• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"A Bad Smash Day..."- Conker for Ultimate!

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
What did you guys put on the Switch suggestions (in case you want to share it)?
I mentioned that it would be nice to have more Nintendo avatar choices for your profile picture, such as Pokemon, Earthbound, DK and some classic fan favourites (Ice Climbers, Detective Stevenson, Balloon Fighter, Duck Hunt Dog, etc)
And I also made pretty much a summary of why Rare Replay should be on the Switch!
For Switch suggestions, I mentioned that there should be more focus on the less popular franchises. EarthBound, F-Zero, Pikmin, Star Fox, Kid Icarus. The avatar choices you mentioned is a really good idea that slipped my mind. I remember when I got my Switch I was bummed out about the limited number of profile pics to choose from, so I'm glad someone was able to mention that. Would definitely be rocking a Lucas sprite instead of the Luigi picture I have now.

In the meantime, I do wish RR comes to the Switch someday, I don't want to buy an Xbone just for that and Battletoads.
Yeah trust me, an Xbone is 100% not worth it if you're just getting it for Rare Reply. I got Rare Reply when it first came out and it most certainly is a worthy purchase, but yeah you should wait and see if it eventually comes to the Switch. I have a good feeling that maybe this year, or a year or two from now, it will come to the Switch. If Microsoft and Nintendo are smart, they'll figure out that a great way for them to both profit is to reintroduce Rare IPs to both audiences.

You can put me down as a supporter for this one. I absolutely love Conker and I'm hoping all the classic Rare bois get a foot in the door.
Welcome aboard!

EDIT: WOOHOO PAGE 5!

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, while I doubt there will be any sort of codec for Conker, I do wonder how he would react to the Smash cast. Conker is very talkative after all.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
You know, while I doubt there will be any sort of codec for Conker, I do wonder how he would react to the Smash cast. Conker is very talkative after all.
I expect him to say a few funny comments in his taunts and his victory pose!

Still disappointed that they refused to make new codec calls!

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I expect him to say a few funny comments in his taunts and his victory pose!

Still disappointed that they refused to make new codec calls!
Yeah, though I do almost wonder if one of his taunts will have a special trait. Like how certain taunts can damage or the entire codecs system. I think a special taunt would fit him, I just don't know what it would be.

TheBeastHimself

Yeah, though I do almost wonder if one of his taunts will have a special trait. Like how certain taunts can damage or the entire codecs system. I think a special taunt would fit him, I just don't know what it would be.
I'd have to really think about the game. The closest thing I can think of is there's this one specific idle animation where he'll shoot a flamethrower only if you're standing near butterflies. Maybe that...? Probably would be over-powered for a taunt, but I thing he definitely deserves a damage-dealing taunt. I know for one thing, Conker already has a bunch of idle animations from his game. He could juggle and yell at the player to ask what they're doing. This was excluded from Conker's Live and Reloaded (because obvious Microsoft reasons) but I'd really like one of Conker's taunts to be pulling out a Gameboy and playing it, just like one of his idle animations in Bad Fur Day.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I'd have to really think about the game. The closest thing I can think of is there's this one specific idle animation where he'll shoot a flamethrower only if you're standing near butterflies. Maybe that...? Probably would be over-powered for a taunt, but I thing he definitely deserves a damage-dealing taunt. I know for one thing, Conker already has a bunch of idle animations from his game. He could juggle and yell at the player to ask what they're doing. This was excluded from Conker's Live and Reloaded (because obvious Microsoft reasons) but I'd really like one of Conker's taunts to be pulling out a Gameboy and playing it, just like one of his idle animations in Bad Fur Day.
My perfect special taunt for Conker would be an actual verbal taunt. He would have something unique to say about each character in the game, so it would function like pseudo codec, except it would just be a single quip from him. It would certainly be a lot easier to make than the other codecs, as you only have to worry about recording Conker. When it comes to the Gameboy idea, maybe he could take a note from the DK crews idle animations and decide to upgrade to a Switch. That would still hearken back to the original game while both referencing his connection to the DK crew through Diddy and be more currently meta.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
My perfect special taunt for Conker would be an actual verbal taunt. He would have something unique to say about each character in the game, so it would function like pseudo codec, except it would just be a single quip from him. It would certainly be a lot easier to make than the other codecs, as you only have to worry about recording Conker. When it comes to the Gameboy idea, maybe he could take a note from the DK crews idle animations and decide to upgrade to a Switch. That would still hearken back to the original game while both referencing his connection to the DK crew through Diddy and be more currently meta.
Oh my god, that would actually be trully unique, and the best thing is that, it would fit him so well!

