• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"A Bad Smash Day..."- Conker for Ultimate!

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I don't see why that wouldn't be possible. I guess it's up to Rare, I'm just gonna assume it's more likely that they'll do a straight port of the game instead of including DK 64 and the others, not to be a party pooper. But hey, because the game is going on the Switch, seeing those titles pop up on there would make sense.
I think that it would be a real wasted opportunity if they don't include those titles! I really wanna see Rare and Nintendo striking back again, and that would be the closest thing.

There has never really been a solid answer as to why Mother 3 was never released outside of Japan. Rumor has it that it's because the game contains swearing, or that the game would be too controversial because it contains what it appears to be transexual characters. There's also a scene where Lucas trips out on magic mushrooms... But what I don't understand is that why would these aspects of the game hold it back from an international release? You know how you solve this? Either censor the game a little bit, or slap on a T rating. Other reason why Mother 3 was never released (according to speculation) is that it would be too costly to translate the game into English, but I don't know about that one because literally every Nintendo game has to get translated from Japanese to English.

Mother 3 may be coming this year, however. The President of Nintendo of America, Reggie Fils-Aime, is retiring on Monday and he has always been making jokes about not releasing Mother 3 and he has always kept in touch with Mother fans. As a send-off for his retirement, a lot of people think it would be fitting for him to finally release the long awaited Mother 3. Plus, Mother 3 was released in April of 2006, and Lucas was announced as Smash 4 DLC in April; a lot is lining up right now for this to happen. And if not this month, the Mother series' 30th anniversary is in July, which would be another perfect time to release that game.
I really don't see how Nintendo of America would doesn't have any problems in releasing something like Bayonetta, but not Mother 3, which is kind of considered a kid-friendly game. They could easily swap the mushrooms with something else too. Plus Earthbound received a T-rating in the Wii U release, so I really don't see any excuse. I sure hope that it'll be released for the Switch after all these years! I mean this will be the perfect time for that, since the Mother series will be celebrating its 30th Anniversary this year!

To be fair, just because you might not see anything special about Shantae doesn't mean there's nothing special about her, or that her fans don't see anything special about her. That's not me trying to lecture you or sound rude, but I just think we should keep an open mind about other characters because there may be people out there who are thinking "why are those guys supporting Conker, there's nothing special about him" and we wouldn't like to hear that. From what I've seen, Shantae has a lot of cool genie abilities, some of which involve turning into different animals which is an ability not seen in Smash so far, so that would make her unique. Plus, Shantae would represent indie games well!
I suppose you're right, I just personally think that there are still a few characters with priorities!

Well, I would really want Ninten just to have the psychic kid from each Mother game, but at the same time there's a lot more interesting characters in the series that don't use psychic powers. My personal picks are Duster (who has a variety of thief tools that would make for an interesting moveset) and Porky (because we don't have any characters on the roster who are in a mech, and mechs are pretty bad-***). Plus, Porky is a recurring antagonist, and I just can't imagine Giygas being there instead because there isn't really a solid design on what he looks like... Anyway, you may remember Porky showed up as a boss in Subspace Emissary:
I don't know that much about Duster, I just think Flint would be more fitting, since he is supposedly the main protagonist of the game, along with Lucas! I really like his design too. From what I've seen he uses a piece of wood as a melee weapon, what else does he have (maybe he could summon his dog).
Porky would be really cool too, and it's actually really weird and suspecting that he didn't show up in Adventure Mode as a Boss. I just think Giygas would be more unique and interesting, they could use his physical design from Earthbound Begginings and who knows, maybe he could be a clone character to :ultmewtwo:!

Conker and Super Mario RPG have two completely different atmospheres, and seeing those two worlds collide would be super interesting to see. I'd have to give it some more thought if I'm going to give you a detailed response of what I think it would be like...
Well I think it would be something like this:

EDIT: Gah sorry guys, but the ****ing thing won't upload for some reason!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

CipherPool

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-8149-9853-2982
No %&$#ing way TacklessMiner24 found something pointing towards Banjo & Kazooie being the "Brave" character but this is just speculation. If in a regular Nintendo Direct or E3 if Reggie or someone else announces Banjo & Kazooie for smash DLC and BK and BT or Rare Reply for Switch and also Mother 3 localized for Switch. and Mertroid Prime Trilogy for Switch as well if people can think of that, even in Nuts & Bots intro, BK are named "Brave Heros". #Banjoforsmash

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Eesh Finally, Here’s how I think it would be:

1886D9D9-0F79-4099-924C-62BE7FB0E685.png

Again sorry for the technical issues from my last reply!

