• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [ACT] Thread: Dancing Blade Aug 18th, Ultimate Wednesday Nights!

zApollo

Smash Ace
I'm at my friends house in Calwell, he should be able to drive me over to Jerra (used to live there myself). I might turn up a little late.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
wtf is a lady boy?

anyways I literally was so tired that if I tried to drive there I would have died, I almost did just coming home from work which is like 1/5 of the drive, cut me some slack.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
So the meet was really good as usual.

Attendees were (these guys who left a bit early):
Isaac, Apollo, Cameron, Caleb

and (those who stayed longer):

Me, Kev (my brother), Jon, Dave, Nanda, Julian, Felix, Rose.

With the crew who stayed a bit longer we held a doubles tourney and had a crew match.

Doubles results:

1. Hyrule Kings Of Swing = Jon + Satra
2. Stale Moves = David + Nanda
3. Uber Noobs = Kev + Felix
4. Team Wolf x2 = Rose + VK

Crews was like:
Jon, David, Felix, Jason

vs.

Satra, Nanda, Kevin, Rose

Kevin managed to take 8 stocks! You should have seen it, it was so epic.

The highlights for me were playing doubles against David and Nanda. They made a really good team and they put up quite a fight against Jon and I.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah I heard dave and nanda make a beast team, cant wait to show dave a few crazy doubles tricks, also I always knew kevin was a **** player, you better bring him to the tourney scabe so he can pwn everyone.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I taught him everything he knows. :cool:

8 stocks!!!

Jason was on one life. - Kev wins with 3 stocks remaining.
Kev then three stocks Felix.
Against Jon DK he wins with 1 life left.
And then he manages to take one stock of Dave.

8 stocks!!!!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
its true I've seen it with my own eyes, and besides scabe, shouldnt you be hailing me who turned you into a monster?

what about apollo? he ***** all of you didnt he?
and next weekend after my tourney, scabe and silfa, you guys coming down to sydney with me?

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Apollo didn't stay long. We went pretty even, and they were really good matches, when someone died, moments later the other person would die. I'll have to see if I'm working next week/get my shift covered for next week. But yeah I'll come down with you.

Nanda

Smash Ace
whoah, crazy mancha. I replied to an old post without realising. Nevermind.
And yes, Hail KEVLAR!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
all the interstaters are staying at my place during the tourney, so if you want to meet them, get some last minute practice etc etc, drop by saturday night like 7 till 12 or something like that

Tiger Shark

Smash Journeyman
Is there any way to train someone to play better under pressure? I realised recently that the more people there are, watching me play, the more terrible I am. Hence I suck at crew battles.

Also, I'm leaving for Tokyo on Friday and will probably go insane, commit terrible crimes and permanently ruin the Australian embassy's relationship with Japan if I don't get any Brawl. Luke, can you possibly get me in touch with that dude who plays over there? Our country depends on it.

Nanda

Smash Ace
lolol. you're good at art Rose.
Whip up some flashy signs which express your love of brawl and your need to play it.
Then walk around Japan with the sign hanging around your neck.
According to Cosmo Kramer, 90% of communication is non verbal.

Kramer said that, not me

swordsaint

Smash Master
Is there any way to train someone to play better under pressure? I realised recently that the more people there are, watching me play, the more terrible I am. Hence I suck at crew battles.

Also, I'm leaving for Tokyo on Friday and will probably go insane, commit terrible crimes and permanently ruin the Australian embassy's relationship with Japan if I don't get any Brawl. Luke, can you possibly get me in touch with that dude who plays over there? Our country depends on it.
play small money matches, whether it's only a few dollars or not even that. It's small but it's a start and helps with some people. Other than that, you'll just have to play in pressure more and you'll get used to it eventually .

zApollo

Smash Ace
Thanks for the meet guys, I really would've stayed longer but I had other plans that showed up later in the day. Thanks for the matches, and yes scabe our matches were epic.

Good luck with the tournament this Sunday!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
so I guess you couldnt stay till sunday after all chris? :( anyways I think I can help you with that pressure problem rose, I have a few ideas and stuff.

and I tried to organize shaya to come and record matches for us but I dunno if he's coming or not.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
alternativly we could just record them by saving the replays and then use the capture card later, all the need is the infinite replay code, and there will be plenty of wii's with that

Throwback

Smash Lord
I can't help notice that Scabe has become the new luke. Every time I check the boards, he is the last poster :p First Silfa, now Scabe...Luke what's happening?????

Anyway who's up for a meet on wednesday? It's my last chance before I have to go back to work

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Silfa use to be the last poster? :O Whatever happened to that? Get back to your spamming ways and quit lurking. :mad088:

I think a Wednesday meet would be good because if Rose is free, it'll be the last time we see her since she's going to live in Japan for a year. I'm going to miss her so much. :cry:

Anyways I hope that tourney has gotten more interested in smash and that we'll start seeing the new faces at some meets.

Nanda

Smash Ace
Lets do it, Im free and I want to see Rose. :'(
It makes me so sad that she has to leave.
*cries
me love her long time

Top Bottom