The flamethrower idea is really well spoted too, idk if it would be that overpowered tho, I'm guessing that it wouldn't be that different from Toon Link's taunt where he freaks out and starts swiping his sword!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Oh my god, that would actually be trully unique, and the best thing is that, it would fit him so well!

The flamethrower idea is really well spoted too, idk if it would be that overpowered tho, I'm guessing that it wouldn't be that different from Toon Link's taunt where he freaks out and starts swiping his sword!
Yeah, and you could easily keep most of the traits that made his character great. I say most because I don't think they would go as far as the original game did when it comes to his perspective on attractive females.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

Yeah, and you could easily keep most of the traits that made his character great. I say most because I don't think they would go as far as the original game did when it comes to his perspective on attractive females.
Exactly. But a lot of people think that you can't keep Conker's traits when that isn't true. It's one of the "strongest" arguments people use against him. He does not need booze, or the need to be horny. That's not everything that makes up a person lol

Super8

Smash Rookie
I love that one, but my personal favourite is this one right here!
These two, plus the iconic windmill theme are a must have if Conker (hopefully) gets in!
Oh yeah
Welcome to the thread, and to Smash boards! Plz, make yourself at home!

Out of curiosity, how younger???
Hey thank you very much!! Humm I think I was around 8-10 when I first heard about conker. I remember when Live & Reloaded came out, I didn't know anything about it and I had that one friend that always bring his instruction book that came with the game, I thought it looked awesome so I asked my parents for xbox and the game. Since then, im a fan!

TheBeastHimself

Another Smash worthy music track:

Hey thank you very much!! Humm I think I was around 8-10 when I first heard about conker. I remember when Live & Reloaded came out, I didn't know anything about it and I had that one friend that always bring his instruction book that came with the game, I thought it looked awesome so I asked my parents for xbox and the game. Since then, im a fan!
Have you played the original Bad Fur Day?

Live and Reloaded isn't that bad in my opinion, I've recently started playing it again. Xbox Live is no longer supported for it, but that's not my main priority of the game. There is, however, a few gripes I have with it. How ironic is it that Live and Reloaded (Xbox's answer to Bad Fur Day) is the more censored version, and Nintendo releases the more explicit version? I mean they censored my man the Great Mighty Poo and it makes his song sound awkward because he's supposed to be saying **** and ****ty, that's his thing! I've expressed this before, but yeah I also don't like how Microsoft cancelled Other Bad Day in favor of Live and Reloaded, just to implement their online multiplayer bs.

Otherwise, Live and Reloaded is still pretty solid. I think the timing of its release is just off, it should've came out after Other Bad Day. Me personally, I like the idea of having a Conker game with better graphics. That's why I wasn't opposed to Big Reunion when that was announced a few years back.

I have a question for you guys: Why do you guys think the Banjo-Kazooie franchise ended up becoming more popular than Conker?

EDIT: Wanted to also share this:

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Here's a victory pose for Conker!
I so want this to be possible to see in Smash one day!

EDIT: I pretty much thought that the inclusion of King K.rool would also make the concept feel more complete and "Rareish"

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

Yeah, thanks a lot!
No problem, it's great!

