• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"A Bad Smash Day..."- Conker for Ultimate!

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I’m so proud of my thread being revived by fellow Conker fans, I always assumed it would fade into the backside since a majority of the members weren’t interested and were focused on the more popular ones.

You know, it wouldn’t suprise if Microsoft at the very least would consider Conker a candidate for the Fighters Pass considering how much they tried to push him in their own works such as Project Dream and ugh...Young Conker...

Of course, assuming MS is even getting a character.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I’m so proud of my thread being revived by fellow Conker fans, I always assumed it would fade into the backside since a majority of the members weren’t interested and were focused on the more popular ones.

You know, it wouldn’t suprise if Microsoft at the very least would consider Conker a candidate for the Fighters Pass considering how much they tried to push him in their own works such as Project Dream and ugh...Young Conker...

I wanted the squirrel and i didnt care if he was popular or not, I just kept pushing this thread. And yeah, it should be noted that Conker has been pushed by Microsoft and not Banjo. DOESN'T NECESSARILY MEAN ANYTHING, but it's there.

D

Deleted member

Mr. Stevenson Mr. Stevenson I'll reply to you when I get back from class, when I have more time.
I laughed so hard when I saw this XD

I never thought Joker would be prioritized over other Sega reps so yeah, it's certainly possible Conker is DLC.

I feel like he would be a surprise like Joker

Dee Dude

3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Honestly, I just wish people would push Conker for a second Mircosoft character instead of Steve/Master Chief if Banjo happens.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
It's true man, just watch this!

That information, is at 4:00! Really glad Nintendo supported and cared about it, even though the game's content was really contrary to their image!

Also, thanks for supporting!

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I never thought Joker would be prioritized over other Sega reps so yeah, it's certainly possible Conker is DLC.

I feel like he would be a surprise like Joker
I imagine that if they were to pull a Joker, they would also have to confirm that Banjo is also coming as well, otherwise some people might be pissed. I would not mind, but I can't say the same for the Smash community as a whole.

TheBeastHimself

Honestly, I just wish people would push Conker for a second Mircosoft character instead of Steve/Master Chief if Banjo happens.
Same. Everyone remembers Banjo and Conker as Nintendo characters and they are the most popular Rare characters. In my opinion, due to their roots to Nintendo and their unanimous praise from gamers, they deserve priority over Steve and Master Chief.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, same. I would much rather have Conker than Master Chief or Steve (I like Banjo too so him coming with Conker would be awesome).

I imagine that if they were to pull a Joker, they would also have to confirm that Banjo is also coming as well, otherwise some people might be pissed. I would not mind, but I can't say the same for the Smash community as a whole.
Well, every character has people who may get pissed at their inclusion.

But yeah, best timeline is having both Banjo and Conker.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Same. Everyone remembers Banjo and Conker as Nintendo characters and they are the most popular Rare characters. In my opinion, due to their roots to Nintendo and their unanimous praise from gamers, they deserve priority of Steve and Master Chief.
I am not as hard on Steve as others, but Master Chief's popularity always kinda bugged me when I always figured Doomguy would be a more fitting FPS rep with his even more important role in FPS history and surprisingly good Nintendo history.

TheBeastHimself

Conker getting in before Banjo would result in one of the most saltiest scenarios in Smash history.

D

Deleted member

Conker getting in before Banjo would result in one of the most saltiest scenarios in Smash history.
I think what would be salty is Steve getting in before Banjo.

More people see Conker as something to help Banjo, as opposed to Steve (in my eyes at least).

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It would be quite the shock, that's for sure. And I am 80% certain that Conker would acknowledge this fact in a hypothetical reveal trailer.
I think what would be salty is Steve getting in before Banjo.

More people see Conker as something to help Banjo, as opposed to Steve (in my eyes at least).
That is true. Conkers inclusion would all but guarantee Banjo's eventually arrival. It's that people would have to wait knowing the Banjo could(Or from some people perspective, should) have been in Conker's place.

Last edited:

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
I should probably come over and say that I fully support Conker in Smash. I wish he was more popular in the community. A character that enjoys going to the pub and getting slightly too wasted. A true British rep.

Dee Dude

3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I don’t know how anyone can be angry about Conker getting in over Banjo.

Steve and Master Chief? Absolutely.

