• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Wah-volution!: NEW Waluigi Support Thread

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Anyone else ever think about this and get slightly sad/annoyed? I’ve wanted Waluigi in smash for so long, and he clearly deserves it. He’s a mainstay in games with these other 7, who are ALL in smash. Waluigi is the only one who isn’t. Just put him in already lmao. It can get even worse with more recent titles where there will be these other 7 + Diddy, Bowser Jr, and Bowser, driving the total up to 10 characters that are in smash with Waluigi being excluded, yet was in these other spin-off titles first :( he just makes so much sense to be in smash bros idk how it’s the only spin-off that refuses to add him to the roster.View attachment 321823
Well, Toad is the only Mario Kart 64 character who's not playable in Smash, I'd argue it's more important.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It's funny for me- Waluigi would be great to see...and I am intrigued by the character, the moveset, the personality... I have been invested in him since his first game in Tennis 64, which I remember quite fondly... all of it is a win.
But I still want Captain Toad in more.
I wish we had gotten him instead of Piranha Plant, even if I love Plant, and love to say I love Plant.

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
Well, Toad is the only Mario Kart 64 character who's not playable in Smash, I'd argue it's more important.
Toad would be cool to see as well. In my mind they’re pretty comparable in terms of importance… lately Nintendo gives Waluigi a lot more attention though and he definitely has more fan demand than Toad. Regardless, no offense to plant mains but both of these characters would’ve been way better picks than plant imo.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Toad would be cool to see as well. In my mind they’re pretty comparable in terms of importance… lately Nintendo gives Waluigi a lot more attention though and he definitely has more fan demand than Toad. Regardless, no offense to plant mains but both of these characters would’ve been way better picks than plant imo.
I've been saying for ages that Goomba would've been better. Still has that temporary funny factor, but also fits in the roster as an essential Nintendo and gaming all-star in the long run.

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
So anyone seen the new oled switch?
Yeah, it seems interesting for people who don’t currently have switches (built in ethernet port is great, it’s so stupid that this isn’t on the regular switch too), but I don’t see a reason for me to upgrade to this switch. The upgrades to the screen are nice I guess but I rarely play handheld. If I primarily played it handheld I would’ve gotten a lite lol. That being said if I didn’t currently own a switch and I was buying one I’d definitely splurge the extra 50 bucks for the nicer handheld gameplay and ethernet port (spent 20-30 bucks on an adapter anyways)

edit- I should also mention that it just looks great in general, the optional white color scheme is really cool. So that’s another reason I’d get it if I didn’t already have a switch.

Last edited:

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
Am I the Only one who still has the whole “I can’t tell you that Because..” Thing from Charles Stuck in their head?

I still think about that from time-to-time.

Let alone Him talking about how It would be Done PERFECTLY If Sakurai was doing it.

warubyun

Smash Apprentice
Am I the Only one who still has the whole “I can’t tell you that Because..” Thing from Charles Stuck in their head?

I still think about that from time-to-time.

Let alone Him talking about how It would be Done PERFECTLY If Sakurai was doing it.
I think it is an interesting interview. However, it may just as well be that he can't tell us anything because he's been instructed not to get involved in Smash (or any other game with TBA details) discussion himself, as a man of relative authority on this particular scene - as to not give people ideas. Or he may have decided to make it a personal rule after so many years in the industry, seeing the conclusions that fans can draw from just mere smidgeons of info in developers' or VAs' statements. His unprompted jump to Waluigi is remarkable as well, since I believe the interviewer doesn't ask for any specific newcomer, but that could also be explained by other things: Waluigi being the closest remaining character to him that is yet to be playable in Smash, and that fans have asked him about it before.

In short, I definitely think it's intriguing, but it could also very well be nothing - like so many other things in Smash speculation.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else ever think about this and get slightly sad/annoyed? I’ve wanted Waluigi in smash for so long, and he clearly deserves it. He’s a mainstay in games with these other 7, who are ALL in smash. Waluigi is the only one who isn’t. Just put him in already lmao. It can get even worse with more recent titles where there will be these other 7 + Diddy, Bowser Jr, and Bowser, driving the total up to 10 characters that are in smash with Waluigi being excluded, yet was in these other spin-off titles first :( he just makes so much sense to be in smash bros idk how it’s the only spin-off that refuses to add him to the roster.View attachment 321823
This is absolutely why Waluigi’s exclusion in smash ultimate stings badly. He may not be in the main games, but he is treated equally to these characters in the spin off, he is generally a playable character and in the baseball/strikers games, he’s a captain like the rest of the main cast. And just recently in Mario golf super rush had a major role in the adventure mode. He is treated as a major character among the rest of the Mario fighters in these games. The only time he was neglected in the spin offs was Mario kart 7 which was also disrespectful to the character and there was backlash for that, but that’s another story.

