• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"A Bad Smash Day..."- Conker for Ultimate!

D

Deleted member

Warned for trolling
No, thank you. Battletoads would be much cooler.

D

Deleted member

No, thank you. Battletoads would be much cooler.
> Comes into the Conker support thread
> Says "no thank you" when no one asked

Oof

And, I mean, if you don't want him, you don't have to come into his support thread

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I learned something cool the other day that I wanted to share here. So a lot of the folks that left Rare following the Microsoft buy-out went to Playtonic Games, and you guys probably know about their spiritual successor to Banjo "Yooka Laylee". What I thought was really need is that there's a reference to Conker in the game! In the library/archive of the central hub world, there's a book titled "Jetpacks and Butlers: Your First Investment". In the barn level of Bad Fur Day, Conker says "Jetpacks and butlers, here we come" after grabbing the money above the sunflower. Maybe Conker wrote that book? Either way, it's nice to know that the old folks that used to work at Rare, in addition to Rare's current staff, have not forgotten about Conker after all this time.

By the way, I think the whole "Conker has very graphic source material" argument is pretty much invalid at this point. Not just Snake, not just Bayonetta proves this, but Joker. There's a Persona boss (who also appears in Joker's game) that clearly resembles a male's genitals soo... I think Conker's safe, and this once again just reinforces that he qualifies for Smash.
Yeah, I actually heard about that, and also don't forget that the game is also full of dirty/naughty jokes (But honestly that only makes it look like it wants to be edgy, just for the sake of it)!

Also about Yooka-Laylee, I heard that Chris Seavor followed its success, and apparently, he is now planning on making a spiritual successor to Conker's Bad Fur Day!
I don't know about you, but I don't like the sound of that idea!

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
I only played the Gameboy game, and of course Diddy Kong Racing, but am totally down for this.
Does the Gameboy game actually have his characteristics? I know Diddy Kong Racing didn't, and that both DKR and the Gameboy game were before his 64 classic.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Does the Gameboy game actually have his characteristics? I know Diddy Kong Racing didn't, and that both DKR and the Gameboy game were before his 64 classic.
Nah man, it seemed to be a spin-off for Twelve Tales. Now it's its own weird, little thing that's completely divorced from the rest of the Conker mythos. Didn't even get released in Japan.

Although it's too bad Honker was never re-used for anything.

Last edited:

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Nah man, it seemed to be a spin-off for Twelve Tales. Now it's its own weird, little thing that's completely divorced from the rest of the Conker mythos. Didn't even get released in Japan.

Although it's too bad Honker was never re-used for anything.
It's hilarious how Conker went from a childish friendly character to the crude alcoholic we all know.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nope, he's cute and innocent much like in Diddy Kong Racing. Your rival is a skunk named Honker, and the Evil Acorn has kidnapped Conker's girlfriend, Berri. Who also appears in the later games, I recall, but her bodyshape resembles Candy Kong more, and in this game, she's more or less shaped like Dixie Kong. Conker also fights only with a slingshot, and no other weapons. It's mostly a puzzle based game, played from top like the old skool Zelda games.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Nope, he's cute and innocent much like in Diddy Kong Racing. Your rival is a skunk named Honker, and the Evil Acorn has kidnapped Conker's girlfriend, Berri. Who also appears in the later games, I recall, but her bodyshape resembles Candy Kong more, and in this game, she's more or less shaped like Dixie Kong. Conker also fights only with a slingshot, and no other weapons. It's mostly a puzzle based game, played from top like the old skool Zelda games.
Weirdly enough, you don't even fight the EA at the end, he blows up his own mine hideout in an effort to take you down with him.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Weirdly enough, you don't even fight the EA at the end, he blows up his own mine hideout in an effort to take you down with him.
Well, I never came further than that damned island where you collect those boat parts with those HORRIBLE mini games I probably still couldn't beat today.... So I never even knew that.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Well, I never came further than that damned island where you collect those boat parts with those HORRIBLE mini games I probably still couldn't beat today.... So I never even knew that.
I just gave up on that game I barely knew what to do after leaving Conker's house for the first time.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, that makes me wonder, if Conker (hopefully) gets in, you think they will add a bit of Pocket Tales content, like at least one of its soundtracks?
If so than I think, this one is the most suiting!

