• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Wah-volution!: NEW Waluigi Support Thread

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Apparently Waluigi is trending on twitter right now.
I was looking at some of the Waluigi Tweets and I really like this one:
It's so vague as to whether this is a rare moment of compassion from the Was, or they just wanted Mario to be possessed instead. Probably both.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Out of all the current assist trophies, I absolutely doubt that Waluigi, Bomberman, and Shovel Knight warrant their exclusions. But for Yuri (Fatal Frame) and Rathalos (Monster Hunter) on the other hand, chances are that they deserved it.

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
It’s all coming together... supposedly a Mario sports game (don’t know which) has been leaked for early 2021, there is a new official Waluigi pro controller coming out, not to mention everything that we have already talked about in this thread for the past several months. After all of the speculation we have done, the new Mario sports game and Waluigi controller coming out in early 2021- right around the time that we’d expect the next smash character- makes it feel like we are reaching the apex of Waluigi’s journey into smash.

Even if it doesn’t happen, I’ll still be buying that controller and whatever sports game it is!

Edit- just did some more digging and the guy who made the leak clarified that it will be a Camelot developed game- so Mario golf or Mario tennis. I would expect Mario golf since we already have tennis on the switch. Whats even more interesting is that this guy is typically a smash leaker... maybe he knows about a certain someone else coming to smash but also found out about this game along the way?

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
It’s all coming together... supposedly a Mario sports game (don’t know which) has been leaked for early 2021, there is a new official Waluigi pro controller coming out, not to mention everything that we have already talked about in this thread for the past several months. After all of the speculation we have done, the new Mario sports game and Waluigi controller coming out in early 2021- right around the time that we’d expect the next smash character- makes it feel like we are reaching the apex of Waluigi’s journey into smash.

Even if it doesn’t happen, I’ll still be buying that controller and whatever sports game it is!

Edit- just did some more digging and the guy who made the leak clarified that it will be a Camelot developed game- so Mario golf or Mario tennis. I would expect Mario golf since we already have tennis on the switch. Whats even more interesting is that this guy is typically a smash leaker... maybe he knows about a certain someone else coming to smash but also found out about this game along the way?
If Camelot make a new Mario sports game, I seriously want them to return to the Warupichi concept. Ugly girls are life.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman

if it was Mario golf, the trademark would be called Mario golf.

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
if it was Mario golf, the trademark would be called Mario golf.
If you’re referring to the Mario sports trademark, I don’t think that it is related to the new game. I still think that that has something to do with Waluigi coming to smash or some sort of other marketing/merchandise product. The new game will almost definitely be mario golf since it is a Camelot game and they only do the golf/tennis games, and we already have tennis aces for the switch. Unless they’re doing something entirely new which would be cool too!

Last edited:

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
New character reveal is pretty exciting but I'm not getting my hopes up for Waluigi. It will probably be a character from a game that is getting an award/is up for an award.

BZocky

Smash Ace
PowerA still hasn't tweeted about the Waluigi controller... wonder if they could be saving it for an announcement soon. Speaking of which, we now have a listing for it out in the wild and multiple high quality images of it thanks to EB Games.

Here's to hoping tonight is the night!

Last edited:

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
PowerA still hasn't tweeted about the Waluigi controller... wonder if they could be saving it for an announcement soon. Speaking of which, we now have a listing for it out in the wild and multiple high quality images of it thanks to EB Games.

Here's to hoping tonight is the night!
God I want that controller!

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
There is still hope for him! Three more characters left.
His chances look better than ever now. Geno's chances are officially dead, and before this ONE of Geno or Waluigi were basically confirmed due to copyright strikes on a smash knock-off that included the two characters. With Geno gone, that leaves Waluigi!

Edit- just to clarify I don't know the full logistics of what happened I just know a certain youtuber had info about this, and someone in his discord compiled the conversation in a document

Last edited:

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
His chances look better than ever now. Geno's chances are officially dead, and before this ONE of Geno or Waluigi were basically confirmed due to copyright strikes on a smash knock-off that included the two characters. With Geno gone, that leaves Waluigi!

Edit- just to clarify I don't know the full logistics of what happened I just know a certain youtuber had info about this, and someone in his discord compiled the conversation in a document
Waluigi might really be last, like paragon said.