But Conker? To Rare fans, he’s the Batman to Banjo’s Superman, people will get hyped and be just as excited to see him in Smash, a little disappointed but still happy!

Don’t forget that his series is dead as well so people are wanting to him to be revived too.

D

Deleted member

If Conker's in Smash he better piss on people and **** them with a katana or I'll riot

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
If Conker's in Smash he better piss on people and **** them with a katana or I'll riot
I doubt he will pee on people, but I would not be surprised if he brought out a katana. Also, I am guessing you have been looking up a lot of Conker's Bad Fur Day stuff, right?

D

Deleted member

I doubt he will pee on people, but I would not be surprised if he brought out a katana. Also, I am guessing you have been looking up a lot of Conker's Bad Fur Day stuff, right?
Well, I learned that from GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 lmao :laugh:

But nah, Conker will piss on people in Smash and nothing will change that :rotfl:

Dee Dude

3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
How would you react to a real leak that featured Conker in it?

I think most people would shoot it down since nobody in Smashboards except us ever talks about the squirrel.

However, due to it looking convincing and having a character no one would expect, I think it’ll spark a lot of talk imo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If a leak has Conker in it, I think people might take some time to notice how they chose Conker to get leaked rather than Banjo.

I feel like it would be one with slightly more effort put into normal leaks though

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
If Conker is killed by a hazard such as the spikes in Kirby's Great Cave Offensive, he should decapitate in a really bloody animation.

He should also take 1% damage if he falls any distance longer than his height to represent his games' ridiculous fall damage /s

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
How would you react to a real leak that featured Conker in it?

I think most people would shoot it down since nobody in Smashboards expect us ever talks about the squirrel.

However, due to it looking convincing and having a character no one would expect, I think it’ll spark a lot of talk imo.
I mean, the Geno thread has been talking about Conker for a while now. It's part of the reason @Zack E. and I joined up, as it had us realize how cool Conker as an inclusion would be.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace

I'm the one who's thankfull!
There are a lot of characters that I want for Smash, but I can honestly say that Conker is undoubtedly the only one who would make me scream and cry of happiness (Insane, right)!

I am really hoping that (with the xbox live coming to switch) we get Rare Replay on a modern Nintendo console (which is where it belongs)! And that Sakurai gets to try it out in order to know more about Conker and his games!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Although granted, DLC is not rated.

Then again, Bayonetta got in Ultimate just fine.

But on the other other hand, they'd need to be really careful with how they make and handle the character model for such a bowel movement.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Although granted, DLC is not rated.

Then again, Bayonetta got in Ultimate just fine.

But on the other other hand, they'd need to be really careful with how they make and handle the character model for such a bowel movement.
Bayo did still get changed a little bit for the game from what I can recall, so I imagine they won't go all out for Conker.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
To this day, the concept of a huge pile of **** opera singing while fighting you in an N64 game still completely baffles me, and they pulled it off perfectly, even down to the lyrics. I think that's what I love most about Conker. Nintendo and Rare set this standard of what cutesy innocent platformers and characters should be like, and Conker replicates that. You can look at it and tell "oh okay, this is Nintendo". But the thing is, they completely disregard any of the platformer rules previously established. Instead of trying to rescue someone (Peach or Tootie, let's say), you're waking up after blacking out from partying and are just trying to find your way home. Instead of deserts and snow levels, you traverse a mountain of dung and a literal battlefield. The game is bold and very honest about what it wants to be, it's definitely something that would have a lot more trouble getting released now than during the early 2000s.

What's even more baffling, Nintendo advertised this game in Playboy, alcohol commercials, stuff like that. Kids stores refused to sell it, Nintendo Power refused to show it. Nobody knew what the hell happened to innocent Nintendo, how could they be releasing a game like this?? My point is, Conker is special to me because it isn't afraid to break the rules to create something never seen before. And to this day, I can definitively say there is nothing out there in the gaming world quite like Conker.
That's exactly what I love about it aswell!
It's so shockingly opposite to Nintendo's family friendly image, but at the same time, it fits so well with Nintendo, because it's incredibly imaginative and cartoony (like Super Mario games)! That's what makes it so special and unique!
I mean, most of its outrageous concepts, such as a giant opera singing turd, that you have to throw toilet paper at his mouth; a sunflower with big breasts that you can bounce on; and a giant boiler with Balls of Brass that you have to hit, in order to defeat him, are so hilariously innapropriate, but at the same time, so surrealistically creative! There really is really no other game that has this kind of charm!