Don't forget that most of its soundtracks (including this one) are just remixes of the cancelled Twelve Talves Conker 64

I just gave up on that game I barely knew what to do after leaving Conker's house for the first time.
The game isn't really that bad, it's quite decent! But I do agree, some aspects do make the game seem really frustrating and unappealing!

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
By the way, look what I found:

It appears, some guys were making a kickstarter that involved hacking Smash 64, in order to include more stages and more characters, one of which is Conker!

The original video got shut down by Nintendo, simply because...

But anyway, if this got Nintendo's attention, then maybe (just maybe) they might take notes that there are people who want Conker in Smash!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Hey, what do you think would be good Assist Trophy for the Conker series?

TheBeastHimself

I can list off some hmmm let me see:

• Fire Imps:

Just like in Bad Fur Day, these annoying enemies can hop around the stage and deal fire damage to opponents. They're known for getting in front of you, then hopping behind you with a quick attack.
  • Rodent:

Conker's war buddy. I could imagine Rodent doing a :ultsquirtle: side special in his armor shell while also using his armor to protect himself from any attack. After all, it's indestructible, and would making KOing him a lot harder.
  • Clang Goblins:
clang1.PNG

These guys are notable enemies from Conker and are the main enemies you come across in Live and Reloaded. They literally just pace and back forth, and if they see you, they charge you. But if you attack them from behind, they retreat into their shell Rodent style and release their spikes:

clang2.PNG

Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

By the way, look what I found:

It appears, some guys were making a kickstarter that involved hacking Smash 64, in order to include more stages and more characters, one of which is Conker!

The original video got shut down by Nintendo, simply because...

But anyway, if this got Nintendo's attention, then maybe (just maybe) they might take notes that there are people who want Conker in Smash!
I saw that mod!! Makes me want Conker in Smash 10x more! :D

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Now that I think about it, the Assist Trophy that I think would be perfect but would never happen is:

His attacks would be the same ones I mentioned when I talked about the idea of having his lair as a stage!

For a more realistic option, I'd say Franky the Pitchfork

the player could hop on him (much like how the Ice Climbers hop on that orange pterodactyl in their FS) and then he would automatically start charging at the opponets! If he gets attacked, you will fall from him (but you can repeat it, until he's gone)!

And I don't see much else!

I can list off some hmmm let me see:
Your ideas are also really good!
The Clang Goblins are my favourite option! They could certainly be really powerfull and helpfull to whoever activated them!

Now what about items, I can't think of anything right now! does anyone have an idea for that?

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

Now that I think about it, the Assist Trophy that I think would be perfect but would never happen is:

His attacks would be the same ones I mentioned when I talked about the idea of having his lair as a stage!

For a more realistic option, I'd say Franky the Pitchfork

the player could hop on him (much like how the Ice Climbers hop on that orange pterodactyl in their FS) and then he would automatically start charging at the opponets! If he gets attacked, you will fall from him (but you can repeat it, until he's gone)!

And I don't see much else!

Your ideas are also really good!
The Clang Goblins are my favourite option! They could certainly be really powerfull and helpfull to whoever activated them!

Now what about items, I can't think of anything right now! does anyone have an idea for that?
I would say balls of poo that could slow others down but...

I think the tank would be a whacky option, something never seen before. It spawns and the first player that jumps in it gets to control it for a short amount of time.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I would say balls of poo that could slow others down but...

I think the tank would be a whacky option, something never seen before. It spawns and the first player that jumps in it gets to control it for a short amount of time.
Good as the idea is, I can't help but feel that would be best saved for if a Metal Slug character ever gets in.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace

Yeah, but I just don't know if that would be too big and powerful for an item!

Now that I thought of it, since we already have Ness's bat as an item (and he still uses it in his moveset) maybe we could get Conker's chainsaw too!

It would basically be an even more powerful version of the katana!

TheBeastHimself

Good as the idea is, I can't help but feel that would be best saved for if a Metal Slug character ever gets in.
Yeah, but I just don't know if that would be too big and powerful for an item!

Now that I thought of it, since we already have Ness's bat as an item (and he still uses it in his moveset) maybe we could get Conker's chainsaw too!

