• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
The reason why this place is dead is because there isn't anyone trying to advance her game. There is no one causing a recus and making others think. There is no one asking questions to make the pros think. No one is doin ****.

Anyways, here is something for you guys to think about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRHiz1c326s

That has happened to me a few times, but I haven't thought about recording it before.
Try and set Sheik so that you can do a little of that and then lock them over and out to the ledge. Fox can't do anything after you get him over the ledge.

*Things you guys should do*
Look more into how to gimp people and how to protect the ledge. I made a thread about this before I left. I will gladly give it to someone if they so choose.

You guys need to space more with Nair and perform more cross ups by taking advantage of her lightning fast jump. Perform u-tilt when behind someone.

She has a lot of grab set ups. Use her tall *** to make people air release over the pit. From there start working on gimping.

ps Does the yellow dude still frequent here?

Judo777

Smash Master
The reason why this place is dead is because there isn't anyone trying to advance her game. There is no one causing a recus and making others think. There is no one asking questions to make the pros think. No one is doin ****.

Anyways, here is something for you guys to think about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRHiz1c326s

That has happened to me a few times, but I haven't thought about recording it before.
Try and set Sheik so that you can do a little of that and then lock them over and out to the ledge. Fox can't do anything after you get him over the ledge.

*Things you guys should do*
Look more into how to gimp people and how to protect the ledge. I made a thread about this before I left. I will gladly give it to someone if they so choose.

You guys need to space more with Nair and perform more cross ups by taking advantage of her lightning fast jump. Perform u-tilt when behind someone.

She has a lot of grab set ups. Use her tall *** to make people air release over the pit. From there start working on gimping.

ps Does the yellow dude still frequent here?
I already do all of that stuff lol except the reverse lock thing. I have developed a pretty good edge guard game.

Also why are u being ******** and deliberately insulting ankoku every shot u get cause hes the one that is still active on these boards. Sry man but u are kind of a **** when it comes to that.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Don't worry one of these days I'll get insomnia, run out of shows to watch online, get bored of role playing, don't feel like playing halo 3, and do some testing. I already have some pretty neat findings on jabjab frame data but I wouldn't dare post something like that without at least double checking my work since it's so easy to **** it up...

Although it really does look like with no DI (DI down and Up does effect it) when meta knight lands after a jabjab as low as 10% we get a +3 frame advantage.

With that said, I've cut my checking out of the sheik board from 10+ a day to like nothing.

edit: Oh and savior, please don't say stupid **** like that. You might get banned.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Uh.... huh.
Not entirely sure what you guys are getting on his case about.

saviorslegacy

I already do all of that stuff lol except the reverse lock thing. I have developed a pretty good edge guard game.

Also why are u being ******** and deliberately insulting ankoku every shot u get cause hes the one that is still active on these boards. Sry man but u are kind of a **** when it comes to that.
Because I don't like em. He is one of those people that try's to get respect by being a hard *** to others. Thus earning some respect because he is "cool". Same thing has been happen for many years. I don't like anyone that acts this way.

Hitler frequented visiting Berlin a lot so he was a respected and prized citizen..... correct?
if by 'yellow' you mean asian then yes, i do. i just don't post very frequently
I wasn't referring to you.
Don't worry one of these days I'll get insomnia, run out of shows to watch online, get bored of role playing, don't feel like playing halo 3, and do some testing. I already have some pretty neat findings on jabjab frame data but I wouldn't dare post something like that without at least double checking my work since it's so easy to **** it up...

Although it really does look like with no DI (DI down and Up does effect it) when meta knight lands after a jabjab as low as 10% we get a +3 frame advantage.

With that said, I've cut my checking out of the sheik board from 10+ a day to like nothing.

edit: Oh and savior, please don't say stupid **** like that. You might get banned.
IDC, this is a month old replay, so that shows my devotion to Sheik. The only reason why I have come to Smashboards was to see the new tier list. I remembered this replay and thought I would share.
"yellow dude"??????????

You just lost all my respect.
Why? If I was reffered to as a white dude would you lose respect in the guy who done it?
If I called you a black dude would you get mad? We are what we are, but some people are just *****.
ledge attack to DACUS works better than i thought, could use testing
I found this last summer.
It can set up for a kill, but I do not think it is legit. It is little known so it is worth using.
ledge attack to dair has been giving me solid results lately.
Does this even work?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Hey now, I'm not hard on people because I want "respect" or anything, I just wish things would get done right. Just so happened that when I told you to do it right you saw it as me explicitly hating on you or something :S

It's not like I'm not contributing, either; I try to provide what I can through practical evidence (match videos) and analysis. But if you won't accept me for my general attitude then I guess my life is over. :(

Judo777

Smash Master
Because I don't like em. He is one of those people that try's to get respect by being a hard *** to others. Thus earning some respect because he is "cool". Same thing has been happen for many years. I don't like anyone that acts this way.

Hitler frequented visiting Berlin a lot so he was a respected and prized citizen..... correct?

I wasn't referring to you.

IDC, this is a month old replay, so that shows my devotion to Sheik. The only reason why I have come to Smashboards was to see the new tier list. I remembered this replay and thought I would share.

