• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"A Bad Smash Day..."- Conker for Ultimate!

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Yes, yes, this is exactly what we want, Rare supporters, we're supposed to be a team!

Thanks for your help, that information gives me hope!
Exactly! I have hope too! I'm just so happy that Conker wasn't a forgotten/despised character because on a lot of other sites, that's how he's treated. Either he's "too obscure" for everyone to remember, or people just say a simple "nah".

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Exactly! I have hope too! I'm just so happy that Conker wasn't a forgotten/despised character because on a lot of other sites, that's how he's treated. Either he's "too obscure" for everyone to remember, or people just say a simple "nah".
Well we're here to change those people's minds and make the ultimate difference to our squirrel fella!

Also, way to go, you just made us reach 7 pages!
EDIT: And I just made my 64th comment :rotfl:

Last edited:

CipherPool

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-8149-9853-2982
Hey everyone i'm a Conker supporter too and also i'm guy that made Conker's Victory Theme, I wanted Conker sense last year in prediction that he's my number 1 most wanted character in smash bros and for another reason why I want Conker and Banjo & Kazooie in smash bros because people ask for these 2 from Rare and Microsoft to get back with Nintendo and what does these to make it happen, we Banjo and Conker fans think that Super Smash Bros is the perfect revival for those 2 to get back with Nintendo. Now that change because now Nintendo and Microsoft are in a great partnership that also Rare & Microsoft are helping Nintendo with Super Smash Bros Ultimate that biggest crossover fighting game of all time in history that also Rare IP are found in the files, not only that Rare put in spirits the game but also they design King K. Rool and Krystal's model from Rare which makes more sense that may get Banjo Kazooie in smash but if they get, will that be it for just one Microsoft character to get in smash but people believe that may get 2 Microsoft charecters in smash, people believe that it's Steve or Master Chief but I think not to because I believe Microsoft seeing their fans that they want Banjo and Conker to make a comeback so why Microsoft think that Conker will be better then Steve and Master Chief well simply because he is a interesting fun mature wtf character that gives the adults that feeling they want that they will buy him and his game to see what Conker's Bad Fur Day really is for that matter in life. We got Snake and Bayonetta then I think we just need a 3rd to fit the Mature way feeling to complete the Mature Team that Snake, Bayonetta and Conker will fight the Roster, not only his Mature but he's also Rare so why he team's up with Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, King K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie to make The Rare Squad Team. For a matter of time we just speculate what Nintendo will give us next so for them to notices us supporting Banjo and Conker for Smash, We just keep doing it and show it to them that they see that how the fans feel of us wanting Banjo and Conker to comeback and will give all of their money to get Banjo and Conker back to make the fans happy.

Oh and I created these 3 amazing deviantart photos that I will show you that i'm a real Conker supporter.

Also this is one of my best favorite SSBU DK soundtrack that makes me imagine you are actually playing as Donkey Kong or Diddy Kong or King K. Rool even Banjo & Kazooie and Conker to make the exciting feeling that the Rare Team of Smash Brothers is All Here in your hearts.

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Hey everyone i'm a Conker supporter too and also i'm guy that made Conker's Victory Theme, I wanted Conker since last year in prediction that he's my number 1 most wanted character in smash bros and for another reason why I want Conker and Banjo & Kazooie in smash bros because people ask for these 2 from Rare and Microsoft to get back with Nintendo and what does these to make it happen, we Banjo and Conker fans think that Super Smash Bros is the perfect revival for those 2 to get back with Nintendo. Now that change because now Nintendo and Microsoft are in a great partnership that also Rare & Microsoft are helping Nintendo with Super Smash Bros Ultimate that biggest crossover fighting game of all time in history that also Rare IP are found in the files, not only that Rare put in spirits the game but also they design King K. Rool and Krystal's model from Rare which makes more sense that may get Banjo Kazooie in smash but if they get, will that be it for just one Microsoft character to get in smash but people believe that may get 2 Microsoft charecters in smash, people believe that it's Steve or Master Chief but I think not to because I believe Microsoft seeing their fans that they want Banjo and Conker to make a comeback so why Microsoft think that Conker will be better then Steve and Master Chief well simply because he is a interesting fun mature wtf character that gives the adults that feeling they want that they will buy him and his game to see what Conker's Bad Fur Day really is for that matter in life. We got Snake and Bayonetta then I think we just need a 3rd to fit the Mature way feeling to complete the Mature Team that Snake, Bayonetta and Conker will fight the Roster, not only his Mature but he's also Rare so why he team's up with Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, King K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie to make The Rare Squad Team. For a matter of time we just speculate what Nintendo will give us next so for them to notices us supporting Banjo and Conker for Smash, We just keep doing it and show it to them that they see that how the fans feel of us wanting Banjo and Conker to comeback and will give all of their money to get Banjo and Conker back to make the fans happy.

Oh and I created these 3 amazing deviantart photos that I will show you that i'm a real Conker supporter.

Also this is one of my best favorite SSBU DK soundtrack that makes me imagine you are actually playing as Donkey Kong or Diddy Kong or King K. Rool even Banjo & Kazooie and Conker to make the exciting feeling that the Rare Team of Smash Brothers is All Here in your hearts.
Ah yes, WELCOME!!! I'm actually the guy who invited you here in the video's comment section!
It's always lovely to see Rare fans struggling together to have, not just Banjo, but also Conker too!
Good to have you with us, your fan-art is really good, just by looking at those photos, it really looks something oficially made by Nintendo!
It's no really wonder why people want these two back with Nintendo so badly, they are, and will always be Nintendo characters! That's where they truly belong, that's where their series shined with fun and creativity!

Conker would undoubtedly be the funniest and even most fitting M-rated character! And with the xbox Live coming to Switch, I have faith!
It's actually a good thing too that most people aren't that much of a fan of the idea of having Master Chief and Steve in Smash (and honestly, I can't blame them), because that might disencourage Microsoft from suggesting those two, and only mention the ones to Nintendo that are really missing in the roster!
Seriously, if those two characters went to Smash, I'd be completely satisfied with the presence of Rare characters in Smash Bros!
Keep up the good work, and thanks for your help!

I actually never heard of that song before, but now that you mention it, yes it does give the feeling of an achieved dream!
Now that you talked about it, I might actually put it when BK and Conker get back home!

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

Hey everyone i'm a Conker supporter too and also i'm guy that made Conker's Victory Theme, I wanted Conker sense last year in prediction that he's my number 1 most wanted character in smash bros and for another reason why I want Conker and Banjo & Kazooie in smash bros because people ask for these 2 from Rare and Microsoft to get back with Nintendo and what does these to make it happen, we Banjo and Conker fans think that Super Smash Bros is the perfect revival for those 2 to get back with Nintendo. Now that change because now Nintendo and Microsoft are in a great partnership that also Rare & Microsoft are helping Nintendo with Super Smash Bros Ultimate that biggest crossover fighting game of all time in history that also Rare IP are found in the files, not only that Rare put in spirits the game but also they design King K. Rool and Krystal's model from Rare which makes more sense that may get Banjo Kazooie in smash but if they get, will that be it for just one Microsoft character to get in smash but people believe that may get 2 Microsoft charecters in smash, people believe that it's Steve or Master Chief but I think not to because I believe Microsoft seeing their fans that they want Banjo and Conker to make a comeback so why Microsoft think that Conker will be better then Steve and Master Chief well simply because he is a interesting fun mature wtf character that gives the adults that feeling they want that they will buy him and his game to see what Conker's Bad Fur Day really is for that matter in life. We got Snake and Bayonetta then I think we just need a 3rd to fit the Mature way feeling to complete the Mature Team that Snake, Bayonetta and Conker will fight the Roster, not only his Mature but he's also Rare so why he team's up with Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, King K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie to make The Rare Squad Team. For a matter of time we just speculate what Nintendo will give us next so for them to notices us supporting Banjo and Conker for Smash, We just keep doing it and show it to them that they see that how the fans feel of us wanting Banjo and Conker to comeback and will give all of their money to get Banjo and Conker back to make the fans happy.

Welcome! I remember finding your victory theme video on Conker and thinking "hey, this is something really neat!". Also, I love your artwork as well! While I wouldn't care as much for seeing a mature cast of characters in Smash, seeing Banjo and Conker reunite with Diddy, along with King K. Rool and DK, would definitely be a significant moment in gaming history, and would even symbolize the camaraderie that seems to be growing between Nintendo and Microsoft.

I loved Conker games back in the days so I support!
Welcome as well! I hope you enjoy your stay! Do you want to tell us a little more about your experience with Conker all those years ago, we'd love to hear 'em.

On another note, I've been starting to do more research on the Xbox and Nintendo situation. Rumor has it that Microsoft representatives have been heading to the Nintendo of America HQ in Redmond, Washington on a weekly basis. While an estimated 100+ Xbox games has also been rumored to be coming to the Switch via Xbox's Game Pass, Rare Replay is among the likely games to appear! After 17 years, a relationship between Rare and Nintendo may finally form!

Something else interesting to note about Microsoft comes from another strong rumor. In the past couple of years, Microsoft has released a number of apps, such as one that allows players to emulate their Xbox One games on PC. Here are some interesting quotes from the head of Xbox himself, Phil Spencer:

"Our cloud engineers are building a game streaming network to unlock console-quality gaming on any device. Not only that, we are dedicated to perfecting your experience everywhere you want to play. On your Xbox, on your PC, or your phone." - E3 2018

"There are 2 billion people who play video games on the planet today. We're not gonna sell 2 billion consoles. Many of those people don't own a television, many have never owned a PC. For many people on the planet, the phone is their computer device. It's really about reaching a customer wherever they are, on the devices they have." - E3 2018

Although the next generation of Xbox consoles has been confirmed to be in development, these quotes, along with Microsoft and Nintendo working together, had lead many to believe that Xbox may soon leave the console market SEGA style and instead focus on developing games and selling them on and Xbox app of sorts. An app that can be accessible through various different platforms, such as PC, smart phones, the Switch... And if this were to happen, where would that leave Rare? I wonder if in the scenario that Microsoft abandons consoles, they would still choose to keep Rare as a second party or let them loose to make games for whomever again. But either way, I think if Microsoft still owned Rare, it wouldn't matter because Microsoft would want to make games on a lot of devices, Switch included. I'm not suggesting that we celebrate the fall of Xbox consoles if it does indeed happen at some point, but things are definitely looking up for all things Nintendo and Rareware for the first time since the buyout in 2002.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
On another note, I've been starting to do more research on the Xbox and Nintendo situation. Rumor has it that Microsoft representatives have been heading to the Nintendo of America HQ in Redmond, Washington on a weekly basis. While an estimated 100+ Xbox games has also been rumored to be coming to the Switch via Xbox's Game Pass, Rare Replay is among the likely games to appear! After 17 years, a relationship between Rare and Nintendo may finally form!

