• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"A Bad Smash Day..."- Conker for Ultimate!

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
The only thing left now is for Conker to get more relevant and yeah, Rare Replay coming to the Switch is the perfect opportunity for that (I just hope it isn't too late). Who knows, maybe there'll be a second fighter pass...
I don't even think relevancy is that much of an issue in Conker's situation. Let's compare his series to the other two biggest Rare IPs since the Microsoft buyout:

Conker
  • Conker: Live & Reloaded (2005)
  • Conker's Big Reunion (2015)
  • Young Conker (2016)
Banjo-Kazooie
  • Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (2008)
Battletoads
  • Battletoads (2019)
And by the way, this isn't to crap on any other franchise. I'm just simply showing how since the buyout, Conker has remained the most relevant Rare IP, a fact that I feel is often overlooked in the eyes of other Rare fans. While Battletoads may be getting a revival this year, that series hasn't been touched since 1994. Banjo (the most popular Rare IP) has been out cold since '08. I feel like this just goes to show that Microsoft and Rare both think Conker is profitable, which is definitely in the squirrel's favor. Plus, one can't argue that Conker is only being used to appeal to Microsoft's more edgy audience because Big Reunion and Young Conker were rated T and E respectively...

Is Deadpool really coming to the MCU? Oh man, than this can become a movie afterall:
Haha, that certainly would make for a hilarious yet horrifying movie. But yeah, with Disney's acquisition of FOX's major programming (including The Simpsons!) they now have access to characters such as The Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer, Galactus, X-Men, and Deadpool. Kevin Feige (president of Marvel Studios) has already gone on record to say it's only a matter of time before these characters are implemented into the MCU, so it'll be great!

"It'll be a while. It's all just beginning and the five-year plan that we've been working on, we were working on before any of that was set. So really it's much more, for us, less about the specifics of when and where [X-Men will appear] right now and more just the comfort factor and how nice it is that they're home. That they're all back. But it will be a very long time." - Kevin Feige https://www.indiewire.com/2019/04/kevin-feige-long-time-x-men-marvel-cinematic-universe-1202057131/

EDIT: Can someone think what Conker's Mii Costume would be for his series?
Conker's Mii Costumes... hmmm...

I'd definitely say Rodent and Berri (if Zero Suit can get those two alts and Bayo is in the game there's no issue here). Also Panther King, Don Weaso, and perhaps Professor Von Kriplespac.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I see something to my head of wanting Banjo & Kazooie and Heihachi for smash sense they both make sense, I found this Mii Costume concept for those two series if Banjo & Kazooie and Heihachi were to get well if we could see it coming at first.

View attachment 213230

View attachment 213231

EDIT: Can someone think what Conker's Mii Costume would be for his series?
Well if Conker isn't lucky enough to get in as a playable fighter than I believe his mii costume would be like Isabelle and K.rool's costumes

In other words, it would be something exactly like this:

If he hopefully gets in the roster, than maybe the Conker characters that are relevant enough to get the Mii treatment would be Berri, Rodent and/or Birdy.

I don't even think relevancy is that much of an issue in Conker's situation. Let's compare his series to the other two biggest Rare IPs since the Microsoft buyout:

Conker
  • Conker: Live & Reloaded (2005)
  • Conker's Big Reunion (2015)
  • Young Conker (2016)
Banjo-Kazooie
  • Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (2008)
Battletoads
  • Battletoads (2019)
And by the way, this isn't to crap on any other franchise. I'm just simply showing how since the buyout, Conker has remained the most relevant Rare IP, a fact that I feel is often overlooked in the eyes of other Rare fans. While Battletoads may be getting a revival this year, that series hasn't been touched since 1994. Banjo (the most popular Rare IP) has been out cold since '08. I feel like this just goes to show that Microsoft and Rare both think Conker is profitable, which is definitely in the squirrel's favor. Plus, one can't argue that Conker is only being used to appeal to Microsoft's more edgy audience because Big Reunion and Young Conker were rated T and E respectively...
That certainly is refreshing information, and I'm sure it will help him getting a little of Nintendo's recognition.
And it might be a really good thing that Nintendo will be the ones choosing the options for the DLC characters this time, so maybe, they'll find Conker more suitable for Smash.

Haha, that certainly would make for a hilarious yet horrifying movie. But yeah, with Disney's acquisition of FOX's major programming (including The Simpsons!) they now have access to characters such as The Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer, Galactus, X-Men, and Deadpool. Kevin Feige (president of Marvel Studios) has already gone on record to say it's only a matter of time before these characters are implemented into the MCU, so it'll be great!

"It'll be a while. It's all just beginning and the five-year plan that we've been working on, we were working on before any of that was set. So really it's much more, for us, less about the specifics of when and where [X-Men will appear] right now and more just the comfort factor and how nice it is that they're home. That they're all back. But it will be a very long time." - Kevin Feige https://www.indiewire.com/2019/04/kevin-feige-long-time-x-men-marvel-cinematic-universe-1202057131/
yeah, I guess that really is good news, cuz now the Marvel Cinematic Universe is supposedly complete.