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Eesh Finally, Here’s how I think it would be:

View attachment 207975

Again sorry for the technical issues from my last reply!
Holy crap this is amazing! You were able to implement them so perfectly into the art-style... this is just so cool man!

I don't know that much about Duster, I just think Flint would be more fitting, since he is supposedly the main protagonist of the game, along with Lucas! I really like his design too. From what I've seen he uses a piece of wood as a melee weapon, what else does he have (maybe he could summon his dog).
Porky would be really cool too, and it's actually really weird and suspecting that he didn't show up in Adventure Mode as a Boss. I just think Giygas would be more unique and interesting, they could use his physical design from Earthbound Begginings and who knows, maybe he could be a clone character to :ultmewtwo:!
The game is divided into 8 chapters. You only play as Flint in one, then he becomes a supporting character. Duster is one of the main protagonists that accompanies Lucas on his adventure, he's a thief that has an array of tools, each having their own unique properties. If they could figure out something with Giygas, I would definitely love to see it!

Also, regarding Mother 3 getting a T-rating, yeah, I don't know why Nintendo can't just do that. You're right, they are selling rated M games but Mother 3 (which isn't exactly mature) can't be released? It makes no sense. There's definitely a reason, such as there not being a big enough audience, to the translation costing too much money, so who knows what the real reason could be...

Last edited:

CipherPool

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-8149-9853-2982
Quick update from the Mature Cast, some of you state that Persona 5 had a penis slug monster as a boss in the game what? So I check if that game was really mature and I was right well Conker to me wasn't going to be our 3rd member but rather our 4th member of the team so we have Snake, Bayonetta, Joker and Conker, they have in fit to the four player time when it comes to playing a mature character so let me ask you this. If this was your only roster that you have then which mature character is best to you when you think about and list the character number one to four and give me reason why that character is good or bad when you play as them.

The Mature Squad.png

EDIT: So Joker is coming and Conker may have to be so long get so just imagine if they were in.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Quick update from the Mature Cast, some of you state that Persona 5 had a penis slug monster as a boss in the game what? So I check if that game was really mature and I was right well Conker to me wasn't going to be our 3rd member but rather our 4th member of the team so we have Snake, Bayonetta, Joker and Conker, they have in fit to the four player time when it comes to playing a mature character so let me ask you this. If this was your only roster that you have then which mature character is best to you when you think about and list the character number one to four and give me reason why that character is good or bad when you play as them.
By "best", do you mean playstyles or characters themselves?

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Holy crap this is amazing! You were able to implement them so perfectly into the art-style... this is just so cool man!

The game is divided into 8 chapters. You only play as Flint in one, then he becomes a supporting character. Duster is one of the main protagonists that accompanies Lucas on his adventure, he's a thief that has an array of tools, each having their own unique properties. If they could figure out something with Giygas, I would definitely love to see it!

Also, regarding Mother 3 getting a T-rating, yeah, I don't know why Nintendo can't just do that. You're right, they are selling rated M games but Mother 3 (which isn't exactly mature) can't be released? It makes no sense. There's definitely a reason, such as there not being a big enough audience, to the translation costing too much money, so who knows what the real reason could be...
Thank you so much!!! I’m so honored that you shared it on the Geno Thread! Who knows, maybe it’ll atract some Geno fans into our thread too! But geez now that I think about it, the toilet Paper got a little bit messed up, you think I should improve it?

Oh ok, seeing it like that, than I guess maybe Duster would be a more fitting Earthbound rep. (Tho I’d still be really glad if Flint was the chosen one).
Giygas would be one hell of an intimidating beast (possibly even more than Ridley) if he ever gets his hands on a Smash invitation!

Exactly, it wouldn’t even be the first “kid-friendly” series to earn two T-ratings titles (the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess + Hyrule Warriors/ Super Smash Brothers: Melee + Brawl). Weren’t there numerous petitions with thousands of signatures for Reggie to release Mother 3? If so, than I really can’t see any excuses.

If this was your only roster that you have then which mature character is best to you when you think about and list the character number one to four and give me reason why that character is good or bad when you play as them.
Oh definitely Conker, he is easily the most fitting and deserving out of the four to be included just for the simple fact that he’s a Nintendo chatacter! And thanks to his context sensitive ability, he has so much potential to have a really unique and wacky moveset!
Second best is Solid Snake, he is iconic, his arsenal weapons make him a really unique fighter and he surprisingly fits well in Smash!
As for the other two (Joker and Bayonetta), I’m sorry but I am seriously not happy with their inclusion, cuz I personally think that they really don’t fit at all and make it seem like anyone is allowed in Smash Brothers nowadays.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Song licensing issues, I'd bet. For instance, I believe there was a song in the game that came way too close to the 60s Batman TV theme song, and that show was caught in a legal mess in itself in regards to home video releases. In Japan, copyrights are much looser, generally speaking.

