• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A King's Quest For Respect: The Bowser Matchup Thread

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Just NAir him back, you'll always beat him out of it, since his hurtbox is his hitbox, but your Nair has a smaller hurtbox then its hitbox.

Wario kinda owns Olimar hard, Grab you, toss you off, keep pressure on, and gimp you :p and you can't grab a good wario very easily.

I'd say its 40:60, 50:50 on Norfar, that stage just isn't made for Olimar, sure he can recover, but you'll launch him so bad he wont be able to.

(Oh yeah, and Olimar is as light as Kirby I think, so hes pretty light.)

As for Lucario, I have no trouble gimping you as Wario, bowser might be another story, but a grounded bowser bomb to ledge can do some serious damage.

Dyyne

Smash Ace
I'd say its 40:60, 50:50 on Norfar, that stage just isn't made for Olimar, sure he can recover, but you'll launch him so bad he wont be able to.
Sorry what? Norfair is one of oli's best level, if not the best after luigi's, which is usually banned.

B!squick

Smash Master
Indeed, I was wondering the same thing, Blistering, lol.

As for the match up, it's definately in Oli's favor, Norfar aside. All those disjointed hit boxes. T_T Going on what I've seen in vids and know about them... I don't know now that I think about it. Knowing the match up and stage selection would be big deal. :/ Does Bowser have ANY clear cut match up aside from DeDeDe? lol

Well, on a neutral stage with Olimar keeping his attacks spaced well enough and out of the Koopa King's grab range would make it about 60/40? Otherwise, on Norfar, or if Olimar gets grabbed too much, or gets baitted in making too many mistakes, it'd be alot closer.

So I'll say 60/40 with Olimar to win... most of the time.

EDIT: Nevermind the stuff about Norfar. Seems we'er in a love triangle.

B!squick

Smash Master
Sorry what? Norfair is one of oli's best level, if not the best after luigi's, which is usually banned.
Oh ho? Olimar favors Norfar as well? Interesting... forget what I said about it in my last post then. >.>

Well, now I really want to see that match. Bowser vs Olimar on Norfar. WHO WOULD SURVIVZERZ?!?!

asob4

Smash Champion
oli out ranges bowser in like every way
oli doesn't even need to be offensive, he can camp the whole time then get a quick usmash kill
pivot grab destroys bowser, as do grab combos to 60+

if oli can out space IC's and not get grabbed, i'm sure as hell he won't get grabbed by bowser, who has significantly less options for getting in close

65-35 no way it is 60-40

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
oli out ranges bowser in like every way
oli doesn't even need to be offensive, he can camp the whole time then get a quick usmash kill
pivot grab destroys bowser, as do grab combos to 60+

if oli can out space IC's and not get grabbed, i'm sure as hell he won't get grabbed by bowser, who has significantly less options for getting in close

65-35 no way it is 60-40
I love this guy.

Oli can't camp Bowser btw.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
Try it with dead pikmen.

Chances are you'll try to spam camp us, if you do then we;ll up b and own them all.

If you try to bait us with one we wont up b, instead we'll intercept you.

Though it may seem otherwise we dont Up B at every little thing.

asob4

Smash Champion
cause we can't pluck pikmin in a fraction of a second right?
and we throw ALL six at once right?

we throw two or three, you up b, and we punish

no lag after SH toss
if you try to approach, single toss -> fsmash/fair to space and continue to camp

NearZzz

Smash Lord

no lag after SH toss
if you try to approach, single toss -> fsmash/fair to space and continue to camp
You don't know what your talking about, at all.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol, Skank knows what he's talking about. Bowser has to approach. There's no denying it.

Flayl

Smash Hero
See the problem is that Skank never faced a Bowser that Up-B's against projectiles, so he doesn't know that Up-B's animation cancels if you hit the projectile in the first 5 frames.

Not saying that Bowser doesn't have to approach, obviously he does, but Skank does indeed not know what he's talking about.

asob4

Smash Champion
pikmin are not projectiles like a lazer or missle, they're mini charatcers with hitboxes and a set percent

it would just kill them and keep going, unless it was a purple.

plus, you're using it AFTER they're latched, not before

asob4

Smash Champion
does fortress stop when you hit a character?
no
so it wouldn't stop for a pikmin, which is basically a character

let me know after the testing

Flayl

Smash Hero
It stops with purple pikmin but not the others, at least from what I could do with 1 hand with 1 controller each.

Also Bowser's best response to latched on pikmin is Jab, not fortress.

edit: Unless you can fortress to a ledge.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

no lag after SH toss
Depending on the stage, pikmens camping abilities go down. Seriously, pikmin don't have the reach of a regular projectile. Sure, you can space your self and camp that way but chances are the bowser players going to up b.

lol

Seriously, before you talk about bowser. Learn Bowser.

1. Were not idiots who use ^b as a top and continuously move forward when are opponents standing there to punish us.

2. IIRC, Pikmin are considered a projectile. In which case bowser DOES stop. We will find out after Flayl's testing.

-:bowser:Bowser King

asob4

Smash Champion
he just tested, to the best of his ability, and bowser does not stop

pikmin have enough reach

i just know that upB is bowsers best option for removing latched pikmin

you have to move forward because we have no need to approach

asob4

Smash Champion
that olimar was the biggest fail i've ever seen

there's few good olimar's

jab will get fsmash/faired under most circumstances

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
he just tested, to the best of his ability, and bowser does not stop

pikmin have enough reach

i just know that upB is bowsers best option for removing latched pikmin

you have to move forward because we have no need to approach
No. Pikmin aren't amazing when it comes to reach. You throw pikmin, we jab or ^b (for purple).

As Flayl said, we would jab.

Your mistaking what I mean when I say move forward. We don't move forward to full reach.
We move forward but pull back a bit. You could do something similar to how melee's 6b was used but with less pullback. Yes, we are moving foraward, but we move at a steady speed.

Flayl

Smash Hero
that olimar was the biggest fail i've ever seen

there's few good olimar's

jab will get fsmash/faired under most circumstances
Look, we're not idiots. If jabbing means you get a free Fsmash, we're not going to jab, we'll just go after you instead or fortress to the ledge.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Skank, I seriously like how your posts are so jumpy. From one point your talking about how you'll camp us and force us to approach and then the next post you say that if we try to upb your camped pikmin you'll use a fsmash on us.

If your camping, your likely not in range for a fsmash, if you run up and fsmash you get owned by the tilt. Neither does your fsmash have the range of half on FD and neither does Olimar run at the speed of sound.

Top Bottom