• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

9/19/09 - Gigabits - Back 2 School Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
SO... I seriously think the stage list should be reconsidered here...

Having Yoshi's neutral but making Lylat CP seems ridiculous to me.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I really do hope we do not start this again.....
There's no reason for it, man... I'm not even arguing counterpick stages here... even Genesis just CPed them both... which is better, imo, than leaving one on.

I don't think there is good enough reason to put either of them to the CP list, and if you feel that tilting, and messing with recoveries is bad, then Yoshi's should be there too, because it does basically the same thing.

Seriously, I'm posting what I feel should be done. If you don't want to deal with it, don't read it. not a big deal.

-!-

Smash Lord
There's no reason for it, man... I'm not even arguing counterpick stages here... even Genesis just CPed them both... which is better, imo, than leaving one on.

I don't think there is good enough reason to put either of them to the CP list, and if you feel that tilting, and messing with recoveries is bad, then Yoshi's should be there too, because it does basically the same thing.

Seriously, I'm posting what I feel should be done. If you don't want to deal with it, don't read it. not a big deal.
I agree with you :)

But either way I don't mind.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
man does Ryo have to come to this and own again...alright guys Ike is gunna have to come to this and spank peeps lol also guys...

MY **** IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We really need to get some friendlies and stuff, last time we got cut off xD

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Its not that its just that when this comes up it ends up being a mess. I don't see why people don't like yoshi's. Reminds me of melee just abit bigger. I think lylat should have stayed as well... idk. Meh do as you people wish. My peach will own the same. =^-^=

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Its not that its just that when this comes up it ends up being a mess. I don't see why people don't like yoshi's. Reminds me of melee just abit bigger. I think lylat should have stayed as well... idk. Meh do as you people wish. My peach will own the same. =^-^=

Yoshi's isn't exactly my favorite stage, but I feel it should be neutral, really...

It's just that reasons people posted for making Lylat CP also apply to Yoshi's... therefore, I feel they should move together... either both Neutral (which I would prefer) or both CP (Genesis ruleset)

They both screw some characters recoveries, but this can be avoided with better play

They both have odd terrain issues and tilting (Granted, Yoshi's edges do not tilt, but seriously, the game has been out for quite a while, we should have gotten past the point of dying because of tilting)

They both are disliked by quite a few people (Given as an original reason for Lylat's removal from neutral)

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
SO... I seriously think the stage list should be reconsidered here...

Having Yoshi's neutral but making Lylat CP seems ridiculous to me.
i wouldnt mine having yoshies in cp. i thnk it would be better just to have FD,BF,an smashvill for neutrals. the best stages.

hey Emo^wolf i can house ur crew man and i can team up with u if u want? :)
you mean ourrrr creww?? lol

danielkon369

Smash Apprentice
i wouldnt mine having yoshies in cp. i thnk it would be better just to have FD,BF,an smashvill for neutrals. the best stages.

you mean ourrrr creww?? lol
lmao M!x account was in my computer and quote u instead but its me dawg F-18 i said that :D

Masky

Smash Master
The tilting of Lylat is actually determined by the background animation of the stage so it's completely predictable (just like you can predict where lava will hit on Norfair from the background). The support ghost on Yoshi's Island is completely random and there is no way to know when it will come up. Lylat is a better stage.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
why don't you guys be men and just play on the neutral 5

cause it's the neutral 5

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
I miss you guys so much :(
We're cool like that.

I remember you talking about me with one of my friends when I was sitting so close to you, that we were practically touching. I couldn't stop laughing...

And those of you at FIU knows what happens to me when I can't stop laughing....I think I lost that friendly.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
So from what I'm seeing, for the most part, the consensus is that Lylat should be added to make 5 neutral stages again?

I agree with the PS1 comment, but I can see how it benefits certain characters a bit more than others, making it not so neutral...

How would people feel about having:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

as neutrals?

-!-

Smash Lord
Why not just have Battlefield as Neutral o.O??? I'm sure no one will complain about starting a set on Battlefield >_>

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Why not just have Battlefield as Neutral o.O??? I'm sure no one will complain about starting a set on Battlefield >_>
I'm a Falco main and I'll even agree to that.

Yoshi's and Lylat are not neutrals...I still don't like going against the odds of 3/5 for getting a real neutral first stage.

-!-

Smash Lord
I'm a Falco main and I'll even agree to that.

Yoshi's and Lylat are not neutrals...I still don't like going against the odds of 3/5 for getting a real neutral first stage.
One down, 98 to go XD

anyways, people keep saying it so I shall too I guess...

Both Yoshis and Lylat should stay in the same side imo... either Neutral or CP, i see no point in having one in each side since both have basically the issues... but as I have said before... I don't mind what ever gets thrown in the end... personally I would like them being CP I guess.

but no PS1 in Neutrals.... that's not... Neutral...

-!-

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I admit the only real reason I would want Lylat and Yoshi's as Neutral would be to add a couple more possible stages than just 3... but honestly, I don't care too much either way... I just think the current setup is stupid.

I really don't see anything with either of those two that makes them anything less than neutral, to be honest... but I'd also be ok with them both being CP.

Only BF would be bad simply because some characters have inherent advantages on BF that they don't on even FD or Smashville... read: Marth, etc.

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
i stillll think that yoshis and lylat should be in countersss
the other 3 are the best starting stagesss most plain good stages imo

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
You know what,

Smashville will be the main Neutral (MOVING PLATFORM = Battlefield, the rest FINAL DESTINATION)

then sub neutrals (BATTLEFIELD AND FINAL DIZZLE)

then counter neutrals (YOSHIZZLE AND LYLATIZ??)

then countergays (WAINNNBOW)

so, why are we talking about stages? It's fine as is shiiiiit.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Why don't we just learn to stage strike the first 5 neutrals instead of going random every time?

-!-

Smash Lord
Random makes me comfortable :) idk why but choosing the first stage... doesn't o.O??? doesn't makes sense XD

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Why don't we just learn to stage strike the first 5 neutrals instead of going random every time?
I suggested this, but it was shot down pretty early. I'm not really sure why not.

The best argument against it is for time issues, but I don't think it would add THAT much time to the tourney... idk...

For right now, can we vote on the stages? It seems like everybody is pretty unhappy with the current state...

SO can we vote to have the Neutrals as:

Option A:

BattleField
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

or

Option B:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

or C to just leave it like it is.

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

I personally vote for A...

so
A: 1
B: 0
C: 0

Please vote guys, and I'll tally it up sometime near the tournament, and propose it to Gigs as the official stage list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom