• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Sheik didn't stick. She feels like the nerfed mid tier version of Fox...which I found intolerable. Bad recovery, lacking landing options, smaller personal space, KOing difficulty...though she can do more than I've seen anyone do with her, I won't be the one to do it.
Shame she didn't stick man. If you have any vids left, mind uploading them? You're style was really efficient and I may snag a thing or two from ya.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
what the heck is that....?
DJMAX Technika 2. You can look it up on Google or Youtube if you're actually interested

here's something interesting and new... at least to me.. lol

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=242786

apparently... zelda comes pretty close when fighting icy's... what are you guys opinion on this? i think it's something worth paying attention to in our endeavors against icy foes :D
It's been that way for a while. You better actually know how to play Zelda if you want to attempt that route, though.

sheikamaru

jive
i'm thinking about.... starting out as zelda in the beginning at least until i get nana out of the picture then back to sheik? i dunno... i haven't had to chance to fight a good icy yet so i'm going to be experimenting a lot with this mu ^^

Judo777

Smash Master
well TKD I'm gonna thank you anyway. It was funny watching her be played through a fox main. I learned a thing or two also so thank you.

Also nice work marz. And no sweat sheik is tough man.

Moonshine

Smash Cadet
I don't think most everyone will understand when I say this, but I see Sheik as a sponge character. This would most likely be observed by those of you who secondary her. I realized this when I was playing my Yoshi in friendlies the other day. I did about 5 matches so my brain was on Yoshi mode. Then I picked Sheik and I realized that all the moves I did with her were based on my Yoshi's gameplay. It's more something that can't be observed from an outer perspective, but you kinda feel it. What I mean by a sponge character is that she absorbs the style of the character you were previously playing, but I think if it was the other way around, the character you play after sheik wouldn't absorb Sheik's style. Anybody get what I'm talking about?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Fow played Falco game 1 which I won, then he went Ness game 2 and beat me pretty soundly, then game 3 he went MK which was last stock but he was in control throughout the match. His Ness is really impressive not gonna lie I was pretty overwhelmed.

O and Killix nah I didn't record any unfortunately......think i'll be going back to Vegas in a month or so so i'll try to remember next time.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
I don't think most everyone will understand when I say this, but I see Sheik as a sponge character. This would most likely be observed by those of you who secondary her. I realized this when I was playing my Yoshi in friendlies the other day. I did about 5 matches so my brain was on Yoshi mode. Then I picked Sheik and I realized that all the moves I did with her were based on my Yoshi's gameplay. It's more something that can't be observed from an outer perspective, but you kinda feel it. What I mean by a sponge character is that she absorbs the style of the character you were previously playing, but I think if it was the other way around, the character you play after sheik wouldn't absorb Sheik's style. Anybody get what I'm talking about?

Dude I totally know what you're talking about! I've seen that kind of behavior from many people with tons of different characters. Ever notice how MK mains almost never airdodge, but people who secondary MK often do? I main Wario, so my Sheik is more comfortable in the air, making aerial reads and gimping on the ledge. Sheik has great tools that can be used in many different ways, no wonder you see your Yoshi style shining through! :p

If you don't mind me asking though, how in the world can Sheik play like Yoshi? :O

sheikamaru

jive
... well what about the people who start off w/ sheik from the get go?? what are we sponging off of and how differently do you think we areeeeeee?

and i thought phil nye was a sheik main :C

sheikamaru

jive
lol that's the thing... i didn't play melee competitively lol.. but... honestly i did use to main ness/falco before going to sheik... so i guess you could say i sponged off of them?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I love wolf... he is SO~ safe. his air game is so atractive too. I always thought of him as the aerial sheik because he is so quick and maneuverable in the air. but really slow on the ground.

I've played every mid/low teir character pretty seriously spare... sonic? none of them really influenced my sheik IMO because all of the charatcers in the game are So~ different.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
ive secondaried everyone at one point... including sonic x_x

edit: my sheik is original but my wolf copies kain not gonna lie lol

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
my MK is so~ bad... I think it takes a lot of work to be a good MK... I love playing people who use MK as their secondary.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I just wait for people to go first with my MK. It's really bad though.

My Sheik is originalish I guess. I think I might grab the most out of all of us. I need to use ftilt and utilt more effectively though. And use ledgedrop/run off-> jumpnair more effectively.

I always feel like it's close but I **** up. My Melee sheik plays much the same as my brawl one. Except dthrow actually works and I also can techchase.

Moonshine

Smash Cadet
Dude I totally know what you're talking about! I've seen that kind of behavior from many people with tons of different characters. Ever notice how MK mains almost never airdodge, but people who secondary MK often do? I main Wario, so my Sheik is more comfortable in the air, making aerial reads and gimping on the ledge. Sheik has great tools that can be used in many different ways, no wonder you see your Yoshi style shining through! :p

If you don't mind me asking though, how in the world can Sheik play like Yoshi? :O
I'm glad we're on the same page. With a Yoshi style based sheik pretty much its like a faster taller skinnier version of Yoshi. I usually notice this when it comes to dash attack, nair, and uair. I find myself doing the same short hop-nair patterns with both. Other than that they're pretty different characters so it's only those 3 moves pretty much. I would often find myself trying to throw an egg from the Yoshi mindset and vanish instead (obviously because I'm playing Sheik), but somehow it always works to my advantage, especially in platform stages. As for the metaknight main vs. metaknight secondaries I really don't pay attention to how people use him, it bores me to death...most likely because more than half the brawl community uses him XD

Moonshine

Smash Cadet
Yeah, and with Yoshi I do retreating forward smashes. No one sees it coming haha. I think every sheik main should pick up yoshi, he's perfect against ICs. Its no coincidence that Poltergust owns Lain every time.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Lain is also just really bad vs Yoshi. Literally anyone who has played a decent Yoshi in the MW (Hades and MX) was mystified that Lain lost.

Poltergust is an amazing Yoshi, but not many of us think Lain should be losing to him.

Moonshine

Smash Cadet
yoshi does? how so? i just thought just use zelda for the match up.
I tried Zelda, she's alright against ICs but when I go Yoshi I OD on short hop bairs and eggs so I get the best chance to **** up popo and nana's synchronization. I've been playing Yoshi since 08 so everything I got everything tight with him.

Top Bottom