Why? If I was reffered to as a white dude would you lose respect in the guy who done it?
If I called you a black dude would you get mad? We are what we are, but some people are just *****.

I found this last summer.
It can set up for a kill, but I do not think it is legit. It is little known so it is worth using.

Does this even work?
wow man i mean i dislike some people but to just post an insult unprovoked out of the blue? I dont get it do u like hate him with the depths of ur soul? Btw as a fellow believer that kind of attitude really doesn't reflect well for us Christians.

saviorslegacy

wow man i mean i dislike some people but to just post an insult unprovoked out of the blue? I dont get it do u like hate him with the depths of ur soul? Btw as a fellow believer that kind of attitude really doesn't reflect well for us Christians.
I hold grudges.

I get enough "be a good boy" lectures from multiple people. It's no wonder there are so many males in their twenties who are athiest.

All I want to do right now is work up to enlisting in the United States Marine Corps. I am ready to perish if I have too. If I live through those 4 years I will come back and finish my degree on the GI bill.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
You can hold a jerk and still behave like an adult SL... I actually just read that stuff and I'm pissed.

Its fine to not like some one, whatever, but you don't have to go out of your way to provoke that person. Just ignore him... it's the internet.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Honestly, as long as he keeps it (relatively) in line, I'm fine with whatever he says to me. It doesn't matter that much to me anyway.

Let's talk about something less doom and gloom.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
....Sheik for high tier? :3

No but being more serious what do you guys think would be a good project for the Sheik boards? As everyone has pointed out recently we been dead. We are all smart guys, there's has to be something we can debate over and better upon as a community. Research is useful but the problem with it is that it doesn't spawn debate if done well just thank yous and questions which is why we need something argumentative

So far I think the best idea was <3 to make a punishment thread listing Sheik option to punish attacks and which are the best. Something like that for each move could be broken down in such things like

Low percents
Mid percents
High percents
Most damaging
Best set up
Best knock back
We could also have a "close but no cigar" section meaning technically you can't punish with said move but it sometimes work anyways.

If we took up such a project I highly suggest doing a bunch of character that have moves that are very punishable over someone like meta knight because it will keep things more interesting, at least for the first two or so then we can look into the demon and sigh.

saviorslegacy

You can hold a jerk and still behave like an adult SL... I actually just read that stuff and I'm pissed.

Its fine to not like some one, whatever, but you don't have to go out of your way to provoke that person. Just ignore him... it's the internet.
Why, because I called him yellow?
People need to stop being so quick to jump at such things. I get called a white boy and I'm not ready to beat someone up for it. Are Orientals and Blacks special or something? Because it seems so easy to get called a racist ***** for barely saying anything (and I am speaking outside of this board).

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Black and White are acceptable terms to classify those two races under.

"Yellow" is in no such way acceptable and is a borderline hate word.

Besides that fact peple don't refer to other people as "that black dude" on here......that is why we have usernames. Bringing up someone's race is childish and completely unnecessary.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
Feelin the love.

Tristan, that could be a decent idea. Would anyone be interested in a side project of more thorough testing of chain jacket hitboxes with images showing them? That could be kinda? useful. Just throwin ideas.

saviorslegacy

Black and White are acceptable terms to classify those two races under.

"Yellow" is in no such way acceptable and is a borderline hate word.

Besides that fact peple don't refer to other people as "that black dude" on here......that is why we have usernames. Bringing up someone's race is childish and completely unnecessary.
I call yellow people... yellow people, and I am not racist towards them. I almost dated a Korean girl.

If I really wanted to be racist towards Ankoku than I would call him an Anime lovin son of a ***** or something like that. I probably wouldn't say that unless I had been drinking and I was pissed off.

I kinda find it funny that everyone is getting mad about this. Right now Arabs are selling the daughters for a car, a new camel or something along those lines.
Feelin the love.

Tristan, that could be a decent idea. Would anyone be interested in a side project of more thorough testing of chain jacket hitboxes with images showing them? That could be kinda? useful. Just throwin ideas.
It is literally IMPOSSIBLE to make the chain jackets hit boxed glow. Unless you learn exactly how it works and figure out the bridge between everything.
I talked to Innocentroads about this. He said that it will probably never happen.

If you want to learn how big the hit boxes are and how to contol them then you better be pretty good at Geometry and Statistics.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Statistics? What?

I'm not entirely certain about the need for geometry, either. If anything, the math involved with the hitboxes would probably be a combination of trigonometry and matrix math (if you've ever worked with 3D graphics, you'll know how much matrix math you have to look at D: ). However, probably the hard part would be finding the exact address in the code for making the hitboxes actually happen. Besides which, I'm still not convinced jacketing is a practical part of a match, since, even ignoring the frame-perfect timing, you need a good second or so to set it up in the first place, it can be clashed (unlike chain) to cancel, and you're still stuck in place with it.

saviorslegacy

Statistics? What?

