• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A simple question: Why did you pick Wolf?

SilverLanayru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilverLanayru
3DS FC
1977-0801-2134
Switch FC
SW-1383-4892-7702
Why did YOU choose Wolf (assuming you did) out of the entire cast?
I didn't...I wouldn't say he's my favorite (because Falco is my favorite Star Fox character in the brawl cast) but once I started using him in All-Star mode just to snag his final smash trophy, right there I've found out that I was actually good with him. So I've decided to choose him as one of my overall-best mains (4th) and went straight into training!

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
Well, as we all know, the more cute and cuddly the character looks (with the exceptions of snake and metaknight) the better/stronger they are, wolf is one of the few good chars that doesn't look like he came off of a toddlers television show, thus I main him.

The Max is Back

Smash Cadet
Since I lost both my mains for melee (Roy & Mewtwo), I was stumbled for a while on who I should pick up. When I first laid my eyes on wolf I was like...... oh yeah!

Wolfie92

Smash Rookie
Up until brawl I was a fox main when I discovered wolf. He had a savage and beastly edge to him that I loved, so I mained him insted.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
The reason I picked Wolf, is because he seemed like a better alternative to the superfast and hard to control Fox and Falco. I was right. He's slower than Fox and Falco making him easier to control and he's fast enough to keep up with the latter. Plus, he's got good smashes and an easy keep away strategy.

Illomatic

Smash Apprentice
because when i first saw him in star fox i thought wow hes so sick
i already like fox and falco, and when brawl was confirmed he was the first character i wanted
once he was confirmed i was so happy and couldnt wait..
my main is Yoshi, with Wolf as a close second

laki

Smash Apprentice
I play wolf cause that n1ggas got a gun and his taunts are ****.

Equi

Smash Ace
Been maining him since it came out. Not really sure. He was the first character that's style appealed to me. Plus he howls. I don't know, his quick dsmash and easy cheap tactics during the early meta were appealing to me once I started playing him and trying to invent him.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
I started playing Wolf because he gave my main serious issues when I first started playing this game and I wanted to know why. After getting to know him better and actually getting really good with him I actually like him now. I used to hate all Starfox characters but I grew to love Wolf (and Falco) after to getting to know them better.

Silver13

Smash Cadet
Well I forgot he was in the game till I beat Subspace and then I remembered he was in the game. So I got him and I was hooked instantly to him and have been maining him since July with a close second Wario XD.
Wolf ftw

Sylvan

Smash Apprentice
I picked him because he reminds me of Roy. Don't ask why or you'll get a 99999999999999 page long reply. . . . . . . . .

Blazer

Smash Ace
I picked him because he reminds me of Roy. Don't ask why or you'll get a 99999999999999 page long reply. . . . . . . . .
How? (I didn't ask why)

I wanted Wolf in since Melee. When Brawl came out, he was my #1 pick for who should be in the game. I waited every day hoping to see him announced. Then when the game came out in Japan and he was unlocked, I was so excited that I called my friends up and immediately told them. The game came out, and it was between Ike and Wolf who I would play, but it soon became very obvious Wolf was the better choice.

Sylvan

Smash Apprentice
XD

He is a fast faller, unlike marth. His attacks are fast, unlike Ike. His reflector can be used similar to counter. His smash attacks have good range. His air moves aren't multi-hits aside from nair. The bayonet on his blaster covers a similar range to roy's neutral B.

He doesn't have b across. The B-up is different.

They are both 16th on the tier list (PAL) <- not entirely accurate, due to different roster sizes.

Mostly it's his weight/attack speed and ability to counter.

StarHawk_30

Smash Rookie
I had to pick between the 2 coolest starfox character which is falco and wolf.
in the end the bird won, but wolf is my secondary.

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
Well, I started playing wolf by accident. See, I used to main R.O.B. and I had been looking for a secondary for over two months. I tried G&W, which worked for awhile. But, then I realized all I did was spam d-air. Then, I tried Pikachu and even Bowser for a bit.

Finally, on one magical day whilst I was having a two person smash-fest, I counter picked Wolf to my friend's Marth. I started PWNING. THus, our relationship was born.

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
At first I thought Wolf was slow and useless which caused me to not ever use him. After gaining some experience with the game I ended up using him again and found that I loved the way his moves and attacks felt, and I naturally began winning with him. I realized then that I was maining Sonic and was not used to or even trying to use Wolf properly, so I practiced and now Wolf is my main.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I picked Wolf because he was the last character I unlocked and I thought he was freakin' awesome! Besides, he was one of the chacracters I really wanted in this game, along with D3 and Sonic. Plus - he flicks you off and that's hardcore!

Evenkor

Smash Cadet
I picked Wolf mainly because he's fast and hits hard, but the winning part for me was his Reflector - I love projectile deflectors, and this one also has close range use.

Nerok

Smash Rookie
Because seriously, on other messages boards and forums I would say "I claim Wolf" before they game was even about 4 monthes coming out.

He was my favorite character in the Starfox series and I figured, hell if the 2 other space animals are good in Melee they are gonna make Wolf just as good.

I loved him them, and loved him now. Never see myself switching mains either.

Bikefreak_33

Smash Rookie
Well i was sitting at home one stormy night when suddenly i was knocked unconcious from a wild MetaKnight!
And when i finally woke i was strapped down to a chair with 12,000 meta knight strippers giving me lap dances, suddenly wolf burst into the house through the nearest window and slaughtered every metaknight, from then on i knew i had found love.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
First i mained Fox for like 4 to 5 months. Only Fox got to predictable, and i got almost owned by my friends. I couldn't accept that, they weren't even competitively viable X_X So i thought, let's try Wolf to tease my lil bro (he mains Wolf) and owh gawd i want to be gay for Wolf :p (SARCASM DAMMIT) He's like a more Powerfull Fox with an awesome Bair and a Spike and a better Shine!! Love him :)

EDIT: AND HIS BLASTER IS TOTAL R*PE!

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
well i mained link since 2001 back in the melee days(im only 14)but when i got to better compition and did gamebattles ,and found out what a tilt was and stuff link just wasnt makeing the cut for me his recorvery was garbage,jumpman who is #1 on gb made me wanna pick wolf and i did, then when i beat my first really good person on gamebattles i made wolf a secodary but then i got really good with him and had no choice but to drop link in like augest 08.R.I.P Link(low tier basterd)

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
Because seriously, on other messages boards and forums I would say "I claim Wolf" before they game was even about 4 monthes coming out.

He was my favorite character in the Starfox series and I figured, hell if the 2 other space animals are good in Melee they are gonna make Wolf just as good.

I loved him them, and loved him now. Never see myself switching mains either.
cool,do u want to have freindlies dude?

Sin'sMortalCoil

Smash Rookie
I pick wolf for the intimidation factor. Dunno if it works, but the erratic movements plus the howl and growl taunts might just make some people slip up. "Some people" being the people that go "Ow" when they get hurt in a game, or cry when they lose, or swear at the guitar hero because their fingers are like sausages.

Top Bottom