• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

8/11/2007 - Xtreme Play - Smash Tournament

Xtreme Play

Smash Rookie
Xtreme Play LAN center will be holding it's first real Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament Saturday August 11th, 2007.
http://www.x-tremeplay.com

Format: Double Elimination - Doubles, Singles

Time:

Matches start at 11:30am

Entry Fee's:

Singles - $15 per player
Doubles - $20 per team ($10 per player)

BYOC (Bring Your Own Controller)

Rules = stock
Stock = 4
Handicap = OFF
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Friendly Fire = On
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off
Time Limit = 8 minutes

Double elimination - Doubles, Singles
Best 2 out of 3
Finals best 3 out of 5

Stages banned for Singles Only: Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2
Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City
Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach's Castle, and Kongo Jungle, Onett.

Prize Purse:
60% of entry fees collected for each event

-----
Snacks and Food Available for Purchase.

New Tournament Location:
The tournament will be held at our new second store located at the Lakes Activity Center in the Sheraton Vistana Resort.

Address: 8701 Meadow Creek Drive, Orlando, FL 32821.
Phone Number: 407-239-3002.

Come to the guard gate and tell them you are here to play in the Smash Brothers tournament at X-tremeplay in the Lakes Activity Center. They will let you enter the property and park near the center.

-------

Directions: If you are heading south on SR535, go under I4 and make right at Meadow Creek Drive (Chevron Gas Station). Go past stop sign and make right into Sheraton Vistana Resort guard gate. Go straight ahead and make left before Recreation Center. Then, make right at first stop sign and park. The Lakes Activity Center is located right next to the basketball courts.

Reno>

Smash Journeyman
Alright, Xtremeplay is finally getting its act together with the rules being legit. Good ****. I'll most likely be there if nothing else. Can you guys run singles and doubles at different times instead of intergrating both thoughout the tourney?

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
no fvck that vericz, were entering and winning, and if this is only 10 miles from hunters creek that means its only like 11 miles from me lol. man hungry, you live so freakin close to me and we NEVER play. but i kinda hate playing jiggs, so i guess i dont mind lol...peace

-hiroshi

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
no fvck that vericz, were entering and winning, and if this is only 10 miles from hunters creek that means its only like 11 miles from me lol. man hungry, you live so freakin close to me and we NEVER play. but i kinda hate playing jiggs, so i guess i dont mind lol...peace

-hiroshi
Just IM me or give me a call. Vericz has my cell number. And I'm using Doc now. But also jiggs.

Xtreme Play

Smash Rookie
If you guys want the entry fee lowered email the owner about it

If enough people want it lowered he'll probably do it

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Ok.

What I'm about to post is all true.

The late 1-Up, Dark Falchion, Fenrir and myself all attended an Xtreme Play tourny the week before MLG Orlando 06.

MLG gave them $1000 to hold it too.

It stated the tourney started at 12.

They made us wait outside the venue IN THE POURING RAIN FOR 2 HOURS.

The tourney did not start until 2:30.

We were also not allowed in the venue if we were not playing matches, we had to wait outside.

The fat douche owner said the reason we had to wait outside was beacause " People on the computers actually paid to come here".

And us smashers didn't pay to come in?

There was roughly 30 to 40 people in attendence.

The rules were horrible, in "singles" it was 4 man melee until the last 4 people were left.

It was 15 bucks a person for singles. 1-up, who won the tourney, went home with just under 80 bucks.

That means they banked almost 2 grand.

I wrote MLG a letter about the horrible tourney these smash nazis held and they appologized sincerly.

DO NOT GOTO THIS TOURNEY IF YOU ACTUALLY LIKE THIS GAME.

There was alot more crap that these nazis did wrong, but I won't get into it.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
yeah pete ur right that **** was mad gay, i went to one of these and it was pretty gay, but see the thing is that they used to have this gay *** manager who actually really liked the **** and he was all about them gay *** rules, but now they got that kid crom who keeps it real with the muthafukin spartan ganon and knows about real mlg melee rules, so it should be str8 from now on so yeah peepz come thru it should be str8 from now on, otru holding it down truuuuuuuuuuuuuu lol

vericz

Smash Champion
yeah pete ur right that **** was mad gay, i went to one of these and it was pretty gay, but see the thing is that they used to have this gay *** manager who actually really liked the **** and he was all about them gay *** rules, but now they got that kid crom who keeps it real with the muthafukin spartan ganon and knows about real mlg melee rules, so it should be str8 from now on so yeah peepz come thru it should be str8 from now on, otru holding it down truuuuuuuuuuuuuu lol
tru, hope it's not gay because we are going :) WATO should make this like 100x better

Xtreme Play

Smash Rookie
Alright the owner decided to lower the Team Entry fee to 10$ per person 20$ per team. This should allow more people to enter

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
**** yes. Especially since it's take me 10 minues to get there.

By the way I e-mailed x-tremeplay already....Anyone else join the $40 protest?

Is Knuckle Joe a new character???
I'll try and email, and no, Knuckle Joe is an AT.

EDIT: Nevermind, if he already lowered it, I wont piss him off by emailing more.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I heard that double BOWSER team is unstoppable. Otru told me yesterday on the phone.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I'm going to force TheLaw to team with me for this. He's not gonna want to but thats too bad.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
so I'm moving to Orly on the 10th...which means I might make this...but then again, I might be heading off to Jax to see a girl...yeah, well, I do have my priorities.

but anyways, everything Pete said was true, yeah...I'm hoping they've gotten it straightened out by now. .gah, that was annoying. anybody know about the super laggy tvs? they get that problem fixed?

Top Bottom