I have a question for you that's somewhat related to this. If Conker gets in, do you think they would use his happy/kid friendly face for his character portrait, or his angry/sadistic face?

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I have a question for you that's somewhat related to this. If Conker gets in, do you think they would use his happy/kid friendly face for his character portrait, or his angry/sadistic face?
I pretty much expect him with a happy/smiley face, I mean that's mostly how he is seen in his games, including BFD! He only has an angry face when he runs or attacks
(And that's how I expect him to get each time he attacks an opponent!)

TheBeastHimself

I pretty much expect him with a happy/smiley face, I mean that's mostly how he is seen in his games, including BFD! He only has an angry face when he runs or attacks
(And that's how I expect him to get each time he attacks an opponent!)
I was pretty much thinking the same thing. By the way I found this cool thing:

kirb.PNG

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I was pretty much thinking the same thing. By the way I found this cool thing:

Wowsers! Who made that?!
It's so cool and fitting! And it's also really satisfying to see, for a change, some cool fan art to support Conker in Smash, instead of Banjo or Geno!

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Otherwise, Live and Reloaded is still pretty solid. I think the timing of its release is just off, it should've came out after Other Bad Day. Me personally, I like the idea of having a Conker game with better graphics. That's why I wasn't opposed to Big Reunion when that was announced a few years back.

I have a question for you guys: Why do you guys think the Banjo-Kazooie franchise ended up becoming more popular than Conker?
I personally prefer the BFD graphics and visual design, I just find it more colourfil, cartoony and expressive that way (but that's just me)!

I always thought that one was just as popular as the other one!
But with all the Banjo support for Smash, I guess not!
Still, it's interesting to see that while fans find Banjo as more appealing, Rare seems to have more pride and faith in Conker!

To answer your question, it might be either because Banjo came first or because people aren't big fans of BDF's content and humor!

TheBeastHimself

Wowsers! Who made that?!
It's so cool and fitting! And it's also really satisfying to see, for a change, some cool fan art to support Conker in Smash, instead of Banjo or Geno!
Not sure, but it's definitely refreshing to see some Conker Smash fan art!

I personally prefer the BFD graphics and visual design, I just find it more colourfil, cartoony and expressive that way (but that's just me)!

I always thought that one was just as popular as the other one!
But with all the Banjo support for Smash, I guess not!
Still, it's interesting to see that while fans find Banjo as more appealing, Rare seems to have more pride and faith in Conker!

To answer your question, it might be either because Banjo came first or because people aren't big fans of BDF's content and humor!
I also feel like timing is another reason. Conker's game was released at the tail-end of the N64, when most people were gearing up for the Gamecube. And I agree with you, another big thing might've been the humor.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Daaaamn! At that age, I really don't think I could handle seeing blood and gore coming out of Nintendo cartoon characters (and I was a kid who laughed at Itchy and Scratchy when I was around that age)!!

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
EDIT: Wanted to also share this:
The funny thing is, I really wasn't expecting you to send a video suggesting Conker's victory pose and theme, when I sent that drawing (nor did I even noticed it, once I showed it)
But yeah, I did too get inspired by his pose at the beggining of BFD when I drew him, that and also this image right here:

I just forgot to add his series' icon in there (I think his tail would have been the best choice for that)!

Yeah, and that theme for his victory animation is literally perfect!
Damn that just makes me want Conker even more (and I thought that wasn't possible)!

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

The funny thing is, I really wasn't expecting you to send a video suggesting Conker's victory pose and theme, when I sent that drawing (nor did I even noticed it, once I showed it)
But yeah, I did too get inspired by his pose at the beggining of BFD when I drew him, that and also this image right here:

I just forgot to add his series' icon in there (I think his tail would have been the best choice for that)!

Yeah, and that theme for his victory animation is literally perfect!
Damn that just makes me want Conker even more (and I thought that wasn't possible)!
Yeah. I think at this point we pretty much covered all the bases and can clearly see that our squirrel perfectly qualifies for Smash. At this point, I guess the deciding factor of him getting in balances on either Microsoft suggesting it, or him gaining a lot of popularity.