So now it's about time Nintendo accquires the rights to Banjo and Conker, to make the Nintendo Gaming Universe complete too.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

So now it's about time Nintendo accquires the rights to Banjo and Conker, to make the Nintendo Gaming Universe complete too.
A Nintendo Gaming Universe is an amazing idea and I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't looked into it. With the obvious exception of Smash, there hasn't really been a time where a bunch of Nintendo worlds collided in some type of game. There have only been cameos of characters in franchises they don't belong in, but never something major like Smash. Imagine an epic storyline where Nintendo characters have to band together in order to take down someone threatening the entire Nintendo Universe? I'd kill for a game like that, and I'd love to see more instances of Nintendo characters interacting with each other outside of Subspace Emissary from Brawl. Plus, if Nintendo were somehow able to incorporate Banjo and Conker, it'd make the game even cooler!

But now that I think about it, I'm not sure if Nintendo would be able to pull something off like this. I mean most of their games' storylines boil down to "bad guy did something bad and now good guy needs to reverse that and restore order". As much as I would love a game where Nintendo characters could interact, where they'd actually have personalities and character arcs outside of being one dimensional, I don't think it's a possibility, unfortunately... Maybe I'm wrong and you can convince me otherwise, but as of right now, I just can't see a canon Nintendo Gaming Universe happening.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
A Nintendo Gaming Universe is an amazing idea and I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't looked into it. With the obvious exception of Smash, there hasn't really been a time where a bunch of Nintendo worlds collided in some type of game. There have only been cameos of characters in franchises they don't belong in, but never something major like Smash. Imagine an epic storyline where Nintendo characters have to band together in order to take down someone threatening the entire Nintendo Universe? I'd kill for a game like that, and I'd love to see more instances of Nintendo characters interacting with each other outside of Subspace Emissary from Brawl. Plus, if Nintendo were somehow able to incorporate Banjo and Conker, it'd make the game even cooler!

But now that I think about it, I'm not sure if Nintendo would be able to pull something off like this. I mean most of their games' storylines boil down to "bad guy did something bad and now good guy needs to reverse that and restore order". As much as I would love a game where Nintendo characters could interact, where they'd actually have personalities and character arcs outside of being one dimensional, I don't think it's a possibility, unfortunately... Maybe I'm wrong and you can convince me otherwise, but as of right now, I just can't see a canon Nintendo Gaming Universe happening.
I can definitely see that work, I mean look at Marvel for example, what happens in each of the hero's seperate movies is no different from what happens in the Avengers too. It's "bad guy did something bad and now good guy needs to reverse that and restore order", just like you described. And just like in Avengers, I don't think the antagonist should be a sympathetic antagonist like Bowser, King Dedede or King K. Rool, I think it should be a really menacing bad guy like maybe Giygas, Ridley, or Andross for example. One that would create so much trouble that it would take the whole Nintendo gang to clean this mess up.
And despite the fact that alot of Nintendo characters are not very talkative, their personality could still be explored by their behavior and their actions, which would involve bravery, powers/abilities and even sacrifice (of course, this is Nintendo so no characters would be killed off, but they could be captured and trapped, just like in Brawl).
I believe this game should definitely only include Nintendo characters (1st or 2nd party) or at the very maximum characters that have a lot of ties with Nintendo and can be seen almost as Nintendo characters (such as Sonic, Pacman, Bomberman, Megaman, and Simon Belmont).
The only question now is how the hell would its gameplay style be?

Also, here's something cool that I've been thinking, Melee is the game that essentially made Smash Brothers what it is, and alot of fans still consider it as the best game (even after Ultimate came out). It's definitely a cult classic and a very nostalgic game.
Now here's my question, if you were Sakurai at the time Melee was being made and if you could choose 15 more Nintendo characters to the Roster (in or still not present in Smash, currently), who would you choose?

Only choose Nintendo characters (1st or 2nd party) for this list, please (Conker and Banjo were still owned by Nintendo at the time, so they count)!!

Here's mine:

1-Conker
2-Banjo-Kazooie
3-Diddy Kong
4-King K.rool
5-Stanley the Bugman
6-Balloon Fighter
7-Duck Hunt Duo
8-Little Mac
9-Lucas
10-Isabelle
11-Toon Link
12-Tetra
13-Wario
14-Olimar
15-Mr. Stevenson

btw, my list is not in order from most wanted to least wanted.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

I can definitely see that work, I mean look at Marvel for example, what happens in each of the hero's seperate movies is no different from what happens in the Avengers too. It's "bad guy did something bad and now good guy needs to reverse that and restore order", just like you described. And just like in Avengers, I don't think the antagonist should be a sympathetic antagonist like Bowser, King Dedede or King K. Rool, I think it should be a really menacing bad guy like maybe Giygas, Ridley, or Andross for example. One that would create so much trouble that it would take the whole Nintendo gang to clean this mess up.
And despite the fact that alot of Nintendo characters not being very talkative, their personality could still be explored by their behavior and their actions, which would involve bravery, powers/abilities and even sacrifice (of course, this is Nintendo so no characters would be killed off, but they could be captured and trapped, just like in Brawl).
I believe this game should definitely only include Nintendo characters (1st or 2nd party) or at the very maximum characters that have a lot of ties with Nintendo and can be seen almost as Nintendo characters (such as Sonic, Pacman, Bomberman, Megaman, and Simon Belmont).
The only question now is how the hell would its gameplay style be?
You're absolutely right, and have changed my opinion on the matter. Marvel made the formula work, so I'm sure Nintendo could also replicate it with their characters. Also, it'd be cool to see characters interact, who didn't have the chance to interact during Subspace. I know it wouldn't be possible, but I would've preferred a game with some dialogue if voice acting isn't possible because while behavior and actions do say something about a character, I feel as though much more could be explored through dialogue. There's a difference between Mario shaking his head in disappoint, and Mario expressing exactly what's on his mind and how he's feeling in the moment. I feel as though this would make for stronger storytelling. Of course, characters who can't speak (like Yoshi) would remain mute, but I want to see what else they could do with the human characters because reducing their speech to a couple of sounds is still keeping them one dimensional in my opinion. And just to be clear, I once again don't mean voice acting. Just something simple like text boxes.