So, uh, good job Itoi?

In any case, I heard that the game isn't looked as nearly as fondly in Japan, so that doesn't help much.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

View attachment 208194

EDIT: So Joker is coming and Conker may have to be so long get so just imagine if they were in.
  1. Joker. My personal favorite and I think his stylized design would fit to Ultimate's art direction perfectly.
  2. Bayonetta. Again, her effects and how exaggerated her attacks/taunts are makes her a blast in Smash.
  3. Snake. Not necessarily for design, but his personality is a great example of Comically Serious and doesn't look out of place, which is impressive.
  4. Conker. He might be cool? It's kinda hard to imagine him but if they can play up his humor in his moveset, he'd be a fun fighter.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Song licensing issues, I'd bet. For instance, I believe there was a song in the game that came way too close to the 60s Batman TV theme song, and that show was caught in a legal mess in itself in regards to home video releases. In Japan, copyrights are much looser, generally speaking.

So, uh, good job Itoi?

In any case, I heard that the game isn't looked as nearly as fondly in Japan, so that doesn't help much.
Too close to the 60s Batman TV theme song, you say...

Than how the hell did Spongebob get away with this???

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I support. Conker is my favorite Rare character and I'd love for him to be in Smash.

CipherPool

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-8149-9853-2982
Hey everyone it's here hurry get on youtube and make vote so this character can work for smash. If you want Conker then go on youtube and me your vote on Slackerz Gaming channel for Super Smash Bros Ultimate. ;)

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Hey everyone it's here hurry get on youtube and make vote so this character can work for smash. If you want Conker then go on youtube and me your vote on Slackerz Gaming channel for Super Smash Bros Ultimate. ;)

✅ Done!!! Thanks for the heads up!!

I support. Conker is my favorite Rare character and I'd love for him to be in Smash.
Good to know, welcome to the club!!!

CipherPool

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-8149-9853-2982
Hey everyone at my DeviantArt profile I made an other art for the list of fighters that he may have a chance of getting in for DLC of the Fighters Pass and he's is Heihachi from Tekken. What do you think of my work and what are your thoughts and what Namco character do you want for DLC.

Fighter 73 - Heihachi.png

EDIT: Can you imagine if Banjo & Kazooie and Heihachi were both in what is interest me is if Banjo & Kazooie and Heihachi were to get in, if a crossover comic of Heihachi and Kazooie being something to have a stair face looking at Banjo and Kuma doing some bear stuff even because they're both Bears and it would funny to see this happen. :laugh:

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

I have a lot to catch up on in this thread, but good news!! Joker's trailer came out, and he has a realistic gun!!! The "Conker is too inappropriate" argument has been debunked! Conker has a shot (no pun intended)!!

gun.PNG

CipherPool

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-8149-9853-2982
I have a lot to catch up on in this thread, but good news!! Joker's trailer came out, and he has a realistic gun!!! The "Conker is too inappropriate" argument has been debunked! Conker has a shot (no pun intended)!!

View attachment 209261
Now when Joker's trailer came out today!!! I can make the video to showcase the argument of the guns will never happen plus Conker himself but now Joker opens the door for the squirrel the argument has been debunked because those smash had "NEVER SEE IT COMING"!!! If Joker and Banjo & Kazooie can get to smash brothers, Conker can to. #Conkerforsmash

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Hey everyone at my DeviantArt profile I made an other art for the list of fighters that he may have a chance of getting in for DLC of the Fighters Pass and he's is Heihachi from Tekken. What do you think of my work and what are your thoughts and what Namco character do you want for DLC.

View attachment 209084

EDIT: Can you imagine if Banjo & Kazooie and Heihachi were both in what is interest me is if Banjo & Kazooie and Heihachi were to get in, if a crossover comic of Heihachi and Kazooie being something to have a stair face looking at Banjo and Kuma doing some bear stuff even because they're both Bears and it would funny to see this happen. :laugh:
Nice work! Now that you asked, I would prefer Dig Dug or Rick Taylor as a Namco rep (sorry not a fan of Tekken). But eh, guess I wouldn’t mind having Heinachi.

