• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

RESET Vao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RESET_Imp
Hey guys, I need a secondary. Particularly to deal with the nasty IC.

Considering; Yoshi, Zelda, Fox, Falcon, Luigi.

Falcon's more because he's a manly *******, Luigi because he's my favourite character. The rest are serious gameplay decisions, but Zelda because she goes with Sheik, for the most part.

Judo777

Smash Master

Falcon's more because he's a manly *******, Luigi because he's my favourite character. The rest are serious gameplay decisions, but Zelda because she goes with Sheik, for the most part.
Well sheik wont help u with ICs. Zelda does pretty well tho and so does luigi if u want to deal with them.

Tewx2

Smash Ace

Your best bet out of that list of secondaries is Zelda, she covers pretty much every bad MU that Sheik has, and is accessible whenever u need her. If you use Zelda for getting kills, using her as a secondary will only make it easier

I have a tournament this weekend, going solo Sheik so look forward to top 5 results. <3

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I would certainly recommend Zelda but then at the same time, it isn't an auto-win. It's a very patients necessary MU. I always heard Luigi was solid against ICs.

Tutu, Do Work!

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I see some Sheiks putting in work! Good job. I stll say that Earth is the best Sheik...we'll see @ Apex. I heard that he doesn't use her in tournament though >_<

Who did you team w/ Scary? How did you get 2nd w/ Sheik? I thought she was bad in dubs...

Tewx2

Smash Ace
There are 3 Pikachus going tho this tourny, guess I might have to bust out Zelda for a few matches instead of going solo Sheik =[ Sorry guys

Judo777

Smash Master
My Zelda is so bad like only vs Pikachu will I use her :<

Even vs ICs my Sheik stands a better shot xD

I mentioned before man use the chain vs pika and camp until u take 50% if u dont want to use Zelda. Its manageable i do it quite often. Without the cg pika aint that bad. You are just forced to lose the first 50% which essentially every character forfeits on grab vs pika anyway.

Tewx2

Smash Ace
I mentioned before man use the chain vs pika and camp until u take 50% if u dont want to use Zelda. Its manageable i do it quite often. Without the cg pika aint that bad. You are just forced to lose the first 50% which essentially every character forfeits on grab vs pika anyway.
I'm not a master of the chain though, the only Pikachu I would use this on would be Anther, since I'm positive he can 3 stock my Zelda. Another flaw I found with this, is that if they hit me with a t-jolt and I pull chain back out, they can get right outside of chain's reach and wait for me to retract it. Since I'll be losing % wise, eventually I would have to do something else like needles. I'd have to get him up to 50 before pulling the chain out, which isn't much, but it's fairly risky

Btw, how is Castle Siege vs pika, like in terms of using the chain tactic. the only place where I cant utilize chain is the second transition and it's really easy to run away from pikachu there.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
You don't really need to use the chain vs. Pika imo. Just play extremely safe and stay on platforms as much as possible.

Judo777

Smash Master
I'm not a master of the chain though, the only Pikachu I would use this on would be Anther, since I'm positive he can 3 stock my Zelda. Another flaw I found with this, is that if they hit me with a t-jolt and I pull chain back out, they can get right outside of chain's reach and wait for me to retract it. Since I'll be losing % wise, eventually I would have to do something else like needles. I'd have to get him up to 50 before pulling the chain out, which isn't much, but it's fairly risky

Btw, how is Castle Siege vs pika, like in terms of using the chain tactic. the only place where I cant utilize chain is the second transition and it's really easy to run away from pikachu there.
I actually already thought of that flaw a long time ago. Yea in theory that would work however u sit there an wait a minute or so and u might catch him off guard. I tired that aginst another pika who did the same thing u wait a good while and its more practical to retract it. Its kinda like trying to chain camp snake for the pika it can be done but u are gonna mess up. So yea i mean i guess if the pika is smart enough to do that then dont chain but u can combine that stuff with platforms and what not.

The main mentality is its really hard for anyone to fight where they are worried about damaging u if that makes sense. IF he refuses to attack u before 50 then u got nothing to worry about.

Also yea like Mars said u dont have to chain just use platforms. I seriously doubt a pika will try to time u out of chain before 50% lol. But if ur seriously having trouble with it that much turn into zelda til 50. like seriously just think of it as a chain thats more effective. The second ur at 50 switch back and take 1 hit and ur fine.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Kinda been wondering how the Sheik v. ZSS matchup pans out, it must be nice to have a lot of camping control for most of the match anyways.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
I enjoy the match up a lot partly because of how slow and deliberate ZSS is compared to Sheik. Once she gets rid of her pieces you can force her to approach and control the rhythm of the game pretty well with needles.

If you get caught in one of ZSS's strings (d-smash, uair or chaingrab wise) you're going to take a ****load of damage, but Sheik can stay out of those pretty effectively due to how limited ZSS's approaching/killing options are against us. I haven't played a top ZSS but I probably have played about 300 matches with an average/above average one and I just think killing Sheik with ZSS is a *****.

Judo777

Smash Master
I played Nick Riddle and YBM, and I got lol'ed with no MU exp. If I learn this MU, I will ****!!!!
YBM is at alot of tourneys sense hes from my region and i beat his zss pretty soundly. It's a MU that u have to know or else ur gonna get *****. Look at Ally he didnt know the MU and got torn to shreds first set. You just gotta take time to learn the timing for her moves. Zss has a rytheme if u can set urself to that rytheme she cant do alot.

Lol how do freaking spell rytheme?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I always thought it looked good for Sheik.

Then again, both of these characters are a bit rare lol, so I was actually surprised people have some exp. in the MU.

Oh yeah, so for full hop needles, is it possible to do the no-lag fullhop needles without it being fully charged?

Judo777

Smash Master
i like how idk any of this tech stuff and im still better than almost all of you lol
Oh yea where are ur results man? lol jp

Btw guys idk if this counts but i just won a small round robin tourney with about 8 people. I know it's not many people but we had the top 4 players from our state there and also 2 people who will be ranked on the next PR (which comes out soon) so like a total of 6 ranked players at this tourney.

Judo777

Smash Master
Nice!!!!!! That is some good ****!!
Yea i went sheik for 7 of my 8 games.

One of the players is a kirby so i had to go snake against him. Other than that i went half zelda for a pika player switching after 50%. And i used zelda for kills on a rob other than that tho all sheik.

Tewx2

Smash Ace
Back from my tourny, I got 7th. =[ Sorry for failing you all.

I had a really hard bracket tho Lain second round, a Pika my second round in loser's, Coco(roughly 5th ranked in my state . Oli main probably my hardest win) the next round, then lost to Boxxy who used ICs on me as well.

Took Lain to last stock on FD though, and Boxxy to game 3. 2-8 MU? I'm heavily doubting this atm.

Judo777

Smash Master
Back from my tourny, I got 7th. =[ Sorry for failing you all.

I had a really hard bracket tho Lain second round, a Pika my second round in loser's, Coco(roughly 5th ranked in my state . Oli main probably my hardest win) the next round, then lost to Boxxy who used ICs on me as well.

Took Lain to last stock on FD though, and Boxxy to game 3. 2-8 MU? I'm heavily doubting this atm.
Gj man. Btw dude sry but IC's dont know how to play sheik. They dont have to.

Top Bottom