Something else interesting to note about Microsoft comes from another strong rumor. In the past couple of years, Microsoft has released a number of apps, such as one that allows players to emulate their Xbox One games on PC. Here are some interesting quotes from the head of Xbox himself, Phil Spencer:

"Our cloud engineers are building a game streaming network to unlock console-quality gaming on any device. Not only that, we are dedicated to perfecting your experience everywhere you want to play. On your Xbox, on your PC, or your phone." - E3 2018

"There are 2 billion people who play video games on the planet today. We're not gonna sell 2 billion consoles. Many of those people don't own a television, many have never owned a PC. For many people on the planet, the phone is their computer device. It's really about reaching a customer wherever they are, on the devices they have." - E3 2018

Although the next generation of Xbox consoles has been confirmed to be in development, these quotes, along with Microsoft and Nintendo working together, had lead many to believe that Xbox may soon leave the console market SEGA style and instead focus on developing games and selling them on and Xbox app of sorts. An app that can be accessible through various different platforms, such as PC, smart phones, the Switch... And if this were to happen, where would that leave Rare? I wonder if in the scenario that Microsoft abandons consoles, they would still choose to keep Rare as a second party or let them loose to make games for whomever again. But either way, I think if Microsoft still owned Rare, it wouldn't matter because Microsoft would want to make games on a lot of devices, Switch included. I'm not suggesting that we celebrate the fall of Xbox consoles if it does indeed happen at some point, but things are definitely looking up for all things Nintendo and Rareware for the first time since the buyout in 2002.
Are you sure about that, I mean the xbox live coming to the Switch idea does seem a bit, of a... i'm gonna say, desperate move from Microsoft!
But still, with the high sales that the xbox consoles and its exclusive games have been gaining throughout the years, it's kind of hard to believe that they would just suddenly give up! I mean (correct me if I'm wrong) I think SEGA only quit making consoles because of how low its sales were compared to Nintendo's, and the only real successful franchise they ever had was Sonic, while Nintendo had many! I really don't think they reached rock bottom!
But if so, then I guess Rare games can finally be on Nintendo consoles again! So that will just leave Playstation and Nintendo on the console wars!

TheBeastHimself

Are you sure about that, I mean the xbox live coming to the Switch idea does seem a bit, of a... i'm gonna say, desperate move from Microsoft!
But still, with the high sales that the xbox consoles and its exclusive games have been gaining throughout the years, it's kind of hard to believe that they would just suddenly give up! I mean (correct me if I'm wrong) I think SEGA only quit making consoles because of how low its sales were compared to Nintendo's, and the only real successful franchise they ever had was Sonic, while Nintendo had many! I really don't think they reached rock bottom!
But if so, then I guess Rare games can finally be on Nintendo consoles again! So that will just leave Playstation and Nintendo on the console wars!
I compared Microsoft and SEGA because SEGA is a company who was once in the gaming market but dropped out, and Microsoft may be doing that. If they were to leave the market, it wouldn't be because Xboxs aren't selling enough or Microsoft is running out of money. People are just theorizing that Microsoft would choose to move on from the console market, and only develop software rather than hardware. This is because, as I previously said, Microsoft is starting create what looks like an Xbox platform on multiple devices. Nintendo and Sony haven't done anything like that. It's just odd, and nobody really knows what exactly it means yet, but it's definitely strange Xbox is being made more accessible.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I compared Microsoft and SEGA because SEGA is a company who was once in the gaming market but dropped out, and Microsoft may be doing that. If they were to leave the market, it wouldn't be because Xboxs aren't selling enough or Microsoft is running out of money. People are just theorizing that Microsoft would choose to move on from the console market, and only develop software rather than hardware. This is because, as I previously said, Microsoft is starting create what looks like an Xbox platform on multiple devices. Nintendo and Sony haven't done anything like that. It's just odd, and nobody really knows what exactly it means yet, but it's definitely strange Xbox is being made more accessible
Still, a transition like that seems like something a company would do when they're desperate and out of ideas!

By the way, there is something really fishy that we still haven't talked about!
THE RARE SPIRITS THAT WERE CUT FROM SMASH!!!!

It appears that there were supposed to be spirits from Jet Force Gemini and Blast Corps characters! But they were mysteriously removed from the game's files!
Do any of you think that this strongly suggests the possibility of a Rare character being planned to be included! This might be silly, but I'm guessing they removed this spirits to avoid leaks!

TheBeastHimself

Still, a transition like that seems like something a company would do when they're desperate and out of ideas!

By the way, there is something really fishy that we still haven't talked about!
THE RARE SPIRITS THAT WERE CUT FROM SMASH!!!!

It appears that there were supposed to be spirits from Jet Force Gemini and Blast Corps characters! But they were mysteriously removed from the game's files!
Do any of you think that this strongly suggests the possibility of a Rare character being planned to be included! This might be silly, but I'm guessing they removed this spirits to avoid leaks!
This is most definitely possible. I don't know the whole situation behind the Rare spirits being discovered, but what's interesting is they would've had to get the rights from Microsoft to use those spirits!! Meaning... Microsoft is on board! Were there definitely Rare spirits found?

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I'm afraid it really is true!!!
(Rare spirits are at 4:00)

They were later removed from the game's files, that just might be good news!

A lot of people are theorizing that it was just an accident caused by the team behind the game, because they were unaware that Nintendo no longer owned the rights to those series! But I personally think that's just too farfetched! I mean, how could they do something like this without doing some research first, and even if that was the case than how were they able to add that kind of content without having Nintendo's approval for it?!

I really think they just got scrapped to avoid DLC spoilers! If I'm not mistaken, I think something like this happened with Roy and Ryu for the same reason!

Well Banjo is indeed the most likely and requested Rare character, but who knows, maybe just maybe they can also add Conker and have two Rare reps!
I know, I know, that's just might be too good to be truth, but who really knows, Sakurai is a guy full of surprises waiting to happen, and I mean, it wouldn't be the most farfetched thing that ever happened in the Super Smash Brothers Series, Megaman and Ryu belong to the same company and they both got included in Smash 4! And let's not forget that this isn't any videogame company that we're talking about, it's Rareware, a company that worked with Nintendo, had its series co-owned and published by them, created DKC (the 4th best selling Nintendo franchise), and contributed a hell of alot to the success of the N64!
So I really don't think it would be odd for a company with that much history with Nintendo to have at least 2 reps (even if one of them comes in a possible 2nd fighters pass)!
And if they were willing to add that much Rare content at first, than I think one Rep is just too little for all that, but that's just me!

And don't even dare to tell me that if there's a second Rare rep, it will be Rash or Joanna Dark!!!

TheBeastHimself

I'm afraid it really is true!!!
(Rare spirits are at 4:00)

They were later removed from the game's files, that just might be good news!

A lot of people are theorizing that it was just an accident caused by the team behind the game, because they were unaware that Nintendo no longer owned the rights to those series! But I personally think that's just too farfetched! I mean, how could they do something like this without doing some research first, and even if that was the case than how were they able to add that kind of content without having Nintendo's approval for it?!

I really think they just got scrapped to avoid DLC spoilers! If I'm not mistaken, I think something like this happened with Roy and Ryu for the same reason!

Well Banjo is indeed the most likely and requested Rare character, but who knows, maybe just maybe they can also add Conker and have two Rare reps!
I know, I know, that's just might be too good to be truth, but who really knows, Sakurai is a guy full of surprises waiting to happen, and I mean, it wouldn't be the most farfetched thing that ever happened in the Super Smash Brothers Series, Megaman and Ryu belong to the same company and they both got included in Smash 4! And let's not forget that this isn't any videogame company that we're talking about, it's Rareware, a company that worked with Nintendo, had its series co-owned and published by them, created DKC (the 4th best selling Nintendo franchise), and contributed a hell of alot to the success of the N64!
So I really don't think it would be odd for a company with that much history with Nintendo to have at least 2 reps (even if one of them comes in a possible 2nd fighters pass)!
And if they were willing to add that much Rare content at first, than I think one Rep is just too little for all that, but that's just me!

And don't even dare to tell me that if there's a second Rare rep, it will be Rash or Joanna Dark!!!
I agree with your points. Putting those Rare spirits in without the knowledge that Nintendo no longer owns Rare is completely careless, and does not make sense given the extreme attention to detail that Smash Bros. gets during development. I think the possibility of Conker getting in alongside Banjo is there. It may not be a high possibility, but the possibility is still there nonetheless. Like you said, Sakurai is a man full of surprises. But all of this is just making me wonder: why the hell were there Rare spirits??? The only logical conclusion you can make is that Sakurai and his team got into contact with both Rare and Microsoft. Of course it could've been a careless slip up, but like I said, that's just highly unlikely given the circumstances of this game. And yeah, no offense to any Battletoads or Perfect Dark fans, but Conker just happens to be the next logical step. But who knows, anything can happen, right?