Also, here's something cool that I've been thinking, Melee is the game that essentially made Smash Brothers what it is, and alot of fans still consider it as the best game (even after Ultimate came out). It's definitely a cult classic and a very nostalgic game.
Know here's my question, if you were Sakurai at the time Melee was being made and if you could choose 15 more Nintendo characters to the Roster (in or still not present in Smash, currently), who would you choose?

Only choose Nintendo characters for this list, please (Conker and Banjo were still owned by Nintendo at the time, so they count)!!

Here's mine:

1-Conker
2-Banjo-Kazooie
3-Diddy Kong
4-King K.rool
5-Stanley the Bugman
6-Balloon Fighter
7-Duck Hunt Duo
8-Little Mac
9-Lucas
10-Isabelle
11-Toon Link
12-Tetra
13-Wario
14-Olimar
15-Mr. Stevenson

btw, my list is not in order from most wanted to least wanted.
Very interesting question! I would add (in no specific order):

1-Conker
2-Banjo-Kazooie
3-Sonic
4-Tails
5-Duck Hunt
6-Spyro
7-Frogger
8-Ninten
9-Lucas
10-Geno
11-Wario
12-Waluigi
13-King K. Rool
14-Diddy Kong
15-Little Mac

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
You're absolutely right, and have changed my opinion on the matter. Marvel made the formula work, so I'm sure Nintendo could also replicate it with their characters. Also, it'd be cool to see characters interact, who didn't have the chance to interact during Subspace. I know it wouldn't be possible, but I would've preferred a game with some dialogue if voice acting isn't possible because while behavior and actions do say something about a character, I feel as though much more could be explored through dialogue. There's a difference between Mario shaking his head in disappoint, and Mario expressing exactly what's on his mind and how he's feeling in the moment. I feel as though this would make for stronger storytelling. Of course, characters who can't speak (like Yoshi) would remain mute, but I want to see what else they could do with the human characters because reducing their speech to a couple of sounds is still keeping them one dimensional in my opinion. And just to be clear, I once again don't mean voice acting. Just something simple like text boxes.

Very interesting question! I would add (in no specific order):

1-Conker
2-Banjo-Kazooie
3-Sonic
4-Tails
5-Duck Hunt
6-Spyro
7-Frogger
8-Ninten
9-Lucas
10-Geno
11-Wario
12-Waluigi
13-King K. Rool
14-Diddy Kong
15-Little Mac
The thing is, it would be so weird and out of character to see characters such as Link, Ness or Mario talking.
People (such as me) are way too accustomed to seeing them only making noises, or saying only one phrase with very little words like "Let's-a-go" or "come on".
Maybe, they could rarely say something trully meaningfull, but only when it's really really convenient, either to express their emotions or in a situation where dialogue is necessary. I think that would surprise (maybe in a satisfying way) alot of fans.
But I really think that for the most part, the dialogue (wether in the form of text box or voice-acting) should stay with more talkative characters like Isabelle, Zelda, Fox, Falco, Pit, Palutena, Conker, etc.

Now I'm really wondering if Mario and Luigi are going to talk or not in the upcoming animated Super Mario movie...

your list is quite interesting... Hey wait just a minute... Something's not right here...

but good list, neverhtheless.

TheBeastHimself

The thing is, it would be so weird and out of character to see characters such as Link, Ness or Mario talking.
People (such as me) are way too accustomed to seeing them only making noises, or saying only one phrase with very little words like "Let's-a-go" or "come on".
Maybe, they could rarely say something trully meaningfull, but only when it's really really convenient, either to express their emotions or in a situation where dialogue is necessary. I think that would surprise (maybe in a satisfying way) alot of fans.
But I really think that for the most part, the dialogue (wether in the form of text box or voice-acting) should stay with more talkative characters like Isabelle, Zelda, Fox, Falco, Pit, Palutena, Conker, etc.

Now I'm really wondering if Mario and Luigi are going to talk or not in the upcoming animated Super Mario movie...

your list is quite interesting... Hey wait just a minute... Something's not right here...

but good list, neverhtheless.
You're right. It actually wouldnt be that bad if some characters spoke while others didn't.

Also, forgot about your rule, sorry...

I'll be back posting more frequently soon...

CipherPool

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-8149-9853-2982
DramaAlert Keemstar interviews Etika after being ARRESTED by Police this is so much drama WHY, WHY WOULD HE DO THIS!!!

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
You're right. It actually wouldnt be that bad if some characters spoke while others didn't.

Also, forgot about your rule, sorry...

I'll be back posting more frequently soon...
*Phew* that's good to hear.
The thread has been quiet these last days.

And hey, have any ideas for what kind of classic mode would Conker have?
Here's mine:

Conker's route
Tagline: Looks can be deceiving!

