• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A National for Canada

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So there, I've gotten to posting in all the threads for people who get in here by following subscriptions and don't actually look at the forum.

Basically I want to get a national going for Canada. Main events would be Melee/Brawl, maybe 64 depending on interest.

Basically, I'm looking to find the best location so that we can get the average lowest travel cost for each region. I'm looking at doing this in about a year or so, so I'll have experience running tournaments by then.

I especially want to see WC and EC at the same tournament.

Thoughts?

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Probably best in Toronto or somewhere since WC only needs to send 2 players to win everything.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Probably best in Toronto or somewhere since WC only needs to send 2 players to win everything.
I agree because of this statement. :awesome:

But seriously though I will go depending on the hype of this tournament! I will be sure to contact international communities to get them interested in this tournament too once there are more details...

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Well yeah, when I say National it's obviously an international. I'm not going to say Americans can't come. Same thing as American Nationals, Canadians and European players attend those and they're still called Nationals.

And yeah, I think I'm going to do Toronto. Going to look at venues. Hopefully this will be as big as I want it to be.

-Googs

Smash Lord
I have thought a lot about this. Honestly I think now is a poor time for it considering what happened a Cot5, Pound V etc. I think the community is to unstable and the risk is to large. Wait until the national seen settles down. The main problem is there is no reason to come here. Why would all the americans wanna come? You should start with hosting tournaments with midwest and ny/nj coming first, then after 3-4 of those 'regionals' attempt a national. First priority is getting lain and the others up here, as well as keitaro and the ny nj

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
shut up googs you... have a very good idea actually.

Also it wouldn't be any time soon. At the absolute soonest it'd happen around a year from now.

lain

Smash Master
*appears from the shadows!*

I'd totally be down to come to the Toronto-ish area once I get my passport I.D. I miss sooooo many Canadians but I think they might have all died since Only In Niagara was a LONGGGG *** time ago :[

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Well, our scene is pretty well revived and growing, so we're not going anywhere anytime soon.

swordgard

Smash Hero
South shore got this to be exact.

If this ever happens, that is.

Might go if theres some hype.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I've decided. I'm going to have a series of regionals first. All of them will have a side-event, because I really like those, not necessarily the same one at each. Side-Events are subject to cancellation if we have low amounts of setups. Then, in about a year's time, we'll have a main event. Only the regionals will be used for seeding, nothing else counts, with the exception of a WC event or two, since I doubt you guys will be able to make it out for a regional. Think of it as something like our very own circuit.

I'm actually liking this more and more as I think it through. And I've still got a lot more thinking through left to do.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Game might be borderline dead within a year lol. Especially if next smash gets announced at e3.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I've wanted to go to Canada for a tourney for a while now. Doesn't even have to be a national. One time I mapquested a tourney in Canada and it was 48 hours away lol. If it was within an 8 hour drive I would have went.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Game might be borderline dead within a year lol. Especially if next smash gets announced at e3.
Back when Brawl was first announced, Melee players seemed to wanna play Melee more to prepare for Brawl. Also the brawl hype just made people want to play smash in general.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
LOL Joe aren't you younger than I am?

Also if a new smash gets released... I guess we'll be running that too? The system is supposed to stream to the controllers, so setups won't be a problem.

Top Bottom