• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

8/18 C3 Presents the August Adios Tournament. SSBM singles/doubles

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
BLUES! Call me. (202) 498 - 9479. Your phone is going straight to your answering machine.

FFTA sucked compared to FFT. And yes... you HAVE to compare FFTA to FFT because it's the second of its kind, and they're both the most similiar. FFTA was definitely a downgrade when it came to in-depth story, characters, and even the battle system because of the stupid Judge system.

Ritz really, really sucked. Couldn't compare to characters like Ramza, Delita, Algus, Orlandu, etc.

Repryx

Smash Champion
BLUES! Call me. (202) 498 - 9479. Your phone is going straight to your answering machine.

FFTA sucked compared to FFT. And yes... you HAVE to compare FFTA to FFT because it's the second of its kind, and they're both the most similiar. FFTA was definitely a downgrade when it came to in-depth story, characters, and even the battle system because of the stupid Judge system.

Ritz really, really sucked. Couldn't compare to characters like Ramza, Delita, Algus, Orlandu, etc.
YESSS THANK YOU!!!

Hey Omni Can you Drive Legally? Rent a Car if you wann go so Bad...

Omni

BRoomer
Final Fantasy 9 Rant

Good Characters: Zidane, Vivi, Steiner, Garnet (Dagger), Freya, Tantalus, Beatrix, Kuja, Queen Brahne

Bad Characters: Quina, Amarant, and Eiko

With the exception of the bad characters, the rest of the characters were amazing in Final Fantasy 9. Without a doubt, you become more attached to Zidane, Vivi, and even Steiner with his relationship between protecting Princess Garnet, his secret crush with Beatrix, and his duty to serve the Queen which conflict with his personality. The only character I can think of besides Zidane and Vivi that had so much in-depth personality and progression is Delita from Final Fantasy Tactics. Everybody else is pretty much stale compared to these guys.

This video game also had AMAZING music; simply brilliant. The medieval theme worked perfectly with the character designs and backgrounds. Nobuo Uematsu was always known for not just having great music, but having a melody that fits with a theme whether its a certain town or a certain person.

That plot was great. The beginning didn't start slow like a certain Final Fantasy 8. Instead, you're in the middle of a heist to capture the Princess in the middle of a play when things go wrong and you're stuck performing in the play. Definitely one of the most memorable moments in FF. Thus the character development started through the transition of discovering who Princess Garnet really is, Queen Brahne drowning in power of the summons, etc. The ending wasn't so hot; I mean... you defeat Kuja, then Kuja destroys the source of life of the world causing Eternal Darkness (Necron) to start to spread throughout the everything that exists. Blah, blah. Kinda gay that Necron is the final boss and not Kuja. The ending was amazing tho' with the wedding scene. Made me all teary and stuffs.

Overall, this was a really fun game that wasn't a kiddy game. It's been seriously overlooked thanks to fans who are obsessed with FF7/FF8 and believe no other game can compete.

Dreadlord Santa

Smash Journeyman
Guess I'm not coming to the lockin v_v I don't have the convenience of living anywhere near a metro station, nor the convenience of having a drivers license, so... if someone can pick me and my teammate from out in the boondocks, please say so, otherwise... I'll see you all on Saturday, whether I can get my parents to drive me or I need to get a ride with Lobos again (which would be okay, I hope?)

Omni

BRoomer
there wasnt a wedding scene, it was a play
The scene at the end...? Oh, I didn't know that was a play. Oh snap, that makes the ending even better. <3 FF9

*Edit:* I will be attending the lock-in. I want mad friendlies! (Especially with Redd)

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
The scene at the end...? Oh, I didn't know that was a play. Oh snap, that makes the ending even better. <3 FF9

*Edit:* I will be attending the lock-in. I want mad friendlies! (Especially with Redd)

We'll be driving in the same car! <3 Bluessss!!!! =)

Can't wait to see everyone, gonna try and pick up my cube @ Chozen's, also, I'm bringing my wiimote + nunchuck.

Dreadlord Santa

Smash Journeyman
My parents aren't really too fond of driving 90 minutes to virginia, only to have to choose between either a.)driving 90 minutes home, only to have to drive 90 minutes back to pick me up, or b.) sitting around with nothing to do for a good 8-9 hours, but I guess we'll have to make it work... **** I need to get my license >.<

Raikou-

Smash Apprentice
I dont know lol, he prolly is from what I've seen him post but I dont know if the cars full or when to meet lol.

Edit: nothing wrong w/ trying to set up a back up ride just incase lol
Honestly I was asking because I need a ride too lol.

boss8

Smash Hero
WOW I NEED A RIDE TO THIS,MY RIDE CANCELLED ON ME LIKE AN HOUR AGO.CAN ANYONE SCoop UP BOSS,

7602 broadway dr apt 102,
22043 falls church VA

im willing to pay the driver $20

wow this is ***** HORRIBLE.

farewell renegade.

FLiPNoTiK

Smash Rookie
WOW I NEED A RIDE TO THIS,MY RIDE CANCELLED ON ME LIKE AN HOUR AGO.CAN ANYONE SCoop UP BOSS,

7602 broadway dr apt 102,
22043 falls church VA

im willing to pay the driver $20

wow this is ***** HORRIBLE.

farewell renegade.

Were you gonna get a ride from ESOJ? cuz the same **** just happened to me. :(

I was really hoping to come to this shiz.

but w/e, lv. 1 computers are completely fine pause not.

boss8

Smash Hero
Were you gonna get a ride from ESOJ? cuz the same **** just happened to me. :(

I was really hoping to come to this shiz. SON OF A ****ING **** *** **** ***** *** ***BAGS ******* *****ES HOLY ****ERS *** PYLON BALLS PYLON BALLS *****ES!!!1!11!!

but w/e, lv. 1 computers are completely fine pause not.
lol i was talkin about my mom she left me hangin at da last second, ****, this sux.sry danny went to canada ash.this sux can somone scoop ip boss please!!!!

Top Bottom