Round 1: Conker vs :ultdiddy:Stage: Figure 8-circuit
represent Diddy Kong Racing

Round 2: Conker vs :ultdk: (giant) Stage: Norfair
represent the battle with the great mighty Poo (It's literally the closest I could think of)

Round 3: Conker vs :ultkingdedede:(giant) :ultmetaknight::ultmetaknight: Ally: :ultyoshi:
represent the battle with Buga the Knut

Round 4: Conker vs:ultwolf:(2):ultwolf:(2):ultfox:(2):ultfox:(2) Stage: Shadow Moses Island
represent the Tediz war

Round 5: Conker vs :ultridley:(giant) Stage: Brinstar Depths
represent the battle with the Xenomorph

Boss Battle: Master Hand and crazy Hand

By the way, the Detective Pikachu movie is coming soon, what do you guys think of it so far?
I'm not gonna lie, I'm way more excited to see that one than Endgame!

CipherPool

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-8149-9853-2982
*Phew* that's good to hear.
The thread has been quiet these last days.

And hey, have any ideas for what kind of classic mode would Conker have?
Here's mine:

Conker's route
Tagline: Looks can be deceiving!

Round 1: Conker vs :ultdiddy:Stage: Figure 8-circuit

Round 2: Conker vs :ultdk: (giant) Stage: Norfair
represent the battle with the great mighty Poo (It's literally the closest I could think of)

Round 3: Conker vs :ultkingdedede:(giant) :ultmetaknight::ultmetaknight: Ally: :ultyoshi:

Round 4: Conker vs:ultwolf:(2):ultwolf:(2):ultfox:(2):ultfox:(2) Stage: Shadow Moses Island
represent the Tediz war

Round 5: Conker vs :ultridley:(giant) Stage: Brinstar Depths
represent the battle with the Xenomorph

Boss Battle: Master Hand and crazy Hand

By the way, the Detective Pikachu movie is coming soon, what do you guys think of it so far?
I'm not gonna lie, I'm way more excited to see that one than Endgame!
Here's My idea for Conker's classic mode.

Round 1: Conker vs :ultdiddy: Stage: Figure 8-circuit

Round 2: Conker vs :ultrob: (giant) Stage: Arena Ferox
represent the battle with Haybot

Round 3: Conker vs :ultkingdedede:(giant) :ultmetaknight::ultmetaknight: Ally: :ultyoshi: Stage: Coliseum

Round 4: Conker vs :ultfox:(2):ultwolf:(2) :ultdk: (giant) :ultvillagerf: Stage: Shadow Moses Island
represent the Tediz war and the battle with Poppet/Little Girl

Round 5: Conker vs :ultridley:(giant) Stage: Frigate Orpheon
represent the battle with the Heinrich

Boss Battle: Galleom

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Here's My idea for Conker's classic mode.

Round 1: Conker vs :ultdiddy: Stage: Figure 8-circuit

Round 2: Conker vs :ultrob: (giant) Stage: Arena Ferox
represent the battle with Haybot

Round 3: Conker vs :ultkingdedede:(giant) :ultmetaknight::ultmetaknight: Ally: :ultyoshi: Stage: Coliseum

Round 4: Conker vs :ultfox:(2):ultwolf:(2) :ultdk: (giant) :ultvillagerf: Stage: Shadow Moses Island
represent the Tediz war and the battle with Puppet/Little Girl

Round 5: Conker vs :ultridley:(giant) Stage: Frigate Orpheon
represent the battle with the Heinrich

Boss Battle: Galleom
Your idea is pretty good too. Gotta say, I think that your concept for round 2 is better than mine. If only Muk or Grimer were in the roster, they would perfectly ressemble the Great Mighty Poo.

And yeah, your idea of including the Tedi Experiment is really creative too, but I just think it should take place in a separate round.

About the live action movies based on animated stuff,
I just saw the trailer of Sonic, and good god!! Just what the hell was that??
I mean why is it so hard to make Sonic look like...well, Sonic?

I really don't understand why they don't just make the Sonic that people know and love interact with real life actors.
I mean, if the concept of seeing a cartoon character interacting with realistic human characters worked in Super Mario Odyssey, than why not Sonic (plus it's worth mentioning that the series has had that kind of concept since Sonic Adventure).

oh well at least Tails and Knuckles aren't in there.

It's a really good thing that Detective Pikachu is coming soon, I personally believe that one goes to show that live action based on animation can work when done right.

Now I have a question for you guys, which of this videogame series would you rather see a live action version of? :grin::grin::grin:

-The Legend of Zelda
-Earthbound
-Donkey Kong
-Conker
-Bomberman
-Pacman
-Animal Crossing
-Star Fox
-Kirby

Be sure to mention the reason of your choice and to mention what movie company would you prefer to see in charge of it.

I personally think Star Fox and Bomberman have potential to have a kickass live action, that is if the designs of its characters don't get drastically changed. Star Fox would probably make more sense given that their main characters already interacted with realistic looking humans in Starlink DLC.

I believe that Bomberman would certainly be more challenging to create a live action adaptation, but nevertheless I still think that it could work. And I'm certain that it would be really hilarious to see such a weirdly cute cartoon character like Bomberman, interacting with real life actors.
And I believe Warner Brothers is the excellent company to handle these two!

EDIT: Come on guys, we can't give up now!

