• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Wah-volution!: NEW Waluigi Support Thread

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
The new Mario golf intro is fantastic!
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Anyone notice how in the very beginning they gave everyone generic animations, while on the other hand they focused on Waluigi putting him front and center, twirling his mustache as if he's already got a scheme in mind.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
Nothing from E3 happen with that Mario sports trademark and it’s already been approved for awhile now. So something for it must be happening soon…Maybe in three months perhaps?

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
So I just thought of something. Mario golf super rush’s music could be use for Waluigi’s fighter pass. And maybe sprinkle in some tennis aces and other sport games too. What do you think?
Man they really killed it with the songs in this game, Bowser's songs especially gives me a lot of Bowser's Fury vibes. I wouldn't mind a mash-up of music from all of the recent Mario games since Ultimate released, although I do think it'd only be from Tennis Aces and Super Rush (maybe some Mario Party music too?)

warubyun

Smash Apprentice
So I just thought of something. Mario golf super rush’s music could be use for Waluigi’s fighter pass. And maybe sprinkle in some tennis aces and other sport games too. What do you think?
Personally I never bought the idea that Waluigi would be an issue in terms of music and spirits. There are still many spin-off titles and series that have very little to no representation, which have no shortage of spirit options and music. If anything, Super Rush only added to the amount that was already there.

Same goes for stages, by the way. Sure, everyone always suggests Waluigi Pinball as a stage, but there's no Mario Party stage, either.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
Man they really killed it with the songs in this game, Bowser's songs especially gives me a lot of Bowser's Fury vibes. I wouldn't mind a mash-up of music from all of the recent Mario games since Ultimate released, although I do think it'd only be from Tennis Aces and Super Rush (maybe some Mario Party music too?)
I know right! The boss music sounds freakin’ epic! It would be perfect for smash bros!

Ridley888

Smash Rookie
At the end of the introductory video of kazuya, there was a scene that looked back on the history of the fighters who participated in the smash, but unnaturally the Inkling and Piranha plant were not there.
From this, I think that the final DLC pass fighter is Octoling and the bonus fighter is Waluigi.

I want to think so.

Last edited:

DittoInDisguise

Smash Apprentice
At the end of the introductory video of kazuya, there was a scene that looked back on the history of the fighters who participated in the war, but unnaturally the Inkling and Piranha plant were not there.
From this, I think that the final DLC pass fighter is octoling and the bonus fighter is Waluigi.

I want to think so.
he said CP11 is the last fighter, so it can't be both

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
New headcanon based on this Mario & Sonic promo art: Waluigi has just as much a grudge with Tails as he does Luigi

Is he jealous of Tails' IQ? Is he still angry after Tails ran into spikes when he was playing the Sonic 2 special stage? Does he mistake the kit's optimism and pluck for smug and snark? I don't know.

Last edited:

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
So I wanted to share something I saw a while ago. A few weeks back I saw this 4chan leak (yeah I know, take with a grain of salt) claiming to know the final fighter and beyond that. It got Monster Hunter and Dante becoming Mii fighters, technically got Pyra and Mythra (although I don't know how upset people were with them), and technically Kazuya and Tekken. One of the bonus fighters it claims is Waluigi.

It seems plausible, although this implies we're getting more than a few bonus fighters. This throws me off since the game coding only has a few more slots left (I don't know how all of that works, regarding if they can add more slots or not), maybe we'll get a deluxe version of ultimate for the Switch Pro with all the dlc and that version will have stand-alone dlc fighters and stages? I'm guessing at this point, and honestly I think I'm gonna stick with Sakurai's claims of only one fighter left since he keeps hammering it into our heads. Either way its something interesting to speculate

image.png

Edit:
Smashboards made the image crazy hard to see so I threw it on imgur

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
So I wanted to share something I saw a while ago. A few weeks back I saw this 4chan leak (yeah I know, take with a grain of salt) claiming to know the final fighter and beyond that. It got Monster Hunter and Dante becoming Mii fighters, technically got Pyra and Mythra (although I don't know how upset people were with them), and technically Kazuya and Tekken. One of the bonus fighters it claims is Waluigi.