I gave them the benefit of the doubt on smash 4 since they already had two Mario newcomers in that game (Rosalina amd Bowser jr.) so I thought “Okay, next game we’ll see Waluigi and Daisy as the Mario newcomers”. And then Ultimate happen and when Daisy showed up, I was excited because I thought Waluigi would be next...And then he was shown as an assist trophy again and it all went down hill from there. I was devastated and depressed for a few days and then it got worse when they showed that there was a second Mario newcomer and it was Pirahna plant...I had mix emotions of anger, confusion and sadness. I never had an opinion on Pirahna plant but now I hate it! This was absolutely the biggest slap in the face to people who wanted this character to get some recognition.

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
This is absolutely why Waluigi’s exclusion in smash ultimate stings badly. He may not be in the main games, but he is treated equally to these characters in the spin off, he is generally a playable character and in the baseball/strikers games, he’s a captain like the rest of the main cast. And just recently in Mario golf super rush had a major role in the adventure mode. He is treated as a major character among the rest of the Mario fighters in these games. The only time he was neglected in the spin offs was Mario kart 7 which was also disrespectful to the character and there was backlash for that, but that’s another story.

I gave them the benefit of the doubt on smash 4 since they already had two Mario newcomers in that game (Rosalina amd Bowser jr.) so I thought “Okay, next game we’ll see Waluigi and Daisy as the Mario newcomers”. And then Ultimate happen and when Daisy showed up, I was excited because I thought Waluigi would be next...And then he was shown as an assist trophy again and it all went down hill from there. I was devastated and depressed for a few days and then it got worse when they showed that there was a second Mario newcomer and it was Pirahna plant...I had mix emotions of anger, confusion and sadness. I never had an opinion on Pirahna plant but now I hate it! This was absolutely the biggest slap in the face to people who wanted this character to get some recognition.
I think the thing that irks me the most is you’ve got Waluigi, who has been patiently waiting to have a turn to be playable after being an assist trophy for over a decade, who also has been a part of Nintendo for 20+ years and has been playable in 50+ games. Majorly popular and has massive fan demand. Let’s look at the past 4 Mario newcomers:

1. Bowser jr- cool for being the main antagonist of Sunshine, some spin-off appearances, not as much history as Waluigi and no where near enough fan demand. Tbh I think they added him so they could add the koopalings.

2. Rosalina- represents Mario galaxy, is in spin-offs lately, nowhere near as much history as Waluigi, I don’t know a single person who ever asked for this character

3. Daisy- pretty much relegated to spin-off appearances like Waluigi, more history than Waluigi, less popular (though still popular) than Waluigi. In my mind this should’ve realistically been Waluigi’s spot. Making Daisy a full echo instead of doing the Olimar/Alph thing is really dumb, there is nothing different between the characters. No offense to Sakurai but he should’ve been more consistent; either Peach and Daisy should’ve been combined into one character via alts or Daisy should’ve been made slightly different. Peach/Daisy being combined to give Waluigi a spot would’ve been perfect Mario representation imo.

4. Piranha plant- lots of history but that’s about it. Literally who tf asked for this thing amidst fan outcry for Waluigi or even Toad. And honestly Piranha plant makes way more sense as an assist trophy vs the unique character with a massive fan base that has already been an assist trophy for 3 games. Wtf.

How Waluigi wasn’t one of these slots is a mystery to me. Sometimes I wonder if like some of the other characters Sakurai has mentioned before, maybe Waluigi was planned at some point and didn’t quite make the cut. But… when for 2 games in a row they add mediocre Mario picks over him I start to realize that I don’t think I want to know the answer to whether Waluigi has ever been truly considered or not. I think Sakurai has legit just thought of Waluigi as assist trophy material for the past decade. Maybe after all of the fan outcry and demand from the past several years he will finally come around and put him in as the last character.

Last edited:

Chocosta

Smash Apprentice
In Ultimate, Daisy as a unique fighter in base game, Waluigi as the bonus character and King Boo as paid DLC should have been the newcomers of the Mario series. Daisy is unique compared to Peach and she could have used some sports attacks, double jump, some attacks inspired by Super Mario Land... This mod for Brawl portrayed Daisy way better than Ultimate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXun-lx_q4Y
She could have been way more unique in the game just with her personality alone but nooo, they've made her "Orange Peach" and give a reason for dumb haters to attack her and fans.

Waluigi should have been the free bonus character instead of Piranha Plant who is in my opinion the worst addition in Smash history. There is literally no reason to add it other than "haha funny because it's just a plant xDDDD it's joke haha gey" and it created one of the most toxic meme in the smash bros fanbase, as if this fanbase wasn't cancerous enough. It's the worst addition ever without any doubt. Waluigi should have been in instead with Waluigi's Pinball music track coming with him but nooo, adding joke characters that people play for 2 minutes for jokes and then never touch it again instead of requested characters is a better idea.

And finally, King Boo is a DLC in the fighter pass releasing in October and he comes with LM3 spirit board and LM tracks. Just like the other DLCs, he could have a unique gimmick by using invisibility mechanic but nooo, it's just a big boo with a crown and it's not like LM is a popular series and LM3 has sold millions of copies.

This could have been perfect if it was like that but nooooo, we are talking about modern Nintendo.

Last edited:

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
In Ultimate, Daisy as a unique fighter in base game, Waluigi as the bonus character and King Boo as paid DLC should have been the newcomers of the Mario series. Daisy is unique compared to Peach and she could have used some sports attacks, double jump, some attacks inspired by Super Mario Land... This mod for Brawl portrayed Daisy way better than Ultimate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXun-lx_q4Y
She could have been way more unique in the game just with her personality alone but nooo, they've made her "Orange Peach" and give a reason for dumb haters to attack her and fans.

Waluigi should have been the free bonus character instead of Piranha Plant who is in my opinion the worst addition in Smash history. There is literally no reason to add it other than "haha funny because it's just a plant xDDDD it's joke haha gey" and it created one of the most toxic meme in the smash bros fanbase, as if this fanbase wasn't cancerous enough. It's the worst addition ever without any doubt. Waluigi should have been in instead with Waluigi's Pinball music track coming with him but nooo, adding joke characters that people play for 2 minutes for jokes and then never touch it again instead of requested characters is a better idea.

And finally, King Boo is a DLC in the fighter pass releasing in October and he comes with LM3 spirit board and LM tracks. Just like the other DLCs, he could have a unique gimmick by using invisibility mechanic but nooo, it's just a big boo with a crown and it's not like LM is a popular series and LM3 has sold millions of copies.

This could have been perfect if it was like that but nooooo, we are talking about modern Nintendo.
Your 2nd paragraph really hits the head on the nail. Not only is plant a joke character, he’s also a joke MARIO character. I have no clue who thought that was a good idea when there are plenty of well-liked and wanted Mario characters left to chose from like Waluigi, Toad, Captain Toad, King Boo… I’d have rather them went with Petey Piranha than a freaking basic piranha plant. I’m okay with joke characters when they’re from some random series or reference to something important to the game industry (G&W, ROB), but putting a joke character in from the biggest franchise in gaming that still has plenty of good reps waiting to get in was honestly, like you said, the worst addition they’ve ever made.

Last edited:

walugurl

Smash Journeyman

I also hate the fact that they even went and made it playable in Mario tennis aces, just after smash ultimate. Like as if they were trying to push for this character to become a playable staple or something. Nintendo, no one asked for this! Thankfully it’s not playable in Mario golf super rush and we got Pauline instead. Hopefully they realized Plant was a failed attempt.

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
I also hate the fact that they even went and made it playable in Mario tennis aces, just after smash ultimate. Like as if they were trying to push for this character to become a playable staple or something. Nintendo, no one asked for this! Thankfully it’s not playable in Mario golf super rush and we got Pauline instead. Hopefully they realized Plant was a failed attempt.
Lmao, I thought the same thing, but we haven’t seen the DLC yet…

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I said it before and I'll say it again:

If any generic enemy was to get in, it should have been a goomba.

It's way more iconic and important to the Mario series and brand as a whole, and arguably could have a pretty unique moveset like using the boots or dropping baby goombas and other stuff. But they wasted it on Piranha plant so now I hope they don't put another generic enemy in the game ever cus at that point it'll just been redundant.

But even then, still agreed Waluigi and Toadette/Toad should have gotten in first and already, and honestly even if they had gone with goomba, I still would be complaining for a goomba getting in first before Waluigi and Toadette/Toad

Last edited:

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
I said it before and I'll say it again:

If any generic enemy was to get in, it should have been a goomba.

It's way more iconic and important to the Mario series and brand as a whole, and arguably could have a pretty unique moveset like using the boots or dropping baby goombas and other stuff. But they wasted it on Piranha plant so now I hope they don't put another generic enemy in the game ever cus at that point it'll just been redundant.

But even then, still agreed Waluigi and Toadette/Toad should have gotten in first and already, and honestly even if they had gone with goomba, I still would be complaining for a goomba getting in first before Waluigi and Toadette/Toad
I just think having what is essentially a background enemy that is meant to be in a lower position from the main characters become a fighter before said main character (Waluigi) is really questionable and makes me wonder what their priorities even are.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I just think having what is essentially a background enemy that is meant to be in a lower position from the main characters become a fighter before said main character (Waluigi) is really questionable and makes me wonder what their priorities even are.
If Rosalina getting in before Daisy is anything to go by, they have no priorities

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
The fact it’s gonna take longer actually worries me. Like, what would they do to Waluigi with that much development time? How much would they need to change in the base game that involves his assist trophy?

I’m starting to wonder if it’s someone else...But that Mario sports trademark still has me confused about it.

Well, assuming Waluigi is indeed Fighter 11, then hypothetically what could be taking longer?

1. Yeah, the Assist Trophy thing would likely be acknowledged in some way. Turn it off when Waluigi is there, let it stay, replace it with a different character, there area good few options here, maybe even a few I haven't considered but yeah that's the deal and I'm sure they'd have to sort it out.

2. THIS IS A BIG THEORY that those in the speculation thread have heard me regurgitate a couple times but hear me out!

What if Waluigi's stage is NOT Waluigi Pinball, but Waluigi's Island from Mario Party 3?

793px-MP3_Waluigis_Island_Board.png

This would not only be a Waluigi stage, but ALSO double as a late Piranha Plant stage, and TRIPLE as "at long last, Smash has a Mario Party stage!".

And IF Waluigi's Island returns in Mario Party Superstars, then this would also quadruple as a promotional pick for MP Superstars!

And IF Waluigi truly is coming with more Mario Party content (the game as is I BELIEVE has one Mario Party song and like, 3 Mario Party specific spirits, two of which were the first post-release spirits. Collectively those spirits are MC Ballyhoo/Big Top, Dice Block and River Survival), then MAYBE Mario Party is incorporated into Waluigi's moveset, and THAT'S what's taking so long.

Like... Waluigi's moveset has all the friendship ruining elements of Mario Party in there somehow, making him the ultimate Mischief/Prankster/Troll character. Maybe he's got the tennis racket/golf club for some of his attacks sure, but his specials could well be Mario PARTY based and have some randomized element to it or some other Mario Party type thing.

Mario Party has been everpresent throughout Smash's lifetime, and yet it still has no meaningful content in Smash beyond A song and some trophies/spirits. Perhaps Waluigi will change that?

Also HI EVERYBODY! I support Waluigi and am willing to bet my Burger King that he is indeed the 11th and final.

Last edited:

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
This is interesting. Several of the colors within the statistical range could fit for Waluigi and most of the colors outside the statistical range could also fit for Waluigi. This along with missing red shell Mii hat, and 1 very recent game with Waluigi in it and another on the way (likely right around CP11’s release), along with all of our other speculation… I feel like it’s going to be Waluigi. We’ve just gotta wait and see. The speculation just keeps piling up in his favor, but we’ve got to be careful as to not do what the Geno fanbase did, which was interpret literally everything as a Geno hint and ended up assuming he was coming leading to massive disappointment. I feel like our speculation is a little more cut and dry and has some actual credence to it (ie, based more in fact, observation, etc, rather than subjective interpretation of things), but still.
1626358690085.png

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
This is interesting. Several of the colors within the statistical range could fit for Waluigi and most of the colors outside the statistical range could also fit for Waluigi. This along with missing red shell Mii hat, and 1 very recent game with Waluigi in it and another on the way (likely right around CP11’s release), along with all of our other speculation… I feel like it’s going to be Waluigi. We’ve just gotta wait and see. The speculation just keeps piling up in his favor, but we’ve got to be careful as to not do what the Geno fanbase did, which was interpret literally everything as a Geno hint and ended up assuming he was coming leading to massive disappointment. I feel like our speculation is a little more cut and dry and has some actual credence to it (ie, based more in fact, observation, etc, rather than subjective interpretation of things), but still.View attachment 322839

The one thing about this that I find odd is that in this supposed statistical range of colors, most of the colors fall into the red/blue/purple (mix of red and blue) spectrum, but the first three are more yellow/green spectrum and I don't understand what the deal is with those first three.

Then again, I'm not a mathmetician, epicmartin7 epicmartin7 is.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
This is interesting. Several of the colors within the statistical range could fit for Waluigi and most of the colors outside the statistical range could also fit for Waluigi. This along with missing red shell Mii hat, and 1 very recent game with Waluigi in it and another on the way (likely right around CP11’s release), along with all of our other speculation… I feel like it’s going to be Waluigi. We’ve just gotta wait and see. The speculation just keeps piling up in his favor, but we’ve got to be careful as to not do what the Geno fanbase did, which was interpret literally everything as a Geno hint and ended up assuming he was coming leading to massive disappointment. I feel like our speculation is a little more cut and dry and has some actual credence to it (ie, based more in fact, observation, etc, rather than subjective interpretation of things), but still.View attachment 322839
Eh, I think we're bordering into Geno territory now. Using maths to predict game reveals has never turned out well.

Last edited:

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I think we're bordering into Geno territory now. Using maths to predict game reveals has never turned out well.
Well yeah, I agree, I would never consider the math alone as a point of speculation. It’s merely interesting that we have found all of the Waluigi speculation that we have, and amidst that someone with some level of statistical knowledge found something that also seems to point somewhat to Waluigi. Again, alone it’s not interesting but it definitely does add some more fuel to the Waluigi for smash fire.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
The one thing about this that I find odd is that in this supposed statistical range of colors, most of the colors fall into the red/blue/purple (mix of red and blue) spectrum, but the first three are more yellow/green spectrum and I don't understand what the deal is with those first three.

Then again, I'm not a mathmetician, epicmartin7 epicmartin7 is.
So... this is going to take a bit of explaining.

TL;DR: Those colors are directly pulled from the equations. The later colors represent the different combinations of the earlier RGB values from the first three colors.

Yeah... this is stuff mainly for fun lmao. It's kind of a challenge for myself, but not something I'd take super seriously. There's definitely ways this stuff could get blown out the water with an official reveal lol.

Chocosta

Smash Apprentice
I think that the Legacy XP takedown, the Mario Sports trademark and the recent merchandises are already good infos. We should avoid getting Geno'd, especially right before the end.

Well, assuming Waluigi is indeed Fighter 11, then hypothetically what could be taking longer?

1. Yeah, the Assist Trophy thing would likely be acknowledged in some way. Turn it off when Waluigi is there, let it stay, replace it with a different character, there area good few options here, maybe even a few I haven't considered but yeah that's the deal and I'm sure they'd have to sort it out.

2. THIS IS A BIG THEORY that those in the speculation thread have heard me regurgitate a couple times but hear me out!

What if Waluigi's stage is NOT Waluigi Pinball, but Waluigi's Island from Mario Party 3?

View attachment 322717

This would not only be a Waluigi stage, but ALSO double as a late Piranha Plant stage, and TRIPLE as "at long last, Smash has a Mario Party stage!".

And IF Waluigi's Island returns in Mario Party Superstars, then this would also quadruple as a promotional pick for MP Superstars!

And IF Waluigi truly is coming with more Mario Party content (the game as is I BELIEVE has one Mario Party song and like, 3 Mario Party specific spirits, two of which were the first post-release spirits. Collectively those spirits are MC Ballyhoo/Big Top, Dice Block and River Survival), then MAYBE Mario Party is incorporated into Waluigi's moveset, and THAT'S what's taking so long.

Like... Waluigi's moveset has all the friendship ruining elements of Mario Party in there somehow, making him the ultimate Mischief/Prankster/Troll character. Maybe he's got the tennis racket/golf club for some of his attacks sure, but his specials could well be Mario PARTY based and have some randomized element to it or some other Mario Party type thing.

Mario Party has been everpresent throughout Smash's lifetime, and yet it still has no meaningful content in Smash beyond A song and some trophies/spirits. Perhaps Waluigi will change that?

Also HI EVERYBODY! I support Waluigi and am willing to bet my Burger King that he is indeed the 11th and final.
Basically : The virgin Waluigi's Pinball vs The chad Waluigi's Island
Mario Party Superstars is releasing around the time the last character will be revealed and if MPS get released before the announcement of the DLC fighter and Waluigi's Island is one of the boards, it would be very good for the future.
I think that we are going to get Mario's Rainbow Castle and either Spiny Desert/Waluigi's Island and Bowser Land will be an unlockable secret board. Then we will get boards announced for updates/dlc with Horror Land and Western Land hopefully. As long as they don't put Mystery Land in, it would be fine (even Wario's Battle Canyon would be better despite being almost the same ****, the design and the music are better imo)

Last edited:

Chocosta

Smash Apprentice
Your 2nd paragraph really hits the head on the nail. Not only is plant a joke character, he’s also a joke MARIO character. I have no clue who thought that was a good idea when there are plenty of well-liked and wanted Mario characters left to chose from like Waluigi, Toad, Captain Toad, King Boo… I’d have rather them went with Petey Piranha than a freaking basic piranha plant. I’m okay with joke characters when they’re from some random series or reference to something important to the game industry (G&W, ROB), but putting a joke character in from the biggest franchise in gaming that still has plenty of good reps waiting to get in was honestly, like you said, the worst addition they’ve ever made.
Mr G&W and ROB were joke characters but at least, they were important indeed, even Duck Hunt technically but the plant had literally no reason to be added other than making everyone go "WTF" and the fact that they chose to prioritize a generic plant over characters like Waluigi, Toad, and King Boo and even Pauline made me question their business decisions and even their sanity.

Fortunately, no one uses it in Aces because it's a really weak character, basically **** ++ tier. Pauline playable in Mario Golf base game is one of the only things I like in this game lol. I hope that they won't add this dumb plant again because it's not even funny, never have been, never will be.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
I think that the Legacy XP takedown, the Mario Sports trademark and the recent merchandises are already good infos. We should avoid getting Geno'd, especially right before the end.

Basically : The virgin Waluigi's Pinball vs The chad Waluigi's Island
Mario Party Superstars is releasing around the time the last character will be revealed and if MPS get released before the announcement of the DLC fighter and Waluigi's Island is one of the boards, it would be very good for the future.
I think that we are going to get Mario's Rainbow Castle and either Spiny Desert/Waluigi's Island and Bowser Land will be an unlockable secret board. Then we will get boards announced for updates/dlc with Horror Land and Western Land hopefully. As long as they don't put Mystery Land in, it would be fine (even Wario's Battle Canyon would be better despite being almost the same ****, the design and the music are better imo)
I do really want Waluigi’s island to be one of the boards, but with only five boards, I’m not too confident.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
https://www.instagram.com/p/CRXz5-AJLb3/?utm_medium=copy_link

New Waluigi Figure Discovered!

It’s Being made by San-ei over in Japan!
You beat me to it! But anyway here’s the tweet.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
I’m going to guess it’s there regarding some sort of micro transaction or something to do with amiibos. Could be about smash DLC but idk why they’d put that disclaimer on Mario party for that
We might actually get updates for this game.

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
I’m going to guess it’s there regarding some sort of micro transaction or something to do with amiibos. Could be about smash DLC but idk why they’d put that disclaimer on Mario party for that
I feel Like It could be DLC Boards Probably (Idk about Characters) because with the Amiibo in Recent Mario Party Titles..Mario Party 10 had the Whole “Amiibo Party” Mode thing,And Mario Party Star Rush Allowed You to Have a Select Character join your Toad at the BEGINNING of the Toad Scramble Mode (Ex. Scanning the Waluigi Amiibo has Waluigi with you at the start with his Dice Block)

And really,The ONLY Potential Function i can think of for Amiibo Support in Superstars..Is (And it’s pretty bad)

Unlocking “Secret” Boards.

Scan Luigi? Congrats! You got Luigi’s Engine Room!
Scan Mario? Mario’s Rainbow Castle! Unlocked!
Scan Waluigi? Pat yourself on the back,Waluigi’s Island is available!

It would suck but it’s legitimately the ONLY thing i can think of them doing other than Just bringing back the Amiibo Party Mode from 10.

Chocosta

Smash Apprentice
I feel Like It could be DLC Boards Probably (Idk about Characters) because with the Amiibo in Recent Mario Party Titles..Mario Party 10 had the Whole “Amiibo Party” Mode thing,And Mario Party Star Rush Allowed You to Have a Select Character join your Toad at the BEGINNING of the Toad Scramble Mode (Ex. Scanning the Waluigi Amiibo has Waluigi with you at the start with his Dice Block)

And really,The ONLY Potential Function i can think of for Amiibo Support in Superstars..Is (And it’s pretty bad)

Unlocking “Secret” Boards.

Scan Luigi? Congrats! You got Luigi’s Engine Room!
Scan Mario? Mario’s Rainbow Castle! Unlocked!
Scan Waluigi? Pat yourself on the back,Waluigi’s Island is available!

It would suck but it’s legitimately the ONLY thing i can think of them doing other than Just bringing back the Amiibo Party Mode from 10.
Damn if that was true, we would have had so many boards with that function. But that means that Daisy amiibo for example would be useless because she didn't have a board in the old Mario Party, same for Rosalina or anyone else other than the boys, Peach, Yoshi, DK and Bowser.

Also, the geniuses who work at NOJ might have accidentally spoiled of the 3 remaning boards in their youtube trailer. Yes, I said 3 because everyone with functionning brain cells know that we are in fact going to get 3 boards and one of them is going to be unlockable and will probably be Bowser Land which of course won't be announced unlike the two others to make sure that it's a secret board, just like in every other game. It's just too obvious but that's beside the point, as I said before, one of the remaining boards might have been discovered and this would probably deconfirmed Waluigi's Island unfortunately :

In the japanese trailer of the game on youtube, a pink Yoshi sticker was used as well as a Monty Mole one. We all know that Woody Woods from MP3 was confirmed and Monty Moles play a major role on this board because they change the paths during each beginning of a turn. the pink Yoshi is important in Yoshi's Tropical Island because you have to save him/her by collecting stars. The fact that the sticker is not a green Yoshi but a pink Yoshi is pretty suspicious especially since Monty Mole, a character important in another board is also a sticker. I think we can safely assume that Yoshi's Tropical Island is one of the remaining boards which would probably kill any chances of seeing Waluigi's Island because we won't have 2 islands, that's not going to happen, at least in base game. It still could happen as a future update or DLC. I guess that the other board is probably going to be Spiny Desert from MP3 and the secret board is Bowser Land. This selection alongside the 3 other makes sense, they want to make sure that every boards would be unique and play differently and that selection of boards is working in that regard.

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Anyone here wanna support this petition? I‘d love to have Waluigi playable in a platformer and I think the Wario land series is his best bet at this happening. https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-p...tar-in-a-brand-new-switch-video-game-together
I think Nintendo has given up on Wario Land, they see more premise in Warioware, so I don't think we'll get another Wario Land game and I especially don't think we'll get one with Waluigi. Nintendo doesn't even officially recognize Waluigi as Wario's partner, plus Wario has been getting games long before Waluigi was created, so it would surprise me if they suddenly started treating him as a Wario character.

Waluigi in a platformer game is something that could happen eventually since that's the series he's officially recognized in, I doubt he'll get a major role in the story, but he'll probably appear as a bonus character in them at some point in the future.

Last edited:

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
Anyone here wanna support this petition? I‘d love to have Waluigi playable in a platformer and I think the Wario land series is his best bet at this happening. https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-p...tar-in-a-brand-new-switch-video-game-together
I honestly just don’t think Nintendo has any interest in putting Waluigi in a platformer, unless they make a new series for him or Wario. They’ve seemingly abandoned Wario Land, and as for Mario games they’d rather put in characters like Peach, Toad, and Nabbit or whatever his name is. I’ve always thought that having Wario and Waluigi be playable in those games would have been way more fun. Though, I think Nintendo likes to include those other characters because it’s easy to implement mechanics to make them “noob friendly”, like Peach being able to float.

Top Bottom