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
The only logical conclusion you can make is that Sakurai and his team got into contact with both Rare and Microsoft. Of course it could've been a careless slip up, but like I said, that's just highly unlikely given the circumstances of this game. And yeah, no offense to any Battletoads or Perfect Dark fans, but Conker just happens to be the next logical step. But who knows, anything can happen, right?
Right, but let's just hope for the best!
My only concern now is that I think Sakurai tends to be quite xenophobic when it comes to western videogames!

But it's already refreshing to know that they probably contacted Rare in order to include some of their content!

TheBeastHimself

Right, but let's just hope for the best!
My only concern now is that I think Sakurai tends to be quite xenophobic when it comes to western videogames!

But it's already refreshing to know that they probably contacted Rare in order to include some of their content!
I mean, thankfully we got K. Rool in. He was created by Rare, therefore making him a Western character, correct? I don't think Sakurai is xenophobic, and another good thing is that the Rare spirits essentially confirm that Microsoft, Rare, and Sakurai are all on board with Smash Bros.! Conker has his chance, and I don't even think it's an impossibility at all because once Banjo gets in (which I think is highly likely), I'm sure Conker will get some of the spotlight afterwards!

I've been thinking about starting some sort of project to bring fans of Conker together. Not sure what it is yet, but I love to write so it'll probably have something to do with that. I may just end up writing about how Conker's Bad Fur Day is a fantastic example of thinking outside the box and letting your imagination right wild.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
DsPOVylXoAENUC9.jpg

I found this a while back, I believe it was part of the Diddy Kong Racing manual and it shows the behind the scenes connection of the Donkey Kong Universe of how Diddy Kong was friends with a younger, less lazier and more adventurous Banjo (Before he met Kazooie) and a young Conker (Before discovering the wonders of alcohol), I always loved seeing how connected the franchises were with their references and it's a shame we didn't get to see some type of crossover with the mainline games or more of them in spinoffs.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

View attachment 194666
I found this a while back, I believe it was part of the Diddy Kong Racing manual and it shows the behind the scenes connection of the Donkey Kong Universe of how Diddy Kong was friends with a younger, less lazier and more adventurous Banjo (Before he met Kazooie) and a young Conker (Before discovering the wonders of alcohol), I always loved seeing how connected the franchises were with their references and it's a shame we didn't get to see some type of crossover with the mainline games or more of them in spinoffs.
That's really interesting! I would have loved to see a cross-over of the three franchises today, or at the very least Banjo and Conker. It's nice to know that Rare planned for their universes to be connected, and once more, this reiterates the fact that Banjo and Conker are both Nintendo characters at heart. I feel like if Rare stayed with Nintendo, these connections would have been explored more. Seeing some epic 3D platformerer starring Diddy, Banjo, and Conker just sounds amazing. Conker would probably have to be toned down so the game can be sold to kids, but still, that just sounds awesome. Maybe this is obvious to some, but I also noticed Conker is wearing the same exact outfit as he does in Twelve Tales:

I wonder now if a future cross-over is possible now that Microsoft is getting involved with Nintendo. Seeing a project starring both Banjo and Conker, who are reuniting with their pal Diddy, would make everyone lose their minds. I know that a lot of the members from Rare who worked on those games are gone, but I want to see another stab at a new Banjo or Conker. In my eyes, it's better than just sitting on the franchises doing absolutely nothing. Ugh just thinking about all this is making my head hurt... so much potential for Banjo and Conker. They are two video game characters who did not deserve this.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I mean, thankfully we got K. Rool in. He was created by Rare, therefore making him a Western character, correct? I don't think Sakurai is xenophobic, and another good thing is that the Rare spirits essentially confirm that Microsoft, Rare, and Sakurai are all on board with Smash Bros.! Conker has his chance, and I don't even think it's an impossibility at all because once Banjo gets in (which I think is highly likely), I'm sure Conker will get some of the spotlight afterwards!

I've been thinking about starting some sort of project to bring fans of Conker together. Not sure what it is yet, but I love to write so it'll probably have something to do with that. I may just end up writing about how Conker's Bad Fur Day is a fantastic example of thinking outside the box and letting your imagination right wild.
Correct! Maybe xenophobic is a little bit too harsh, but to be fair, if it wasn’t for the huge amount of support and care by the western fans, King K. Rool would have probably never came aboard!
But still, I'll give Nintendo some credit, cause let's be real, other than Banjo and Conker, I don't see that many western characters that fit and deserve to be in Smash Bros!

Now about the subject, definitely! With all this, I'd say what's unlikely now is Banjo not getting in! I agree that Conker (being one of the two most popular Rare chareacters) isn't really an impossibility, but I'd say that the support of its fans would certainly help a hell of a lot! So, I really like the concept of your project! As soon as you have more ideas for it, I'd be really interested to hear them, and support them!

Just Imagine what we could have had if Nintendo never left Rare!!! But still, this already confirms that Banjo and Conker coexist in the DK and Mario universe! I mean if that alone doesn't make it deserving for both of them to be included in Smash Brothers, than I don't know what it does! Also alot of people should keep this bit of trivia in mind, before blatantly saying that Banjo is the only Rare character who deserves it or that Rash or Joanna Dark are more fitting than Conker!

So now we have 5 or 6 "Nintendo" series that cannonically share the same universe:
-Super Mario (uncounting the spinoffs such as Luigi's Mansion and Yoshi's Crafted World)
-Donkey Kong
-Banjo Kazooie
-Conker
-Punch-Out (since Mario is the refiree and DK is the Final Boss of the Wii game)
-Legend of Zelda (Mario enemies in Link's Awakening, tho that just might be simply considered a reference, so I'm not really sure)

Also related to this topic, what do you guys think of this japanese commericial of Diddy Kong Racing?

What I find really intriguing, is that this was the first and only time (so far) Banjo and Conker were designed by japanese people!

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

Correct! Maybe xenophobic is a little bit too harsh, but to be fair, if it wasn’t for the huge amount of support and care by the western fans, King K. Rool would have probably never came aboard!
But still, I'll give Nintendo some credit, cause let's be real, other than Banjo and Conker, I don't see that many western characters that fit and deserve to be in Smash Bros!

Now about the subject, definitely! With all this, I'd say what's unlikely now is Banjo not getting in! I agree that Conker (being one of the two most popular Rare chareacters) isn't really an impossibility, but I'd say that the support of its fans would certainly help a hell of a lot! So, I really like the concept of your project! As soon as you have more ideas for it, I'd be really interested to hear them, and support them!

Just Imagine what we could have had if Nintendo never left Rare!!! But still, this already confirms that Banjo and Conker coexist in the DK and Mario universe! I mean if that alone doesn't make it deserving for both of them to be included in Smash Brothers, than I don't know what it does! Also alot of people should keep this bit of trivia in mind, before blatantly saying that Banjo is the only Rare character who deserves it or that Rash or Joanna Dark are more fitting than Conker!

So now we have 5 or 6 "Nintendo" series that cannonically share the same universe:
-Super Mario (uncounting the spinoffs such as Luigi's Mansion and Yoshi's Crafted World)
-Donkey Kong
-Banjo Kazooie
-Conker
-Punch-Out (since Mario is the refiree and DK is the Final Boss of the Wii game)
-Legend of Zelda (Mario enemies in Link's Awakening, tho that just might be simply considered a reference, so I'm not really sure)

Also related to this topic, what do you guys think of this japanese commericial of Diddy Kong Racing?

What I find really intriguing, is that this was the first and only time (so far) Banjo and Conker were designed by japanese people!
I've been really busy so I haven't gotten around to starting the project, but the goal is to definitely bring Conker fans together. There has to be more Conker fans out there, and I know a good amount of people wouldn't be opposed to him getting in. I feel like we're going to have to wait until Banjo gets in if Conker is going to get a lot of support, but nonetheless my project will still try to get people at least talking about the squirrel. That isn't impossible, Erdrick and Geno are great examples. They are two really popular characters from the same company, technically in competition with each other. It would be the same idea with Banjo and Conker (however, I don't want to compete with Banjo fans). Bottom line is, there has to be more Conker fans out there and I want to provide them with a platform to voice their opinions. Hopefully my writing project on Conker's Bad Fur Day will be enough to inspire them to do so.

I may even start the project tonight, I don't believe I have a lot of homework!

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
That's really interesting! I would have loved to see a cross-over of the three franchises today, or at the very least Banjo and Conker. It's nice to know that Rare planned for their universes to be connected, and once more, this reiterates the fact that Banjo and Conker are both Nintendo characters at heart. I feel like if Rare stayed with Nintendo, these connections would have been explored more. Seeing some epic 3D platformerer starring Diddy, Banjo, and Conker just sounds amazing. Conker would probably have to be toned down so the game can be sold to kids, but still, that just sounds awesome. Maybe this is obvious to some, but I also noticed Conker is wearing the same exact outfit as he does in Twelve Tales:

I wonder now if a future cross-over is possible now that Microsoft is getting involved with Nintendo. Seeing a project starring both Banjo and Conker, who are reuniting with their pal Diddy, would make everyone lose their minds. I know that a lot of the members from Rare who worked on those games are gone, but I want to see another stab at a new Banjo or Conker. In my eyes, it's better than just sitting on the franchises doing absolutely nothing. Ugh just thinking about all this is making my head hurt... so much potential for Banjo and Conker. They are two video game characters who did not deserve this.
Now that you mention it, yes I too think the idea of having those three on an adventure (possibly joining Donkey Kong Country) sounds really appealing and interesting! I just wonder if they still had this in mind, after turning Conker into an M-rated series, but either way that wouldn't have been that much of a problem, since we've already covered up that the character can still be himself without perverted jokes or the use of alchohol (but to be fair, I think alcohol is still allowed in E10+ games, atleast I remember one or two scenes of Ralph Breaks the Internet, where a child is drinking beer, tho that's a PG movie)! Or they could just implement the younger and more innocent version of Conker from Diddy Kong Racing and Pocket Tales, since those two are practically cannon!