View attachment 209261
Yeah, I sincerely hope this will exterminate the ignorant arguments that “Conker is too inappropriate” once and for all! There are no more excuses!!!
Absolutely can’t stand getting more weeb trash in the game

TheBeastHimself

Thank you so much!!! I’m so honored that you shared it on the Geno Thread! Who knows, maybe it’ll atract some Geno fans into our thread too! But geez now that I think about it, the toilet Paper got a little bit messed up, you think I should improve it?
I personally think it looks nice the way it is, but if you want to fix that it's up to you!

Oh ok, seeing it like that, than I guess maybe Duster would be a more fitting Earthbound rep. (Tho I’d still be really glad if Flint was the chosen one).
Giygas would be one hell of an intimidating beast (possibly even more than Ridley) if he ever gets his hands on a Smash invitation!
I would be happy with anyone from the Mother series. There's a whole array of different characters to choose from, ranging from alien henchmen to small monkeys. Now that I think about it, if Nintendo were to add a super bizarre pick from EarthBound, it would go along nicely with the zany vibe the series has.

Exactly, it wouldn’t even be the first “kid-friendly” series to earn two T-ratings titles (the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess + Hyrule Warriors/ Super Smash Brothers: Melee + Brawl). Weren’t there numerous petitions with thousands of signatures for Reggie to release Mother 3? If so, than I really can’t see any excuses.
Yeah, music is definitely an issue when it comes to releasing M3 here in the West. I believe this is the song KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465 was referring to that sounds so similar to the Adam West Batman Theme:

I think that came out really nice! I personally don't know a think about Heihachi or the Tekken series so I personally would have zero interest in the character if he was on the Fighter's Pass. I'm also not too sure what Heihachi could do... Would you be able to tell me what his abilities are? Could Heihachi bring something new to the table that other Smash characters can't?

To anyone wanting more information about Conker's Other Bad Day, Chris Seavor dumped a ton of info to his Twitter. The game was going to be released on the Gamecube, Live & Reloaded Conker was from Other Bad Day, check it out:

Capture.PNG

pris.PNG

priso.PNG

prison.PNG

prison1.PNG

prison2.PNG

prison3.PNG

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Conker’s a teenager?! The hell?

So that’s actually pretty worse in his situation, he basically suffered from underage drinking and got caught in a war.

I guess it kinda makes sense considering how young he looked and sound everything.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure that Heihachi is off the table for now. Besides Sakurai previously having had trouble figuring out how to translate Tekken gameplay into Smash, Heihachi's latest VA died shortly after doing :ultincineroar:. :ultpacman:'s Pac-cameo is the most we'll get of him this go-round.

Heck, I'll be surprised if a Bamco character comes with his Mii outfit.

Dang, Conker was 15-16 in Bad Fur Day? woah.
Neat, I was around his age when I played the game. Not that I really encourage doing that.

Last edited:

CipherPool

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-8149-9853-2982
I think that came out really nice! I personally don't know a think about Heihachi or the Tekken series so I personally would have zero interest in the character if he was on the Fighter's Pass. I'm also not too sure what Heihachi could do... Would you be able to tell me what his abilities are? Could Heihachi bring something new to the table that other Smash characters can't?
Well I got a lot things for you of what Heihachi possesses and also why smash, well Heihachi Mishima as known as The King of Iron Fist was going be in smash 4 but was cut and replace by :ultpacman: because he couldn't think of a moveset or gameplay like Tekken or maybe didn't wanna copy Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Heihachi but now the game Tekken and also Heihachi change from Playstation All Star to something new and he's old and he has different move compare to other Tekken games and spin-off so for Sakurai putting Heihachi in would make him more harder to implement so if Sakurai want to put him in he will need Namco's help because even Namco is helping develop Smash Bros probably Namco would help Sakurai to put Heihachi in so if Sakurai can think a moveset for Heihachi just like he did to :ultryu: and :ultken: and basically Heihachi could be a fighter for DLC I wouldn't if they brought back his mii costume so if want to know more here's a video.

What Heihachi possesses is Lighting power and very strong attacks to his opponent when it comes to fighting so lets say that he's a mix of :ultryu: and :ultpikachu: but different from those two and why he would be unique rather then a clone or base so think like this for example.

Maybe something that his final smash would be Rage Art or his Side Throw would go with Stonehead or his Side Smash would be Demon Breath like their is a lot them even I could make up a moveset for Heihachi that didn't came from Tekken and you don't need some one's moves to like from their game look i'm just saying if Heihachi was in smash bros anything is coming don't know who is coming for the Fighters Pass. So what is your Heihachi moveset for smash, you guys don't need to do Heihachi moveset i'm just saying it may take a while to do.