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
Welcome to the club! :)

Do you have a history with Conker?
Thank you. Yes, after smash 64, Conker's Bad Fur Day and Diddy Kong Racing were my next biggest multiplayer experiences.

For some strange reason I mained Conker in DKR despite having an opportunity to use Diddy and Banjo and having no clue who Conker was...and it wasn't until Conker's BFD that I was able to play a game starring Conker.

The game blew me away in middle school because of how messed up it was and up until that point Conker was just an innocent squirrel in a children's racing game. My friends and I played War multiplayer so much and I loved using the katana and sniper. Close range and long range was my jam.

And I still listen to that EDM track from the caveman level til this day.

All around amazing character for sure!

TheBeastHimself

I learned something cool the other day that I wanted to share here. So a lot of the folks that left Rare following the Microsoft buy-out went to Playtonic Games, and you guys probably know about their spiritual successor to Banjo "Yooka Laylee". What I thought was really need is that there's a reference to Conker in the game! In the library/archive of the central hub world, there's a book titled "Jetpacks and Butlers: Your First Investment". In the barn level of Bad Fur Day, Conker says "Jetpacks and butlers, here we come" after grabbing the money above the sunflower. Maybe Conker wrote that book? Either way, it's nice to know that the old folks that used to work at Rare, in addition to Rare's current staff, have not forgotten about Conker after all this time.

By the way, I think the whole "Conker has very graphic source material" argument is pretty much invalid at this point. Not just Snake, not just Bayonetta proves this, but Joker. There's a Persona boss (who also appears in Joker's game) that clearly resembles a male's genitals soo... I think Conker's safe, and this once again just reinforces that he qualifies for Smash.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

So...

Opinions?
The possibility of Rare Replay on the Switch only increases, in turn increasing the chances of Banjo (and maybe Conker) in Smash. If this is true, then it's just an overall great announcement because Rare characters can finally reunite with Nintendo, something everyone used to think was a complete impossibility.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The possibility of Rare Replay on the Switch only increases, in turn increasing the chances of Banjo (and maybe Conker) in Smash. If this is true, then it's just an overall great announcement because Rare characters can finally reunite with Nintendo, something everyone used to think was a complete impossibility.
It'll be almost like Hudson Soft making games for both their own Turbo line and Nintendo hardware back in the day! Except with Microsoft and the Xbox lasting much longer.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
And here is the thing, there is legitimate logic behind Microsoft doing this. They have been eying up Nintendo for years. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't part of the reason they even bought Rare is because they believed that DK was apart of the package? Anyway, Microsoft knows that Nintendo owns the handheld market and has probably realized that the Switch is not something they could ever beat unless they turned the entire premise of there consoles around, notably in there power. And if they were to do that, that would give Sony the upper hand. So, I imagine Microsoft is pulling an new symbiotic strategy with Nintendo. Nintendo supplies the handheld market with Microsoft games and Nintendo gets an even bigger library.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Exactly, these are great news!

Considering that Sakurai has been recently playing a lot of 3rd party videogames, and considering that Banjo is highly requested, that might encourage him to get Rare Replay and try out Conker's Bad Fur Day, after all!!! I don't think he will get disencouraged by its mature humor since he is, aparently, is a fan of Persona!

By the way, something really weird and awesome happened when I was playing Mario Kart on my SNES!!!l

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Oh, that reminds me, Hat-Loving Gamer on YouTube has been running a contest for which character(s) you want to see in his next Mario Kart with 101 players vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WXMjLcQ8Rs

The deadline for this is March the 1st, so please hurry as much as possible.
Yeah, that's where I got my inspiration from!
They're really talented people!

But sadly, they won't accept this!
They mentioned that for their next video, they only want unlicensed characters (basically characters created by you)!

Top Bottom