Last edited:

CipherPool

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-8149-9853-2982
Now I have a question for you guys, which of this videogame series would you rather see a live action version of? :grin::grin::grin:
This is my videogame series that I would rather see in live action version of?

-The Legend of Zelda
-Super Mario
-Donkey Kong
-Metroid
-Earthbound
-Punch Out
-Kid Icarus
-Star Fox
-Kirby

I personally think Kid Icarus and Metroid have potential to have a awesome live action stuff, if the designs of its characters get something more to it's role and also if the creatures have to be design then I would prefer Legendary to do the work of Kid Icarus and Metroid creatures even I would be out to see Ridley being worked on by Legendary. Kid Icarus would make sense given that their main characters already interacted with realistic looking humans in Uprising even the character like Pit, Dark Pit, Palutena, Viridi and Medusa if they must have something in common.

Punch Out would certainly be more challenging to have a story of boxing even Punch Out has to have a story of boxing to actually create a live action thing of what you see on TV or right now, but nevertheless it make a lot sense for simply thing to human like Little Mac and Doc Louis. And I'm certain that it would be really hilarious to see such a weirdly stuff by Doc Louis, it would be very interacting with real life actors for Punch Out.

EDIT: Also today is my birthday guys!!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I thought I should share this here

-The Legend of Zelda
-Super Mario
-Donkey Kong
-Metroid
-Earthbound
-Punch Out
-Kid Icarus
-Star Fox
-Kirby

I personally think Kid Icarus and Metroid have potential to have a awesome live action stuff, if the designs of its characters get something more to it's role and also if the creatures have to be design then I would prefer Legendary to do the work of Kid Icarus and Metroid creatures even I would be out to see Ridley being worked on by Legendary. Kid Icarus would make sense given that their main characters already interacted with realistic looking humans in Uprising even the character like Pit, Dark Pit, Palutena, Viridi and Medusa if they must have something in common.

Punch Out would certainly be more challenging to have a story of boxing even Punch Out has to have a story of boxing to actually create a live action thing of what you see on TV or right now, but nevertheless it make a lot sense for simply thing to human like Little Mac and Doc Louis. And I'm certain that it would be really hilarious to see such a weirdly stuff by Doc Louis, it would be very interacting with real life actors for Punch Out.

Happy birthday! :)

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace

-The Legend of Zelda
-Super Mario
-Donkey Kong
-Metroid
-Earthbound
-Punch Out
-Kid Icarus
-Star Fox
-Kirby

I dig your list.
However I think that a live action movie adaptation of Metroid and Punch Out would end up being too similar to some classics that defined cinema culture (that being Alien and Rocky, respectively), but I could be wrong.

If I'm not mistaken, I remember hearing that there is some sort of live action fan-made movie of Metroid.

But yeah, Kidicarus slipped my mind, and I agree that it definitely has potential. I don't remember seeing any angels and gods themed movie with that style.

For my list, I decided to exclude videogame series that already had live action movie adaptations such as Super Mario and that portray realistic looking humans as characters such as Metroid or Metal Gear Solid.

:chuckle::chuckle:

Happy Birthday pal. ;):bluejump:

I thought I should share this here

Happy birthday! :)
Neat, thanks for showing that. Good to see that Rare still remembers and cares about their old IPs.

But.........no Conker coin?? :(:(
oh well, those pins do look cool, I guess.

By the way, found you: :laugh::laugh::joyful:
59F4285E-61E4-4E80-9D31-3D14BCC145C6.jpeg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I dig your list.
However I think that a live action movie adaptation of Metroid and Punch Out would end up being too similar to some classics that defined cinema culture (that being Alien and Rocky, respectively), but I could be wrong.

If I'm not mistaken, I remember hearing that there is some sort of live action fan-made movie of Metroid.

But yeah, Kidicarus slipped my mind, and I agree that it definitely has potential. I don't remember seeing any angels and gods themed movie with that style.

For my list, I decided to exclude videogame series that already had live action movie adaptations such as Super Mario and that portray realistic looking humans as characters such as Metroid or Metal Gear Solid.

:chuckle::chuckle:

Happy Birthday pal. ;):bluejump:

Neat, thanks for showing that. Good to see that Rare still remembers and cares about their old IPs.

But.........no Conker coin?? :(:(
oh well, those pins do look cool, I guess.

By the way, found you: :laugh::laugh::joyful:
View attachment 216091
Ah, the YouTube comments...they bring back...interesting...memories.

But I actually haven't been to the comments since Ultimate released lol. There were just way too many trolls.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Ah, the YouTube comments...they bring back...interesting...memories.

But I actually haven't been to the comments since Ultimate released lol. There were just way too many trolls.
I hear you. All it takes is for you to mention your most wanted character and all the trolls come flying at you.

Now that I think about it, it’s a shame they didn’t include those kickass Conker condoms in that limited edition Rare collection.

1357BA57-4A98-418A-B944-55572A2F8A6D.jpeg

:pimp::grin::grin:

What a missed opportunity!!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I hear you. All it takes is for you to mention your most wanted character and all the trolls come flying at you.

Now that I think about it, it’s a shame they didn’t include those kickass Conker condoms in that limited edition Rare collection.
:pimp:

Exactly this lol. Why they feel the need to is beyond me.

And, o-oh. Are you kidding me!? Conker condoms!?? That's, like, the only time a video game character has ever gotten condoms made for them of all things...

One of his taunts should be pulling out a Conker condom and saying, "You can't resist the temptation hehe..."