One more thing, a commentor comment on my DLC Speculation video about Heihachi and Banjo & Kazooie and I reply REALLY NAMCO NEEDS A NOTHER REP and he reply, What leans in his favor is that this Year is Both Tekken’s 25th Anniversary and Namco Promotes the Hell out of Tekken World Tour Tournament 2019, plus the opportunity of a Tekken 7 Port On Switch.

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I would be happy with anyone from the Mother series. There's a whole array of different characters to choose from, ranging from alien henchmen to small monkeys. Now that I think about it, if Nintendo were to add a super bizarre pick from EarthBound, it would go along nicely with the zany vibe the series has.
You’re right lol. Now that I think about it, a new age retro hippie would be perfect for that role!

Yeah, music is definitely an issue when it comes to releasing M3 here in the West. I believe this is the song KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465 was referring to that sounds so similar to the Adam West Batman Theme:
Still it’s only like the first five seconds of the track (doesn’t distinguish that much from that Spongebob track), the rest of it is very different!
But if that’s really the issue, than isn’t NOA able to edit them??

To anyone wanting more information about Conker's Other Bad Day, Chris Seavor dumped a ton of info to his Twitter. The game was going to be released on the Gamecube, Live & Reloaded Conker was from Other Bad Day, check it out:
Holy Moly! Thanks, I really wasn’t expecting that!
So, turns out Conker is a teen??!! And he was going to be a lot more mature and both his appearance and voice were going to be different, uh (gotta say, really don’t like that idea).
But anyways, it’s cool that some BFD parts were going to return, like the catapult and the context sensitive abilities and also some fan favorite characters! It’s also funny how some of the ideas that we had for the sequel turned out to be already planned.
The only questions now are: was the money also going to be the main priority to progress in the game? And who the hell is Bunni the Rabbit (and by clear, it means she slit her throat, right)??
Guess Pocket Tales was the only happy ending that Conker ever got.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

Conker’s a teenager?! The hell?

So that’s actually pretty worse in his situation, he basically suffered from underage drinking and got caught in a war.

I guess it kinda makes sense considering how young he looked and sound everything.
Yeah, I was shocked too. That makes sense that Nintendo would push Rare to promote Conker as 21, but it just makes the story a lot darker when Chris say he's only a teenager.

Well I got a lot things for you of what Heihachi possesses and also why smash, well Heihachi Mishima as known as The King of Iron Fist was going be in smash 4 but was cut and replace by :ultpacman: because he couldn't think of a moveset or gameplay like Tekken or maybe didn't wanna copy Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Heihachi but now the game Tekken and also Heihachi change from Playstation All Star to something new and he's old and he has different move compare to other Tekken games and spin-off so for Sakurai putting Heihachi in would make him more harder to implement so if Sakurai want to put him in he will need Namco's help because even Namco is helping develop Smash Bros probably Namco would help Sakurai to put Heihachi in so if Sakurai can think a moveset for Heihachi just like he did to Ryu and Ken and basically Heihachi could be a fighter for DLC I wouldn't if they brought back his mii costume so if want to know more here's a video.

What Heihachi possesses is Lighting power and very strong attacks to his opponent when it comes to fighting so lets say that he's a mix of :ultryu: and :ultpikachu: but different from those two and why he would be unique rather then a clone or base so think like this for example.

Maybe something that his final smash would be Rage Art or his Side Throw would go with Stonehead or his Side Smash would be Demon Breath like their is a lot them even I could make up a moveset for Heihachi that didn't came from Tekken and you don't need some one's moves to like from their game look i'm just saying if Heihachi was in smash bros anything is coming don't know who is coming for the Fighters Pass. So what is your Heihachi moveset for smash, you guys don't need to do Heihachi moveset i'm just saying it may take a while to do.

One more thing, a commentor comment on my DLC Speculation video about Heihachi and Banjo & Kazooie and I reply REALLY NAMCO NEEDS A NOTHER REP and he reply, What leans in his favor is that this Year is Both Tekken’s 25th Anniversary and Namco Promotes the Hell out of Tekken World Tour Tournament 2019, plus the opportunity of a Tekken 7 Port On Switch.
A mixture of Ryu and Pikachu you say... That does sound pretty interesting! I definitely think it would be cool if we got more fighting game characters into Smash aside from Ryu and Ken. I personally want Scorpion from Mortal Kombat, but that may be a long shot... Then again, what is a long shot nowadays? Sakurai does whatever he wants it seems. Anyway, thanks for sharing!