I'm not entirely certain about the need for geometry, either. If anything, the math involved with the hitboxes would probably be a combination of trigonometry and matrix math (if you've ever worked with 3D graphics, you'll know how much matrix math you have to look at D: ). However, probably the hard part would be finding the exact address in the code for making the hitboxes actually happen. Besides which, I'm still not convinced jacketing is a practical part of a match, since, even ignoring the frame-perfect timing, you need a good second or so to set it up in the first place, it can be clashed (unlike chain) to cancel, and you're still stuck in place with it.
Statistics would be used for seeing how often you can get the bubble to appear. Then experimenting to see which analog movement gave you the most bubble appearances. Then look at the percentages and slowly learn how to make the bubbles appear where you want them too.

Do you know about this kind of stuff/taken classes on it?

The Chain Jacket ****in sucks right now.
Now what you need to do is learn how to drop hit boxes. I believe I done it once.
Once people learn how to do that then we might get some stuff that Ness got in Melee. Imagine hitting with tipper USmash but having range like Samus's Charge Beam.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You seem to be approaching the workings of a game wrong. If hitboxes appear based on the movement of the chain, you would want to write logical statements that support that until proven false, until you're left with a set of logic that is always true. Statistics are good for determining things like the likelihood of actually getting a jacket in practice, or the chances of getting a 9 Judgement hammer, but for something like this it's treating something that isn't (or shouldn't be) random as random.

Ness's jacket stuff was mostly a big gimmick and rarely took major part in a full tournament set. It's pretty fancy for combo videos, but other than that...

saviorslegacy

You seem to be approaching the workings of a game wrong. If hitboxes appear based on the movement of the chain, you would want to write logical statements that support that until proven false, until you're left with a set of logic that is always true. Statistics are good for determining things like the likelihood of actually getting a jacket in practice, or the chances of getting a 9 Judgement hammer, but for something like this it's treating something that isn't (or shouldn't be) random as random.

Ness's jacket stuff was mostly a big gimmick and rarely took major part in a full tournament set. It's pretty fancy for combo videos, but other than that...
Well, does it attack when idle?

But Ness didn't have an uber kill move that was hard to hit with... except for PK Flash which is way laggier that Sheiks USmash.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
No, it doesn't attack when idle.

I'm pretty sure PKT2 killed pretty hard. Deathlines and Thunder Jackets were potentially dangerous. I don't think anyone who knows you're trying to jacket a tipper usmash is gonna run straight in, lol. Except maybe the really bad characters that don't have a choice, but it's not like we need even more stuff against Ganondorf.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
No, it doesn't attack when idle.

I'm pretty sure PKT2 killed pretty hard. Deathlines and Thunder Jackets were potentially dangerous. I don't think anyone who knows you're trying to jacket a tipper usmash is gonna run straight in, lol. Except maybe the really bad characters that don't have a choice, but it's not like we need even more stuff against Ganondorf.
Lol idk, we ARE moving ever closer to his position on the tier list XD

H tier ftw.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
About discussions:

<3's idea sounds good.
We could do what other boards are doing and discuss annoying moves and how to get around it.
We could discuss whether a defensive Sheik is better than an offensive Sheik for certain characters.

Just throwing out ideas.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
well they could be even. cause a defensive sheik just shows the match will last a bit longer. and offensive sheik will end the match in like 3 minutes or less

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
do us all a favor, and go get some ****ing friends SL

what a ******** way to think

you need these in the following order:
1. supportive friends so you can be more social
2. get laid
3. possible g/f.. but if no commitment...? then...
4. get laid again

don't go enlisting in **** just so you can die

saviorslegacy

#1 What makes you think I have no friends?
#2 Why would I randomly throw myself around? When I will have sex I want it to be meaningful.

I am not enlisting to die. My father, grandfather, great grandfather and all of the way back to the Revolutionary War were soldiers. There has been a Baker in every American war. Joining is beyond the money and ****, it is about joining a legacy. The Marine Corps also gives valuable oppertunities. I to get take classes while in the military. I can also ride the GI bill when I get out.
On top of that you get to travel. You get to see what the world is really like and you also get to see some beautiful places. My father was in Hawaii, Japan, Phillipines and Kwait (j\k). I know a lot of people who have been in and a few that are in. I know exactly what I am getting myself into. The horrors are haunting, but I hope I can over come. My uncle was a sniper in Vietnam. He can't even talk about. The man will shut up into a shell and seal solitude. That war done terrible things to him.

lol, at least the rifle range will be easy in boot camp.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
=/

Kinda hate to say this guys but I think I'm retiring, it's been fun. I'll upload my excel document and unorganized frame adv notepads later on today which is more or less all of my written down findings I have left after I had to reinstall the OS on my computer.

This isn't going to be the last time I'll post but it's going to be one of the last. I plan to get a Sheik tattoo to mark this part of my life. I'll show you guys when I get it done, although I currently have no set date of when I plan to do it.

See you guys around, Sheik for B tier, peace.

edit:All data should be there, please leave a comment if I'm missing any, some of the notepads fail to load for some reason and I might of missed one when I reloaded them.

http://www.mediafire.com/myfiles.php

edit: Oh and <3 of course, B tier+.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
B or higher right? Ed and I will get it T-win if no one else does.

really sad to see you go but there are more important things than smash. We're still cool too so hit me up if you are ever bored.

Top Bottom