• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Taste Of Buffalo 3 Results+Shoutouts Thread! 10/3

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Ive only been in NY for about 3 months or less. But everytime i do a tournaments and the results thread is posted, Its always filled with 2 or so people argueing about something other than the results or the tournament itself. Could this be discussed some where else?

altairian

Smash Lord
You know, you shouldn't comment on someone's use of english and then proceed to misuse the word "wean" like a dozen times immediately afterward.

Also agree with Cura, you've started arguments after both Buffalo tourneys I've been to, and it makes you look like an *** :p

Goodies

Smash Apprentice
Those arguments just seem like an excuse to bump the thread and to epeen. Silly boys! You should copy and paste those arguments on the Falcon boards. I'm sure it would make an interesting debate on those threads and you'll be better responses from the community and it's just more appropriate. I'm still waiting for PikaPika's epic shoutout of three sentences and Goggles trolling about how he would have ***** Cura again with MK :laugh:.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Lol. Im getting back into melee. So ill be entering the next melee tournaments. I would love to play goggles mk again :D i have a surprise for him.

Cloud XV

Smash Cadet
You know, you shouldn't comment on someone's use of english and then proceed to misuse the word "wean" like a dozen times immediately afterward.

Also agree with Cura, you've started arguments after both Buffalo tourneys I've been to, and it makes you look like an *** :p
Im pretty sure he meant to say "weave" and he only mispelled it twice not a dozen ;)
Also the last arguement on the other thread he didn't start, he was being accused of stealing and he was simply defending himself.

Why is there always a stupid arguement regarding in Moonshine in thes threads?
Its because people are jealous of the sexy orange controller:laugh:

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: For everyone who says Alexei is just starting sh*t:

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Yoshi1999

Smash Apprentice
I was Matt. It was my first tourney.

ggs everyone. oh and sorry about that stage thing, goodies. I didn't know

altairian

Smash Lord
November is pretty full of big name tourneys, personally I'd say wait till sometime after pound 4 so that the college kids will be back for a new semester and you won't be competing with the large number of big name tourneys coming up.

Also suggestion: track results for your past tourneys (possibly even other tourneys as well) so you can seed tourneys in the future. I'm not gonna john about getting bracket ****ed or anything, but I did find it odd that all the top placers were the people that didn't get byes. I know you're doing random brackets and I understand why, but it'll make things work out nicer for everyone if you can do some seeding.

altairian

Smash Lord
Nobody's stopping you from having smashfests. People who don't enter the tourney shouldn't worry about when the tourney is ;)

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
1. Nowhere to hold one, also no one would show up. Basically a lost cause.
2. Myself, as well as others contemplated for hours(mostly waiting to see if the bracket would get bigger) whether or not we should enter the bracket or not. Actually, as soon as a good person I would've wanted to play in the tournament.... Hell, I might as well say it, as soon as Sky said he wouldn't, I decided not to as well.

Don't act as if you have total seniority over this, you can make suggestions, but that's as far as you should go in the matter.

altairian

Smash Lord
I'm confused. There were multiple people that wanted a bigger bracket but didn't enter...how many exactly? 3 more people would have made a full 16 man bracket. How much bigger did it need to be before it was "worth it"? I'm asking out of curiosity, because it seems odd to want a bigger bracket but not actually enter to make it bigger.

I'm not trying to act like I have seniority, I was actually joking around with ya man. Sucks that you can't find anywhere to hold a smashfest, but seemingly there's a lot of buffalo smashers, especially at buffalo state, surely there must be some way to get some people together?

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Actually, there would've been an even man bracket. But this was before the final bracket was set, and there were only about 9 people in the bracket.

I honestly still wouldn't know, I'd have to go to someone else's Smashfest, because I can only get in contact with a handful of them(and that's including the Smashers I hang out wiht on a daily basis) Plus, they mainly play Brawl, I would like to practice up in Melee.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Ive only been in NY for about 3 months or less. But everytime i do a tournaments and the results thread is posted, Its always filled with 2 or so people argueing about something other than the results or the tournament itself. Could this be discussed some where else?
Wow, **** you for trying to take our fun away. LET THE ARGUMENT CONTINUE!

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
There would have to be a legit melee turnout promised for the next one to make it worth my time. Third place breaking even for entrance and travel expenses is really sad. I don't think that will make Neil happy at all.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
He was the stomp my feet cause i got mk uair nado death at like 39% guy.

Just kidding!! <3!

Though it was funny.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
you and me were tied cross, good job man.
Likewise Bry. Here's to seeing you at the next tourney. And nextime I'm not going to be tied with nobody ;D

He was pretty ****. Jab cancels were on point.
Thanks, your Sonic is pretty good too. And I still have a lot of work to do.

Who was the kid telling me I'm a noob for choosing Snake vs Pikachu? LOL <3 that kid.
And Congrats TEG on winning the tourney. I should have stayed to see the finals. By chance, did anyone save the replays of the finals?

Maybe next tourney we could have homebrewed wii's with the replay code so we can get more footage online.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SyncSSBB
These were the only matches I managed to record:ohwell:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
LOL at this thread

we got goodies appearances, which are always amazing

we got neil pole jocking shiri

and we got alexei being alexei and stefan being a douche.

i just noticed that i told most everyone that neil was going to be a huge douche ahead of time and to just ignore him, and everyone was seemingly cool with it. i should have done the same for stefan.

also, at kelvin, I would have beaten EVERYONE with my MK.

lastly, Im planning to have a tourney in rochester, how many of you buff. kids would be able to make it? im planning for either 2 or 3 saturdays from now. probably 3

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the double post. Just finished reading the thread over. I just want to leave my fair share of shoutouts

BluePeachy- You ran circles around me with your Sonic. You're better than what you give yourself credit for

PikaPika!-Good games, I'm glad that I lost to you,at least in that way I can maintain my pride

Cura-**** IC's and their chain grabs hahaha. I learned a bit more of the IC match up first hand. I'll be better prepared for the next time. BTW, the matches are up on youtube.

ZOMG Rob- Sucks for the SD, but we'll have our share of battles seeing how we both dorm here.

Altarian-I still wanted to see how it ended, but yeah no-one wants to see a spammy fight. But it was still good meeting you.

Bry- Awesome meeting you too, sucks that they kept mispronouncing your name :laugh:

Keyo- You gave it your all, and I still had a blast from our matches

Asylum- You were amazing in your doubles game, just bummed out that I couldn't have faced you in singles.

Kozi- You were the one that gave me the specs to the tourney and scouted me out, and for that I thank you

And I had a blast playing everyone there. I'll be sure to catch you all next time, though depends when. If it's between x-mas and febuary, then I probably won't be able to make it (gonna be in the city for between semester break).

As far as videos go, just save the footage and send them someone with a capture card. Might as well make a channel for it as well.

Playlist:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SyncSSBB#grid/user/2BA56D135E2A5F1E

kozimoto

Smash Journeyman
Niagara Falls NY. US , Strasbourg, France
LOL at this thread

we got goodies appearances, which are always amazing

we got neil pole jocking shiri

and we got alexei being alexei and stefan being a douche.

i just noticed that i told most everyone that neil was going to be a huge douche ahead of time and to just ignore him, and everyone was seemingly cool with it. i should have done the same for stefan.

also, at kelvin, I would have beaten EVERYONE with my MK.

lastly, Im planning to have a tourney in rochester, how many of you buff. kids would be able to make it? im planning for either 2 or 3 saturdays from now. probably 3
couldnt make it for either event. im taking off work for the 30th but thats for a party. maybe the next ATOB-like event should be held in rochester.

Top Bottom