• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"A Bad Smash Day..."- Conker for Ultimate!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Conker wouldn't want to come to Smash Bros. He'd get an invitation and just be like "it's gonna be one of those days". Because Conker is a millionaire king, I'm sure he'd rather drink his brains out with hookers than become a fighter in Smash...

BUT MAN **** ALL OF THAT

I WILL DRAG HIM BY HIS EARS IF I HAVE TO TO GET HIM INTO THIS GAME
What if Conker get's into Smash and he still super depressed over all that happened? That would be hard to watch.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
On another note, what is everyone thinking stage wise for Conker?

The inside of the poo mountain, and have the Great Mighty Poo throwing balls of sh*t at you in the backgroung, while his theme plays!
But I'm afraid that'll never happen!

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Conker wouldn't want to come to Smash Bros. He'd get an invitation and just be like "it's gonna be one of those days". Because Conker is a millionaire king, I'm sure he'd rather drink his brains out with hookers than become a fighter in Smash...
Nah, Conker is still pretty adventurous!
Maybe if his invintation mentions money as a reward, he will get immediately convinced to go!

after all, it's Conker who we are talking about!

EDIT: Four pages in less than a day??!! We're really getting the hang of this!

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

The inside of the poo mountain, and have the Great Mighty Poo throwing balls of sh*t at you in the backgroung, while his theme plays!
But I'm afraid that'll never happen!
Tragic that it will never happen. I don't think it would be easy to sell people on a stage made out of literal sh*t. Would probably gross a lot of people out.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
What if Conker get's into Smash and he still super depressed over all that happened? That would be hard to watch.
I wouldn't be surprised. He watched his childhood sweetheart get mowed down by a machine gun. He said his entire point of living was gone. In the end credit scene, he was in a bar all depressed, and then left sometime later drunk with a wide smile.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
If Lucas can go to Smash without being depressed with the loss of his loved ones, than I'm sure as hell Conker can too!

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

If Lucas can go to Smash without being depressed with the loss of his loved ones, than I'm sure as hell Conker can too!
Yeah I highly doubt Conker would be depressed in Smash. From the looks of it (if Conker's Big Reunion is canon), he's gotten over Berri's death and looks to have moved on. That game is supposed to take place 10 years after Bad Fur Day as well!

By the way I just realized something odd and kinda sad. Chris Seavor, the one who gave us the Conker we all know and love, left Rare in 2011, the year of Bad Fur Day's 10th anniversary.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I wouldn't be surprised. He watched his childhood sweetheart get mowed down by a machine gun. He said his entire point of living was gone. In the end credit scene, he was in a bar all depressed, and then left sometime later drunk with a wide smile.
The original planned ending was even worse, he would have shot himself.
Although granted, that probably would have saved Rare a lot of trouble, if they knew what would happen to them after that.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
The original planned ending was even worse, he would have shot himself.
Although granted, that probably would have saved Rare a lot of trouble, if they knew what would happen to them after that.
Yeah, the only reason they didn't do that was because they had plans for a sequel.

If only they knew.

TheBeastHimself

Yeah, the only reason they didn't do that was because they had plans for a sequel.

If only they knew.
I've mentioned this before in this thread, but I'm going to do it again. Nobody takes Bad Fur Day seriously, obviously. But the developers actually made a really depressing story that you will only discover by trying to rationalize the game's craziness. Bad Fur Day teaches Conker about the dangers of greed and desire: they only lead to suffering. Unfortunately, he had to learn that the hardest way possible. Berri was only killed because Conker agreed to complete a mission that would make him a millionaire, a mission he didn't know was actually a trap to catch them.

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
By the way I just realized something odd and kinda sad. Chris Seavor, the one who gave us the Conker we all know and love, left Rare in 2011, the year of Bad Fur Day's 10th anniversary.
If only someone could go back in time and convince Nintendo to buy the full rights to Rare!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I've mentioned this before in this thread, but I'm going to do it again. Nobody takes Bad Fur Day seriously, obviously. But the developers actually made a really depressing story that you will only discover by trying to rationalize the game's craziness. Bad Fur Day teaches Conker about the dangers of greed and desire: they only lead to suffering. Unfortunately, he had to learn that the hardest way possible. Berri was only killed because Conker agreed to complete a mission that would make him a millionaire, a mission he didn't know was actually a trap to catch them.
Yeah, despite how the game portrays itself, the game starts to get more and more depressing as time goes on. Even the pop culture references start to get a lot more dark and depressing once you reach the Saving Private Ryan section

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I just wish cultural differences didn't get in the way, otherwise it'd be easier for creators to be okay with buying stuff they didn't make themselves.