It seems plausible, although this implies we're getting more than a few bonus fighters. This throws me off since the game coding only has a few more slots left (I don't know how all of that works, regarding if they can add more slots or not), maybe we'll get a deluxe version of ultimate for the Switch Pro with all the dlc and that version will have stand-alone dlc fighters and stages? I'm guessing at this point, and honestly I think I'm gonna stick with Sakurai's claims of only one fighter left since he keeps hammering it into our heads. Either way its something interesting to speculate

Edit:
Smashboards made the image crazy hard to see so I threw it on imgur
Bonus fighters? I don't buy it. I mean, I would buy Waluigi as a bonus fighter, but I don't buy the idea of Waluigi as a bonus.

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
Wow. Lloyd, Shantae, and Dante all deconfirmed. I’ve said this before but the more characters that get deconfirmed the better I feel about Waluigi’s inclusion. Especially since he has good things going for him, too.

further point of speculation to further the narrative that the last character is first party- we’ve already had these 3rd party companies this pass: Microsoft, Square, Namco… and now we have gotten Capcom and Bethesda (Microsoft) costumes, which we can reasonably assume they would’ve saved for a rep from those companies. So that eliminates a lot of the top contenders. Activision still stands, so I’m still firm in my belief that if the last character is anyone other than Waluigi it will be Crash.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
I'm not gonna say "popular frontrunner deconfirmed=Waluigi confirmed" but I will point out this.

If Sakurai is offering mii costumes as consolation prizes one would expect Waluigi to have one by now but he doesn't. In fact Waluigi has nothing so far despite his heavy popularity.

This and Sakurai hinted that CP11 would take a while. The last time a character took a while was with Steve which took 4 months since he was a complex fighter bring worked at from home. Apparently they are working at home for cp11 again and it it will take a while we can assume it's a complex fighter.

Waluigi would be very complex since it's the first AT they've promoted in the same game. I don't know for sure, but it's just an assumption.

So all of this circumstantial evidence makes me a lot more confident on Waluigi. Not 100% but he's still very likely imo.

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
I'm not gonna say "popular frontrunner deconfirmed=Waluigi confirmed" but I will point out this.

If Sakurai is offering mii costumes as consolation prizes one would expect Waluigi to have one by now but he doesn't. In fact Waluigi has nothing so far despite his heavy popularity.

This and Sakurai hinted that CP11 would take a while. The last time a character took a while was with Steve which took 4 months since he was a complex fighter bring worked at from home. Apparently they are working at home for cp11 again and it it will take a while we can assume it's a complex fighter.

Waluigi would be very complex since it's the first AT they've promoted in the same game. I don't know for sure, but it's just an assumption.

So all of this circumstantial evidence makes me a lot more confident on Waluigi. Not 100% but he's still very likely imo.
I’m not sure, I really don’t think Waluigi would be too complicated, assist trophy or not. Unless they’re just doing some bat**** goofy stuff with his moveset.

That statement has me thinking it could be King Boo, a lot of the speculation for Waluigi also fits for King Boo. Plus there’s still that missing spirit event for LM3. King Boo would be quite complicated as a floating character who’d likely have some invisibility mechanics. Would be a pretty cool rep imo, my 2nd most wanted but I’m still rooting for Waluigi all the way

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
New bit of Wah theory I want to add:
Sakurai said the main reason Heihachi wasn’t included was not because he was a mii costume, but because he didn’t have the dragon thing-that’s why they went for kazuya instead. Does that mean they could potentially make a fighter out of a costume or AT as long as they work well in the context of Smash?
It might’ve just been an error in translation but man, if it isn’t?

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
The fact it’s gonna take longer actually worries me. Like, what would they do to Waluigi with that much development time? How much would they need to change in the base game that involves his assist trophy?

I’m starting to wonder if it’s someone else...But that Mario sports trademark still has me confused about it.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
The fact it’s gonna take longer actually worries me. Like, what would they do to Waluigi with that much development time? How much would they need to change in the base game that involves his assist trophy?

