• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [ACT] Thread: Dancing Blade Aug 18th, Ultimate Wednesday Nights!

Nanda

Smash Ace
Hey kids, Rose has SKYPE. YEeeey. But she has no computer. NUUUUuuu
I think if we are gonna have some crew battles, the players at the lower end of the crew should train up more (i.e. Me) we dont want another demolishing by an out of stater.

So it seems that this weekend meet is going to be good.

Your place is so close to mine Isaac

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol we'd get destroted in crews by the other states if they put out a proper team... but we'll get there...

also leish, cait sith (or cait $hit as I like to refer to him) is pretty much the worse character ever conceived and is not deserving of a avatar or anything else that doesnt involve eliminating him from our minds forever.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
wakirimasen, he's not cute at all, the cat gets completely outbalaced by the hidieos... whatever the hell that giant mog thing is...

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Pretty sure we all know who I'd like:

What's up with the thread title? "ted and luke, united through hate sine '08. also home to THE link. "

"sine" should be "since" and "to" should be "of"

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
you can hear canberra calling to you...
oi we gotta get some hardcore training in before thriller

Stray_

Smash Apprentice
I don't like Barret. Barret's annoying. I hate him. He's so useless.
I agree with this, although i think Aeris is even worse/more useless cause she can't even stay alive for the whole game.

holy **** why am i awake
That's what she said

Duuude, we should do something tomorrow.
I'd be up for something, but since there is a meet on sunday anyway i dont know who else would be. Also i should probs do some work

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
oh and in terms of who's most useful in ff7, the worst chars in the game are red xiii and yuffie, vincent is also pretty bad, barrett is one of the best in the game.
tifa is also pretty ****, barrett and tifa is my team. cids good too.

Sieg

Smash Champion
oh and in terms of who's most useful in ff7, the worst chars in the game are red xiii and yuffie, vincent is also pretty bad, barrett is one of the best in the game.
tifa is also pretty ****, barrett and tifa is my team. cids good too.
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG SON.

Now who's calling characters **** in FF7? The only **** one is Cait Sith because her Limit Break is randomized.

Son has never has Vincent when he got up to Demon Wall with 2nd level Limit break. **** was so cash.

On the note of Barrett, I didn't like him that much. His ultimate weapon only did more damage with less materia equipped, so he didn't really seem THAT useful to me, although I did have him in my team when I did one of my first runthroughs. Haven't really used him since.

Yuffie is also a pretty good chara man, come on. Her limits are pretty BS in terms of damage, I mean, sure they don't get to Cloud's level, but she has auto back line long range on every one of her weapons, just like Vincent.

FF7 POSTS MAKE ME SERIOUS.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Lawl I know cait sith has got the limit break game over, which can one kill anything in the game. But since you need to match the 3 face pieces in the slots though, you mostly miss it and get your party killed XD. Last slot is purely luck too :< I only pulled it off once lawl

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
barrett long range backrow bs which is so good for him because he also has **** defense and hp making him mad tough, vincents allright but being a beserker really hurts him, berserkers are ****.
barretts also got a **** lv 4 limit, which is more important the other **** imo.

yuffies only saving grace is that she can morph for 9999, other then that shes gay

I beat teh emerald weapon (the harder of the two) with cloud tifa barrett without using knights of the round, they are a great team.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I hated Yuffie.
Stealing all your Materia.
THEN JUST SCRAMBLING it when she gives it back.

I aslo found Ruby Weapon harder than Emerald just because I was unaware that you could paralyse/stop him with Hades/Dazers. Emerald cheated against me once. I got rid of those stupid eyes he summons and he just did Aire Tam storm anyway. Bosses cheat against me. I've also killed most FF super bosses without cheap methods. Ruby was a total pain for me though (lack of stunning knowledge).

Ultimecia once killed me even AFTER I used The End (for people that haven't played 8 it's like the Game Over/Zanmato of that game) on her final form once. Was really early into the battle with her final form and this is basically what happened:

Me: The End on 2nd spin
Me: lol
Me: *Uses*
Her: "Reflect on your childhood"
Me: What? Shut up and die. -_-
Her: Draw Apocalypse
Me: ! *Numerous attacks*
Her: *Numerous dribble*
Her: *Enters cheat mode* - Hell's Judgment then Apocalypse like a second after it (she may have done Hell's Judgment, then Drawn Apocalypse, then casted it, can't remember, either way she had like 3 shots in a row).
Her: lol
Me: *Dies & becomes an Ultimecia fanboy*

It was one of my first playthroughs of 8 where I didn't understand how to break the game properly. Nor did I know that her HP may be capped in the final form, but she simply MUST get the last word, no matter how much damage you do per turn.

Omega/Shinryu - Meh, both were easy for me.
Atma - Not hard.
Omega Weapon (8) - Terra Break = urgh. But his (somewhat) set turns are workable. Invincibility = lol. But I beat him without that eventually.
Ozma, lol. "Oh, here, have a Meteor; it'll do like 9999 on 3 people and 5 on the other". Random *******.
Penance, I didn't find that hard. And I hate 12. I like killing super bosses cheaply the first time then what I consider normal the second. 8 had the best mini game (the card game, god I hated 9's card game). But 9 had Chocobo Hot & Cold. That owned.

Also since I'm ranting: Abyssion on Tales of Symphonia - Mania is pretty easy on the GC version but is totally infuriating on the PS2 version. Stupid Mystic Artes/Hi-Ougi's he pulls out.
And Nebilim on Tales of the Abyss.... UGH TAKES SO LONG ON UNKNOWN (her dumb defense + 1,000,000+ HP). Fragmented End ***** though. And so does Abyss' Cameo battle, best in the series easily and super fun in 2 players on Unknown.

Ok I'm done.
I think.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
sigh....I really wish I'd played some FF. I only played XI for about half an hour, and even tho that is supposed to be crap I really liked it.
dont worry dude, atm I'm currently re-playing through 7 and 10, I'll lend you 7 and my ps1 when I'm done so you can play one of the greatest games ever made.

also hypobolic time chamber meet, in terms of training was total ****, it was more like an awesome chill out holiday where we had heaps of fun and lols and we learnt that playing new super mario brothers with ted is a really bad idea.

and we also learnt that me and ea kick *** in lightning doubles "I thought the whole point was to stop spamming whaaa!"

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Well Luke, to be fair we did play way more smash than we would have at any normal meet. And because the average skill level was high the majority of those games were really good and there were a few fairly in-depth conversations. I learnt quite a bit. :)

And lol lightning doubles, get @ us dumb ****s.

Edit: Just going through ICs PSA, I'm sure Luke can appreciate this: one of the animation names is "CapturePulledBigSnake". :D

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I made you a good jump deck silfa, and I deiscovered a lol's combo that is really easy and does ****loads of damage.

Top Bottom