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I've been really busy so I haven't gotten around to starting the project, but the goal is to definitely bring Conker fans together. There has to be more Conker fans out there, and I know a good amount of people wouldn't be opposed to him getting in. I feel like we're going to have to wait until Banjo gets in if Conker is going to get a lot of support, but nonetheless my project will still try to get people at least talking about the squirrel. That isn't impossible, Erdrick and Geno are great examples. They are two really popular characters from the same company, technically in competition with each other. It would be the same idea with Banjo and Conker (however, I don't want to compete with Banjo fans). Bottom line is, there has to be more Conker fans out there and I want to provide them with a platform to voice their opinions. Hopefully my writing project on Conker's Bad Fur Day will be enough to inspire them to do so.

I may even start the project tonight, I don't believe I have a lot of homework!
I suppose you're right!, but damn this whole situation just makes me a bit nervous cause I just feel like it will be a real f#cking shame if Conker misses the spot in Ultimate, cause even if we will ever get another Smash Brothers (which we probably will, but it will most likely take many years), I don't think any other entry in the series will ever beat the magic of Smash Ultimate!
Whenever I mention that Conker should be in Smash, in youtube videos about Banjo's chances of getting in, I still get the same old ignorant argumants, like "He's too mature/vulgar" or "Nobody remembers him"!
At one point, I was so sure that Conker was more popular and iconic than Banjo! I really wonder where did the rest of his fans wonder off to!!

Nevertheless, I have faith in your project! Are you really sure you're able to start it, today? If so, can you plz later show me some of your progress (doesn't necessarily have to be today, so take your time)! I also don't mind at all if you just show it when it's finished!

See, even Tobacco is allowed in kids' games, so I suppose there's no problem if Conker shows up like this in SSB or DKC!

But of course, I'm not expecting the character to get super drunk and start peeing on his enemies, in those two titles!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

See, even Tobacco is allowed in kids' games, so I suppose there's no problem if Conker shows up like this in SSB or DKC!

But of course, I'm not expecting the character to get super drunk and start peeing on his enemies, in those two titles!
The censors must have went down hard on the Monster Boy staff then, seeing as smoking (which the pig form was going to do) wasn't allowed, although they let it slide for frothy mugs in one scene. I guess it's on a case-by-case basis.

Yes, it's bleeding weird, but what can you do.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

I suppose you're right!, but damn this whole situation just makes me a bit nervous cause I just feel like it will be a real f#cking shame if Conker misses the spot in Ultimate, cause even if we will ever get another Smash Brothers (which we probably will, but it will most likely take many years), I don't think any other entry in the series will ever beat the magic of Smash Ultimate!
Whenever I mention that Conker should be in Smash, in youtube videos about Banjo's chances of getting in, I still get the same old ignorant argumants, like "He's too mature/vulgar" or "Nobody remembers him"!
At one point, I was so sure that Conker was more popular and iconic than Banjo! I really wonder where did the rest of his fans wonder off to!!

Nevertheless, I have faith in your project! Are you really sure you're able to start it, today? If so, can you plz later show me some of your progress (doesn't necessarily have to be today, so take your time)! I also don't mind at all if you just show it when it's finished!
Honestly I feel the same way. It would be a damn shame not to get Conker, I want Banjo at the very least so Conker has his foot in the door. And yeah, I don't know where all the Conker fans went. Must've all boarded a ship to an uncharted island away from civilization. But in all seriousness, I just find it very odd. I know Conker's Bad Fur Day only sold 770,000 copies in the U.S., but still, that doesn't mean the game is obscure or unknown. EarthBound also flopped when it was sold in the U.S., but there was still a cult following for that game even before Ness got into Smash. Bad Fur Day does have a cult following, they're out there somewhere. The goal of my project is to find them! And yeah, I'll send you a PM so you can check out the project once I get it started. I'm not sure it will happen today anymore, I'm going to be busy later.

I think this is some pretty nice news because that means Conker doesn't have to be 100% innocent in some kids games. I doubt Sakurai would want to risk it with Smash Bros., but at least this opens up opportunities in the future.

I wanted to get back onto the subject of Twelve Tales. As we've discussed before, what's really interesting about the game is that it looked very close to completion before getting transformed into Bad Fur Day. I mean just look at how awesome and different the game's opening looked:

Conker even looks just as expressive as usual! And the models don't look like early placeholders or anything like that, they look fully complete and fleshed out. Also, the title screen is so different from the **** and Plucker bar that appears in Bad Fur Day. A mystical looking book in Conker's bedroom. There's also a lot of attention to detail, like Berri's photograph in the background. It once again goes to show how far in development this game was:

twelve.PNG

tales.PNG

There's a lot of info to unpack here. First off, it looks like Windy was originally called "Windmill". And then there's the other worlds, Balloon Bonanza, Walls of Water, and Owl Rings. Owl Rings is definitely the strangest name out of them. I'm currently looking at footage of the game, so if I see locations that match these names I'll be sure to point it out. One more thing, it looks like the ominous wizard from the opening cinematic is the one using the book. But, the picture of Berri next to the book indicates it's Conker's room... What the hell is that wizard doing in Conker's room?!

Windy.PNG

Windy Windmill seems to have a similar looking sign to the Naughty/Nice sign that appears in Bad Fur Day. There's a green bird that immediately greets Conker who tells him "To get a present, collect all the balloons". So it seems like this was going to be an exploration type game rather than linear with Bad Fur Day. Anyway, Windmill appears to have a farm-type building in the background, likely an early version of the Barn Boys chapter from Bad Fur Day. Getting to see all of Conker's moves while exploring Windmill was also great. Who new he could be so acrobatic with those jumps? And seeing him run on all fours like a squirrel is really cute. Also interesting to note, Conker is able to shake trees in Windmill to collect conker nuts that fall from them.

conkernuts.PNG

I'm not sure what the purpose of collecting conkers are. Maybe health? Anyway, it seems Conker is able to travel a lot more smoothly and quickly in Twelve Tales, being able to pull of a number of different jumps while running on all fours. Another interesting thing to note, Conker can swing on special types of trees to collect an acorn:

tree.PNG

acorn.PNG

The area where Conker grabs his first acorn is very reminiscent of the Jaws/Dogfish level from Bad Fur Day. Once again, I'm not sure what the acorns do, but they seem to be another collectible like conkers. One thing that does remain consistent between Twelve Tales and Bad Fur Day is Conker's swimming animations and controls, they appear identical. Not far from the first acorn is another area of Windmill, one that appears to be an early version of the tutorial level. It even has a scarecrow, likely an early incarnation of Birdy! When Conker walks up to the scarecrow, he says "he's asleep. I'll come back later." Conker can also use an uppercut move to temporarily incapacitate the scarecrow. This is also where Conker finds his first balloon:

birdy.PNG

To make things short, I'll just add a few more pictures I thought look really cool. There's way too much content in the footage for me to talk about, and I wish we could've learned more/been able to play the game. Maybe one day, but who knows.

On an interesting note, the owner of Smashboards is a Conker fan! @AlphaZealot

If you're there AlphaZealot, how would you feel about Conker getting into Smash and do you think it's possible?

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Honestly I feel the same way. It would be a damn shame not to get Conker, I want Banjo at the very least so Conker has his foot in the door. And yeah, I don't know where all the Conker fans went. Must've all boarded a ship to an uncharted island away from civilization. But in all seriousness, I just find it very odd. I know Conker's Bad Fur Day only sold 770,000 copies in the U.S., but still, that doesn't mean the game is obscure or unknown. EarthBound also flopped when it was sold in the U.S., but there was still a cult following for that game even before Ness got into Smash. Bad Fur Day does have a cult following, they're out there somewhere. The goal of my project is to find them! And yeah, I'll send you a PM so you can check out the project once I get it started. I'm not sure it will happen today anymore, I'm going to be busy later..
Yes! I completely forgot about the case of Earthbound! It just goes to show that just because something wasn't very popular at first, in its sales, that certainly doesn't mean it's doomed to become obscure and forgotten!
The game received critical acclaim (if I'm not mistaken, it generally even achieved better scores than both Banjo Kazooie and Tooie)! And it's still an important reference and a cult classic to many people (including myself) when it comes to videogames!
So there's has definitely got to be a cult following, I just don't get the reason at all, why they're not doing their best to make sure he gets in Smash Bros, I mean, honestly at this point, I can't really see any character who deserves more than both Banjo and Conker to get in Ultimate!
The only theory I can have for that, is that they're looking more forward to a new Conker game! But, don't they also think that he should totally be in the biggest Nintendo crossover?! I mean his popularity would really increase nowadays (making its series relevant again, and the idea of a new Conker game possible)! I just hope the reason why they're not supporting him, is because they are aware that his chances are slim! Cuz that would just be silly! The fans, are the ones that are supposed to turn the tables, just look at Ridley, you think he would be there if it wasn't for alot of suport and care by its fans??!!

By the way, thanks! I'll be really looking forward to see it!

think this is some pretty nice news because that means Conker doesn't have to be 100% innocent in some kids games. I doubt Sakurai would want to risk it with Smash Bros, but at least this opens up opportunities in the future.
I don't know, but don't forget that Bayonetta was also a DLC character, and her final smash is pretty damn brutal and terrifying for a kids' game (it could have easily changed the age rating from E10+ to T)! It kind of depends if Japan takes stuff like alcohol and tobacco seriously! But if not, that's not that big of an issue, cause like I previously said, we've already covered up that Conker doesn't necessarily need those aspects to stay in-character![/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I wanted to get back onto the subject of Twelve Tales. As we've discussed before, what's really interesting about the game is that it looked very close to completion before getting transformed into Bad Fur Day. I mean just look at how awesome and different the game's opening looked:

Conker even looks just as expressive as usual! And the models don't look like early placeholders or anything like that, they look fully complete and fleshed out. Also, the title screen is so different from the **** and Plucker bar that appears in Bad Fur Day. A mystical looking book in Conker's bedroom. There's also a lot of attention to detail, like Berri's photograph in the background. It once again goes to show how far in development this game was:

There's a lot of info to unpack here. First off, it looks like Windy was originally called "Windmill". And then there's the other worlds, Balloon Bonanza, Walls of Water, and Owl Rings. Owl Rings is definitely the strangest name out of them. I'm currently looking at footage of the game, so if I see locations that match these names I'll be sure to point it out. One more thing, it looks like the ominous wizard from the opening cinematic is the one using the book. But, the picture of Berri next to the book indicates it's Conker's room... What the hell is that wizard doing in Conker's room?!

