• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

8Bitman's ARCADE ODYSSEY Tournament! CHECK 3/14/13 UPDATE! - March 30th, 2013 - Miami, Florida

Would you like Pictochat added to the Counterpick List?

• Yes

Votes: 21 45.7%
  • No, it's Pictochat

Votes: 25 54.3%

• Total voters

8Bitman

Smash Master
***** dont you tell me how to live my life I got my own monitor
LOL that's perfectly fine, just know if your monitor gets in the way I will ask you to get rid of it. Respect my decision, please.

8Bitman

Smash Master
Awal, we're $5 MMing at this. Unless you're too poor, I aint bout that life...

Master Raven

Smash Master
Ok Drew and I are temaing and we are going to basically just steamroll everything k

Team **** TINKY WINKY

//JaZz\\

Smash Journeyman
Me and KDB are gonna be riding with Lad on Friday afternoon about 14hrz before thiz tourney and we need housing cuz we can't stay where he iz. Ill pay anyone money and Lad just also told me that hez not leavin back Orlando till Sunday 8pm cuz he wanna spend time with hez family. So where are we gonna be till them :/ unless some1 can house use till Sunday 8pm. If me and my partner can I'd so very much appreciate it and ill pay very good too. I'ma good guy and a clean respectful person at tht

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I'll ask who's housing us if they can afford to take two more.

Also, would it help if I brought a TV and/or Wii to this?

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Jazz i should, SHOULD be able to house two extra people as long as people understand the chances of possibly sleeping on floor. I have a few blankets but to EVERYONE PLANNING TO STAY WITH ME

let it be advised they should bring blankets/pillows/sleeping bags/whatever they feel necessary to be comfortable because i may not have enough myself for everyone

Master Raven

Smash Master
change of plans we are simply known as Steamroller now.

that is, after steamrolling that ****ing evil ****** tinky winky

Manny

Smash Cadet
Yeah I'll be attending this tournement if I got the ride, hopefully if I'm in the Yele's car, if there is room I'll be going with yele and yoss. And Me and GOG are teammates for doubles ladder.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
At this point im not sure if im coming still and its really due to solely my ride situation.

As far as a ride goes there is 2 options:
1) I can take my car and travel with like 2 more people so that we can drive to delani and meet up with dr3ws carpool and leave my car there. So I could take 2 ppl perhaps you awal, and someone else from gainesville. Lio maybe? I'd have to talk to him or anyone else that is willing to come from this area.
2) I'd do the driving myself from Gainesville to Miami. The only thing is I'd would somehow have to rally up the troops from Gainesville and somehow pull 3 other ppl assuming AWAL joins along that I don't imagine would be too interested in coming anyways but maybe I'm wrong. Considering last minute bail outs, Id rather not drive by myself and AWAL to miami as the gas+tolls would be rather pricey to do that. So 1 looks like a better option unless I can rally the troops.

8Bitman

Smash Master
GOOOOOOD!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDD!!! Plan my pawns, PLAN!!!

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I can't wait for all da friendlees and maybe if I'm really lucky FFA. SUPER LUCKY w/items. :D :D :D

8Bitman

Smash Master
Uhm...... Daisy.... I can't see friendlies... Only bracket matches... My eyes...

WOAH!!!! Thank you so much for that pointless post, Daisy!!!

EVERYONE, how should I go about pools. What is preferred??? Regular Pools to Top 32, or Bracket Pools to Top 32??????

8Bitman

Smash Master
Like I said, If it's 60+ people I will start it earlier. 6 is plenty of time for 59-....

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Miami 6 hour drive and possibly no FFAs :(

:(. I'll have luigi's mansion dark moon with me when I get bored with brawl :D.

GOG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GOGZero
Manny. I thank you again for allowing me to be your partner and paying for my Doubles entry. I greatly appreciate it. It's like I'm a hired gun. XD
Our team: GOG Speed!

WELM

Smash Cadet
Damn. I was excited seeing a tournament here, but no Melee, apparently. I guess Orlando it is.

8Bitman

Smash Master
Well I don't want a huge nonsense bracket... It would be unprofessional, so I need to do any pools at all Justin.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
wtf have you ever even run a tournament? why are you even talking about delaying singles until 6pm?

not even gigs back in the heyday took that long for doubles to finish. jesus christ

huge nonsense bracket? wut. idk how you expect to even get that many people. what are you gonna do? narrow down to 32 from 45 (at best)? what a waste of time, bro. let's do pools of 4. top 3 make it out lolololololollool

:027: edit: pokemon **** doesn't work anymore? dammit

Manny

Smash Cadet
Manny. I thank you again for allowing me to be your partner and paying for my Doubles entry. I greatly appreciate it. It's like I'm a hired gun. XD
Our team: GOG Speed!
Haha anytime. When it comes to having fun and getting some experience money won't be a problem for me at all, so don't mention it. Lets just give it 200% and just do what we can and have fun :D

8Bitman

Smash Master
wtf have you ever even run a tournament? why are you even talking about delaying singles until 6pm?

not even gigs back in the heyday took that long for doubles to finish. jesus christ

huge nonsense bracket? wut. idk how you expect to even get that many people. what are you gonna do? narrow down to 32 from 45 (at best)? what a waste of time, bro. let's do pools of 4. top 3 make it out lolololololollool

:027: edit: pokemon **** doesn't work anymore? dammit
Someone needs to calm down. I simply discussed two things, apparently you have not been to AO, so stop assuming you know the situation at hand. They ran a not so organized 30 man singles bracket in 4 hours with 4 T.V's. I will have 8 set-ups dedicated primarily to Brawl, and only Brawl. So I have 8 hours to run a 59- man tourney. You won't even make it out of Pools so its not like you have the right to complain about staying there till 2 AM anyway. It also appears to me that everyone has completely ignored my ( )'s after the fact in the first post stating that I will start earlier with 60+ entrants. We are at an Arcade, I am allowing much time for people to eat, play, chill until Singles WHICH I KNOW WE WILL HAVE ENOUGH TIME FOR.

Lastly, I asked what everyone wanted for Pools. I KNOW people have preferences for pooling. Who are you to say what is right in this situation???

EDIT!!!: Actually, I was slightly angry when I made this post. Ummmmm, We are doing traditional Round Robin Pools. I realized that they won't be so hard/long to run. Bracket Pools creates a whole load of nonsense that doesn't need to happen. Plus, traditional Pools are less criticized.

8Bitman

Smash Master
$5 MM? Because i'm not affecting Bracket for something as minute as this....

Top Bottom