• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Wah-volution!: NEW Waluigi Support Thread

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
Hey dudes. I went by every page and added people to the support list who I kept missing, speak now if you want me to add you up there too if you aren't. I also sacked my old signature, which was really just an ad for this thread for the past year and then some. But that might change again and I might have to advertise two threads, but we'll see on that. Might also touch up and revise the OP itself with better things in the future.

Also, IMO the chances of Waluigi getting in this pass is really dependent on Nintendo's strategy here, or if it goes by that so-called Mario Mandate. Whatever it is, I think that if they truly did want to get the people hyped beyond belief and wanted to use a character from their own franchises, the clear winner here is without a doubt Waluigi, both for his sheer popularity and the circumstances he's in. However, Sakurai could just simply say no, but we won't find out till the end.

Keep on keeping on. :waluigirose:
Could I also get added to the support list whenever you're not busy?

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
Hey dudes. I went by every page and added people to the support list who I kept missing, speak now if you want me to add you up there too if you aren't. I also sacked my old signature, which was really just an ad for this thread for the past year and then some. But that might change again and I might have to advertise two threads, but we'll see on that. Might also touch up and revise the OP itself with better things in the future.

Also, IMO the chances of Waluigi getting in this pass is really dependent on Nintendo's strategy here, or if it goes by that so-called Mario Mandate. Whatever it is, I think that if they truly did want to get the people hyped beyond belief and wanted to use a character from their own franchises, the clear winner here is without a doubt Waluigi, both for his sheer popularity and the circumstances he's in. However, Sakurai could just simply say no, but we won't find out till the end.

Keep on keeping on. :waluigirose:
Please add me. I would appreciate it.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Hey everyone, its been a while, and I hope you all are doing well!

I haven't really been too active on this board compared to the other character support threads I'm in, and that's because I just lost all hope for Waluigi getting in for this game, and that's why I haven't really been here all that much, because I don't want to spread any pessimism that some of you might not have. However, I just wanna quickly say that I am still a huge supporter for Waluigi, as he is my most wanted first-party character, and I would die of happiness if he got in! Even though I personally think Waluigi is out of the running for this installment, I will be 100% confident in his chances in the next game or port. Waluigi's outcry at E3 2018 was so huge to be ignored, and I guarantee Sakurai is gonna make all our wishes come true someday. For now, I kinda gave up for this game, unless we get bonus characters, then I will be way more confident in his chances.

Anyways, that's all I really needed to say. I'm still hoping Waluigi finally gets his time to shine soon!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
my comment on it:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

obviously hype responsibility, but honestly, this is one of the biggest things to happen for waluigi this year. This kind of merch is almost non-existent for the wah (by that i mean controllers and stuff, waluigi merch before this point was very limited to just small toys and hats at most, or in big group shots of the mario cast, not a stand alone branded controller)

Last edited:

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
my comment on it:

obviously hype responsibility, but honestly, this is one of the biggest things to happen for waluigi this year. This kind of merch is almost non-existent for the wah (by that i mean controllers and stuff, waluigi merch before this point was very limited to just small toys and hats at most, or in big group shots of the mario cast, not a stand alone branded controller)
Yeah, this came out of nowhere. Was not expecting this to happen, but I'm ecstatic about it! I always wanted a Waluigi themed controller, I'm glad it's wireless too. I know most people use gamecube controllers, but imagine if someone just showed up at a smash tournament using this controller. lol Anyway, I'm really happy he's getting more merchandise!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
my comment on it:

mmmm, no, i think it's just a controller and you're reading way too much into it.

Untitled.png
Untitled.png

i mean, are these subtle confirms as well? meat boy for smash? :nifty:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It'd only be worth looking into if it was one of those fake Gamecube controllers.

Since you know they're pretty much only made for Smash while Pro controllers are for general Switch gaming.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Guys, I just realised something about the Paragon leak.

"Waluigi is last".

They didn't mean he was meant to be the last of FP1 and got delayed, or a bonus character who got pushed into FP2, they meant Waluigi is the last character of FP2! Consider how Steve was in the works since 3DS/Wii U's DLC cycle - is it really a stretch to think two fighters' passes were planned out from the start with the intent of Waluigi being last?

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Guys, I just realised something about the Paragon leak.

"Waluigi is last".

They didn't mean he was meant to be the last of FP1 and got delayed, or a bonus character who got pushed into FP2, they meant Waluigi is the last character of FP2! Consider how Steve was in the works since 3DS/Wii U's DLC cycle - is it really a stretch to think two fighters' passes were planned out from the start with the intent of Waluigi being last?
Don't put weight into that fake leak, it was wrong back then and giving it the benefit of the doubt isn't gonna do us any good. A second pass may have been in talks but it never got green lit until at least after E3.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Don't put weight into that fake leak, it was wrong back then and giving it the benefit of the doubt isn't gonna do us any good. A second pass may have been in talks but it never got green lit until at least after E3.
Do we have any proof that's when the second pass was greenlit, official or reputably leaked? Anyway, my belief in the Paraleak being real comes from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhluopdFPgg (has swearing so I won't imbed, but please watch it) - it's pre-Byleth but most of the evidence there still holds weight. Characters take ages to plan out and develop, as shown by Steve, or at least the general concept of Minecraft representation - reputably leaked multiple times around the time of Ultimate's launch but assumed null because of time, later revealed to have been in the works since 3DS/Wii U.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Do we have any proof that's when the second pass was greenlit, official or reputably leaked?
Imran Khan is a notable leaker who said a second pass was green lit some time after E3. Even if we give Paraleak the benefit of the doubt, it existed before a second pass was properly greenlit so afaic it's just fake all around.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Imran Khan is a notable leaker who said a second pass was green lit some time after E3. Even if we give Paraleak the benefit of the doubt, it existed before a second pass was properly greenlit so afaic it's just fake all around.
Looked into evidence, all he said was "I think E3 was when they made the decision, 'we don't know, it depends on how it sells' and then Special/Ultimate sold really well" - that doesn't mean extra characters weren't considered pre-E3 necessarily, it could, but it doesn't inherently mean that - it just means a second season pass wasn't considered until after E3 - which I guess does nullify my point, heh. Either way, I'm still putting a bit of stock in the Paraleak given the evidence provided in that video - though it's clearly become a game of racially-insensitive-whispers so it could mean anything even if Paragon has legit info.

Chocosta

Smash Apprentice
paragon leak ? this is the fake ass leak made by some random clown, right ?
why are we still talking about it ? it says that an undertale rep was the 4th character of the fighter pass which was totally false. i think it's the pure proof that this leak should be trashed

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
paragon leak ? this is the fake ass leak made by some random clown, right ?
why are we still talking about it ? it says that an undertale rep was the 4th character of the fighter pass which was totally false. i think it's the pure proof that this leak should be trashed
Watch the video I linked, it was released post-Sans/Terry and discusses quite well why it's still to be believed.

Chocosta

Smash Apprentice
Watch the video I linked, it was released post-Sans/Terry and discusses quite well why it's still to be believed.
i stopped watching the video around 9:00 because i couldn't understand the **** he was saying at some point with timezones and stuff... probably because english is not my native language.
a summary would probably be better. otherwise i still think this is fake, it's very easy to make discord posts with a fake date. just use photoshop or even photofiltre et voilà !
i still think waluigi will be the last dlc but something for sure is that this leak is the least of any evidence... i mean, a guy simping for bowsette shouldn't really be taken seriously

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
i still think waluigi will be the last dlc but something for sure is that this leak is the least of any evidence... i mean, a guy simping for bowsette shouldn't really be taken seriously
Bowsette isn't techinically an original fanmade character, because Bowsette is just an alternate form of Bowser. I think we can still get unofficial/fanmade content representation as long as the unofficial content is of videogame origin.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I think we can still get unofficial/fanmade content representation as long as the unofficial content is of videogame origin.
Literally no one was talking about this topic about getting fanmade characters in smash, and even then, it's never going to happen anyway.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Literally no one was talking about this topic about getting fanmade characters in smash, and even then, it's never going to happen anyway.
Last year Sakurai didn't confirm that fanmade characters are ineligible. So thus, I still believe that fanmade/unofficial characters can get in, unless they are of non-videogame origin.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Last year Sakurai didn't confirm that fanmade characters are ineligible. So thus, I still believe that fanmade/unofficial characters can get in, unless they are of non-videogame origin.
What would be the point of it though? I don't see what putting a fanmade character in Smash would do. I'm not saying they're technically inelligible, but it would do nothing for Smash Bros. Especially considering Toadette is the only character that can use the Super Crown.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
What would be the point of it though? I don't see what putting a fanmade character in Smash would do. I'm not saying they're technically inelligible, but it would do nothing for Smash Bros. Especially considering Toadette is the only character that can use the Super Crown.
While unofficial/fanmade characters can still get in, the majority of them would be best as assist trophies or spirits. Once again, I think only iconic fanmade/unofficial characters merit to be playable as long as they are of videogame origin.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
While unofficial/fanmade characters can still get in, the majority of them would be best as assist trophies or spirits. Once again, I think only iconic fanmade/unofficial characters merit to be playable as long as they are of videogame origin.
Sonic.EXE is a fanmade character, that originated in a videogame, and is iconic. There's no way in hell (no pun intended) he deserves a spot in Smash Bros. And honestly there's not that many other "iconic" fanmade characters I can think of that originated from a videogame. This isn't even considering the fact that Nintendo is extremely strict when it comes to fanmade content. If they take down Patreon pages that take optional donations for free fan projects, there's no way we'll ever get a fanmade character in Smash Bros, especially a Nintendo fanmade character.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I am once again asking for a "ban user from specific thread" feature.

It kinda scares me how Bowsette fans genuinely believe this clearly sexualised character could be included in an official Mario game. You'd have a hard time getting a character like that in a T-rated game, let alone an E/10+-rated game.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
It kinda scares me how Bowsette fans genuinely believe this clearly sexualised character could be included in an official Mario game. You'd have a hard time getting a character like that in a T-rated game, let alone an E/10+-rated game.
I don't want Bowsette to be in Smash ever.

Sonic.EXE is a fanmade character, that originated in a videogame, and is iconic. There's no way in hell (no pun intended) he deserves a spot in Smash Bros. And honestly there's not that many other "iconic" fanmade characters I can think of that originated from a videogame. This isn't even considering the fact that Nintendo is extremely strict when it comes to fanmade content. If they take down Patreon pages that take optional donations for free fan projects, there's no way we'll ever get a fanmade character in Smash Bros, especially a Nintendo fanmade character.
Sonic.EXE isn't a videogame character, Sonic.EXE originated from literature because Creepypastas count as literature. An example of a fanmade/unofficial videogame character would be Rokko Chan because she was originally created for a videogame.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I don't want Bowsette to be in Smash ever.

Sonic.EXE isn't a videogame character, Sonic.EXE originated from literature because Creepypastas count as literature. An example of a fanmade/unofficial videogame character would be Rokko Chan because she was originally created for a videogame.
Really? The reason I said he was was because of the fangame that came with the story. Or was it the story, then the game? I can't remember.
Doesn't matter anyways. This is way too off topic now.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I think you're just convinced that the Smash team can do whatever modders will. But they can't and won't bother.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I think you're just convinced that the Smash team can do whatever modders will. But they can't and won't bother.
Sakurai only said that non-videogame characters are ineligible.

Really? The reason I said he was was because of the fangame that came with the story. Or was it the story, then the game? I can't remember.
Doesn't matter anyways. This is way too off topic now.
The Sonic.EXE short story was planned first, the fangame was to promote the short story.

To get back on topic, how could Waluigi be fun to play as? What special/unique mechanics/gimmicks could he have?

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
What special/unique mechanics/gimmicks could he have?
I don't think every character needs to have a gimmick. That being said he has tons of potential for his moveset, what with lanky proportions, swimming through the air, various sports, party, and racing equipment, and dancing. I can't think of a specific gimmick he could have, though.

Nanatsu

Smash Rookie
Recently had a nice idea for Waluigi's recovery. It would reference the dice block from Mario Party. It's similar to Mario's where he does the iconic Mario jump, but when he reaches the climax he hits a dice block. The dice block will have a random number from 1-6 facing towards the camera. If an enemy is hit at the climax, it will do less or more damage depending on the number, very similar to Game and Watch's neutral.

Top Bottom