Hell, the only reason SE got so much Western stuff was because they screwed up badly with Spirits Within and need anything they can get to stay afloat now.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
To this day, I'm still wondering what ending was the planned sequel going to get (hopefully a happy one)!

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
No lie, having a Great Mighty Poo stage would be hilarious although I admit it’ll most likely just end grossing out non Conker fans, plus I can see NoJ rejecting such an idea of having their beloved characters fighting in a literal pile of s****

Although Master Belch from Earthbound is a literal pile of vomit who’s a Spirit and one of Ness’ alts and we have Wario’s Waft so toilet humor in Smash isn’t out of the question but it’d be toned down for sure.

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I just wish cultural differences didn't get in the way, otherwise it'd be easier for creators to be okay with buying stuff they didn't make themselves.

Hell, the only reason SE got so much Western stuff was because they screwed up badly with Spirits Within and need anything they can get to stay afloat now.
You're right, I'm guessing Nintendo itself could still make a pretty good job with DKC and Banjo Kazooie!
But with Conker, the nasty and perverted humor mostly, wouldn't probably be quite the same!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
No lie, having a Great Mighty Poo stage would be hilarious although I admit it’ll most likely just end grossing out non Conker fans, plus I can see NoJ rejecting such an idea of having their beloved characters fighting in a literal pile of s****

Although Master Belch from Earthbound is a literal pile of vomit who’s a Spirit and one of Ness’ alts and we have Wario’s Waft so toilet humor in Smash isn’t out of the question but it’d be toned down for sure.
Yeah, but you would not know that about Belch unless you knew more about the character and there is a distinct difference between fart humor and a literal cavern of sh*t.

Super8

Smash Rookie
So down with Conker! One of my favs character ever when I was younger.

TheBeastHimself

So down with Conker! One of my favs character ever when I was younger.
Welcome aboard! Feel free to jump in whenever. We're all for that lunatic squirrel.

We rock. Within eight days, we got this thread from one page and zero activity to four pages and lots of activity. Let's keep the energy going!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What would Conker's battle entrance be (like how Mario enters battle through his green pipe)?

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
What would Conker's battle entrance be (like how Mario enters battle through his green pipe)?
I think the best way would be to have him being carried and dropped on the stage, by a giant skeleton hand (that's what happens in BFD each time Conker dies and loses a life)!

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I am not as hard on Steve as others, but Master Chief's popularity always kinda bugged me when I always figured Doomguy would be a more fitting FPS rep with his even more important role in FPS history and surprisingly good Nintendo history.
I still can't believe people think that a generic military marine (from a series of games that has 0 history with Nintendo) is more fitting and has more chances than a cartoon character from a series of 3d platforming(who was 2nd Party and, until this day, is still kind of considered a Nintendo character, despite not being owned by Nintendo anymore)!

I do agree that Doomguy does fit in a weird way (much like Solid Snake)!
He is iconic and his most popular games are classic and vintage titles that even revolutionized the FPS genre!
Despite being violent and gory, his games (specially the first ones) are still over the top in kind of a cartoony way!
Plus the demons from his games have a really colourful and creative design that kind of translates well with Nintendo's style!
If he does get in, I just hope they go with his classic armor suit, the new one is way too generic and uninspiring!

Still, the only M-rated character (or hell, the only videogame character) that I trully want in Smash right now, is Conker!

TheBeastHimself

I still can't believe people think that a generic military marine (from a series of games that has 0 history with Nintendo) is more fitting and has more chances than a cartoon character from a series of 3d platforming(who was 2nd Party and, until this day, is still kind of considered a Nintendo character, despite not being owned by Nintendo anymore)!

I do agree that Doomguy does fit in a weird way (much like Solid Snake)!
He is iconic and his most popular games are classic and vintage titles that even revolutionized the FPS genre!
Despite being violent and gory, his games (specially the first ones) are still over the top in kind of a cartoony way!
Plus the demons from his games have a really colourful and creative design that kind of translates well with Nintendo's style!
If he does get in, I just hope they go with his classic armor suit, the new one is way too generic and uninspiring!

Still, the only M-rated character (or hell, the only videogame character) that I trully want in Smash right now, is Conker!
I'd only want Master Chief in because I have lots of fond memories playing Halo 3 and Reach with my friends on Xbox Live, but I never really got into the series like other people have because I wasn't interested when Combat Evolved came out, and I don't remember a lot of my friends playing Halo until 3 came out.