Please no one ban me.

osby

Smash Obsessed

And, o-oh. Are you kidding me!? Conker condoms!?? That's, like, the only time a video game character has ever gotten condoms made for them of all things...

One of his taunts should be pulling out a Conker condom and saying, "You can't resist the temptation hehe..."

Please no one ban me.
At least he's all for safe sex.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

Please no one ban me.
Yeah, I think they gave those Conker condoms out at E3 or something haha. I think they even had a bar set up in the Conker booth at E3 as well.

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace

I know it was a "one time only thing", but dammit, some things are just too good to be one time only.

Just like in the concept I drew :grin::grin:
But then Smash would go from Comic Mischief to Mature Humor in the ESRB's rating discriptions.

Conker should've been reveal #69 dammit

I still wonder if :ultincineroar: was #69 for a reason :colorful:.

EDIT: We are past 500 posts!!

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

Also today is my birthday guys!!!
I'm so sorry I missed out on it, happy belated birthday CipherPool! I hope you had an awesome day, that everything went well! Best wishes, man! :)

I know right! Thankfully those Conker condoms are still available on sites like Ebay and Amazon. Not that I'd find any use out of them (imagine setting the mood and then pulling out a condom with the face of cartoon squirrel) but they are really cool, really interesting collector's items that may be rare one day, if they aren't already. So yeah, quite the shame they weren't included in that Rare pack.

By the way, you art never fails to put a smile on my face! Seriously, I dig the way you're able to transition Conker's 3D model into 2D, and I'm not gonna lie, I cracked up at the prospect of Conker's proposal there...

EDIT: Half of my post ain't showing up, so I'm copying and pasting my other responses to Mr. Stevenson Mr. Stevenson below:

Oof, don't even get me started on the atrocity that is CGI Sonic. I am so, so glad that the team behind the movie has decided to take the criticisms to heart and are going back to completely redesign the character. Whether or not this impacts the movies release date is yet to be seen, but I'd be fine if it got delayed. Anything to prevent that abomination from running across my cinema's screen. I definitely think Jim Carrey will steal the show as Robotnik; not only is he a phenomenal actor in my opinion, but there also seems to be some sort of evolution from normal Dr. Robotnik at the start of the film, to mad scientist, crazy Robotnik towards the end. I'm interested to see how that plays out, it has potential to be a well-rounded story arc and I'm a sucker for those. Overall, the movie has potential. The plot isn't the most interesting (Sonic's strongsuit has never been its storytelling) and I don't think it'll come close to Detective Pikachu's success, but I believe it's definitely a movie worth keeping an eye out for.

You always come up with great questions!

I think there's a lot of gaming franchises that have the potential to spawn successful movie franchises, but the two that come to mind (kinda obvious considering it's me we're talking about here) are EarthBound and Conker.

For starters, each of the EarthBound games have heart at their core, a type of emotional depth and understanding that stays with you even after you complete the games, leaving you to ponder the journey you embarked on. I want to have that same feeling when I see an EarthBound movie, to be completely encapsulated in the world, the quirky characters, the diversity of many cultures coming together, and the world's beautiful landscapes. I'm not entirely sure what genre an EarthBound movie would be, and that's the interesting part. The series is laid out in a way so that its multi-faceted world can be interpreted in a plethora of ways. Because of this, I'd be interested to see any type of adaptation a filmmaker could think of. You know, my goal in life is to actually become a screenwriter, so if I ever catch wind of an EarthBound movie being made, you can bet I'll try my hardest to be one of the script writers.

As for Conker, a movie surrounding his world would obviously be an R-rated comedy. When I think about the movie, all that comes to mind is Conker going on some sort of outrageous adventure with a silly plot and hilarious characters. I also imagine there'd be a lot of movie references thrown into the mix to spice up the film even more. I mean there's not much else to really say on the matter because a Conker movie would practically write itself. Hell, it'd be like Bad Fur Day except it's a movie and not a game. I'm not sure the likelihood of this ever happening, but man, if a Conker movie was ever in development, it could wind up being a huge hit if it's created right.

Lastly, I'm fine with whatever movie studio wants to take up these movies. Though I'm rather partial to Disney being in charge of the EarthBound movie because I feel that they are fantastic at worldbuilding and crafting a film's sense of mysticism.

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I know right! Thankfully those Conker condoms are still available on sites like Ebay and Amazon. Not that I'd find any use out of them (imagine setting the mood and then pulling out a condom with the face of cartoon squirrel) but they are really cool, really interesting collector's items that may be rare one day, if they aren't already. So yeah, quite the shame they weren't included in that Rare pack.