I still don't understand how Nintendo didn't accept to release BFD in Japan, yet they now co-own and publish Bayonetta games!
I mean Bayonetta's content is even worse than Conker's, and the concept of her series absolutely lacks Nintendo's imaginative and charming style!
Not saying that it's a bad franchise, but it totally doesn't fit with Nintendo (or Smash Bros)!

TheBeastHimself

Bayo did still get changed a little bit for the game from what I can recall, so I imagine they won't go all out for Conker.
I think they can still make Conker play really well while still staying true to his character. The only bit of Conker's personality that's really M-rated is that he'll occasionally get horny. But his horniness (can't believe I just said that) are just like his drinking and cursing; in game, it's kept to a minimum. There's nothing, however, M-rated about a greedy, manipulative squirrel. He doesn't need alcohol to be functional as a character, and he doesn't need to give anyone golden showers either.
But Conker? To Rare fans, he’s the Batman to Banjo’s Superman, people will get hyped and be just as excited to see him in Smash, a little disappointed but still happy!
I wish more people saw Conker this way. But when it comes to Smash, it's Banjo and all other Rare characters are irrelevant. Well, that's how the Smash community likes to think. And I couldn't disagree more! I just really hate the arguments "this character is more important/more popular than this character" because if that were true, we wouldn't have Game and Watch. We wouldn't have Duck Hunt Dog, Ice Climbers, an array of FE characters (some being one-offs in their series). Conker is possible by all means, but it's going to take a hell of a lot of convincing for the Smash community to understand this.

One more thing I wanted to mention, think about Sakurai. He's intrigued by games that breaks standards, and loves surprising people. I feel like even if he didn't know Conker, he would be absolutely intrigued by him just based off of Bad Fur Day.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I think they can still make Conker play really well while still staying true to his character. The only bit of Conker's personality that's really M-rated is that he'll occasionally get horny. But his horniness (can't believe I just said that) are just like his drinking and cursing; in game, it's kept to a minimum. There's nothing, however, M-rated about a greedy, manipulative squirrel. He doesn't need alcohol to be functional as a character, and he doesn't need to give anyone golden showers either.

I wish more people saw Conker this way. But when it comes to Smash, it's Banjo and all other Rare characters are irrelevant. Well, that's how the Smash community likes to think. And I couldn't disagree more! I just really hate the arguments "this character is more important/more popular than this character" because if that were true, we wouldn't have Game and Watch. We wouldn't have Duck Hunt Dog, Ice Climbers, an array of FE characters (some being one-offs in their series). Conker is possible by all means, but it's going to take a hell of a lot of convincing for the Smash community to understand this.

One more thing I wanted to mention, think about Sakurai. He's intrigued by games that breaks standards, and loves surprising people. I feel like even if he didn't know Conker, he would be absolutely intrigued by him just based off of Bad Fur Day.
That is true. What was changed for Bayo was some things for her design, so Conker would have no problem. Conker could easily stick to his character and moveset without any real need for censorship.

I think it's fair to say that the Smash community will be sticking with Banjo for the foreseeable future. Very little could stop that rolling ball. As for Sakurai, I do imagine he is familiar with it. He knows Banjo after all and has made a habit of playing games when he can. I imagine he has gone through it before.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Here are a few spirit ideas for the Conker characters:
DLC characters get spirits too, right?

Berri- Zero Suit Samus :ultzss:

Birdy- Wario :ultwario:

The Fairy Panther King- Bowser :ultbowser: or King K.rool:ultkrool:

Professor Von Kriplespac- Dr. Mario:ultdoc:

Franky the Pitchfork- Luigi :ultluigi:

Rodent- Villager :ultvillager:

Ron and Reg- Duck Hunt Duo :ultduckhunt:

Greg the Grim Reaper- Dark Samus :ultdarksamus:

The great Mighty Poo- Donkey Kong :ultdk: (just because he's big and brown :chuckle:)

Tediz- Wolf :ultwolf: or Solid Snake :ultsnake:

Money- Small sized Bowser Jr. :ultbowserjr:

Key- Olimar :ultolimar:

