like it was bad, but winnable. It's not nearly the same feeling as fighting against ICs, or MK, at least for me. Also phil I read your message, I'm gonna try and put those things into practice at the upcoming tournament on the 24th, thx for the advice.

Also I don't really agree with -1, cause even if we do body him on the ground, where does it get us? We cant kill him on the ground, hes way to fat, even a fresh d-smash I wouldn't expect to kill until roughly 160.

Top Bottom