• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

8/18 C3 Presents the August Adios Tournament. SSBM singles/doubles

Renegade

Smash Journeyman
44710 Cape Court #118
Ashburn, VA 20147

Ok guys, this will be my last time running C3 for at least a year. If you haven't heard, I will be going to the middle east for a contracting job. I'll be leaving around september 1st. Ramza and Havoc expressed interest in continuing to run the tournaments, and I wish them the best of luck. It's not exactly easy. For SSBM, I can see G-Reg, Aho, or Chu picking up the slack. Without me and my schedule to adhere to, there's not much reason to still combine the tourneys save for that the event "looks bigger". I think there is only one or two smashers that play traditional fighters.

Here's the situation. You guys have a choice this month. Should we:

a)Strictly casual event. Pay the venue fee, casual as long as you **** want, spontaneous tourneys are bound to happen.

b) Regular monthly. 5$ tourneys, 8$ venue fee.

c) "All you can eat" monthly, pay a flat 30$ per head, join as many tourneys as you want. We would run a ton more tourneys with this style though, even random stuff like XvSF, TTT, and A3. SSB and Crews are also possibilities. I would also have set prizes for winners based on TOTAL entries to event and entries to that tournament.

You guys make the call, I like either A or C.

Also, there will be a lock in the night before again. Same deal as last time!

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I think a TA Smashfest would suffice over A, even though it doesn't sound too bad.

I choose B.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I'll come if there is pools, and theres times for firendlies between doubles/singles and after singles. xD

aho43

Smash Lord
hrm, thats sad @ robin. im fine with A or B. fonz wont be at this one. :( if theres no tourney just friendlies, i might just drop in to say bye @ robin.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i think a tournament would draw more of a crowd. the casuals and free play can be done during the lock in and before tourney

hova

Smash Champion
obviously for Robin's last tourney the Officially official MD v VA crew battle should go down finally

no johns, make the best team of whateva players show up

and also no bs thread to hype things up; just do it

Velocity

Smash Lord
I will attend pending pools/roundR and friendlies, goodluck with the contracting my best friend is over there now he makes like 100k for that ****

Reioumu

Smash Lord
Me, Nam, and Nas will be running Melty Blood tournaments, sorry you have to go for awhile for contracting. I'm coming.

Andrew Ott

Smash Journeyman
3/5 B, 2/5 A.

Using about half the setups for tournament and half for friendlies would work, because most people don't care about waiting for matches if they can free play the whole time.

That said, everyone bring setups!

aho43

Smash Lord
renegade is my hero/lover. ill miss you dearly. sarcastic remarks aside. you have been a stellar tournament host for the past year+. renegade is clearly in TA and will always be. i wish you the best of luck wherever you are going. i'll try to take your spot for smash tourneys at c3. I think ill be able to do a bang up job at running them.

Shinku

Smash Champion
option C makes my mouth watery. ill do my best to do to this since i missed so many c3's. and mow, those pokemon in your sig are mad crazy yo

Dreadlord Santa

Smash Journeyman
A's cool, because it's less money out of my pocket, and C's cool, because I'd enter some tourneys for Guilty Gear and whatnot when I normally wouldn't, since I'd be paying no extra. B's the weakest for me, but I'd come to this no matter what. <_< Assuming I could get a ride again, of course. Rei, I'll definitely play some Melty Blood this time, instead of just watching ^_^

kirbstir

Smash Lord
I think kirbulate should get championship belts like in wrestling

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
enjOy ur HAND d00d

LOL that was too easy. Who are you again!? Do me a favor and read my sig.

...DAamn omni ...so sour all of a sudden...because i was clearly being serious about bangin hoes all the time...i actually have respect for you....that kind of blows if you lost all of your respect for me just because of two or three posts i made on an internet forum.

...whatever its straight.

ok im done.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
The hoes at my alma mater are not known for STDs as certain other schools are *cough*JMU*cough*

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
enjOy ur HAND d00d

LOL that was too easy. Who are you again!? Do me a favor and read my sig.

...DAamn omni ...so sour all of a sudden...because i was clearly being serious about bangin hoes all the time...i actually have respect for you....that kind of blows if you lost all of your respect for me just because of two or three posts i made on an internet forum.

...whatever its straight.

ok im done.
Yo did you pick up my cube from chzs? If so, I need it before you go to college LOL

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
i was being sarcastic. i'm too lazy to hold grudges or take things personally.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
austin...uhhh rich ****ed up your cube last time i talked to him...you might want to call him about that...=(

LOL @ JMU *cough*tech reject school*cough* Joe we need to play.

omni - good **** then.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
austin...uhhh rich ****ed up your cube last time i talked to him...you might want to call him about that...=(

LOL @ JMU *cough*tech reject school*cough* Joe we need to play.

omni - good **** then.
Wow, are you kidding me ? -_- You better be kidding. can you give me any more info?

v_v

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
Naw redd. no joke. Rich made up some bull**** excuse as to why it broke saying something like it was already screwing up when you brought it over...sorry man. Just call him up and ***** at him ... but as we all know rich wont do anything about it even if he says he will.

that sucks...A LOT....

FaTmAn2k20

Smash Journeyman
What time would this start/end? I'd like to show depending on what's going on for me that day.

Also for what it's worth I prefer A.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Naw redd. no joke. Rich made up some bull**** excuse as to why it broke saying something like it was already screwing up when you brought it over...sorry man. Just call him up and ***** at him ... but as we all know rich wont do anything about it even if he says he will.

that sucks...A LOT....

Nah I figured it out, my cube WAS screwing up with DRE's, so I use wii instead. But Rich says now it reads them even less LOL. I'll just put some rubbing alcohol on that jancz.

Btw, before you go to college, we have to chill and accomplish a few things haha.

Top Bottom