• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A King's Quest For Respect: The Bowser Matchup Thread

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
No sir. Let's move on, shall we? =D

...wait...

What's the final MU Ratio??

MrEh

Smash Hero
I'm gonna call it a 45-55. We can always rediscuss it later. But then again, it's Bowser/Ness. No one really cares. lol

B!squick

Smash Master
Way to diss your main, lol.

Oh, we're on Samus already? ZAir's really the only thing Samus has going for her, that's about it, right?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Samus has 2 projectiles, bombs and a ridiculous ZAir. Her NAir (sex kick, *****) has epic priority, but that's pretty much her only move that has priority at all, lol. USmash ***** Bowser, though not as bad as Zelda's.
I think this is the only place where Bowser prefers the air over the ground, since Samus can and will try to **** him with her projectile spamming and rather quick ground moves (DTilt, Jab, USmash).

Try to get in, Jab or FTilt her missiles into pieces, UpB OoS against her Charge Beam and proceed in Grab Release and Klaw shenanigans.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Added a new Dedede image because the one that Mmac left us with was lame. lol

I also added a Pit image.

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
MrEh, are you going to rearrange the matchup picture at the start with the release of the new tier list, or not? Also, will it ever get updated with the matchup ratio's?

udov

Smash Cadet
Hello, although this is my first post I'm not new to the smash community and I've actually been reading these forums a lot. I just wanted to give my opinion about this match-up because I've been playing both characters for about one year now :)

To me it clearly goes for Samus' advantage, mainly because of her range game which has the ability to quickly overwhelm big targets like Bowser. Multiple z-air are really annoying and can lead him to make stupid errors out of "despair" (like predictable Bowser bombs) which makes me think there's also a "psychological" advantage for her. I've fought one of the best Samus player in my country and it took me a while to understand how to fight a good Samus with Bowser. It is obvious that you need to give Samus as little space as possible and that's what make it difficult: as often said, Bowser is a defensive character but in this match-up he is clearly forced to go forward. Shieldashing and SH-Airdodge tend to be very useful in order to get close to her and use jab and f-tilt. I'm not saying Samus destroys Bowser, because when he has understood how to fight her, it becomes much less complicated. It just requires a lot of patience.
To me it's 55-45 for Samus

I've uploaded a video of a wifi match, I'm the Samus, and it was our first match. The Bowser in it isn't a great player, he doesn't CG and seems to have little experience fighting Samus but it may show some of my points.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRxHkx9TVbM
If you feel I'm wrong, don't take my post into consideration I wouldn't mind at all ^^
Sorry for the possible English mistakes I've made.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Samus has the advanatge on bowser 60-40 and im not lying.

Bowser is too **** huge and this makes him get hit by EVRERY projectile especially if amus sends thm RIGHT be hind each other(this prevents powershielding both). Zair Shield poke sbowsers FAT body and samus's FALLING U-AIR to UP+B pokes through shields 90% of the time and its a free 11-16% damage on bowser.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Samus has the advanatge on bowser 60-40 and im not lying.

Bowser is too **** huge and this makes him get hit by EVRERY projectile especially if amus sends thm RIGHT be hind each other(this prevents powershielding both). Zair Shield poke sbowsers FAT body and samus's FALLING U-AIR to UP+B pokes through shields 90% of the time and its a free 11-16% damage on bowser.
You wouldn't need to power shield. You could, you know, just shield. Unless Samus can send 3 projectiles I don't think that it's that big a deal. Same goes for zair, just shield most of them (not saying it's not a factor it's just it's not that hard to get around).

As for falling u-air, would fortress work? I'm not sure but I think it should...

-:bowser:Bowser King

B!squick

Smash Master
I'd have to take away points from Xyro's argument for the falling UAir to UpB thing. Samus is really just Link only somewhat better. I'm thinking either 50/50 or 55/45 not in our favor... maybe.

Also, it's good to see that we're almost done. :D Though it'd be nice if more people would actually discuss things, lol.

udov

Smash Cadet
I think falling up air to U-smash (which really hurts bowser) tends to work even better, but to me it's not a reliable argument, with experience, Bowser will see it coming and can either completely shield it to punish Samus's lag or use fortress (which doesn't always work in that case)

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
And...none of our moves clash with Samus' Zairs right? :L

But I'm pretty sure we can jab or tilt out missles...and don't we outrange Samus physically, even though I doubt you'd see that much of it considering we have fortress anyway, lol

In my opinion it's 45:55 Samus, the only thing I feel like she has on us is the annoying projectiles. She lacks the killing power that is necessary to battle up against bowser she does have good projectiles but we have the infamous shield :D that probably won't work everytime. I think the only problem for us is trying to find a way into her...she could keep us out with massive projectile and zair abuse i think.

JOE!

Smash Hero
I think Zair is all she really has on us...

Fortress invince > charge shot (or just spot dodge)

Tilts/jabs > missles

Our Killing Potential > Samus'

Zair > most of our approaches....

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
So like, should we move on to the next character or something? (like, totally)

Also the Dedede boards are finally discussing Bowser I think, but it might not be "official" yet

B!squick

Smash Master
What's there to discuss though? The only thing you need to tell them is what they already know.

Wait. Hold L. Press A. Remove stock. Rinse and repeat 2 times for best results.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Nah they need to dodge Bowser's claw, be it by spotdodging or pivot grabbing. BAir'ing helps.

There discussion done.

Top Bottom