Windy Windmill seems to have a similar looking sign to the Naughty/Nice sign that appears in Bad Fur Day. There's a green bird that immediately greets Conker who tells him "To get a present, collect all the balloons". So it seems like this was going to be an exploration type game rather than linear with Bad Fur Day. Anyway, Windmill appears to have a farm-type building in the background, likely an early version of the Barn Boys chapter from Bad Fur Day. Getting to see all of Conker's moves while exploring Windmill was also great. Who new he could be so acrobatic with those jumps? And seeing him run on all fours like a squirrel is really cute. Also interesting to note, Conker is able to shake trees in Windmill to collect conker nuts that fall from them.

I'm not sure what the purpose of collecting conkers are. Maybe health? Anyway, it seems Conker is able to travel a lot more smoothly and quickly in Twelve Tales, being able to pull of a number of different jumps while running on all fours. Another interesting thing to note, Conker can swing on special types of trees to collect an acorn:

The area where Conker grabs his first acorn is very reminiscent of the Jaws/Dogfish level from Bad Fur Day. Once again, I'm not sure what the acorns do, but they seem to be another collectible like conkers. One thing that does remain consistent between Twelve Tales and Bad Fur Day is Conker's swimming animations and controls, they appear identical. Not far from the first acorn is another area of Windmill, one that appears to be an early version of the tutorial level. It even has a scarecrow, likely an early incarnation of Birdy! When Conker walks up to the scarecrow, he says "he's asleep. I'll come back later." Conker can also use an uppercut move to temporarily incapacitate the scarecrow. This is also where Conker finds his first balloon:

To make things short, I'll just add a few more pictures I thought look really cool. There's way too much content in the footage for me to talk about, and I wish we could've learned more/been able to play the game. Maybe one day, but who knows.

Oh yeah, glad you revived that topic!
I can say that by now, I must've seen this video hundreds and hundreds of times, and it honestly never gets old for me!

I always love to imagine me playing it!
And to analyse the differences and similiarities that it shares with Bad Fur Day!

You're right, basically everything about it seemed really well detailed and nearly complete! It's also worth noting that the game even made it to E3 1999, where people could play it, and had a couple of commercials about it! So I'd say it was at least 80 or 85% complete!

One of the few interesting differences, that you've mentioned, was indeed the title screen!
Where that magical manual was the level selection, and I'm guessing that you could interact with the other things surrounding the book in order to gain access to the game's Options or Multyplayer mode (like in BFD)!
I actually never thought of that, but now that you mentioned it, yes it actually is really strange that hoodlums, the main antagonist planned for the game is the one gaining access to that book, and to what it seems to be, Conker's house/bedroom!

If you pay attention to the 30 minute footage video, you can see that the acorns were supposed to recover health/energy from that green nut meter on the left of this image right here:

As far as I can tell, there were two types of acorn pickups (not to be confused with the evil acorns):
-small brown ones, that only replenished a small amount of health!
-and big green ones that replenished a larger amount of health!

The conkers, on the other hand, were supposed to be ammunition for Conker's slingshot!

It's actually interesting how this idea was recicled in Bad Fur Day!

Here is some more information and similiarities to Bad Fur Day, that I discovered:

That Cyclops was gonna be a boss in the acient Rome level, he's actually very similiar to Buga the Knut from Bad Fur Day, so I take it that his model was recycled in order to create him!
And the Coliseum from the same level also resembles the gladiator arena where the battle with Buga the Knut takes place!

The Rome skeletons from the coliseum (at 14:49 in that video), mostly their heads, also ressemble you know who!
Once again, they were most likely reused to create Gregg the Grim Reaper!

And let's not forget the poor orphan dino from BFD (who suffered a terrible fate)! In Twelve Tales there was another purple dino that Berri could tame, and use him to attack enemies! Since their designs are so different from each other, I really doubt that his model was recycled! So, just like Birdy the Scarecrow, I believe the Twelve Tales dino was just an early incarnation!

Speaking of which, there was also gonna be a prehistoric themed level in Twelve Twelves that easily resembles the whole Uga Buga chapter!

Curiously, the dancing sunflowers from Twelve Tales also make a short appearance in the Hungover stage from BFD! It's funny and nice how the designers still found a way to make use of them!

Conker also had the ability to ride on barrels, just like in BFD where he hops on Mr. Barrel!

Another interesting aspect that was recicled in BFD is the ability to rotate the camera to the direction of the character's front view and his face will start following you around wherever you move the camera! It even works with any multyplayer character!

Oh and we can't definitely forget about a big aspect and memorable aspect of Twelve Tales, the idea of Conker wearing various funny hats and other outfits, that idea was also used in Bad Fur Day, but as you can imagine, they were much much different!

Oh and just one more aspect, the multiplayer deathmatch mode, yes Twelve Tales despite being innocent and kid-friendly was gonna have that kind of mode! Not sure how different or similiar it was going to be from the one of Bad Fur Day! But I am pretty sure there weren't any guns and much less, blood/gore!

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

Oh yeah, glad you revived that topic!
I can say that by now, I must've seen this video hundreds and hundreds of times, and it honestly never gets old for me!

I always love to imagine me playing it!
And to analyse the differences and similiarities that it shares with Bad Fur Day!

You're right, basically everything about it seemed really well detailed and nearly complete! It's also worth noting that the game even made it to E3 1999, where people could play it, and had a couple of commercials about it! So I'd say it was at least 80 or 85% complete!

One of the few interesting differences, that you've mentioned, was indeed the title screen!
Where that magical manual was the level selection, and I'm guessing that you could interact with the other things surrounding the book in order to gain access to the game's Options or Multyplayer mode (like in BFD)!
I actually never thought of that, but now that you mentioned it, yes it actually is really strange that hoodlums, the main antagonist planned for the game is the one gaining access to that book, and to what it seems to be, Conker's house/bedroom!

If you pay attention to the 30 minute footage video, you can see that the acorns were supposed to recover health/energy from that green nut meter on the left of this image right here:

As far as I can tell, there were two types of acorn pickups (not to be confused with the evil acorns):
-small brown ones, that only replenished a small amount of health!
-and big green ones that replenished a larger amount of health!

The conkers, on the other hand, were supposed to be ammunition for Conker's slingshot!

It's actually interesting how this idea was recicled in Bad Fur Day!

Here is some more information and similiarities to Bad Fur Day, that I discovered:

That Cyclops was gonna be a boss in the acient Rome level, he's actually very similiar to Buga the Knut from Bad Fur Day, so I take it that his model was recycled in order to create him!
And the Coliseum from the same level also resembles the gladiator arena where the battle with Buga the Knut takes place!

The Rome skeletons from the coliseum (at 14:49 in that video), mostly their heads, also ressemble you know who!
Once again, they were most likely reused to create Gregg the Grim Reaper!

And let's not forget the poor orphan dino from BFD (who suffered a terrible fate)! In Twelve Tales there was another purple dino that Berri could tame, and use him to attack enemies! Since their designs are so different from each other, I really doubt that his model was recycled! So, just like Birdy the Scarecrow, I believe the Twelve Tales dino was just an early incarnation!

Speaking of which, there was also gonna be a prehistoric themed level in Twelve Twelves that easily resembles the whole Uga Buga chapter!

Curiously, the dancing sunflowers from Twelve Tales also make a short appearance in the Hungover stage from BFD! It's funny and nice how the designers still found a way to make use of them!

Conker also had the ability to ride on barrels, just like in BFD where he hops on Mr. Barrel!

Another interesting aspect that was recicled in BFD is the ability to rotate the camera to the direction of the character's front view and his face will start following you around wherever you move the camera! It even works with any multyplayer character!

Oh and we can't definitely forget about a big aspect and memorable aspect of Twelve Tales, the idea of Conker wearing various funny hats and other outfits, that idea was also used in Bad Fur Day, but as you can imagine, they were much much different!

Oh and just one more aspect, the multiplayer deathmatch mode, yes Twelve Tales despite being innocent and kid-friendly was gonna have that kind of mode! Not sure how different or similiar it was going to be from the one of Bad Fur Day! But I am pretty sure there weren't any guns and much less, blood/gore!

Thank you, you cleared a lot of things up for me. So the acorns were used for health and conkers for ammunition. Man, Twelve Tales really was completely different game, I wonder how they came up with the idea to use chocolate as health. It's just kind of sad to think about the fact that there was a perfectly good and promising looking 3D platformer that never saw the light of day. Regardless I'm glad we got BFD, but I'm sure I would've enjoyed Twelve Tales just as much, if not more.

One thing that always caught my attention whenever I saw footage of Twelve Tales is the zip line sequence where Conker is hanging on and going round and round while this music plays in the background:

I wonder what the section was for. Why did Conker need to use that zip line and could he get by doing so? Did Rare ever say what it was supposed to be? Anyway, I'm glad the song was carried over to BFD. But who knew the song would go from being used in a cute zip line adventure to being used when you're peeing on people drunk out of your mind?

Another thing I love about Twelve Tales is all the different abilities Conker had. Running like a squirrel, and then being able to perform different jumps while running. The uppercut and all the other types of punches he had. He could even cycle through different weapons like the slingshot which I thought was pretty cool.

DeniroSerafim

Smash Apprentice
I think Conker would be pretty rad in Smash Ultimate, sign me up. Of course, Banjo and Dixie would be great while we're at it. ;)

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I think Conker would be pretty rad in Smash Ultimate, sign me up. Of course, Banjo and Dixie would be great while we're at it. ;)
Hello and welcome!
You're right, let's make sure that all the relevant Rare boys (and girls, in Dixie's case) get some support too, in the meantime!

