• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Wah-volution!: NEW Waluigi Support Thread

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
I'm also nervous about Tuesday. I'm really hoping for the best and that after all of this time, we'll finally get to see Waluigi join the brawl. It's really crazy and scary to think that Nintendo may actually reveal both characters in two days, and one of those characters could be the Wah himself.

I'm also at a 50/50, I want to be excited but I don't want to get my hopes up. Either way, I'm cautiously optimistic and hoping to see some purple! :waluigirose:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
I'm also nervous about Tuesday. I'm really hoping for the best and that after all of this time, we'll finally get to see Waluigi join the brawl. It's really crazy and scary to think that Nintendo may actually reveal both characters in two days, and one of those characters could be the Wah himself.

I'm also at a 50/50, I want to be excited but I don't want to get my hopes up. Either way, I'm cautiously optimistic and hoping to see some purple! :waluigirose:

I'm pretty optimistic about Waluigi but pretty much everywhere I share my opinion about this people disagree with me. Waluigi is viewed as unlikely by the majority of the community, even the creator of this support thread has expressed disbelief that he's coming.

I don't think Waluigi is likely just because I hope he's in. There are a number of reasons I think he might be coming. I wouldn't even say he's my most wanted. Just my most likely most wanted.

So yeah, Tuesday will be interesting to see if he gets revealed. I can't imagine the reaction. I'm really excited to see how this all turns out.

Last edited:

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty optimistic about Waluigi but pretty much everywhere I share my opinion about this people disagree with me. Waluigi is viewed as unlikely by the majority of the community, even the creator of this support thread has expressed disbelief that he's coming.

I don't think Waluigi is likely just because I hope he's in. There are a number of reasons I think he might be coming. I wouldn't even say he's my most wanted. Just my most likely most wanted.

So yeah, Tuesday will be interesting to see if he gets revealed. I can't imagine the reaction. I'm really excited to see how this all turns out.
I think a lot of people are just stuck in the mindset that assist trophies deconfirm, and therefore they just ignore any and all speculation surrounding Waluigi. That and they don’t want him to take up a spot that one of their precious “hype” random obscure 3rd party characters could have instead, so they just disregard him.

speculation is weird like that, not only do people tend to think characters they want = likely and characters they don’t want = unlikely, they also tend to get upset and try to shut you up if you talk about characters they don’t want. It makes no sense, seems like most people would prefer their place of speculation to be an echo chamber or something.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
We'll see.
I have always believed that Waluigi was gonna make the cut in a second Fighters Pass, and I got ridiculed on Gamefaqs for even entertaining the idea of a second Fighters Pass.

I'm optimistic and feel very confident based on a lot of factors, but if Waluigi doesn't join Ultimate as a DLC fighter I'll honestly be pretty upset, but oh well.

Btw, I'd like to be added to the supporters list, I've been a Waluigi fan since Mario Party 3.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace

Waluigi was namedropped in the new Mario Golf trailer, I don't think they usually pay this much attention to him in trailers.

Last edited:

walugurl

Smash Journeyman

Waluigi was namedropped in the new Mario Golf trailer, I don't think they usually pay this much attention to him in trailers.
That ad was actually pretty funny.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem

That's true, this may be the first time ever in a commercial (presumably a commercial made for tv too) where Waluigi was not only name dropped but made the focus of one part of it, in pretty much every other commercial for a spin off game he's either just scene for a brief second in the background as a character in a match or something, or just completely absent in general.

an interesting thing of note i suppose

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
You know, with how hard they’re pushing this mario golf game I’m pretty confident in Waluigi now. My biggest doubt for a long time was that Nintendo tends to choose promotional picks for first party DLC, which didn’t really fit for Waluigi. With how hard it seems they want to promote Mario Golf, Waluigi as a smash DLC character would be a perfect way to further promote it. Not to mention how much money he would make them as DLC alone due to the massive fan demand for him! It’s just extremely suspicious that they reveal Mario golf awhile back, hype it up leading up to E3, and then it releases several weeks after E3. Seems like a setup for a smash reveal to me. Could be creating a narrative that isn’t there, but we can’t deny that it certainly fits.

he’s not guaranteed for sure but I feel like he is extremely underrated right now across social media/speculation circles, just because of his base game AT status.

Last edited:

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
You know, with how hard they’re pushing this mario golf game I’m pretty confident in Waluigi now. My biggest doubt for a long time was that Nintendo tends to choose promotional picks for first party DLC, which didn’t really fit for Waluigi. With how hard it seems they want to promote Mario Golf, Waluigi as a smash DLC character would be a perfect way to further promote it. Not to mention how much money he would make them as DLC alone due to the massive fan demand for him! It’s just extremely suspicious that they reveal Mario golf awhile back, hype it up leading up to E3, and then it releases several weeks after E3. Seems like a setup for a smash reveal to me. Could be creating a narrative that isn’t there, but we can’t deny that it certainly fits.

he’s not guaranteed for sure but I feel like he is extremely underrated right now across social media/speculation circles, just because of his base game AT status.
Golden sun fans said it usually doesn’t take them three years to announce their next game. I wonder if Nintendo wanted them to hold it back for a release around E3...

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
I’m so nervous lol. This is the first time that I actually feel like Waluigi is likely beyond me just hoping for it to happen. I’ve always thought that he’s a matter of when, not if, but this specific time everything is just falling into place so perfectly.. and all we can do is wait and see

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
Also there are 2 privated videos in the Sakurai playlist on Nintendo’s YouTube. Seems like we might be getting both of the final 2 characters tomorrow after all.

Last edited:

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
They better reveal both of them, cause I’m tired of keeping hope for dlc that keeps dragging on and on. I want some closure on this damn game already! Whether Waluigi makes it in or not.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Also there are 2 privated videos in the Sakurai playlist on Nintendo’s YouTube. Seems like we might be getting both of the final 2 characters tomorrow after all.
Then tbh, I'm confident that we are getting a secret bonus fighter after these characters release (which I would imagine would be fore the end of the year), cus to announce both of them at e3 when these are presumably the last characters seems a bit like it would end sooner then expected, whereas if we have a bonus that would probably be able to fill up the rest of this year in terms of content and wrap up the dlc nicely.

Once again a reminder that this just speculative, but going off of the stuff with the website and everything, I still think it's possible and likely but I won't say it's concrete just yet.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
Then tbh, I'm confident that we are getting a secret bonus fighter after these characters release (which I would imagine would be fore the end of the year), cus to announce both of them at e3 when these are presumably the last characters seems a bit like it would end sooner then expected, whereas if we have a bonus that would probably be able to fill up the rest of this year in terms of content and wrap up the dlc nicely.

Once again a reminder that this just speculative, but going off of the stuff with the website and everything, I still think it's possible and likely but I won't say it's concrete just yet.
I really don’t think there’s a bonus fighter, if anything 11 is the bonus fighter cause of how it was shown off. And hopefully it’s Waluigi. I just want it all to end, I want don’t them to drag the dlc out any longer.

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman

I personally think either the 6th fighter of this pass is the “bonus”, or it’s just a matter of semantics and the bonus fighter isn’t necessarily the last fighter, but rather between 10 and 11. If I recall I’m pretty sure Sakurai has said multiple times that there is no more content after “the last 2 fighters”, but I’m not sure that he exclusively said that there couldn’t be anything extra between them.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
I really think the 6th slot was added just because of Waluigi. A lot of people want him in the game but he doesn't really serve much promotional benefit for Nintendo. What better thing to do than add a 6th slot just for him and add all of the promotional characters before that.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
I really think the 6th slot was added just because of Waluigi. A lot of people want him in the game but he doesn't really serve much promotional benefit for Nintendo. What better thing to do than add a 6th slot just for him and add all of the promotional characters before that.
Waluigi could be a promotional character cause we got Mario golf super rush.

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
One last reaching point of speculation before the potential end of it all tomorrow, but this is the same switch that Waluigi was used in the video for right? He’s in!!!!

(obviously I know this means nothing but amidst everything else going on with Waluigi it’s funny that OF COURSE Doug Bowser just happens to use the purple switch in his E3 tweet lol)

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
One last reaching point of speculation before the potential end of it all tomorrow, but this is the same switch that Waluigi was used in the video for right? He’s in!!!!

(obviously I know this means nothing but amidst everything else going on with Waluigi it’s funny that OF COURSE Doug Bowser just happens to use the purple switch in his E3 tweet lol)
Honestly I could see Doug Bowser announcing Waluigi in Smash.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Here's to hoping Waluigi gets announced at E3! I've been keeping up to date with this thread and been seeing the possible hints correlating to Banjo & Kazooie 2 years ago. I'm staying cautiously optimistic while hoping our dream of seeing Waluigi get his moment in the spotlight at long last.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Even Waluigi is not CP11, I got to say I'm pretty hyped today if the rumors about the CP10 are true.

They made a really cool choice.

Last edited:

Chocosta

Smash Apprentice
Today is (probably) the final day. I'm not really nervous about Waluigi's inclusion in smash bros because I don't really expect him judging by how little Nintendo cares. I'm only expecting a swordfighter from a 90s japanese game that got localised recently and the UNPREDICTABLE, SURPRISING, SHOCKING arrival of Crash. Yay, woohoo.

I'm more interested in other news

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Today is (probably) the final day. I'm not really nervous about Waluigi's inclusion in smash bros because I don't really expect him judging by how little Nintendo cares. I'm only expecting a swordfighter from a 90s japanese game that got localised recently and the UNPREDICTABLE, SURPRISING, SHOCKING arrival of Crash. Yay, woohoo.

I'm more interested in other news

I wouldn't get your expectations down.

It was already leaked. And I wouldn't say it's a "Japanese sword character" or "Crash Bandicoot"

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
So CP10 is the Tekken guy. If the leak is correct that means CP11 is Master Chief.

Oh well, Waluigi didn't get in this time I guess. That's fine, there's always next game. I've gotta say I'm not overly disappointed with who they chose at least.

Even as someone who really wanted Waluigi, they made great choices for the DLC and I'm happy with it.

Gotta say I'm surprised it wasn't Heihachi, but Tekken coming to Smash is great!

Plus there's always Mario Golf and we can play as Waluigi there!

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Why is it gone?
Because if Vergeben is right, CP11 is Master Chief not Waluigi.

Honestly I'm fine with it. We can play as Waluigi in Mario Golf Super Rush and Mario Party Superstar, it's not all bad.

Last edited:

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
Because if Vergeben is right, CP11 is Master Chief not Waluigi.

Honestly I'm fine with it. We can play as Waluigi in Mario Golf Super Rush and Mario Party Superstar, it's not all bad.
But it was a tekken character.

edit: my bad I didn’t see tou say cp11.

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
But it was a tekken character.

edit: my bad I didn’t see tou say cp11.
Honestly I don't think the Assist Rule is correct, I think Sakurai just turned down Waluigi because he couldn't make him work as a character. We could still get AT in future games or DLC for Smash 6

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
So only one reveal? I guess there's a chance the last one could still be Waluigi, but that would be assuming everything Vergeben said was wrong.

Here's to hoping, I guess.

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
That Direct was dope. No Waluigi unfortunately but Metroid, Mario Party, ADVANCE WARS?? Man it was good. I think the Tekken character is cool, although I would have preferred Heihachi. We still got one more fighter to be announced (and the possibility of a bonus fighter but I'm not too sure it'll happen), hopefully we'll get some kind of miracle for Waluigi.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
That Direct was dope. No Waluigi unfortunately but Metroid, Mario Party, ADVANCE WARS?? Man it was good. I think the Tekken character is cool, although I would have preferred Heihachi. We still got one more fighter to be announced (and the possibility of a bonus fighter but I'm not too sure it'll happen), hopefully we'll get some kind of miracle for Waluigi.
Waluigi is in Mario Golf and Mario Party Superstars. So there wasn't "no" Waluigi.

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
So only one reveal? I guess there's a chance the last one could still be Waluigi, but that would be assuming everything Vergeben said was wrong.

Here's to hoping, I guess.
Do you not get it yet? Verge trolled the master chief fans lmao. The guy lost his source years ago. I don’t know why people even believed other than the fact they got their hopes up for Master Chief (I wanted to believe him but figured it was a lie lol) I’m guessing the last fighter is first party (probably Waluigi) or Crash

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Do you not get it yet? Verge trolled the master chief fans lmao. The guy lost his source years ago. I don’t know why people even believed other than the fact they got their hopes up for Master Chief (I wanted to believe him but figured it was a lie lol) I’m guessing the last fighter is first party (probably Waluigi) or Crash
Yeah, It does give me some hope that Waluigi will be CP11. I feel like there would have been a double reveal if the next fighter didn't require a lot of programming.

Waluigi would require them to remove a lot of spirits and his trophy, so if I had to guess, that might be why they didn't reveal him if he's CP11. Cause if they did, it would take a while for him to be finished.

Last edited:

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so we still have to wait months for the last one, huh? Man...Well at least the Master chief leak was wrong, there is still hope.

warubyun

Smash Apprentice
Guess we'll be here for a while longer.

I'm alright with Tekken. As for the leaks that came up shortly before the Direct, I'm very hesitant to believe anyone, or anything, that somehow managed to miss Kazuya. Far as I'm concerned, we're in the same position we were before E3.

Top Bottom