By the way, you art never fails to put a smile on my face! Seriously, I dig the way you're able to transition Conker's 3D model into 2D, and I'm not gonna lie, I cracked up at the prospect of Conker's proposal there...
Glad to have you back buddy, I hope everything is alright.
Exactly!!! Couldn’t have said any better myself. And yeah, now that I think about it, it would be kind of awkward if that were to happen:chuckle:
Not to mention that the cartoon squirrel represented also happens to be a DK character. :rotfl::smash:

And thank you. I’m so flattered and happy to know that. :):)

Oof, don't even get me started on the atrocity that is CGI Sonic. I am so, so glad that the team behind the movie has decided to take the criticisms to heart and are going back to completely redesign the character. Whether or not this impacts the movies release date is yet to be seen, but I'd be fine if it got delayed. Anything to prevent that abomination from running across my cinema's screen. I definitely think Jim Carrey will steal the show as Robotnik; not only is he a phenomenal actor in my opinion, but there also seems to be some sort of evolution from normal Dr. Robotnik at the start of the film, to mad scientist, crazy Robotnik towards the end. I'm interested to see how that plays out, it has potential to be a well-rounded story arc and I'm a sucker for those. Overall, the movie has potential. The plot isn't the most interesting (Sonic's strongsuit has never been its storytelling) and I don't think it'll come close to Detective Pikachu's success, but I believe it's definitely a movie worth keeping an eye out for.
I know right, just what the hell were they thinking when they come up with that... that...thing?? They clearly must have taken heavy inspiration from the Sonic memes, but oh well, at least they are willing to change those flaws. It's nice of them to care about what the fans had to say (not everyone is like that).
I too always enjoyed Jim Carrey and his wacky antics, and I'm sure he'll make a decent Dr. Robotnik or Eggman or whatever he's called.
But to be honest, I don't see that much potential in the movie, I feel like Sonic is way too cartoony to have a live action adaptation (much like Super Mario).
The only way I would personally enjoy it, is if they'd keep the Sonic character's true appearance and voices (and yes, that includes Dr. Eggman) and just make them interact with human actors like in the Mario commercials, for example.

But yeah, I doubt that would work out for the audience.

You always come up with great questions!

I think there's a lot of gaming franchises that have the potential to spawn successful movie franchises, but the two that come to mind (kinda obvious considering it's me we're talking about here) are EarthBound and Conker.

For starters, each of the EarthBound games have heart at their core, a type of emotional depth and understanding that stays with you even after you complete the games, leaving you to ponder the journey you embarked on. I want to have that same feeling when I see an EarthBound movie, to be completely encapsulated in the world, the quirky characters, the diversity of many cultures coming together, and the world's beautiful landscapes. I'm not entirely sure what genre an EarthBound movie would be, and that's the interesting part. The series is laid out in a way so that its multi-faceted world can be interpreted in a plethora of ways. Because of this, I'd be interested to see any type of adaptation a filmmaker could think of. You know, my goal in life is to actually become a screenwriter, so if I ever catch wind of an EarthBound movie being made, you can bet I'll try my hardest to be one of the script writers.

As for Conker, a movie surrounding his world would obviously be an R-rated comedy. When I think about the movie, all that comes to mind is Conker going on some sort of outrageous adventure with a silly plot and hilarious characters. I also imagine there'd be a lot of movie references thrown into the mix to spice up the film even more. I mean there's not much else to really say on the matter because a Conker movie would practically write itself. Hell, it'd be like Bad Fur Day except it's a movie and not a game. I'm not sure the likelihood of this ever happening, but man, if a Conker movie was ever in development, it could wind up being a huge hit if it's created right.

Lastly, I'm fine with whatever movie studio wants to take up these movies. Though I'm rather partial to Disney being in charge of the EarthBound movie because I feel that they are fantastic at worldbuilding and crafting a film's sense of mysticism.
Excellent choices. But yeah, I personally believe these two would be much more appealing in CGI animation and not Live action.

You're right! Earthbound would totally make a pretty wacky yet heartwarming animated movie. And yes, Disney (specifically Pixar) easilly comes to mind for that, I also think Tim Burton would be the kind of guy to work on it, given how his movies portray surrealistic characters and (sometimes) emotional stories.

One videogame title that I always thought that could very potentially have a beautiful animated movie adaptation is The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, and I believe Pixar would be the perfect company to work on it (as long as they keep its fascinating artstyle).
I got so sad when I finished The Wind Waker, I really wanted to see more of it.

And yeah, I'm all in for an R-rated animated Conker movie. :grin:
I just hope the directors wouldn't try to make it edgy just for the sake of it like Sausage Party and Happy Time Murders. I want it to be more like South Park Bigger Longer & Uncut, and with that I mean, I want it to have a charming and juvenile style, but with the inclusion of a few controversial and offensive jokes and themes that would come aboard when necessary (just like how it happens in BFD aswell).
I personally believe Warner Brothers would be the perfect company to handle it, since they are the owners of Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry.

You know, my goal in life is to actually become a screenwriter, so if I ever catch wind of an EarthBound movie being made, you can bet I'll try my hardest to be one of the script writers.
That's amazing!
And I believe that you'll be able to give a wonderful story to the movie, if you ever get the chance. As the chorus of the Polyanna song says, I believe in you:)
Out of curiosity, which of the three Mother games would you rather have that movie adaptation based on?

Last edited:

CipherPool

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-8149-9853-2982

WHAT IN THE WORLD NAME IS RAYMAN TRAPPED IN BATTLE'S CRYSTAL DID ANY OF YOU NOTICED RAYMAN TRAP IN THAT CRYSTAL AND IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME GO PLAY THE GAME AND SEE IT FOR YOURSELF BEFORE ANY OF YOU FREAK OUT!!!

I Don't see this as confirming him for the Fighters Pass sense Ubisoft put Rayman as a spirit.

But really did they trap him in a crystal make that as a Easter Egg even did you guys even noticed rayman trapped in a crystal?​

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319

WHAT IN THE WORLD NAME IS RAYMAN TRAPPED IN BATTLE'S CRYSTAL DID ANY OF YOU NOTICED RAYMAN TRAP IN THAT CRYSTAL AND IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME GO PLAY THE GAME AND SEE IT FOR YOURSELF BEFORE ANY OF YOU FREAK OUT!!!

