• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Pit Strategy Guide Final Version (Almost completly redone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
hmm ive run into some troubel with my friend who mains lucas, while yea i said alot before and all of that stuff does work he has figured something out to screw me over

psi magnets my arrows, but then does not try to approach. when i dash at him and attack he easily powershields and smash attacks me, smae happens when i SH Fair, and the only thing i can seem to land occasionally is a rising Dair, oh and the occasional dash grab, but that thing has so short range its barely helpful

help me please

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
srry i cant help u im noob but what i was wondering is why with all this guys hard work there isnt even a sticky on this-_-

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
its because the pit compendium which has this as a link is stickied, but it also contains links to all other AT's an guides to pit, so it can be used to access this plus some more

Illussionary

Smash Journeyman
Its a good guide, I just don't know how to read it?

Like it would be easier if it were outlined into Attacks and such instead of books.

ChokE

Smash Apprentice
hmm ive run into some troubel with my friend who mains lucas, while yea i said alot before and all of that stuff does work he has figured something out to screw me over

psi magnets my arrows, but then does not try to approach. when i dash at him and attack he easily powershields and smash attacks me, smae happens when i SH Fair, and the only thing i can seem to land occasionally is a rising Dair, oh and the occasional dash grab, but that thing has so short range its barely helpful

help me please
don't spam arrows. When you see the psi magnet, aim your arrow up. Be tricky with you approch :ohwell:. SH Dair, running spotdodge, or really piss him off with AR ( break his shield apart).

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
hmm yea i do aim my arrows away from psi magnet , i jsut have issues with approaching, cause im used to forcing them to approach or at least aiding my approach with some arrows, hes good enough to be able to easily dodge AR and punish for it so i dont really use it, i should probably throw in some running spot dodges though... im always tentative to SH aerials against someone who is waiting for the approach becasue it is so easy to shield and grab or powershield and smash.... i dunno maybe ill throw in a few AR's

lmnz

Smash Apprentice
i noticed that against lucas and ness players i arrow chase them more than just shoot my arrows since it scares them to see me comes with my arrow lol. they usually tell me after the friendly that the looping is scary since they can't really absorb it with me in their face... so... maybe you can try that.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
haha alright thanks, arrow looping is just a little intense while trying to fight, but then again he is jsut sitting there cause he knows if he uses and b's he'll end up getting hitand ihe tries to approach he'll end up getting hit... i need to get better at arrow looping....

thanks

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Wow, I haven't updated in a while, I'm sorry for that. All my attention has been on the combo list I'm working on, you can see it in my sig.

This update is simply Sheik, not much to say really. Notice that I added a section about the Angel Ring in Fire2. I encourage everyone, both pros and newbs, to see it.

Its a good guide, I just don't know how to read it?

Like it would be easier if it were outlined into Attacks and such instead of books.
I don't know what to say, you're the first person to say they've had trouble with it.

The guide seems pretty good.
Thanks!

ChokE

Smash Apprentice
Nice to see you back in the Pit forum. Can you work on the counters for Rob or Snake next (if you are not too busy)? I hate them a lot, and i see quite a few of them in tournaments.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
I like the format of this, I see someone else is a Musashi Miyamoto fan. Very good guide.
Woot! Someone else knows him! Glad you like the guide.

Very nice guide. Well written and pics to accompany =D. Bravo man! Psy.
why thank you. =)

srry i cant help u im noob but what i was wondering is why with all this guys hard work there isnt even a sticky on this-_-
I'm at least glad I'm in the compendium, that's good enough for me. The mods don't look at the character forums unless it's their own main it seems like.

Nice to see you back in the Pit forum. Can you work on the counters for Rob or Snake next (if you are not too busy)? I hate them a lot, and i see quite a few of them in tournaments.
It's good to be back, although I never really left. I still looked in. Yeah, Snake is a problem, I'll see what I can come up with.

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
Hmm what id like to see is what everyones opinions about pit vs bowser is. I havent found any videos of this matchup so you should add something. What I know is bowsers easy to hit with arrows.

Leggo

Smash Cadet
what about grabbing snake as an edge guard with his up B?? when you grab him while doing an up B and do not press anything, he will fall to his death. I find that pretty useful when snake players get too close to the ledge on a recovery

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
It's not reliable, and I thought it not worth taking the time to explain since a Snake won't be giving you the chance. They rather bomb jump then let you get the opportunity.