Chocosta

Smash Apprentice
Well, well, well... One Winged Angel as DLC and L4D2 sequel, if this doesn't mean that I should go **** myself... I didn't want to watch TGA since I don't care about it but still, I tried to watch 10 minutes of it before doing something else... and ofc that's when they announce the good **** ...

On a side note, I guess we can officialy expect Waluigi as the next Mario character and I expect him as the last DLC whether it's FP2 or bonus
See you next year !! WAAA

bet that the Geno thread is having a psychotic breakdown right now

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well, well, well... One Winged Angel as DLC and L4D2 sequel, if this doesn't mean that I should go ** myself... I didn't want to watch TGA since I don't care about it but still, I tried to watch 10 minutes of it before doing something else... and ofc that's when they announce the good ** ...

On a side note, I guess we can officialy expect Waluigi as the next Mario character and I expect him as the last DLC whether it's FP2 or bonus
See you next year !! WAAA

bet that the Geno thread is having a psychotic breakdown right now
it is atleast they are accepting defeat

heck I’m one of them it will be a matter of time before someone memes sephiroth stabbing geno instead of mario

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Don't count Geno out yet, we'll have to wait and see till the 17th if he'll be a costume.
It's slim but there's still a chance that Geno could still happen, and ultimately we don't know for a fact that both Waluigi and Geno can't get in together, there's nothing saying they can't.

I get it's unlikely, I'm just saying don't count your chickens before they hatch.

But yeah, if we really were only gonna get one or the other, then yeah, Waluigi just got a big boost

Last edited:

Chocosta

Smash Apprentice
it is atleast they are accepting defeat

heck I’m one of them it will be a matter of time before someone memes sephiroth stabbing geno instead of mario
That's why I try not to expect characters I want because then, everything that got built since the beginning can fall

Last edited:

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
Sephiroth. Honestly? Didn't expect him, but I think he'll be pretty fun. He had an amazing trailer! I'll be real, I thought Geno was gonna be the Square Rep and the Mario character to be in the pass, with Waluigi being a bonus. But after that, I think Waluigi may truly be our Mario rep.

Oh, also, remember that whole Legacy XP thing we talked about a few months ago? How Nintendo DMCA'd it and people thought it was because we'd be getting one of those characters in Ultimate? Many thought this could point to Geno or Waluigi. We just got our Square rep, and unless we still get Geno later on in the pass, could this mean that the Legacy XP takedown was in regard to Waluigi? I don't know, I guess we'll have to just wait and see.

But hey, we're in good standing lads! The Wah-volution will soon arrive!

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
Sephiroth. Honestly? Didn't expect him, but I think he'll be pretty fun. He had an amazing trailer! I'll be real, I thought Geno was gonna be the Square Rep and the Mario character to be in the pass, with Waluigi being a bonus. But after that, I think Waluigi may truly be our Mario rep.

Oh, also, remember that whole Legacy XP thing we talked about a few months ago? How Nintendo DMCA'd it and people thought it was because we'd be getting one of those characters in Ultimate? Many thought this could point to Geno or Waluigi. We just got our Square rep, and unless we still get Geno later on in the pass, could this mean that the Legacy XP takedown was in regard to Waluigi? I don't know, I guess we'll have to just wait and see.

But hey, we're in good standing lads! The Wah-volution will soon arrive!
Speaking of take downs, I recently saw this on tumblr. I guess it involved Waluigi, I just wish I knew what the video was about.
Screenshot_2020-12-10 🌹walugurl🌹.png

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of take downs, I recently saw this on tumblr. I guess it involved Waluigi, I just wish I knew what the video was about. View attachment 294982
The only other character-related takedowns I've heard of were for Sans and Geno. Megalovania was taken down a few months before Sans's costume was revealed and two Mario RPG songs were taken down however long ago (I think its been around a year now? Don't know for sure). Maybe this is similar? It really depends on what the original video was and how recently it was taken down. Either way lets see what happens

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I know this will make me look like a huge Richardhead, but...

GENO IS GONE!

That 50/50? now I'd call it... 55/45. Still gonna go conservative with my estimates.