You’re right lol. Now that I think about it, a new age retro hippie would be perfect for that role!
I've actually heard New Age Retro Hippie being discussed before! Like I said, I'm personally fine with any Mother character; main characters, side characters, enemies, bosses, hell, even NPCs. I can't express how much love I have for the series.

Still it’s only like the first five seconds of the track (doesn’t distinguish that much from that Spongebob track), the rest of it is very different!
But if that’s really the issue, than isn’t NOA able to edit them??
I'm not too sure how this legal thing would go down to be honest, you'd have to ask someone else. I don't understand why it's such a big issue either.

The only questions now are: was the money also going to be the main priority to progress in the game? And who the hell is Bunni the Rabbit (and by clear, it means she slit her throat, right)??
Guess Pocket Tales was the only happy ending that Conker ever got.
Bunni was going to be a brown rabbit that would act as Conker's new girlfriend. Apparently (this is from Chris Seavor's Twitter), at the end of OBD, Bunni will have turned into a zombie and in the final cutscene of the game, Conker would be sitting on the throne as Emperor of the Universe while Bunni is tied up, trying to bite Conker's ear off or something along those lines. Not sure about the cutting her throat part...

And yeah, I asked Chris if he ever thought about the future of Conker beyond OBD, like if there'd be another sequel to make a trilogy and he said no, OBD would have likely ended everything, meaning Pocket Tales would have been his only happy ending.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Bunni was going to be a brown rabbit that would act as Conker's new girlfriend. Apparently (this is from Chris Seavor's Twitter), at the end of OBD, Bunni will have turned into a zombie and in the final cutscene of the game, Conker would be sitting on the throne as Emperor of the Universe while Bunni is tied up, trying to bite Conker's ear off or something along those lines. Not sure about the cutting her throat part...

And yeah, I asked Chris if he ever thought about the future of Conker beyond OBD, like if there'd be another sequel to make a trilogy and he said no, OBD would have likely ended everything, meaning Pocket Tales would have been his only happy ending.
Yikes!!! But was that scene going to be post-credits? Cuz in the papers, it’s written that the credits would start rolling right after Berri’s clone ”cleared her throat”.

Anyways what are your thoughts on Chris Seavor’s plans/ideas? Of course there are still a lot of things that haven’t been revealed yet, such as Honker’s role and how would you progress the game, but all in all, I personally think I wouldn’t like it as much as Bad Fur Day, tbh.
And man, There’s just something about Conker being a teenager and not an adult that doesn’t make any sense, but oh well.

By the way

Are you thinking what I’m thinking? ;)

Last edited:

CipherPool

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-8149-9853-2982
I created another artwork of my and this is my Fighters Pass DLC Speculation for smash bros and they are Joker, Banjo & Kazooie, Heihachi, Geno and Sylux and you see this is work that is hard to do and guess what you guys, if you want me to make your list of fighters for The Fighters Pass then post which character you think will be DLC for the Fighters Pass and you see that it will be something exactly like my but it's your character that you want or believe so who your characters that will make it to this peace of artwork?

Fighter Pass 2.0.png

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I created another artwork of my and this is my Fighters Pass DLC Speculation for smash bros and they are Joker, Banjo & Kazooie, Heihachi, Geno and Sylux and you see this is work that is hard to do and guess what you guys, if you want me to make your list of fighters for The Fighters Pass then post which character you think will be DLC for the Fighters Pass and you see that it will be something exactly like my but it's your character that you want or believe so who your characters that will make it to this peace of artwork?

View attachment 210026
Great job!!! Oh man, well I’d be really glad and thankful if you could make a list with the following characters who I like to believe that have a chance:

Slot 2-Banjo Kazooie (Banjo Kazooie)
Slot 3-Conker the Squirrel (Conker)
Slot 4-Tetra (The Legend of Zelda: the Wind Waker)
Slot 5-Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fight)

CipherPool

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-8149-9853-2982
Great job!!! Oh man, well I’d be really glad and thankful if you could make a list with the following characters who I like to believe that have a chance:

Slot 2-Banjo Kazooie (Banjo Kazooie)
Slot 3-Conker the Squirrel (Conker)
Slot 4-Tetra (The Legend of Zelda: the Wind Waker)
Slot 5-Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fight)
And Done here you go dude this is your list of your Super Smash Bros Ultimate's Fighters Pass prediction for you. ;)

