• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Act 3 Clear!!: Sonic Tournament Results & Discussion Thread

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I hadn't played it in years. Gimped, mirror through off my RAR Bair<Spring, Reaching Bair off, so when I needed to float back toward the stage and get the ledge on the bottom portion, I went further off.

Last hits, last stock, he held me and the boomerang thing hit me, I went off the side when I tried to DI up/in to tech the ceiling, he went all the way across the stage

I felt utterly jipped. It was Tommy Janky :p

:phone:

True Blue

Smash Lord
When controls get reversed I just shield and roll around. My opponent is probably as confused as I am.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro8BLKd4YnE

^This is way more fun than the original spear pillar.
When controls get flipped I play like normal. I run away back air people and spike them and do whatever lol. Last game I played with friends we did randoms and he was jigglypuff and I was Captain Falcon. It flipped and I Up Air'ed him to get him off stage and I ran off and spiked him and still made it back. lol

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Problem is you aren't off stage and going to need to be about pixel perfect to get back, without seeing the control switch happening. I forgot that even happens, xD

And sure thing dude, teach me!

:phone:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Got 5th at a small tournament in Dallas last weekend, went mostly Sonic with some Wario and MK.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
TAER
november 10th 2012
enfield, CT
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=329634

Singles
13th out of 27
KC24 ::sonic::

Doubles
9 out of 12

Came close yesterday to beating pelcas Falco, the set went to game 3 on lylat last hit each, then later lost to marss ZSS, losing game 1 due to my over confidence just completely took all my motivation away after getting grab released with only 22 seconds left when i had a solid 100% lead -_________-, then sd'ing within the first 21 seconds on frigate and managing to take it to game 3 where i played completely ridiculous.

Double me and my partner did alright but i would've done better.

Overall was pretty fun, wanted to pull some upsets but next time.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
youre not even good enough to be underestimating people.

you made the top ten in a region that includes like 6 states and still only has about 7 good players. You need to dial that confidence down a bit bro.

You mind needs to be made of steel, or else you get taken advantage of by people like me.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
well it's just the fact that i play marss on a weakly basis, he's from my state, just the fact that i felt i could win easily was stupid of me, especially because i usually always go into a match thinking anythings possible. I mean it also doesn't help when you have someone literally right next to you screaming in your ear for your opponent to do such and such move at any given time. i don't know i just cracked under pressure i guess.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Yea i'll be sure to work on staying in my zone when i'm in a situation like that. Marss had to deal with that kind of situation in dubz and lost the set because of it. Although i do need to still work on how to handle ZSS better.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i dont think Ive ever seen some one say that bracket pools that are 2 losses and youre out are more stressful than round robin pools where you can lose 3 times and possibly still get out. lol.

True Blue

Smash Lord
Idk it just does lol. Bracket pools feels like the regular tournament while pools feels like something different and actually drains you a little bit more. At least for me. but then again I am naturally just weird anyways as I am sure most people realized after seeing me and talking to me at any tournament lol.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I just typed out all of the results since last July to update this thread.
GOD.

This'll get updated tonight. :applejack:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Aaaaand it's updated fully.
KID was wrong! I've been to more than just ONE tournament this year.

Also, it's kinda dampening on the spirits to see how hard the activity spikes after 2011. :applejack:

True Blue

Smash Lord
Come To Papa III
Dec. 8th 2012
Orlando, FL
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=330799

Singles
7th out of 40
:sonic:

Doubles
1st out of 12? (Can't remember)
:ike:/:sonic:

Sadly I would have a lot more things to post up but any other tourney's beforehand has not bothered to post up any results of it so I actually have not and didn't want to post any of them up without an actual thread or something to link back too.
Which that is mainly another reason I haven't been keeping up with this either.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
its funny because like 2 weeks ago, I said something in the tier list thread about top sonics, and I believe my comment about TB was "a mid level player whos biggest accomplishment is being Ryo's teams partner."

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Well I had a blue name once when the Tournament Directors usergroup were still around.

But they took that away...

True Blue

Smash Lord
its funny because like 2 weeks ago, I said something in the tier list thread about top sonics, and I believe my comment about TB was "a mid level player whos biggest accomplishment is being Ryo's teams partner."
Lol thanks. I actually prefer doubles a lot more than singles. Doubles is more fun and singles is to stressful especially with my slow hands. lol.

But thanks for the compliment anyways lol

Edit:
Well I had a blue name once when the Tournament Directors usergroup were still around.

But they took that away...

Well let's burn this site to the ground until they give it back! BLUE NAMES FOR EVERYONE! lol

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
I had the Smash Director's blue and Smash Developer's grape but then they took it away because the the site was becoming too rainbow coloured.

Then they added the Skittles Vibrant skin shortly afterwards.

Top Bottom