It would basically be an even more powerful version of the katana!
You guys are right, and the chainsaw idea is pretty neat! I'm trying to think of what else could be items but nothing in particular comes to mind. I mean it would be pretty cool to see Mr. Barrel as an item. You can jump onto him, and then ram into enemies like Conker does. Other players could break Mr. Barrel and you could jump off of him at any time.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I saw that mod!! Makes me want Conker in Smash 10x more! :D
You can say that again, his Smash N64 model was really spot on too! It's a shame they didn't get to finish it!
Even tho it's illegal, I would so had bought that modded cartridge!

I just wonder if they were/would have been capable of giving him an original and unique moveset, given the limitations of the game!

TheBeastHimself

You can say that again, his Smash N64 model was really spot on too! It's a shame they didn't get to finish it!
Even tho it's illegal, I would so had bought that modded cartridge!

I just wonder if they were/would have been capable of giving him an original and unique moveset, given the limitations of the game!
I don't think it would be anything near as expansive as it can be Ultimate, but seeing Conker with any moveset in Smash would still be pretty cool.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
You guys are right, and the chainsaw idea is pretty neat! I'm trying to think of what else could be items but nothing in particular comes to mind. I mean it would be pretty cool to see Mr. Barrel as an item. You can jump onto him, and then ram into enemies like Conker does. Other players could break Mr. Barrel and you could jump off of him at any time.
Say, that's a really good idea!
I could see it working pretty much like the DK's barrels

except you could hop on them and control it!
Now that I think about that, they could do somekind of troll joke, much like the fake smash balls! Where you spot it and you think it's just a regular barrel but then you see his eyes popping out of the inside, and that's where you notice!

Another one that I thought is Mr.s Bee's Hive!

where you couldn't move around the stage with it but you could point at your opponets and shoot powerfull blasters at them!
If you're not satisfied with where it got parked, you could get out of it, pick it up, and place it somewhere else!
To get inside it, you have to jump on it, just like in BFD!

Oh and the money could also make a really cool and funny item too!

They wouldn't be that easy to catch, since they would be running away from you the whole time, but if you can hit it and catch it, you'll get an instant extra life!

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

Say, that's a really good idea!
I could see it working pretty much like the DK's barrels

except you could hop on them and control it!
Now that I think about that, they could do somekind of troll joke, much like the fake smash balls! Where you spot it and you think it's just a regular barrel but then you see his eyes popping out of the inside, and that's where you notice!

Another one that I thought is Mr.s Bee's Hive!

where you couldn't move around the stage with it but you could point at your opponets and shoot powerfull blasters at them!
If you're not satisfied with where it got parked, you could get out of it, pick it up, and place it somewhere else!
To get inside it, you have to jump on it, just like in BFD!

Oh and the money could also make a really cool and funny item too!

They wouldn't be that easy to catch, since they would be running away from you the whole time, but if you can hit it and catch it, you'll get an instant extra life!
Those are all great ideas! Mrs. Bee's Hive would be a fun item to use, and the money would be a nice alternative to the Special Flag. I'm sure if Sakurai wanted to put Conker items into Smash, he can come up with creative ideas like these.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I'd love to see Conker in Smash with Banjo/Kazooie, they probably would have been in by now if Nintendo kept Rare.

Does anyone else prefer the 64s graphics over the remakes? I am probably the only person that likes N64 graphics, esecially for cartoon games, but no shares the same opinion.

TheBeastHimself

I'd love to see Conker in Smash with Banjo/Kazooie, they probably would have been in by now if Nintendo kept Rare.

Does anyone else prefer the 64s graphics over the remakes? I am probably the only person that likes N64 graphics, esecially for cartoon games, but no shares the same opinion.
I feel the same way. While I do like the other games' graphics, I always felt like the N64 version had the most expressive characters and the overall art style of the game is a lot more better in my opinion than the remakes. I even like Conker himself better in the N64 version, in Live and Reloaded he looks more brown than orangish red.

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace

Yeah, I bet Banjo would have been there already in Melee, and Conker would have probably been included in Brawl!

Actually, I have been saying that many times before in this thread! Just like TheBeastHimself TheBeastHimself said in his previous comment, the characters look way more expressive, and the graphics and art style makes it feel more colorful and cartoony, just like every cartoon 3d platformer should be!

The realistic and detailed graphics of Live and Reloaded really don't go well, I mean what's the point of it being liket that, if they're supposed to be representing cartoon characters?!

But not all of them are like that, Super Mario Odyssey on the other hand, does a really good job in having some realistic and detailed environments and creatures, while also knowing what should keep a cartoony and colorful design and appearance (most notably the characters)!

