• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A simple question: Why did you pick Wolf?

the.tok

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2767-0503-3415
I mained Fox in SSB64, but didn't like his playstyle (and falco's for that matters) in melee because he was a little bit too much on the "fast characters" side, and instead played Samus.

When Brawl was released, I was really disappointed when I saw how much Samus was nerfed, so I came back to space animals.

Among the space animals, I realized Wolf had everything I wished Fox to have in SSBM, even before I unlocked him. I unlocked him, tryed him, never switched :)

He's the only villian that isn't utter garbage.
Metaknight and KingDDD are Villains, as well as DK in some games aren't they?

tekkie

Smash Master
I mained Fox in SSB64, but didn't like his playstyle (and falco's for that matters) in melee because he was a little bit too much on the "fast characters" side, and instead played Samus.

When Brawl was released, I was really disappointed when I saw how much Samus was nerfed, so I came back to space animals.

Among the space animals, I realized Wolf had everything I wished Fox to have in SSBM, even before I unlocked him. I unlocked him, tryed him, never switched :)

Metaknight and KingDDD are Villains, as well as DK in some games aren't they?

Also, Bowser is badass.

mith132

Smash Apprentice
I main wolf cause hes pretty much the coolest character in the game! Even though ive been maining wolf since the game came out, i recently almost changed my main to mk (cause of tier ratings) 0_0, but then i realized that it would be cool to beat people with wolf, a lower ranked character.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
i dont know why i mained wolf. i just picked him up like a month after the game came out. i learned how sexy his bair was and how he was so good at spacin.plus blaster spammin people is fun.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Fsmash is what made me choose wolf, to be honest.
Lol yeah. First time you pick up brawl to play with some friends, you're like "holy **** this move is ****" and spam it the whole match, likely destroying them. Then you play good people and realize that doesn't work at all :(

:059:

§witch

Smash Lord
Lol yeah. First time you pick up brawl to play with some friends, you're like "holy **** this move is ****" and spam it the whole match, likely destroying them. Then you play good people and realize that doesn't work at all :(

Yep, but I was horrible when I first played brawl, so it took awhile before people could **** me for it. And getting ***** is the best way to learn.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Yep, but I was horrible when I first played brawl, so it took awhile before people could **** me for it. And getting ***** is the best way to learn.
Tell me about it. First tournament, Atomsk goes like 'Hey man, whassup?' cause I know him from school, and by the end of the minute he threestocks my wolf with DDD on delfino. Explains why I hate the fat*** penguin so much >_>

Laughingcoyote

Smash Rookie
I main wolf cause of his beastlike attacks! He tears people to shreds! I also like his quick, strong aerial attacks because i focus on a more aerial approach. :)

daangdang

Smash Rookie
A sucky recovery, and his interesting playing style is extremely appetizing.
(I only picked him up, after reading and learning more in-depth about his playstyle.)

B!squick

Smash Master
Because I'm forced to play online all the time. This may make his recovery really bad, but the speed and power of his attacks are nuts and makes him much better on WiFi against Ike noobs. I can't seem to shield nearly well enough with Bowser online, thus I constantly fail. x_x

Oh, and he has the Shine which is really useful against ******** items and whacking people with the bayonet is fun. :D

OkamiFrost

Smash Rookie
power balanced with speed....and his low stance makes him hard to ko...yet like said millions of times...i agree his recovery is at the bottom of the list..its horrible

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Tell me about it. First tournament, Atomsk goes like 'Hey man, whassup?' cause I know him from school, and by the end of the minute he threestocks my wolf with DDD on delfino. Explains why I hate the fat*** penguin so much >_>

I didn't know you knew Atomsk from school, you should come hang out at Enemy Controller stuff.

ChitownWolf

Smash Cadet
Wolf is extremely fun to play. My two favorite moves with him are by far his Blaster and his B-air

Jhin

Smash Rookie
well, he looked pretty awesome, so i figure i'd try him out, and i really liked him, and my playstyle matched his abilities so i went with it.

nightwing2024

Smash Cadet
4 main reasons.

My friend Patrick told me I should.
Wolf is a bad***.
His smashes are very quick and mostly lagless.
He's the only character I use that can beat my friend's MK.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Wolf, eh, I never really had a reason. I occasionally use him to substitute for Ness. Mainly because on the lolcomboes that come with playing as Wolf.

Oh, and side taunt.

choice_brawler

Smash Journeyman
I pick'd wolf cuz i don't believe his position on the tier list is accurate. Kinda like i wanted to disprove it i guess, i just had a lot of fun playing as him after that and still believe that statement is true. I simply need to get better and start winning bigger tourneys.

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
I picked him as soon as I found out he was in the game. Wolf was always my favorite Star Fox character and I've always played the Star Fox characters in previous games. Being a Wolf for one thing is awesome enough as it is. When I finally did get to play him, he just seemed to fit more than Fox and Falco did, who I was playing before. Since then most of the people I've played I've beaten and all have claimed Wolf is rigged.

Luigi_Lova62

Smash Journeyman
His taunts are amazing. especially his up taunt.
He looks cool.
He's Bad***!
None of the people that i know in Brampton plays wolf.

It was the best idea for nintendo to put Wolf in brawl. What would brawl be without Wolf? It's not all about Fox and Falco, you know.

3TY.Spiky

Smash Rookie
  • He looks bad-***, especially in his black suit
  • His "What's the matter, scared?" taunt looks sick
  • His reflector has invincibility frames
  • His b-air has pretty imba range
  • And the list goes on...

=)@MePlz

Smash Apprentice
Opinion

The reasons why he's epic.
  • He's F***ing bad@**.
  • Bair
  • Great offensive AND defensive game
  • Projectile (also bad@**)
  • Bair
  • Uncommon character; many people don't know his playstyle
  • Bair
  • Shine
  • Scarring
  • Range of Fsmash
  • Bair

Bair is too good.

=)@MePlz

Smash Apprentice
I pick'd wolf cuz i don't believe his position on the tier list is accurate. Kinda like i wanted to disprove it i guess, i just had a lot of fun playing as him after that and still believe that statement is true. I simply need to get better and start winning bigger tourneys.
And we're ALL with you on that one. ;)

Hopefully people like GERM will help us.

Only problem is D3, ROB, etc. kinda own us. (secondaries needed)

=)@MePlz

Smash Apprentice
I pick wolf for the intimidation factor. Dunno if it works, but the erratic movements plus the howl and growl taunts might just make some people slip up. "Some people" being the people that go "Ow" when they get hurt in a game, or cry when they lose, or swear at the guitar hero because their fingers are like sausages.
Sum-up: HE'S BAD***!

(and Bair)

Top Bottom