The only other character-related takedowns I've heard of were for Sans and Geno. Megalovania was taken down a few months before Sans's costume was revealed and two Mario RPG songs were taken down however long ago (I think its been around a year now? Don't know for sure). Maybe this is similar? It really depends on what the original video was and how recently it was taken down. Either way lets see what happens
Off-topic, but weren't there rumours a while back of an indie-developed Mario RPG remake?

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
I know this will make me look like a huge Richardhead, but...

GENO IS GONE!

That 50/50? now I'd call it... 55/45. Still gonna go conservative with my estimates.

Off-topic, but weren't there rumours a while back of an indie-developed Mario RPG remake?
Was that to be indie-developed? I thought it was going to be made by Square, at least thats what my guess was after first hearing about it. Either way I hope that still happens down the line, or at the very least put the original on the SNES online

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
While we're on the topic of DMCAs, this happened recently. Doubt it hints at anything, but it's funny Nintendo have actually acknowledged a game called "Waluigi gets custody of his children and pays taxes"

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
So Sephiroth huh? Definitely did not expect that. Well we got our Square Enix rep so Geno's chances have gone into the dumpster now. With Paper Mario and Geno dead, Waluigi doesn't really have any strong rivals for a potential Mario character spot in the pass. Not to mention that we got content from a franchise already represented in Smash as DLC. If Min Min didn't convince people then Sephiroth sure as **** will now.

With that said Waluigi still faces challenges to his inclusion (such as if Nintendo even gives a **** about him in the first place) but overall I'm optimistic about his outlook. We'll just have to wait and see until the entire pass is revealed, we got three more fighters that have yet to be revealed.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
I wasn't able to watch the trailer live and my brother texted me that tonight's reveal was a big blow to a speculated character from the same company. I knew then that it had something to do with Geno, but I was wondering who could have it been? Then I found out it was Sephiroth. Even though he's not out completely, Geno's chances have plummeted big time. If he gets that Mii costume, then it's officially over for Geno in Ultimate. Waluigi still has a decent shot in my eyes.

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
So Sephiroth huh? Definitely did not expect that. Well we got our Square Enix rep so Geno's chances have gone into the dumpster now. With Paper Mario and Geno dead, Waluigi doesn't really have any strong rivals for a potential Mario character spot in the pass. Not to mention that we got content from a franchise already represented in Smash as DLC. If Min Min didn't convince people then Sephiroth sure as **** will now.

With that said Waluigi still faces challenges to his inclusion (such as if Nintendo even gives a **** about him in the first place) but overall I'm optimistic about his outlook. We'll just have to wait and see until the entire pass is revealed, we got three more fighters that have yet to be revealed.
Personally I think Nintendo is starting to care about the ole Waluigi. They’ve used him in tons of tweets lately, Reggie Fils-Aime (sorry if I misspelled) acknowledged the Waluigi demand back at E3 2018, and more recently Waluigi is getting his own officially licensed pro controller through the company powerA in early 2021, and we know that we will be getting a new Mario sports game (golf or tennis, unless it’s a new wildcard game like football maybe) in early 2021. I think things are looking up for Waluigi, especially when you tie these things into all of the leaks/speculation that we have been discussing here for awhile.

Edit- care might not be the right word... but at the very least they’ve surely realized that Waluigi = money

Last edited:

Chocosta

Smash Apprentice

And here I thought this was Hinting at something for tonight :/
He said that Waluigi was trending on twitter which is why he went full "WAA"

While we're on the topic of DMCAs, this happened recently. Doubt it hints at anything, but it's funny Nintendo have actually acknowledged a game called "Waluigi gets custody of his children and pays taxes"
Nintendo being ***** because Waluigi is living an honest life smh...

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Don't get me wrong, I'm very, VERY excited about what Sephiroth/no Geno means for Waluigi's chances but we should learn from the crucial mistake a lot of the Geno fanbase made (multiple times I should add) - WALUIGI. IS. NOT. GAURANTEED.

When FP11 comes around and it ends up being 2B or Jonesy Fortnite or something, do not act like Sakurai owed us something and didn't deliver. It's fine to be disappointed, it's fine to be salty, but it is not fine to act like Nintendo are delivering an incomplete product simply because of Waluigi's absence.

Top Bottom