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

Welcome!

I absolutely want Dixie. I feel like she's the last DK character needed for the roster (at least to complete the main characters). I know we just got K. Rool Sakurai but still, I wanna beat people with Dixie's hair.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Thank you, you cleared a lot of things up for me. So the acorns were used for health and conkers for ammunition. Man, Twelve Tales really was completely different game, I wonder how they came up with the idea to use chocolate as health. It's just kind of sad to think about the fact that there was a perfectly good and promising looking 3D platformer that never saw the light of day. Regardless I'm glad we got BFD, but I'm sure I would've enjoyed Twelve Tales just as much, if not more.

One thing that always caught my attention whenever I saw footage of Twelve Tales is the zip line sequence where Conker is hanging on and going round and round while this music plays in the background:

I wonder what the section was for. Why did Conker need to use that zip line and could he get by doing so? Did Rare ever say what it was supposed to be? Anyway, I'm glad the song was carried over to BFD. But who knew the song would go from being used in a cute zip line adventure to being used when you're peeing on people drunk out of your mind?

Another thing I love about Twelve Tales is all the different abilities Conker had. Running like a squirrel, and then being able to perform different jumps while running. The uppercut and all the other types of punches he had. He could even cycle through different weapons like the slingshot which I thought was pretty cool.
You're welcome, and yeah, I guess they were going more for the typical squirrel stereotype, with all the acorns and conkers involved! Which makes sense if you ask me!
I hear you, I believe this would have been one of the best 3d platformers (and maybe even videogames) that I'd ever have played! While I doubt that it would surpass Conker's Bad Fur Day for me, I do think that it looks practically just as creative and fun!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that one, it's actually interesting that they still found a funny way to make good use of that soundtrack! It also plays when your riding Mr. Barrel!
By the looks of it, I'd say the zip line ride was one of the few aspects of the game, that weren't complete! Unfortunately Rare never revealed that much information!
I think that stage was just the Windmill at nightime (that also happens in Windy), but now I wonder, was the game going to have a day-to-night cicle, or would the level just suddenly go to night time after you accomplish something (like after you collected a certain amount of presents)!

The rest of the soundtracks as well as the other content of Twelve Tails that was never reused/recycled feels like such a waste!
They were all just so freaking good and promising!

The soundtracks, for starters, were so catchy and marvelous! The windy theme, the prehistoric theme, the old west theme, oh man I could just listen to them all day!
And they fit absolutely right into the game's areas!
It's such a shame that only two of them got reused (the coliseum theme that later got to be the Jet Force Gemini theme song, and the zip line theme that later turned into the pissing theme)! But at least, a handfull of these soundtracks got a remixed version in the similiar levels of Conker's Pocket Tales! But I say that they fit way better in a big and colorful 3d platformer that Conker's Quest was going to be!
By the way, this one is my favourite:

I also loved the ideas that they had for enemies and bosses, their designs and traits are really creative and imaginative!
The evil acorns are the ones that caught most of my attention and interest!

They kind of give me a Goomba vibe, due to how simple and weak they look!
Green_acorn.png
SM64_-_Goomba_Model.png

Still, if you watched the part of that video where Conker is battling a few of them, you can see that they possess some unique characteristics that easily distinguish a lot from them!
For instance, I like how they can talk (which isn't a very common thing in Nintendo characters)! their voices are actually pretty similiar to the wasps from BFD! Right at the game's intro when Conker waves at the player, one of them says "Hey you!" and start chasing him!
They can even call for help during battle, when they feel insecure!
And apparantly this time, the simple tradition of jumping on top of an enemy to defeat it (like in Mario and DK), does not apply with this bad boys, you either have to stomp them, perform a tail swipe or even give them a big taste of your fists, that will make them fly in the air!

The normal ones are slightly taller than Conker!
And for what I can see, there was also going to be a miniature version of these creatures!

Oh and they could also ride turrets!
To be honest, I always thought it was kind of a missed opportunity that they did not include these guys in Bad Fur Day! Tehy could have easily been reused in Windy or the Barn Boys, trying to prevent Conker from getting money, and have a meaner personality and express ruder and more offensive coments!

K.O. the Cat is also a really cool and unique boss, that immediately caught my attention too!

From what I saw in the video, that owl says that you'd have to sneak behind him in order to get the chance to attack! When he would see you he would squash you with his gigantic hammer!
It's a real bummer that he was never at least recycled/reused for anything else!

Here are some other enemies and chapters that were planned for the game, but mysteriously, didn't appear on the 30 minutes of TT video:

Man, those charming levels are just begging for someone to waddle around them and explore everything!
I really wish Rare could show us alot more about it!
I wouldn't mind at all if Microsoft released it as a downloadable game for the xbox, even if it still ended up incomplete!

Welcome!

I absolutely want Dixie. I feel like she's the last DK character needed for the roster (at least to complete the main characters). I know we just got K. Rool Sakurai but still, I wanna beat people with Dixie's hair.
For me, the last two remaning DK characters for Smash Bros are Dixie Kong and Lanky Kong!

Judging by his appearance and his abilities, I say that he is easily one of most unique characters in the whole DK franchise!
I mean sure, he might have no style and no grace, but this crazy kong would definitely have a funny (and powerful) moveset!

By the way, in case you haven't already seen this, I found a cool video made by Rareware, where one of the animators of Bad Fur Day and Twelve Tales, reveals a lot of stuff that TT Conker's Quest 64 was going to be featuring!

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice
Conker fan here, sign me up boyz! I would love to have Conker in Smash and he'd fit in so well. I agree that the public image of him as some "foul mouthed, super alcoholic, merciless squirrel" is pretty overblown, I mean he cusses like twice, and the only vulgar scenes are the pissing scenes if I can remember correctly. He may have a problem with alcohol but hey Homer Simpson has been drinking since 1989!

But what if they release Twelve Tales on the N64 Classic and then release Conker later as DLC with him having movesets and being modeled after that? He'd essentially have the same moves and dialect imo. Anyway, I always wanted to play Twelve Tales so that would be really awesome!

TheBeastHimself

Conker fan here, sign me up boyz! I would love to have Conker in Smash and he'd fit in so well. I agree that the public image of him as some "foul mouthed, super alcoholic, merciless squirrel" is pretty overblown, I mean he cusses like twice, and the only vulgar scenes are the pissing scenes if I can remember correctly. He may have a problem with alcohol but hey Homer Simpson has been drinking since 1989!

But what if they release Twelve Tales on the N64 Classic and then release Conker later as DLC with him having movesets and being modeled after that? He'd essentially have the same moves and dialect imo. Anyway, I always wanted to play Twelve Tales so that would be really awesome!
Welcome to the club my friend. It's always nice to see more Conker fans :) And you're definitely right. What most people don't understand is that the drunken pissing sequences are not only brief, but appear twice in the whole game. Yet they say Conker needs alcohol when that simply is not the case. What defines Conker is not his love for booze, but the various abilities and weapons he's used. Those appear more than two times!

This actually brings up another topic that people have talked about. Obviously for Smash, Conker can't use any adult-themed humor/attacks. Even though he could still have a kid friendly moveset, would the lack of adult humor take away from Conker's essence? I think maybe a little, I mean the humor was a big part of that game and can't really be shown in Smash. However, I still want Conker and I believe that he can still represent his game really well, because they did tone down Bayonetta and she still represents her franchise fine.

You're welcome, and yeah, I guess they were going more for the typical squirrel stereotype, with all the acorns and conkers involved! Which makes sense if you ask me!
I hear you, I believe this would have been one of the best 3d platformers (and maybe even videogames) that I'd ever have played! While I doubt that it would surpass Conker's Bad Fur Day for me, I do think that it looks practically just as creative and fun!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that one, it's actually interesting that they still found a funny way to make good use of that soundtrack! It also plays when your riding Mr. Barrel!
By the looks of it, I'd say the zip line ride was one of the few aspects of the game, that weren't complete! Unfortunately Rare never revealed that much information!
I think that stage was just the Windmill at nightime (that also happens in Windy), but now I wonder, was the game going to have a day-to-night cicle, or would the level just suddenly go to night time after you accomplish something (like after you collected a certain amount of presents)!

The rest of the soundtracks as well as the other content of Twelve Tails that was never reused/recycled feels like such a waste!
They were all just so freaking good and promising!

The soundtracks, for starters, were so catchy and marvelous! The windy theme, the prehistoric theme, the old west theme, oh man I could just listen to them all day!
And they fit absolutely right into the game's areas!
It's such a shame that only two of them got reused (the coliseum theme that later got to be the Jet Force Gemini theme song, and the zip line theme that later turned into the pissing theme)! But at least, a handfull of these soundtracks got a remixed version in the similiar levels of Conker's Pocket Tales! But I say that they fit way better in a big and colorful 3d platformer that Conker's Quest was going to be!
By the way, this one is my favourite:

I also loved the ideas that they had for enemies and bosses, their designs and traits are really creative and imaginative!
The evil acorns are the ones that caught most of my attention and interest!

They kind of give me a Goomba vibe, due to how simple and weak they look!
View attachment 195481View attachment 195484
Still, if you watched the part of that video where Conker is battling a few of them, you can see that they possess some unique characteristics that easily distinguish a lot from them!
For instance, I like how they can talk (which isn't a very common thing in Nintendo characters)! their voices are actually pretty similiar to the wasps from BFD! Right at the game's intro when Conker waves at the player, one of them says "Hey you!" and start chasing him!
They can even call for help during battle, when they feel insecure!
And apparantly this time, the simple tradition of jumping on top of an enemy to defeat it (like in Mario and DK), does not apply with this bad boys, you either have to stomp them, perform a tail swipe or even give them a big taste of your fists, that will make them fly in the air!

The normal ones are slightly taller than Conker!
And for what I can see, there was also going to be a miniature version of these creatures!