Mr. Setveson pass.png

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

Anyways what are your thoughts on Chris Seavor’s plans/ideas? Of course there are still a lot of things that haven’t been revealed yet, such as Honker’s role and how would you progress the game, but all in all, I personally think I wouldn’t like it as much as Bad Fur Day, tbh.
And man, There’s just something about Conker being a teenager and not an adult that doesn’t make any sense, but oh well.
I don't know if I would've liked OBD better than BFD. A lot of the concepts for OBD do seem very interesting. I really would've liked to see that prison level. Also, some of the new features OBD brought to the table were pretty sweet like the moveable Context Sensitive pads. Being able to move these pads throughout a level would definitely spice up the gameplay. Like imagine you're at the throwing knives pad, you could move that around so you could throw knives wherever you'd want in the level. Not sure if what I'm saying is making any sense, but I hope it does

By the way

Are you thinking what I’m thinking? ;)
I thought those videos were so awesome!!! I'd love to see Conker in there, but I have no idea how to make pixel art...

A Conker fan on Twitter used Smash Ultimate's new Stage Builder mode to make a Conker level! This gave me the idea: What if we created our own Conker stages? Over in the Geno thread, I noticed people were throwing around ideas of turning different areas of SMRPG into stages, and I think it would be cool if people did the same for Conker's Bad Fur Day.

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
And Done here you go dude this is your list of your Super Smash Bros Ultimate's Fighters Pass prediction for you. ;)

View attachment 210371
Ah, thank you so much dude :):b:!!! You really are a Master at editting stuff!!!

I don't know if I would've liked OBD better than BFD. A lot of the concepts for OBD do seem very interesting. I really would've liked to see that prison level. Also, some of the new features OBD brought to the table were pretty sweet like the moveable Context Sensitive pads. Being able to move these pads throughout a level would definitely spice up the gameplay. Like imagine you're at the throwing knives pad, you could move that around so you could throw knives wherever you'd want in the level. Not sure if what I'm saying is making any sense, but I hope it does
Yeah now that you mentioned, Some gameplay aspects such as moving the CS pads, really looked innovative and interesting! The only things that don't really get my jingle, are the story and Conker's different appearance and personality, but nevertheless, I would have loved to be able to try it out.

I thought those videos were so awesome!!! I'd love to see Conker in there, but I have no idea how to make pixel art...
Don't worry, I'm working on it ;)!
I just don't have that much of an idea for a storyboard!

Do any of you guys have any ideas that you'd like to share on how Conker could defeat Bowser for that HatlovingGamer video??

A Conker fan on Twitter used Smash Ultimate's new Stage Builder mode to make a Conker level! This gave me the idea: What if we created our own Conker stages? Over in the Geno thread, I noticed people were throwing around ideas of turning different areas of SMRPG into stages, and I think it would be cool if people did the same for Conker's Bad Fur Day..
Great idea!! But I must first have a better look at that mode, because so far, I don't have any experience on that.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

Yeah now that you mentioned, Some gameplay aspects such as moving the CS pads, really looked innovative and interesting! The only things that don't really get my jingle, are the story and Conker's different appearance and personality, but nevertheless, I would have loved to be able to try it out.
Me personally, I wouldn't have minded about Conker's different appearance and personality. I got used to his Live & Reloaded appearance (even though I prefer the BFD design by a landslide). Personality wise though, I would want Conker to be a bit more mature (in the sense that he acts more like an adult) because I feel like he would've had a lot to learn/think about/reflect upon after the events of BFD. I'd still want him to be silly and continuing to indulge in some adult activities, but if he really was a teen in BFD, I think it would be great storytelling to have Conker mature a bit in OBD because not only would that demonstrate that BFD's story had weight to it, but it would also make Conker's story as a whole more intriguing to follow in my opinion.

Don't worry, I'm working on it ;)!
I just don't have that much of an idea for a storyboard!

Do any of you guys have any ideas that you'd like to share on how Conker could defeat Bowser for that HatlovingGamer video??
Definitely something with Context Sensitivity. Maybe Conker walks onto the bridge where there's a pad, the light bulb appears above his head, and all of a sudden he's got an assortment of knives ready to throw at Bowser. Or maybe that's too inappropriate... Does HatlovingGamer want it to be E-rated? Either way, I think something with Context Sensitivity is the way to go because that's Conker's main ability.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Low key one of my most wanted characters. I feel like he'd be incredibly easy to make a moveset for too.