Lady Cogs- 3 clones of Jigglypuff :ultjigglypuff::ultjigglypuff::ultjigglypuff:

Clang Gobbling- King DeeDee :ultkingdedede:

Fire Imp- small sized Incineroar :ultincineroar:

Uga-Buga Cavemen- Wario :ultwario:

Don Weaso- Ganondorf :ultganondorf:

the Weasel Mafia- 4 clones of Larry :ultlarry::ultlarry::ultlarry::ultlarry: (easch with their respective colour)

SHC soldier- male Inkling :ultinklingboy:

SHC seargent- Donkey Kong :ultdk:

Honker the Skunk- Dark Pit :ultdarkpit:

Any other suggestions?

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

Just wanted to compile all the things Conker has got going for him into one post:
  • He's the second most popular Rare character. Popularity aside, he rivals Banjo as the face of Rare. Currently, Conker is Microsoft's go-to Rare mascot.
    • Microsoft sees potential in him. For reasons that I do not understand, Microsoft decided to go with Conker to promote Project Spark, and they even started developing a new game for him: Conker's Big Reunion.
  • Nintendo and Microsoft's new relationship. All I gotta say on this one.
  • Banjo and Conker are like brothers. Some may even see them as a package deal; if one gets in, they both get in. They have appeared in exactly the same amount of games, both debuting in Diddy Kong Racing on the N64.
In general, I'm just so happy that more and more people are starting to see the potential in our drunken squirrel friend.

Here are a few spirit ideas for the Conker characters:
DLC characters get spirits too, right?

Berri- Zero Suit Samus

Birdy- Wario

The Fairy Panther King- Bowser or King K.rool

Professor Von Kriplespac- Dr. Mario

Franky the Pitchfork- Luigi

Rodent- Villager

Ron and Reg- Duck Hunt Duo

Greg the Grim Reaper- Dark Samus

The great Mighty Poo- Donkey Kong (just because he's big and brown :chuckle:)

Tediz- Wolf or Solid Snake

Money- Small sized Bowser Jr.

Key- Olimar

Clang Gobbling- King DeeDee

Fire Imp- small sized Incineroar

Uga-Buga Cavemen- Wario

Don Weaso- Ganondorf

the Weasel Mafia- 4 clones of Fox Mccloud (easch with their respective colour)

SHC soldier- male Inkling

SHC seargent- Donkey Kong

Honker the Skunk- Dark Pit

Any other suggestions?
We actually don't know if DLC characters will be getting spirits. However, Nintendo has released new spirits since the game came out, so I'd say it's pretty likely. Either way, I think that's really nice and creative list you came up with. I think each of those characters match up to the Conker characters in some way, they would fit right in along with the rest of the spirits!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I just realized that if someone did not know better, Conker could pass as an Animal Crossing character. Specifically if you just look at his most basic design. I will say, Isabelle and Conker are on completely opposite sides of the spectrum when it comes to personal character.

D

Deleted member

Something funny brought up in another thread - Conker isn't the kind of guy who will wait to receive a Smash invitation.

He will come if he wants

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Something funny brought up in another thread - Conker isn't the kind of guy who will wait to receive a Smash invitation.

He will come if he wants
Probably, but I imagine it would be a difficult task without the invitation. Could be a fun reveal trailer concept.

D

Deleted member

Probably, but I imagine it would be a difficult task without the invitation. Could be a fun reveal trailer concept.
It would lol.

Joker made the effort to steal an invitation, but Conker will just come and not give a ****.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It would lol.

Joker made the effort to steal an invitation, but Conker will just come and not give a ****.
What if Joker stole Conkers invitation and Conker is now coming for vengeance?

On another note, what is everyone thinking stage wise for Conker?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What if Joker stole Conkers invitation and Conker is now coming for vengeance?

On another note, what is everyone thinking stage wise for Conker?
I don't think Conker would even care. He would just come.

And GMP btw :joyful:

TheBeastHimself

Conker wouldn't want to come to Smash Bros. He'd get an invitation and just be like "it's gonna be one of those days". Because Conker is a millionaire king, I'm sure he'd rather drink his brains out with hookers than become a fighter in Smash...

BUT MAN **** ALL OF THAT

I WILL DRAG HIM BY HIS EARS IF I HAVE TO TO GET HIM INTO THIS GAME

Top Bottom