I’m starting to wonder if it’s someone else...But that Mario sports trademark still has me confused about it.
The only thing I can think of is that his moveset is still being conceptualized since Waluigi has little to go off of in terms of a moveset and they’re still figuring out what to do with him.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
The only thing I can think of is that his moveset is still being conceptualized since Waluigi has little to go off of in terms of a moveset and they’re still figuring out what to do with him.
Just realized he said they would be working from home on this last fighter, so maybe that’s why it will take longer.

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
Hello Everyone! I’m New To The Server (And Just SmashBoards In General lol) I’m a Fellow Waluigi Supporter and Think He Could Very Well Be Our Final Fighter (Challenger Pack 11) For FP2! Things are Looking Pretty Solid for Em’ So Far!

I find It REEEAAAL Interesting How The Red Shell Hat DIDN’T Appear In Kazuya’s Mii Costume Round.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I don't know what to think about this Red Shell hat thing. It is pretty suspicious that it didn't come back, but at the same time it may have just been considered unimportant on the same calibur as the bovine skull and Mii Force helmet rather than being saved for DLC.

Last edited:

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
I don't know what to think about this Red Shell hat thing. It is pretty suspicious that it didn't come back, but at the same time it may have just been considered unimportant on the same calibur as the bovine skull and Mii Force helmet rather than being saved for DLC.
It’s Either That They’re Saving It for the Last Fighter Or They Just Didn’t Find It Necessary To Return Like You Said.

But With Nearly Almost Every Smash 4 Hat and Costume Coming Back..I dunno..It’s..Certainly An Interesting Thing We’ve Got Here.

But I’m Sure We’ll Find Out What Will Happen Regarding The Red Shell Hat Or Waluigi The Moment CP11 Gets Revealed To Us.

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
I’m in the same boat as you, but the red shell is a game specific item.. all of the other game specific Mii items have returned at this point, other than the red shell. It’s the only item that is still missing that is themed around a game series

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I’m in the same boat as you, but the red shell is a game specific item.. all of the other game specific Mii items have returned at this point, other than the red shell. It’s the only item that is still missing that is themed around a game series
Technically the Mii Force helmet, which was another game-themed costume, didn't return - but that's part of the Mii series so that's a strange grey area.

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
And yeah I agree with that other post.. the fact that he delivered on Shantae has me feeling really good about Waluigi, not gonna lie

Last edited:

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
Technically the Mii Force helmet, which was another game-themed costume, didn't return - but that's part of the Mii series so that's a strange grey area.
Yeah, I’m unsure if the Mii games really count as their own series.. maybe. The smash wiki has the Mii force helmet listed as a generic one rather than having a game logo next to it, so I’m just going to roll with it not being “game-specific” like the red shell from the Mario series. It’s just not on the same level I guess

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
Yeah, I’m unsure if the Mii games really count as their own series.. maybe. The smash wiki has the Mii force helmet listed as a generic one rather than having a game logo next to it, so I’m just going to roll with it not being “game-specific” like the red shell from the Mario series. It’s just not on the same level I guess
I’m Pretty Sure The Wii Sports,Find Mii,and Tomodachi Life Stages All Have Unique Emblems If I Recall Correctly..

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
I’m Pretty Sure The Wii Sports,Find Mii,and Tomodachi Life Stages All Have Unique Emblems If I Recall Correctly..
Yeah No,The Find Mii Stage Has The Crown Emblem,The Tomodachi Life Stage Has The House Emblem,And The Wuhu Island Stage Has The Island Emblem.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
I don't think Sakurai knew Waluigi was so highly requested. He does NOW, but he definitely didn't when Smash Ultimate was developed if he did, Waluigi wouldn't have returned as an assist trophy.