And the D-tilt meteor does work better. You don't have to wait for him to go so high with that.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I did have slight problems with Sheik and her speed. Now i know how to approach them.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Snake :snake:

If Snake is throwing grenades at you, take advantage of them and take them for yourself. The easiest and safest way to catch them is by shorthopping and airdodging. If he tries cooking the grenades to avoid this, shoot him. There's a technique they like to use called the grenade shield. This is where they will drop a grenade when they shield, and hope the grenade explodes. The best thing to do against this is the shorthop F-air. Snake is tall enough to be hit, and the grenade is dropped to low for you to hit it.
Dont forget that wing canceling will push the grenade out from the shield too. If you fair, unless you hit above the shield, chances are you're gonna get f-tilted or up tilted.

Snake can't do any aerial approaches, because of this the D-tilt has renewed usage, as he won't be short hopping over it. The D-tilt is quick, has exactly as much reach as Snake's tilts, and it sets up nicely for a juggle.
You're forgetting about the 4 hit autocombo one button 30% full hop nair (it gets autocancelled too i think. Maybe not though gotta check on that)

Does down tilt really have that much range? last time I played snake the f-tilt seemed to hit like 4 times the reach of where snake is.

Recovery against Snake can be a pain if he spams mortars by the ledge. Either you have to grab the ledge with good timing, or drop above the stage with the up-B and airdodge.
The glide attack, if done right can blow up the mortor as well as pit not getting hit, you can also hit snake w/ the glide attack at the same time.

lmnz

Smash Apprentice
i don't see a single note about snake's BROKEN u-tilt. what is going on here.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
for your next character to discuss strategies against, id suggest olimar, a good olimar can be a real pain for pit since his pikmin can hit from almost all angles which severely screws with pits glides... and oli has a spike which could be potentially harmful

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Dont forget that wing canceling will push the grenade out from the shield too. If you fair, unless you hit above the shield, chances are you're gonna get f-tilted or up tilted.
I put more effort into this.

You're forgetting about the 4 hit autocombo one button 30% full hop nair (it gets autocancelled too i think. Maybe not though gotta check on that)
I'm not forgetting. Snake can only do 3 kicks before he lands. The only aerial he can autocancel from a short hop is the U-air.

Does down tilt really have that much range? last time I played snake the f-tilt seemed to hit like 4 times the reach of where snake is.
I tested. Snake's F-tilt, U-tilt, and Pit's D-tilt, look to have the exact same range.

The glide attack, if done right can blow up the mortor as well as pit not getting hit, you can also hit snake w/ the glide attack at the same time.
Good to know.

i don't see a single note about snake's BROKEN u-tilt. what is going on here.
Snake's U-tilt isn't longer then his F-tilt. Pit's F-tilt out reaches it.

EDIT: Ten-thousand views!

sagemoon

Smash Lord
I'm not forgetting. Snake can only do 3 kicks before he lands. The only aerial he can autocancel from a short hop is the U-air.
Full hop nair, not short hop. if you get hit by one of the 4, the 4th will always hit. Its an annoying approach.

Edit: This thread is win, rhy is too good.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
I realized a simple way for bypassing the grenade shield, we can grab him.

for your next character to discuss strategies against, id suggest olimar, a good olimar can be a real pain for pit since his pikmin can hit from almost all angles which severely screws with pits glides... and oli has a spike which could be potentially harmful
I'll see what can be done.

Full hop nair, not short hop. if you get hit by one of the 4, the 4th will always hit. Its an annoying approach.
Can he reliably do a full hop N-air from close up, to dodge and counter a D-tilt?

Edit: This thread is win, rhy is too good.
Thanks!

Kmaru

Smash Cadet
I thank you so much for this i will learn all this and train and train and train

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I should be able to take out snakes better this way considering how he is overpowered.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
For snakes i just like to throw his grenades back and reflect his motars. Maybe use a lil wing renewal to take out his recovery. Other then that i get pwned by ftilts. lol.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Yea somehow. If you want, you can add that every move of Pit's except the multi hit and jabs knock snake from the cypher at any point. Also since he is a little heavy, the Fthrow CG works pretty nice and when you get them at the ledge, knee them until they let go to get them below the stage. Also if they are next to the ledge, a wingpush works well to knock them off and you might get lucky that they use an aerial to SD. Also, a well timed Wingdash or wingcancel throws the grenades back at them not hindering your speed like the shield.

The AR counters the Usmash very well and counters the Usmash edge guard if they dont know your intentions. The short hop Nair works well to counter the mortar slide if spaced well enough.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
This is strange to do, I know, but I didn't want this to go to waste. It's been one year and now I realize how awful this was. I decided to take a new approach and redo the whole guide. I hope it can be helpful.

Coffee™

I need it....
This is strange to do, I know, but I didn't want this to go to waste. It's been one year and now I realize how awful this was. I decided to take a new approach and redo the whole guide. I hope it can be helpful.
The type of information in the guide would be useful if it was more up to date and detailed as it hasnt really been discussed much. However, it would be better if you simply made a new thread for that instead of bumping this old one, therefore I'm locking this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom