• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Wah-volution!: NEW Waluigi Support Thread

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Guess we'll be here for a while longer.

I'm alright with Tekken. As for the leaks that came up shortly before the Direct, I'm very hesitant to believe anyone, or anything, that somehow managed to miss Kazuya. Far as I'm concerned, we're in the same position we were before E3.
We have to be hopeful, there's still a chance that we could get Waluigi.

I would say to lower your expectations a little bit more, but Master Chief is not in the game, so there's no reliable leak to say that Waluigi can't be the last fighter.

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
Waluigi is in Mario Golf and Mario Party Superstars. So there wasn't "no" Waluigi.
Oh true! That totally went over my head.
Do you not get it yet? Verge trolled the master chief fans lmao. The guy lost his source years ago. I don’t know why people even believed other than the fact they got their hopes up for Master Chief (I wanted to believe him but figured it was a lie lol) I’m guessing the last fighter is first party (probably Waluigi) or Crash
Tinfoil hat theory time and kinda reaching but I think the last character may actually be a first party as well. So far we've had 2 third party fighters (now three with Kazuya) and two first party fighters in Fighters Pass 2. Maybe this will end with 3 third party fighters and 3 first party fighters? Maybe Waluigi could be that third first party fighter. Probably will, probably not, i dunno I thought that was interesting

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Oh true! That totally went over my head.

Tinfoil hat theory time and kinda reaching but I think the last character may actually be a first party as well. So far we've had 2 third party fighters (now three with Kazuya) and two first party fighters in Fighters Pass 2. Maybe this will end with 3 third party fighters and 3 first party fighters? Maybe Waluigi could be that third first party fighter. Probably will, probably not, i dunno I thought that was interesting
Waluigi fits well with the typical pattern for DLC, so I think he could still make it.

Basically we always get a 2D fighting game character, a fan requested character, at least one first party promotion and a character from a popular game to appeal to the masses. This has held up so far except for the fan requested character.

Of course it's just a pattern, but it seems like how they usually pick DLC.

Last edited:

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
I’m not going to lie I really thought this E3 was Waluigi’s best chance of getting in. Of course no new information has indicated anything against him, but our theories about the timing of the Waluigi merch and Mario golf don’t hold water anymore, unless we assume their timeline is just jacked up from COVID and that stuff wasn’t really timed up correctly with his reveal.

he’s still possible of course, I’m just less confident now.

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
He's in Mario Golf and Mario Party, I think it's fine. We've been seeing a lot of Waluigi in Nintendo's recent games.
He’s always in those and always has been, I was hoping for something new! I’m not disappointed, i think Nintendo has been killing it for Waluigi fans lately I just want him to get something new whether it’s smash, being in a Wario game, or getting his own game.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
I’m not going to lie I really thought this E3 was Waluigi’s best chance of getting in. Of course no new information has indicated anything against him, but our theories about the timing of the Waluigi merch and Mario golf don’t hold water anymore, unless we assume their timeline is just jacked up from COVID and that stuff wasn’t really timed up correctly with his reveal.

he’s still possible of course, I’m just less confident now.
I don't think E3 was his only chance. My theory is that Waluigi required so much work that a reveal at E3 just wasn't feasible. I feel like they would have done both reveals if they could.

I'm not saying Waluigi is 100% CP11, just IF it's him that's why. They've never promoted an AT in the same game before. The amount of readjustment this might require is more than you think, there are plenty of times where Waluigi's trophy appears throughout the game, like Spirit events, they also have to program the trophy out of the game and give him "fighter spirits"

Of course there's gonna be fearmongering of "Gen 8 pokemon confirmed since there weren't 2 reveals at E3" can't wait for that.

Also if you think about it, Waluigi's just a mario character. He's only a "bombshell announcement' because people want him and don't think he's likely. Really it's not the biggest collaboration they could do.

But I don't think he's particularly likely, it's like 50/50 at this point. I feel like they might reject him just because it would be harder to market.

Last edited:

Chocosta

Smash Apprentice
The presentation was fine, I was expecting more tbh like Donkey Kong and Wario Land but we got Wario Ware instead... the series is cool especially the one on the gamecube so why not (still no Waluigi though lol)

SMT V and Mario Party were my favorites announcement especially MP : they did exactly what they had to do : going back to the past to make sure that the series got its charm back and it worked ! I wasn't hyped by SMP but this one, just because of the fact that they brought back the MP64 stages and mini-games which is basically the golden era of the MP series (alongside the Gamecube games), I'm going to buy it. They used nostalgia and it worked ! Thank you for saving Mario Party, Nintendo ! Now let's hope that Paper Mario get fixed next

I don't really care by the Tekken character because I only played like 20 minutes of Tekken in my life and so far, the FP2 is really not as good as the FP1 imo. FP1 had Joker, Hero, Banjo Kazooie and Terry while Sephiroth is the only announcement I loved in FP2... very surprised that only one character got announced though, which means that it's not over yet which is annoying tbh...

As for Waluigi, just as I expected, there was nothing about him... 3 years and still nothing happened. I'm honestly done at this point. I give up.
I don't want to wait for a few months so I'm done with this ****, smash speculation scene is really getting annoying because people keep talking about smash and because of the fact that there is one character left, people are gonna speculate A LOT about smash bros... yeah, I'm pretty done with it. All I'm gonna say now is that maybe Waluigi could be the final fighter because they will probably reveal the last character in a random announcement in october/november and it's usually a Nintendo character and not a huge ass character like Master Chief, Crash, Sora, Doomslayer... so maybe it could be the time for Waluigi... or maybe it's going to be a 8G Pokémon or some other Nintendo promotional pick.

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
So the presentation was okay, I w
8/10 for me. Most of the things that I expected were revealed.

-loved the new Mario Party game, looks like a step up from Super Mario Party, I also love that it has online matchmaking, that's a series first and it should have been there years ago.

-loved the Warioware announcement

-loved the BOTW 2 news, wasn't expecting it so it was a pleasant surprise.

-liked the Smash character, I kind of wish they would have went for Heihachi but I get that Kazuya is considered the protagonist and all. Looks like a technical
character so I'm not sure if I would be good with them.

Last edited:

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
Just so you guys know, Kazuya is Namco and Lloyd’s mii costume is probably going to return with him cause it’s Namco. The only mii costume left is the red shell mii hat. Which is first party...and Mario related.

Last edited:

Chocosta

Smash Apprentice
Just so you guys know, Kazuya is Namco and Lloyd’s mii costume is probably going to return with him cause it’s Namco. The only mii costume left is the red shell mii hat. Which is first party...and Mario related.
Also the fact that the last character will probably be revealed in a random announcement in a few months (the same type of announcement byleth, steve got) so I think that the idea of getting a huge 3rd party character like MC or Sora is dead so we will probably either get a lesser known character or a Nintendo character
I said that I didn't want to do speculation anymore but the future could be interesting 👀

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
Also the fact that the last character will probably be revealed in a random announcement in a few months (the same type of announcement byleth, steve got) so I think that the idea of getting a huge 3rd party character like MC or Sora is dead so we will probably either get a lesser known character or a Nintendo character
I said that I didn't want to do speculation anymore but the future could be interesting 👀
I wonder if they will bring back the red shell hat though.

Chocosta

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if they will bring back the red shell hat though.
They seem to bring back every mii costumes/hats from the previous game so the red shell hat will probably come back too. Lloyd will probably come with the Tekken fighter while the last mii costume (red shell hat) could come with the last character of the game (Waluigi) and then, every mii costumes would be back. Notice how they bring back every SSB4 costumes from video games and the only ones left are Lloyd who will probably be in the next wave and the red shell hat who will probably come with the 6th fighter

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
They seem to bring back every mii costumes/hats from the previous game so the red shell hat will probably come back too. Lloyd will probably come with the Tekken fighter while the last mii costume (red shell hat) could come with the last character of the game (Waluigi) and then, every mii costumes would be back. Notice how they bring back every SSB4 costumes from video games and the only ones left are Lloyd who will probably be in the next wave and the red shell hat who will probably come with the 6th fighter
I really hope it’s Waluigi, but I think it’s hilarious we have to have hope in a mii hat. Lmao

Chocosta

Smash Apprentice
I really hope it’s Waluigi, but I think it’s hilarious we have to have hope in a mii hat. Lmao
That and the fact that the last character is probably 1st party...
Btw, they seem bring back themed costumes that come from video games but not generic ones (by that, I mean animal hats, hoodies, suits...) so the red shell hat will likely come back

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
I think the red shell can only come back if Waluigi is involved somehow. I mean, they can release it with kazuya, for example, but it doesn't make sense. So far, the Mii Fighter waves for FP2 have had 'themes', in a way. Min Min's wave was fighter/brawler themed (not counting Vault Boy or Marie), Steven's wave was Minecraft/sword-user themed (not counting Bomberman), Sephiroth's wave was Square-Enix themed, and Pyra and Mythra's wave was Capcom themed(?, kind of weird, I was gonna call this sword-user themed 2 but whatever, Capcom themed works).

My guess is that Kazuya's Mii wave will be Bandai Namco themed, and there we'll get the Lloyd Mii (I'd love a Dig Dug or Mappy mii costume). Fast-Forward a few months after Waluigi is announced, his Mii wave will be Mario themed and we'll get the red shell hat there, among new costumes (Toadette costume, Mario Golf outfit for the miis, Deluxe Mii of SM64 Mario similar to Bomberman are some ideas).

It's more tinfoil hat speculation I know, but it works with all the challenger packs, sort of. I can't come up with a theme for Banjo & Kazooie, they're the only character with a really diverse Mii wave. But hey, maybe Sakurai will say screw it and randomly drop the red shell mii hat with whoever the final character is and they have no relation to the Mario universe. Either way I guess we're just gonna have to play the waiting game for now

Last edited:

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
Is the red shell hat the ONLY Mii hat/costume missing from Sm4sh? I know with Lloyd there will be no more missing costumes but the shell is a hat. Is it the last hat as well or are there others? Because it does seem promising to speculate on it but it isn’t a costume it’s a hat so if there are other missing hats it doesn’t really hold the same weight as it would if it were the last missing costume or something.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Is the red shell hat the ONLY Mii hat/costume missing from Sm4sh? I know with Lloyd there will be no more missing costumes but the shell is a hat. Is it the last hat as well or are there others? Because it does seem promising to speculate on it but it isn’t a costume it’s a hat so if there are other missing hats it doesn’t really hold the same weight as it would if it were the last missing costume or something.
Some generic outfits like the bovine skull are missing, but Lloyd and the red shell are the only game-specific ones missing.

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
Isn’t it just the game themed ones that are coming back?
Oh you’re right that’s probably an important distinction to make. If it’s the only game-series specific Mii item missing then that’s something, especially since it’s already likely that the last character will be 1st party

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
Oh you’re right that’s probably an important distinction to make. If it’s the only game-series specific Mii item missing then that’s something, especially since it’s already likely that the last character will be 1st party
There's a thread on here that list all of the missing mii costume/hats. https://smashboards.com/threads/missing-mii-costumes.482411/

It's true. Lloyd and the red shell are the only non-generic costumes that haven't come back. And those are the only ones they have been bringing back.

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Isn't the K rool costume also missing? (Probably was cut cus K rool is in the game now so I doubt that one will return but who knows)
It's possible that may just get lumped in with the red shell one too since Donkey Kong is a series that's still tied to/technically part of the Mario series,
Though like I said more than likely it's been cut permanently.

Still, suppose it could fit for Waluigi in case they wanna make the Mario theming apply to the costumes too, considering it would be another (sort of) Mario character and a villain/enemy to boot

[Edit]. I double check the wiki, it seems to be in ultimate, sorry lol

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Waluigi's likleihood has gone down from like 60% to 50% in my opinion.

I honestly don't think no e3 double reveal means anything for him, since the next character definitely wasn't ready, but I do feel like CP11 could be other characters, I still think currently the most likely character is Waluigi. But it still could be Master Chief for example, even though vergeben leak was wrong, either a troll or not made by him. I still don't think he makes no sense as a fighter. CP11 could be even another Square Character for all we know.

But even if we don't get Waluigi, I'll still be optimistic about it, there are plenty of games you can play as Waluigi in even if Smash isn't one of them. I think the fact that we got Tekken and Minecraft characters is very cool.

But you know, basically every character in this pass has been unpredictable and Waluigi does fit with the fighter pass pattern, so we'll see.

Plus there's a ton of reasons Waluigi could be turned down that do make some sense, it's just whether Sakurai or Nintendo care about those reasons. There's definitely enough requests for him.

Last edited:

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
It can't be Master Chief, that means Microsoft gains two characters in the same Fighter Pass.

And I don't think we'll see 3rd party companies double dip in the same season.

1st party characters are in a much better position, especially Waluigi.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
It can't be Master Chief, that means Microsoft gains two characters in the same Fighter Pass.

And I don't think we'll see 3rd party companies double dip in the same season.

1st party characters are in a much better position, especially Waluigi.
Fan rules have been broken before. Not that I want Master chief, but I’m just saying you never know with Sakurai.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The two characters to get surprise reveals alone are both characters I feel Nintendo were betting big on - Byleth as an advert for FE, and Steve as an advert for Smash itself. Waluigi feels to me like he could fit that criteria too, but instead as a way of advertising the DLC to more casual fans who only have the base game.

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
Feels like I've been seeing more and more people support or air the idea that Waluigi will be the final character - a good chunk of them being people who didn't seem outwardly big on the idea to begin with.
I’ve noticed this too. I think it’s going to happen, it just fits so well to add Waluigi and finish off with the “everyone is here” slogan. That and we have a solid idea that the last character will be first party, potentially a Mario rep (since the red shell hat is the last Mii cosmetic missing, assuming Lloyd comes with this next Sakurai presents)

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
I think the last character just wasn’t ready to be shown off yet, because it’s only been a 4 month gap between Pyra/Mythra and Kazuya. While the 2019 E3 had two characters because there was a 6 month gap between Joker and Hero. That seems like enough time to show off both. But here, 4 months just wasn’t enough.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
This whole forum suddenly became all doom and gloom after yesterday’s announcement. I notice that some character support threads have given up hope for their character. It’s kinda depressing...However I’m not giving up hope for Waluigi. I still have faith he can make it in.

And I know this is gonna sound sad and desperate...Well, because I AM desperate. But I’m putting faith in the Paragon leak. I want to stay optimistic, I want Waluigi so badly to be playable in this game. If he’s not the last one, I’m probably just gonna move on. It’ll be a long time before another smash game happens, if at all. I’m staying till the bitter end!

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
This whole forum suddenly became all doom and gloom after yesterday’s announcement. I notice that some character support threads have given up hope for their character. It’s kinda depressing...However I’m not giving up hope for Waluigi. I still have faith he can make it in.

And I know this is gonna sound sad and desperate...Well, because I AM desperate. But I’m putting faith in the Paragon leak. I want to stay optimistic, I want Waluigi so badly to be playable in this game. If he’s not the last one, I’m probably just gonna move on. It’ll be a long time before another smash game happens, if at all. I’m staying till the bitter end!
I still believe the paragon leak to be true. They got everything else right, and said Waluigi was last, not knowing at the time that FP2 was a thing. Well here we are in FP2, where the last character is likely first party... and the only missing game specific Mii item is about to be the red koopa shell, which is from the game series as Waluigi. Definitely some interesting speculation to be had here.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
I still believe the paragon leak to be true. They got everything else right, and said Waluigi was last, not knowing at the time that FP2 was a thing. Well here we are in FP2, where the last character is likely first party... and the only missing game specific Mii item is about to be the red koopa shell, which is from the game series as Waluigi. Definitely some interesting speculation to be had here.
It’s the only thing to cling onto for hope at this point. If it was wrong a long time ago, I wouldn’t put stock in it. But it hasn’t really been disproven. It got everything right apart from the undertale bit being a fighter, but that was because he misinterpreted it to being a fighter because he had access to the music track. The only thing that hasn’t come true yet is Waluigi which he said on discord was “last”. So pray for you boy! 🙏

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Honestly Kazuya being revealed alone only raised my hopes for Waluigi. It makes sense that they would reveal Kazuya separate from him as for both reveals to have more impact. That, and I guess if I were Sakurai, I would want to save the last reveal for its own thing so it can have all the spotlight, especially if it were someone like Wah with a huge following in both the casual and hardcore Smash scenes-and even among non-Smash players.
That, or Waluigi is just taking longer to develop. Someone like Kazuya has much more source material to base a moveset on than Waluigi.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman

It's not over yet.
Yes, it's awesome that Waluigi is consistently making appearances in the Mario Spin-offs, but I have accumulated over 3000 hours of gameplay on Smash Ultimate.
It's my favorite game, and Smash is my absolute favorite series, so I really do need and want Waluigi in the game, he's been a big part of my childhood playing games like Mario Party 3 on N64 and Mario Kart Double Dash on GCN.
I'm grateful for Sakurai and the development team for their continued support on this game, and I don't even hate any character.
I bought both Fighters Pass 1 and 2, and I loved every addition so far.
And I absolutely believe that Waluigi is still in this, I'll go ahead and say it, Waluigi chances of becoming DLC is 100%. I ****ing called Min Min being a Smash character before the Smash Ultimate teaser on March 2018, and I can just picture Waluigi as the last character on the css.

There's still Mario Party Superstars releasing on October 29th, that game has 5 boards from the N64 games, which means "Waluigi's Island" is a potential candidate for the game, they've confirmed 3 boards already:
Birthday Cake from Mario Party 1
Space Land from Mario Party 2
Woody Woods from Mario Party 3
I personally would prefer the last two be:
Horror Land from Mario Party 2
Waluigi's Island from Mario Party 3

There's still the missing Luigi's Mansion 3 Spirits.
And also the fact that we've got Min Min and Pyra/Mythra as 1st party DLC Fighters, while Waluigi is still missing when he has a lot going for him, he already has his own model in game (Which will shorten and ease the development process on him) and he's super recognizable and wanted for Smash.

I'm telling you, Waluigi is the last fighter.

Top Bottom