Oh and they could also ride turrets!
To be honest, I always thought it was kind of a missed opportunity that they did not include these guys in Bad Fur Day! Tehy could have easily been reused in Windy or the Barn Boys, trying to prevent Conker from getting money, and have a meaner personality and express ruder and more offensive coments!

K.O. the Cat is also a really cool and unique boss, that immediately caught my attention too!

From what I saw in the video, that owl says that you'd have to sneak behind him in order to get the chance to attack! When he would see you he would squash you with his gigantic hammer!
It's a real bummer that he was never at least recycled/reused for anything else!

Here are some other enemies and chapters that were planned for the game, but mysteriously, didn't appear on the 30 minutes of TT video:

Man, those charming levels are just begging for someone to waddle around them and explore everything!
I really wish Rare could show us alot more about it!
I wouldn't mind at all if Microsoft released it as a downloadable game for the xbox, even if it still ended up incomplete!
I never noticed the time of day could change in Twelve Tales! That actually reminds of me something... Animal Crossing. When the first Animal Crossing game was being developed on the N64, it made use of an internal clock to track real life time, day, and year but it didn't work out because of the N64's inferior hardware when compared to the Gamecube. I wonder if the developers behind Twelve Tales were going for something similar. It would be really cool if they had something like certain collectibles only being able to spawn at a certain time of day. Or depending on the season, the areas could look different. For example if you booted up Twelve Tales during the winter, certain areas could be covered in snow. That theory of mine is a bit out there, but it does seem to look like they were trying to make use of an internal clock.

The Evil Acorns have a pretty sweet design. It's interesting how many moves Conker had at his disposal, on top of being able to cycle through weapons. Maybe if getting close to them was risky, you could switch to slingshot and try hitting them from a distance. It seems like Conker's moveset in Twelve Tales would allow for creative combat situations like that. I do wish some of those moves were also in BFD, but at the same time I don't mind the Context Sensitive pads that essentially replaced them. The Evil Acorns could have definitely made an appearance in BFD. Now that I think about it, why did they get rid of all the squirrel references in BFD?

K.O.!! I love his design so much. What I found neat about this boss fight is the lightning he shoots down at you as you're trying to get to him. It's those little details in games that I love.

ko.PNG

That whole chase sequence where Conker is desperately trying to get to K.O. just looks like so much fun, they really put a lot of thought into the level design there. Especially these xylophone stairs that even chime like one when you step on it!

xy.PNG

The fact that K.O. is fully voiced and has expressive animations also just goes to show how far this game was in development. Another thing I wanted to touch on which I thought was super neat is being able to play as Berri. Not only does Berri have her own abilities, but she can also tame monsters as long as they are kept fed! That would have definitely added a lot of replay value to the game because it allows you to play it in a whole different way.

berri.PNG

I love those pictures!! Everything is so colorful and bright, I love that type of stuff. It's a shame none of those enemies got to see the light of day because some of them look really cool like that train and snail. Hopefully in the future Microsoft either releases it on Xbox or on the N64 classic. While the game wasn't 100% complete, c'mon now, there's enough content in it to at least be playable.

For me, the last two remaning DK characters for Smash Bros are Dixie Kong and Lanky Kong!

Judging by his appearance and his abilities, I say that he is easily one of most unique characters in the whole DK franchise!
I mean sure, he might have no style and no grace, but this crazy kong would definitely have a funny (and powerful) moveset!

By the way, in case you haven't already seen this, I found a cool video made by Rareware, where one of the animators of Bad Fur Day and Twelve Tales, reveals a lot of stuff that TT Conker's Quest 64 was going to be featuring!

LOL my senior year of high school I printed out a bunch of pictures of Lanky Kong with the description "VOTE LANKY KONG IN THE SMASH BALLOT!!" and put them up all over the school. Some heartless ******** ended up taking them down! And yes, I actually watched that video last night. Very interesting stuff!

I did even more digging on Twelve Tales and came across some old Nintendo Power issues which offer more insight into the game:

np4.PNG

np.PNG

np2.PNG

np3.PNG

Just wanted to drop in and say thank you to everyone who decided to join the thread. As we've tirelessly discussed, Conker is a character whom not many really discuss during Smash speculation. I'm just glad to see others share the same taste I do. We may not be the biggest community supporting characters, but at least we got each other. And I'm totally fine discussing Conker with a few people. Every now and then we get more supporters and it's always so nice to see. When I first started posting here this dead was thread and I thought I was going to be the only one keeping it alive, it felt like I was the only one who wanted Conker. I'm super stoked that turned out to be false!

Anyway, here's something new for discussion: I brought this up in the Banjo thread, but the director of Rare, Craig Duncan, said the following in 2017 about a new Banjo/Conker:

"The worst thing Rare could do. I don't think it's OK to just make the same game that people love before but with up-to-date graphics, audio and all those things. Just making them again with whatever technologies available today - that's not Rare. I think that what Rare is, is doing the kind of games that only Rare would do.

Like, no one else would go make Sea of Thieves in the way we're making Sea of Thieves, and I think unless you've got an absolutely killer, amazing idea for how you would bring maybe an existing IP or maybe one of those franchises and do something new with it from a gameplay paradigm or scenario or something that could actually be genuinely different and innovative, I don't think you just re-do them. I think that would be the worst thing for Rare to do, honestly.

If I went and said to Rare, 'hey, go remake all the stuff that was kind of successful at the time but make it up-to-date,' I don't think it would be good and I don't think it would be relevant, and I don't think people would really want it. I think they might think they do, but I don't think they would."

Then said this in 2018:

"Rare has this 32-year back catalog of heritage and IP, and while I wouldn't say we were Disney or even Nintendo or SEGA or any of the other kind of long-term IP stalwarts in our business, people ask us to use stuff. It's absolutely not out of the realm of possibility, but not only does the 'why' have to be right, but the team, and the people, and 'who' have to be right. Rare is the guardian of Rare's IP. Who knows what the future holds?"

It appears that for a new Banjo or Conker game to come out, we need to show Rare that we truly want it, and a company outside of Rare has to have a good idea for it. Looking at that second quote, apparently it's normal for other companies to ask Rare to use their properties. One more thing to note, Craig Duncan states that the company approaching them needs to have a new and innovative idea to take the franchise, so it can't just be a carbon copy of the classics. Seems like they still have their Nuts & Bolts mentality. It seems like what Duncan said in these interviews are true, because DLaLa Studios is developing the new Battletoads game. You guys have any thoughts on all of this?

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
This actually brings up another topic that people have talked about. Obviously for Smash, Conker can't use any adult-themed humor/attacks. Even though he could still have a kid friendly moveset, would the lack of adult humor take away from Conker's essence? I think maybe a little, I mean the humor was a big part of that game and can't really be shown in Smash. However, I still want Conker and I believe that he can still represent his game really well, because they did tone down Bayonetta and she still represents her franchise fine.

I never noticed the time of day could change in Twelve Tales! That actually reminds of me something... Animal Crossing. When the first Animal Crossing game was being developed on the N64, it made use of an internal clock to track real life time, day, and year but it didn't work out because of the N64's inferior hardware when compared to the Gamecube. I wonder if the developers behind Twelve Tales were going for something similar. It would be really cool if they had something like certain collectibles only being able to spawn at a certain time of day. Or depending on the season, the areas could look different. For example if you booted up Twelve Tales during the winter, certain areas could be covered in snow. That theory of mine is a bit out there, but it does seem to look like they were trying to make use of an internal clock.

The Evil Acorns have a pretty sweet design. It's interesting how many moves Conker had at his disposal, on top of being able to cycle through weapons. Maybe if getting close to them was risky, you could switch to slingshot and try hitting them from a distance. It seems like Conker's moveset in Twelve Tales would allow for creative combat situations like that. I do wish some of those moves were also in BFD, but at the same time I don't mind the Context Sensitive pads that essentially replaced them. The Evil Acorns could have definitely made an appearance in BFD. Now that I think about it, why did they get rid of all the squirrel references in BFD?

K.O.!! I love his design so much. What I found neat about this boss fight is the lightning he shoots down at you as you're trying to get to him. It's those little details in games that I love.

That whole chase sequence where Conker is desperately trying to get to K.O. just looks like so much fun, they really put a lot of thought into the level design there. Especially these xylophone stairs that even chime like one when you step on it!

The fact that K.O. is fully voiced and has expressive animations also just goes to show how far this game was in development. Another thing I wanted to touch on which I thought was super neat is being able to play as Berri. Not only does Berri have her own abilities, but she can also tame monsters as long as they are kept fed! That would have definitely added a lot of replay value to the game because it allows you to play it in a whole different way.

I love those pictures!! Everything is so colorful and bright, I love that type of stuff. It's a shame none of those enemies got to see the light of day because some of them look really cool like that train and snail. Hopefully in the future Microsoft either releases it on Xbox or on the N64 classic. While the game wasn't 100% complete, c'mon now, there's enough content in it to at least be playable.

LOL my senior year of high school I printed out a bunch of pictures of Lanky Kong with the description "VOTE LANKY KONG IN THE SMASH BALLOT!!" and put them up all over the school. Some heartless ******** ended up taking them down! And yes, I actually watched that video last night. Very interesting stuff!
I think that we already covered up that Conker can still stay perfectly in-character in Smash, even if he isn't allowed to drink excessively!
He doesn't even need to have a fully innocent personality and move set either, I mean just look at Wario and Ridley!!! You consider them family friendly?! We've even had some good ideas for his move set like how he can sprint with his chainsaw with his angry face; how he can shoot guns (in a matrix-style action) in his final smash; and how one of his taunts could be him looking at butterflies coming by and use his flamethrower to take them down, like he does in his idle animations! I think that would perfectly demonstrate what type of character Conker is, to people who never even heard of him!
And it would still be appropriate enough for Smash Bros standards!

I highly doubt that's what they were going for! I think it would be something more like in some levels of Super Mario Odyssey, where you have to accomplish some type of mission to get time to change from day to night or from night to day!
To be honest, I think that the idea of having an internal clock to track real life time isn't the best for a 3d platformer! I mean, having your adventures constantly changing from day to night or from season to season, that only sounds right in something like Animal Crossing, where there's not much of an adventure going on, just you doing all of your stuff for your house, your friends and your neighborhood, etc!

Exactly, the move ideas, the enemies/bosses, the stages, the soundtracks! What a waste!!! The evil acorns even had more than one death animation, like when they were stomped, they would just simply get smashed like goombas, when they got shot by Conker's slingshot, they would just simply fall to the ground, and they would get hit by that charged punch, they would literally be flying in the air, and when they landed, they even would even spin with their head on the ground, before they disappeared, if that doesn't sound detailed and complete, than I don't know what it does!

Sadly, there was still so much content that didn't make it into the 30 minute footage, like that chapter that was apparently going to take place on a beach or an island (that I showed an image of it, in one of my recent replies)! I am so curious to know more about it, I wonder what type of quests were there and how far could you go on the ocean! I even heard there were going to be killer whale enemies in that stage (that literally intriguers me)!! The closest thing we have is a similar version of that same level in Conker's Pocket Tales! I'm guessing a lot of its content was going to be based for Twelve Tales, like the soundtrack and the quests!

I even heard some silly rumours that Rare deleted TT's files a long time ago or that they sold the only cartridge they had of the game for 14.000 £ to a guy who later died! But none of those can't literally be truth, I mean just look at those videogame footage clips, from the video! By its clear quality imagery, you can clearly see that it was filmed in HD, which means that they have to be recent! So if they wanted, they could literally finish what's left of it, or just release like that, I mean, I think there is enough content that makes you able to at least finish the game (Maybe not collect all the existing presents but still)!

I hate being a partypooper but didn't Nintendo confirmed at one point, that there won't be a N64 classic edition, or did they change their minds and thought that it would actually be a really good idea after all?! If so, than Conker's Bad Fur Day is undoubtedly a must have for the collection! For me when it comes to N64 (which is my personal favourite Nintendo console) BFD is right up there with Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time!!! And I'm not even planning on buying it (I mean, why would I?! My original N64 still holds up today perfectly), I just want Conker's chances of getting into Smash Ultimate to increase!

By the way, there is a really strange aspect of Twelve Tales that we still haven't discussed! We can clearly see that Berri had one hell of a redesign, going from Pocket Tales/Twelve Tales 64 to Bad Fur Day! But have you noticed in the Rare revealed video, that apparently there was a second design planned for her in Twelve Tales, and it seems that one is closer to her BFD design since she is tall, have grey fur and blond hair (yeah, it's literally her BFD appearance with the only thing missing is her provocating outfit)!
I'm guessing that they probably were indecisive with her design, but the only question I have to that is why?!

Seriously?! Oh my god, that's hilarious!!! Man, how I would've loved to be your classmate!!!
But anyway, since I'm still in high school, I think I might take some inspiration from your idea, but instead of being "vote Lanky in Smash Ballot" (since that's over), it's gonna be something like "Support Lanky Kong in his thread from Smashboards! Make sure this Crazy Kong will dig his tune in Smash Ultimate!"
The closest thing, I did, was last year, when I used to drive my art teacher nuts, by putting multiple N64 sounds, one of which was Lanky's "ooplah!"

By the way I liked the information that you shared here related to Conker and Banjo's situation of nowadays, and what Rare thinks of it!
But I'll reply to you later on that one!

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Please don't double post, just edit your messages instead.

Also, if your post includes walls if texts or multiple videos/big images, opting for spoilers would make navigating much easier.

TheBeastHimself

Please don't double post, just edit your messages instead.

Also, if your post includes walls if texts or multiple videos/big images, opting for spoilers would make navigating much easier.
Thanks for the heads up.

DeniroSerafim

Smash Apprentice
Man I really hope Rare Replay makes it's way to PC now that Microsoft is putting all of their first party releases on both Xbox and PC, I bought the game a while back just in case I ever do get an Xbox One and to support Rare, but I really don't want to buy an Xbox One just for one game (I have Sea Of Thieves on PC). Honestly, the best thing for Conker and Rare in general would be for more people to have access to these games, I can't imagine that Sea Of Thieves would be as popular if it was only playable on Xbox One.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Man I really hope Rare Replay makes it's way to PC now that Microsoft is putting all of their first party releases on both Xbox and PC, I bought the game a while back just in case I ever do get an Xbox One and to support Rare, but I really don't want to buy an Xbox One just for one game (I have Sea Of Thieves on PC). Honestly, the best thing for Conker and Rare in general would be for more people to have access to these games, I can't imagine that Sea Of Thieves would be as popular if it was only playable on Xbox One
What I personally really want is that Rare Replay gets ported to the Nintendo Switch!
So that, not only its games get to be where they belong again, but mostly to increase the chances of Banjo and specially Conker to get in Smash Bros!

But yeah, it does seem probable that RR will soon be available on the PC!
So my only advice is, wait for it, and don't waste your money on an Xbox!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I think that we already covered up that Conker can still stay perfectly in-character in Smash, even if he isn't allowed to drink excessively!
He doesn't even need to have a fully innocent personality and move set either, I mean just look at Wario and Ridley!!! You consider them family friendly?! We've even had some good ideas for his move set like how he can sprint with his chainsaw with his angry face; how he can shoot guns (in a matrix-style action) in his final smash; and how one of his taunts could be him looking at butterflies coming by and use his flamethrower to take them down, like he does in his idle animations! I think that would perfectly demonstrate what type of character Conker is, to people who never even heard of him!
And it would still be appropriate enough for Smash Bros standards!

I highly doubt that's what they were going for! I think it would be something more like in some levels of Super Mario Odyssey, where you have to accomplish some type of mission to get time to change from day to night or from night to day!
To be honest, I think that the idea of having an internal clock to track real life time isn't the best for a 3d platformer! I mean, having your adventures constantly changing from day to night or from season to season, that only sounds right in something like Animal Crossing, where there's not much of an adventure going on, just you doing all of your stuff for your house, your friends and your neighborhood, etc!

Exactly, the move ideas, the enemies/bosses, the stages, the soundtracks! What a waste!!! The evil acorns even had more than one death animation, like when they were stomped, they would just simply get smashed like goombas, when they got shot by Conker's slingshot, they would just simply fall to the ground, and they would get hit by that charged punch, they would literally be flying in the air, and when they landed, they even would even spin with their head on the ground, before they disappeared, if that doesn't sound detailed and complete, than I don't know what it does!

Sadly, there was still so much content that didn't make it into the 30 minute footage, like that chapter that was apparently going to take place on a beach or an island (that I showed an image of it, in one of my recent replies)! I am so curious to know more about it, I wonder what type of quests were there and how far could you go on the ocean! I even heard there were going to be killer whale enemies in that stage (that literally intriguers me)!! The closest thing we have is a similar version of that same level in Conker's Pocket Tales! I'm guessing a lot of its content was going to be based for Twelve Tales, like the soundtrack and the quests!

I even heard some silly rumours that Rare deleted TT's files a long time ago or that they sold the only cartridge they had of the game for 14.000 £ to a guy who later died! But none of those can't literally be truth, I mean just look at those videogame footage clips, from the video! By its clear quality imagery, you can clearly see that it was filmed in HD, which means that they have to be recent! So if they wanted, they could literally finish what's left of it, or just release like that, I mean, I think there is enough content that makes you able to at least finish the game (Maybe not collect all the existing presents but still)!

I hate being a partypooper but didn't Nintendo confirmed at one point, that there won't be a N64 classic edition, or did they change their minds and thought that it would actually be a really good idea after all?! If so, than Conker's Bad Fur Day is undoubtedly a must have for the collection! For me when it comes to N64 (which is my personal favourite Nintendo console) BFD is right up there with Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time!!! And I'm not even planning on buying it (I mean, why would I?! My original N64 still holds up today perfectly), I just want Conker's chances of getting into Smash Ultimate to increase!

By the way, there is a really strange aspect of Twelve Tales that we still haven't discussed! We can clearly see that Berri had one hell of a redesign, going from Pocket Tales/Twelve Tales 64 to Bad Fur Day! But have you noticed in the Rare revealed video, that apparently there was a second design planned for her in Twelve Tales, and it seems that one is closer to her BFD design since she is tall, have grey fur and blond hair (yeah, it's literally her BFD appearance with the only thing missing is her provocating outfit)!
I'm guessing that they probably were indecisive with her design, but the only question I have to that is why?!

Seriously?! Oh my god, that's hilarious!!! Man, how I would've loved to be your classmate!!!
But anyway, since I'm still in high school, I think I might take some inspiration from your idea, but instead of being "vote Lanky in Smash Ballot" (since that's over), it's gonna be something like "Support Lanky Kong in his thread from Smashboards! Make sure this Crazy Kong will dig his tune in Smash Ultimate!"
The closest thing, I did, was last year, when I used to drive my art teacher nuts, by putting multiple N64 sounds, one of which was Lanky's "ooplah!"

By the way I liked the information that you shared here related to Conker and Banjo's situation of nowadays, and what Rare thinks of it!
But I'll reply to you later on that one!
ChunkyKongDK64Image.jpg

What about my boy Chunky? In the words of the DK Rap "This Kong's one HELL of a guy !"

Lanky Kong is great too, Also love his "Ooplah" sound and his running 360 degree spin attack where he smacks his own ass, But Chunky was probably my favorite of the DK crew growing up, I wish Chunky, Lanky and Tiny Kong would appear in more DK spinoffs or mainline games, maybe even a sequel to DK 64 ?
(Maybe, Someday)

Side note: Speaking of Kong sound effects, To this very day I still sometimes say "Yeah" in Donkey Kong's "64" voice when he pulls out his Coconut Gun when someone ask's me a question.

Last edited:
Top Bottom