I think the best way would be to have him being carried and dropped on the stage, by a giant skeleton hand (that's what happens in BFD each time Conker dies and loses a life)!
When Zack asked that I was thinking the exact same thing, it would most likely be the skeletal hand dropping him down. The only other thing I can think of is him flying onto the stage with his tail spin, but I think that move would be better saved for his actual moveset.

TheBeastHimself

So I found this in the Isaac thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/asa97e/just_launched_the_second_state_of_switch_survey/

There are some questions about what game/series you want to see on the Switch, and there is on question about anything you would like to add overall. This is the perfect chance to make it clear that you want to see a new Conker game/ remakes of the previous Conker games on the Switch!
I just completed that survey. I mentioned Conker when they asked about what 3rd party franchises I wanted to come to the switch, but I expressed my hopes for new EarthBound content on the last question.

Is that an official survey, like what is all the data going to be used for?

D

Deleted member

I just completed that survey. I mentioned Conker when they asked about what 3rd party franchises I wanted to come to the switch, but I expressed my hopes for new EarthBound content on the last question.

Is that an official survey, like what is all the data going to be used for?
You bet I made sure that I want a remake of the Mother trilogy.

And, yes, it's an official survey. I think it's being used for seeing what content to bring to Switch and what ways to improve the Switch

TheBeastHimself

You bet I made sure that I want a remake of the Mother trilogy.

And, yes, it's an official survey. I think it's being used for seeing what content to bring to Switch and what ways to improve the Switch
Hoping a lot of people ask for EarthBound stuff. A book full of EB fanart with thousands of signatures was sent to Nintendo, and that resulted in nothing. Maybe they'll listen this time.

We've talked about this before here, but I just feel like it's a great talking point. Those Totaku figures... Microsoft licensed Banjo and Conker to them. That is proof right there that Microsoft, nor Rare, has forgotten about either series. But what I can't figure out is what their reasoning for this was. Why in 2018 of all years? And why use their N64 designs instead of their updated Xbox appearances? It's very odd. Same thing with First 4 Figures. They licensed Banjo and Conker to First 4 Figures, a company that makes very high quality figures and charges a lot of money for them. Once again, the two can be seen in their N64 designs rather than their Xbox designs. Could this just be Microsoft trying to appeal to nostalgia? Or could something more be read from this? If Conker wasn't over $400, I'd buy this in an instant:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Made sure to mention this on the further thoughts:

It would be great for it to not only have an online library of games from the SNES, N64 and other systems, but also herald the proper return of Wario Land, if only to balance out whenever Wario Ware is put on hold.
Also, nice to see the Isabelle gif at the end.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Great, I'll ask them to get Rare Replay then, and mostly mention Conker and Banjo being where they belong again!
But I must sign in for Reddit, first!

TheBeastHimself

To be honest Rare Reply belongs on Nintendo consoles just as much as Xbox. Some games on there were originally published by Nintendo, others by Microsoft. Makes sense to have the game on both platforms. It's definitely more possible now than say a couple years ago, which is very relieving to hear. I remember during the Smash 4 speculation days when most didn't even consider Banjo a realistic possibility, but now the tables have certainly turned in our favor. :)

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
No need, the link to the survey is in the Reddit post itself.
Oh cool thanks, guess I saved some time!

To be honest Rare Reply belongs on Nintendo consoles just as much as Xbox. Some games on there were originally published by Nintendo, others by Microsoft. Makes sense to have the game on both platforms. It's definitely more possible now than say a couple years ago, which is very relieving to hear. I remember during the Smash 4 speculation days when most didn't even consider Banjo a realistic possibility, but now the tables have certainly turned in our favor. :)
I guess so, but still most of them were published by Nintendo, and those were the titles that made most fans love both Rare and Nintendo!

I know, with the xbox live coming to the Switch, I say that Banjo and maybe even Conker are on the right track for Smash!
If Banjo does get in on this DLC fighters Pass, there's always the chance that they will make another and add Conker too (maybe to celebrate Rare's 35th anniversary)

What did you guys put on the Switch suggestions (in case you want to share it)?
I mentioned that it would be nice to have more Nintendo avatar choices for your profile picture, such as Pokemon, Earthbound, DK and some classic fan favourites (Ice Climbers, Detective Stevenson, Balloon Fighter, Duck Hunt Dog, etc)
And I also made pretty much a summary of why Rare Replay should be on the Switch!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
In the meantime, I do wish RR comes to the Switch someday, I don't want to buy an Xbone just for that and Battletoads.

BlueJaySSB

Poggers my Doggers
You can put me down as a supporter for this one. I absolutely love Conker and I'm hoping all the classic Rare bois get a foot in the door.

Top Bottom