I also don't think Waluigi is a character Sakurai would veto out of pure hatred or lack or gameplay/stage ideas. He tackled the challenge of a Minecraft and Tekken character even though he knew it would be hard so I don't know why Waluigi would be the one character he says no to even though he'd be far easier. Sakurai is also professional enough to not say no to a character even if he didn't like it. Which certainly isn't true for Waluigi he's been getting attention from Sakurai since his inception and got a fully modeled and animated assist trophy that was completely his idea to add

I really don't get these fan rules or what significance they have on Waluigi not being included people just like making things up to fit the narrative that waluigi is a garbage character that everyone hates

Sakurai loves the fans and values their opinion. It's why he decided the whole roster on the ballot. I don't think he'd just ignore Waluigi because he doesn't think he can make him playable, he made ridley playable.

Last edited:

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
I don't think Sakurai knew Waluigi was so highly requested. He does NOW, but he definitely didn't when Smash Ultimate was developed if he did, Waluigi wouldn't have returned as an assist trophy.

I also don't think Waluigi is a character Sakurai would veto out of pure hatred or lack or gameplay/stage ideas. He tackled the challenge of a Minecraft and Tekken character even though he knew it would be hard so I don't know why Waluigi would be the one character he says no to even though he'd be far easier. Sakurai is also professional enough to not say no to a character even if he didn't like it. Which certainly isn't true for Waluigi he's been getting attention from Sakurai since his inception and got a fully modeled and animated assist trophy that was completely his idea to add

I really don't get these fan rules or what significance they have on Waluigi not being included people just like making things up to fit the narrative that waluigi is a garbage character that everyone hates

Sakurai loves the fans and values their opinion. It's why he decided the whole roster on the ballot. I don't think he'd just ignore Waluigi because he doesn't think he can make him playable, he made ridley playable.
I can Agree With This!

During The Days of Brawl or Smash Wii U/3DS..Heck,Even MELEE Technically..Sakurai Didn’t Really Know Just How Badly People Wanted to See Waluigi Become a Playable Character,Which Is Why Time after Time..He’d Always Get That Role of Being an Assist Trophy.

But Ever Since 2018 (and That Unfortunate Misunderstanding Between Waluigi Fans and Smash Fans That People SOMEHOW Still Believe To Be Harassment or Threats of Some Kind..) Not Just Sakurai,But NINTENDO Became Fully Aware of Just How Much People Would THOROUGHLY Enjoy Having Waluigi Be a Fighter In Smash! No Matter Base Game OR DLC.

They’ve Been Aware BEFORE Fighters Pass 1 Ever Started If I’m Not Mistaken.

These Fan Rules Keep on Getting Dunked on By Sakurai,The Smash Team,and Nintendo.
  • Min Min and Pyra/Mythra Proving That Spirits DON’T Deconfirm or That Spirits Appearing In a Themed Spirit Event CAN Be Eligible For DLC.
  • The Mii Costume Rule (TECHNICALLY) Being Broken Because of Sakurai Mentioning That REX Was Originally The Character for CP9 (WITH Pyra/Mythra Tagging Along) But Couldn’t Add Him Due to Problems with The Game’s Limitations,Which CLEARLY Says To Me They Could Upgrade a Mii Costume to a Fighter If They Wanted To.
All That Remains Is The “Assist Trophies Can’t Be Upgraded within the Same Game/Can’t Be DLC” Fan Rule. And I’d see NO OTHER Character Fitting To Knock it Down than The Purple Wonder Himself.

Seriously Though…Why do People Jump To The Assumption That Sakurai HATES Waluigi? If He Truly Hated Him,I feel Like He wouldn’t Be In The Game AT ALL.

Last edited:

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
Hello Everyone! I’m New To The Server (And Just SmashBoards In General lol) I’m a Fellow Waluigi Supporter and Think He Could Very Well Be Our Final Fighter (Challenger Pack 11) For FP2! Things are Looking Pretty Solid for Em’ So Far!

I find It REEEAAAL Interesting How The Red Shell Hat DIDN’T Appear In Kazuya’s Mii Costume Round.
Welcome! It’s always nice to have more supporters on this thread to talk too! :)

Top Bottom