I Don't see this as confirming him for the Fighters Pass sense Ubisoft put Rayman as a spirit.

But really did they trap him in a crystal make that as a Easter Egg even did you guys even noticed rayman trapped in a crystal?​
It’s not him, it’s only a coincidence but I can see it too.

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace

Alot of people have been talking about this lately, but all I can see is something that kind of ressembles his jaw, aand pretty much nothing else.

So I heard that a Nintendo Direct was announced for June 11, any of you think the 2nd DLC character for the fighters Pass will be revealed there and not at E3?

*Sigh* I was kind of hoping that, with the big break from Smash DLC news, they'd leave the next two slots for E3, and that Banjo and Conker would be the chosen ones, since both Microsoft and Nintendo will be the ones attending at the event (But I guess that would be way too good to be true).

CipherPool

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-8149-9853-2982
So I heard that a Nintendo Direct was announced for June 11, any of you think the 2nd DLC character for the fighters Pass will be revealed there and not at E3?
uhh think you must understood the Nintendo Direct for June 11 because the E3 event starts at June 11 which I know E3 will show us the Nintendo Direct when their done showing off upcoming games and contact.

IMG_2790.PNG

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
uhh think you must understood the Nintendo Direct for June 11 because the E3 event starts at June 11 which I know E3 will show us the Nintendo Direct when their done showing off upcoming games and contact.

View attachment 218883
Oh silly me! Than I guess it still is possible anyway. :)

Well it's in a month basically.

I am pretty confident that they will reveal 2 characters at such a big event (one of which will most likely be Banjo), I'm just a bit nervous that Steve will be the one taking the rest of the cake.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Conker as an E3 reveal would be hype.
It would be HYPE as ****, that's for sure (at least for us).

If that does happen on that day, I will definetly get tanked on that night ;);):bluejump:. Please Nintendo.

by the way can someone please tell me how you make your signature get larger?

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
By purchasing a premium account.

Otherwise, there's a (smaller) limit of how big your signature can be.
Oh ok, thanks.

EDIT: I hope our buddy Beast is doing alright. Haven't seen him in a while now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think I should share this with y'all

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I think I should share this with y'all

Thanks for sharing that, if that's really the case than Conker might start to get enough relevancy, but I doubt it will help his chances of joining Smash Ultimate, as it's probably too late for that.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
THAT DOES IT!!! THIS THREAD HAS BEEN DEAD FOR FAR TOO LONG!!!
Time to take some action.

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Cool! Thanks for showing that.

Man, so much has been revealed since the last tweets that I don't even know what to say.

Well, apparantly the game was gonna be deeper, divided into four chapters, and by the looks of it, way more expansive than Bad Fur Day. hmm.

But what interested me the most is that you would have been able to play as Conker's evil doppleganger, who apparently was going to be (if I understood it correctly) The Fairy Panther King's soul possessing Conker's body, and not Honker the Skunk.
Man I wish I could see how such a wacky concept like that would have turned out to be.

Now I really wish the game got to be made.

I just still didn't get what the hell was going to happen at the end of the story.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Time to revive this thread!

E3 is upon us Conker bros! Whatever we get may possibly not be Smash-related but I’m very certain we’ll get Rare news regardless.

While I’m hoping for Banjo, I’ll absolutely nut if Conker randomly shows up on a empty black screen like Project Spark and then uses his signature chainsaw to cut up the Smash logo.

*cue audience hype*

477367BA-39C7-49D2-B762-18A4FF291213.jpeg

“Almost ten years without a new game! Guess I’ll just go check that fighting tournament Diddy told me about and maybe go invite that bear guy along with me.”

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Time to revive this thread!

E3 is upon us Conker bros! Whatever we get may possibly not be Smash-related but I’m very certain we’ll get Rare news regardless.

While I’m hoping for Banjo, I’ll absolutely nut if Conker randomly shows up on a empty black screen like Project Spark and then uses his signature chainsaw to cut up the Smash logo.

*cue audience hype*

View attachment 225202
“Almost ten years without a new game! Guess I’ll just go check that fighting tournament Diddy told me about and maybe go invite that bear guy along with me.”
You're absolutely right. With E3 being centimeters away, this is definetly not the time to be dead.

At this point Banjo is almost guaranteed to make the cut, and I think there will most likely be two DLC characters revealed there.
It would be so freaking beautiful if both Banjo and Conker would be the ones chosen for the next two slots. You think there's any chance of this happening?

I think all the other Microsoft candidates are practically deconfirmed.
I did hear people saying that not even Microsoft finds Steve to be a fitting character in Smash, if that's true, than that's certainly great news.

The only thing that keeps on killing most of my hope is that Conker's Bad Fur Day was never released in Japan.

Also I still wonder what kind of relationship do Conker and Diddy have after the events of Diddy Kong Racing, that is assuming that they still keep in touch.

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I MADE IT TO PAGE 14 USING ONE LIFE.

AND IT TOOK ME LESS THAN AN HOUR.

Cranky Kong reference

EDIT: Whoops I counted wrong, only the next person replying after this one will make it to page 14 (using only one life hopefully).

Last edited:
Top Bottom