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
By the way, I know I should already be used to this, but GOD in every single video that talks about xbox live coming to Switch, I still can't f#cking believe that all I see in the comment section is stuff like "Banjo for Smash"/"Banjo come home" (and even stuff like this related to Master Chief and Steve), but still no single mention of Conker! It drives me MAAAD!!!

TheBeastHimself

By the way, I know I should already be used to this, but GOD in every single video that talks about xbox live coming to Switch, I still can't f#cking believe that all I see in the comment section is stuff like "Banjo for Smash"/"Banjo come home" (and even stuff like this related to Master Chief and Steve), but still no single mention of Conker! It drives me MAAAD!!!
We just have to keep talking about Conker. Let more people find this thread, and as a result more people will start talking about Conker. Maybe things really would change if Banjo got announced, but at the time being, Conker isn't considered high priority in the Smash community and therefore won't be discussed a whole lot.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
We just have to keep talking about Conker. Let more people find this thread, and as a result more people will start talking about Conker. Maybe things really would change if Banjo got announced, but at the time being, Conker isn't considered high priority in the Smash community and therefore won't be discussed a whole lot.
Yeah I guess you're right! Let's keep the fight going then!

By the way, what do you think of my GIF?

TheBeastHimself

Yeah I guess you're right! Let's keep the fight going then!

By the way, what do you think of my GIF?

I think it's perfect because that's something Conker would do!

I tried reaching out to Banjo fans for support, cuz us Rarebros gotta stick together, but nothing much came from it. So we'll have to grow Conker's fanbase ourselves if we want the type of support Banjo is getting.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Hell count me in too, I'm not only a Banjo-Kazooie fan ,But a big fan of most things Rareware ( Big 3: Donkey Kong, Banjo-Kazooie and Conker) and I mostly hang out on the Banjo-Kazooie thread, But I was also a huge supporter of King K.Rool (My 2nd most wanted newcomer after Banjo-Kazooie) and also supported Conker and Dixie Kong.

I know some of you guys might think we don't care much about Conker on our thread, But we really do, We discuss most things Rare, But were so focused in our campaign for Banjo-Kazooie that we lose track of other things.

A lot of Banjo-Kazooie fans supported King K. Rool and once he got in BK support grew, But we also didn't forget about our drunken squirrel friend either, I'm sure if Banjo-Kazooie gets in Smash, Conker will be next in line as the next Rare newcomer.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

Us rare boys gotta stick together. Sign me up
Hell count me in too, I'm not only a Banjo-Kazooie fan ,But a big fan of most things Rareware ( Big 3: Donkey Kong, Banjo-Kazooie and Conker) and I mostly hang out on the Banjo-Kazooie thread, But I was also a huge supporter of King K.Rool (My 2nd most wanted newcomer after Banjo-Kazooie) and also supported Conker and Dixie Kong.

I know some of you guys might think we don't care much about Conker on our thread, But we really do, We discuss most things Rare, But were so focused in our campaign for Banjo-Kazooie that we lose track of other things.

A lot of Banjo-Kazooie fans supported King K. Rool and once he got in BK support grew, But we also didn't forget about our drunken squirrel friend either, I'm sure if Banjo-Kazooie gets in Smash, Conker will be next in line as the next Rare newcomer.
Thank you so much for your help guys, it's greatly appreciated! I hope I didn't offend any Banjo fans because I didn't want to make it sound like you guys only cared about yourselves or something. I just wanted the other Rare characters to have a platform to stand on as well, that's all. I have, and will continue, to support Banjo. I played Banjo before Conker and the first game is definitely up there as one of my favorite games of all time. I've repeated this a gazillion times, but I support the bear, bird, and squirrel.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace

I know some of you guys think we don't care much about Conker on our thread, But we really do, We discuss most things Rare, But were so focused in our campaign for Banjo-Kazooie that we lose track of other things.

A lot of Banjo-Kazooie fans supported King K. Rool and once he got in BK support grew, But we also didn't forget about drunken squirrel friend either, I'm sure if Banjo-Kazooie gets in Smash, Conker will be next in line as the next Rare newcomer.
Yes, yes, this is exactly what we want, Rare supporters, we're supposed to be a team!

Thanks for your help, that information gives me hope!

Top Bottom