Pls Phil and Sakurai

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Me personally, I wouldn't have minded about Conker's different appearance and personality. I got used to his Live & Reloaded appearance (even though I prefer the BFD design by a landslide). Personality wise though, I would want Conker to be a bit more mature (in the sense that he acts more like an adult) because I feel like he would've had a lot to learn/think about/reflect upon after the events of BFD. I'd still want him to be silly and continuing to indulge in some adult activities, but if he really was a teen in BFD, I think it would be great storytelling to have Conker mature a bit in OBD because not only would that demonstrate that BFD's story had weight to it, but it would also make Conker's story as a whole more intriguing to follow in my opinion.
Yeah, you're right! It would be kind of odd, if Conker just normally behaved the same way he does throughout Bad Fur Day, after the tragic and depressing event that he has been involved in. I just wonder what his new voice would sound like, and how often would he swear (one of the charming things I like about Conker is that he rarely swore, and when he did, it was a soft insult). I guess the Live & Reloaded design wasn’t that bad, but unfortunately I never really managed to get used to his redesigns (I'm not very satisfied with his appearance on those papers but oh well). Still I would really like to see how that prison fortress would have looked, and what other levels would Conker be exploring, and what enemies/Bosses would he be facing, and what would they look like. It was mentioned in the papers you showed that there were going to be some Weasel guard enemies (I wonder if they would look like the only two weasel guards from BFD) and some kind of Psychotic Boss. I really wish I could know what he would've looked like, and how would Conker face him.
I'm literally dying of curiosity. Ah man, I'm sure it would have been a really fun and amazing game (even if it didn't happen to be as good as BFD).

Definitely something with Context Sensitivity. Maybe Conker walks onto the bridge where there's a pad, the light bulb appears above his head, and all of a sudden he's got an assortment of knives ready to throw at Bowser. Or maybe that's too inappropriate... Does HatlovingGamer want it to be E-rated? Either way, I think something with Context Sensitivity is the way to go because that's Conker's main ability.
You're idea is good! I was also thinking that his Context Sensitive ability would be the best for his role, but since he has so many abilities, it's really hard to choose from, but yeah the knives might really be the best option. As for the content, I'm sure that can work without being graphic, besides, one of their shorts involved Sub-Zero ripping Bowser's head off, so if they're fine with that, than I really don't see any issue!
My other idea was to make a reference to the Gargoyle scene in BDF, where Conker would walk into Bowser, hit him with his fry pan and Bowser would laugh so hard that he'd end up accidently falling off the bridge into the lava, and then in the next room, instead of there being a princess saying "Thank you Conker", there would be cash saying "So you want some green stuff eh", but yeah you're right, the CS trick trully is Conker's most memorable ability, so I guess it that would be the most fitting way for him to defeat Bowser and get the money.

By the way, here are Conker's sprites for his short, I tried my best to make him as close to the original NES Mario sprite while still staying true to his appearance. Gotta say, it was way more challenging than what I was expecting it to be. So what do you guys think?

art (18).png

"More"? This game is made in Japan with predominantly Japanese IPs. If you don't like it, Smash might not be the game for you.
Ah, I knew that sooner or later someone would get offended by this...

So what if the game is japanese, alot of its characters such as Mario, DK, Duck Hunt Duo, Pacman, Ness, Inlkings, etc... don't even look japanese.
And even when they do (at least some of them, such as Kirby and the Pokemon characters) they still possess some creative and charming aspects that easily distinguish them from the others.

I personally don't like it when they add uncreative and unfitting anime characters. That's just my taste.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Ah, I knew that sooner or later someone would get offended by this...

So what if the game is japanese, alot of its characters such as Mario, DK, Duck Hunt Duo, Pacman, Ness, Inlkings, etc... don't even look japanese.
And even when they do (at least some of them, such as Kirby and the Pokemon characters) they still possess some creative and charming aspects that easily distinguish them from the others.

I personally don't like it when they add uncreative and unfitting anime characters. That's just my taste.
He's a masked phantom thief who summons demons to fight against a corrupt society. I don't see how that is uncreative. And I would argue anyone could fit into Smash with how varied everything is already. Also, "don't even look Japanese?" So what, your saying a character is fine unless they look too much like something from Japan, even when well over 95% of the roster is from Japan?

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
He's a masked phantom thief who summons demons to fight against a corrupt society. I don't see how that is uncreative. And I would argue anyone could fit into Smash with how varied everything is already. Also, "don't even look Japanese?" So what, your saying a character is fine unless they look too much like something from Japan, even when well over 95% of the roster is from Japan?
You know what,

Top Bottom