• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A SSBB Tech Skill Video

Shök

Smash Champion
Impressive.

I liked the Meta and Ice Climbers part.

*Claps*

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Even though brawl has much more tech skill potential than people give it credit for, good video and i hope to see more impressive IC stuff later on 0_o

Hype

Smash Lord
Great control
How do u do the sliding d-smash with shiek?
You DI forward and then crawl backwards as you land. It only works with characters that can crawl but best with shiek (I think). You have to do it on that part of yoshi's island, I think it has somthing to do with the slope.

Thanks to everyone that commented. It's funny that IC's get mentioned this much because I don't even play them and I learned CGing just for this vid.

Even though brawl has much more tech skill potential than people give it credit for, good video and i hope to see more impressive IC stuff later on 0_o
Tbh, I just put that beggining thing in for a disclaimer to aviod Melee vs. Brawl arguments.

WIGI

Smash Champion
can you message me, asto how you did the intro with the disapearign cahracters? i would really liek to sue this in a combo video it looked flipping sick

Hype

Smash Lord
can you message me, asto how you did the intro with the disapearign cahracters? i would really liek to sue this in a combo video it looked flipping sick
I started by making a few games on FD and just watched the background. I watched for a constant (or close to constant)background. Make sure your playing special brawl with a FIXED BACKGROUND.

Then I just recorded this background with my characters teetering on each edge.

I then waited for the constant background again and just messed around with marth while having P2 teetering over the edge. I then restarted the game (the constant background was close to the beggining) over and over while doing various attacks in the 15 or so seconds of constant background.

I used the "Pan and Zoom" effect to zoom in just enough so the characters teetering over the edges weren't visable. I also raised the screen to hide the % of the characters. This gave me a plain and constant background.

I memorized the numbers for how much zoom and shifting and applied them to all the intro clips.

I put all the clips in an order and added like 2-frame fade transitions (30FPS) in between all clips. This made the characters dissapear with a fade and the background flow better.

Then I just did as bit of fine tuning frame by frame to seperate the dancing blade perfectly.

I hope I answered your question well, If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

Shök

Smash Champion
Did you know how to do this by yourself, or did you find it elsewhere?

Shök

Smash Champion
Well done.

You should try making a tutorial for this.

Shök

Smash Champion
It would also be easier than explaining the process everytime.

Ugg

Smash Champion
I was surprised I didn't see any Pikachu QAC stuff, that can look REALLY flashy. :p
VERY nice video nonetheless. The intro was awesome

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Sorry but brawl tech skill is a joke. Not trying to be malicious or anything its just the truth.

Top Bottom