• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

8/11/2007 - Xtreme Play - Smash Tournament

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
hungrybox, i heard from vericz that u cancelled. It may have been someone else he is talking about, but if u still want to do it, lets freaking go! (I'm Nick btw, Affiliate of WATO.)
nice to know you.

If my partner doesn't come, i will team with Brian. I called Brian and told him that TedBoosely is willing to team with him....If Luis (my partner) can't cam, i will definately team with Brian. I mean, without a doubt.

F-0

Smash Apprentice
Give me your aim name, vericz, and we can discuss that. For the moment, I do not know. I'm trying to call Al, but he doesn't pick up his phone.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
No, we're going to Projekt Revolution...

Also, I might be able to smash today. Any smashfests going on today?
Whoo, I'm going to be there too Colbol! Smashers represent at Linkin Park, yeahhhuzzz.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
[Funny Story] I've been all excited to show up to this all week, and I was really excited until this morning, while googling my name on the Wii Internet Channel, that I have a show to play on the 12th. I haven't heard anything about this, and it seems my Jazz band has planned a show that day. I'm not sure where the name "Zach Pack" comes from, but I guess that's what we're called now.

It's looking to me like I have to make a few calls 2m and play the tunes that have been selected. It may turn out that I have to spend all day arranging music, and either way, I won't be able to make it(not like any one cares anyway :)). I hope I'm getting paid for this! [/Funny Story]

For anyone who's curious, Google my name, John Vastola, and click the first thing that says "Zach Anspach"

Feel free to flame me for being a loser, and I hope everyone has fun at the tourney 2m!

vericz

Smash Champion
Just got back from work and I'm not going to sleep!!! I also crushed the fingers on my right hand while trying to fix a shelf and now 2 fingers are swollen and bruised :(

I'm going to be tired but I will still pwn!!! See you guys in a few hours

vericz

Smash Champion
Me and uuaa did soooo good in teams, mindfreak was too good :)

Shoutouts BOI!!!!

WATO
vericz-you played well in doubles but not as great in single, good junk though
uuaa- you are WAY TOO GOOD, I want to team with you more to see how we do at other events.
Hiroshi-guess we broke up :( Don't give up just keep playing :)
Zoro-Good junk man, don't put yourself down over a couple of bad matches,
Al- Didn't even see you play
Nick- You and hungrybox did soo well, taking out skynet?!! what. lol good junk
RAYPUFF- Hope you owned that NY tourney.

Noob test
Otru-Good games guy, you were messing up though, you got so much better :)
Skrach-We didn't get any single games but good stuff in doubles
Sheer-goodgames in doubles

SFL
DooDah!!-We came back!! good games man, too bad it's your last tourney :ohwell:
Dop-You got a lot better since you been down south, good junk
Sighrax-Wanted to play you more but oh well. Good games in both singles and doubles
Green mario-Good junk in our games, uuaa had you beat:ohwell:

Others
Rohins- :( I wish won so I could have gotten my rematch with sigh, good game
BFG9- finally met you
Doc13-WTF!? We will play more
Hungrybox- People MIGHT start respecting you someday :laugh:
C@shMooney- I never see you play
Buttram Bros- Good games, I wanted to play you guys more
Girls(Natania, Miche, Toya) its cool you came to check out the tourney, too bad you were kind of bored, lol picnic outside, It was soooo hot

Anyone else-GOOD JUNK GUYS! I guess me being sooo tired Kind of helps, but no sleep sucks. See most of you next week at giga

YEAAAHH!!!

Edit- Anyone remember the results, I don't think Xtremeplay will post them.

Doubles-
1st-Mindfreak (vericz & uuaa)
2nd-Mouse ??(sighrax & Green mario)
3rd-Green monkeys (dop and doodah)
4th-Skrach and otruuu

Singles-
1st-skrach
2nd-Green mario
3rd-uuaa
4th-Sighrax??????????

All I remember, I got like 7th or 8th I think in singles :(

Zoro

Smash Champion
YO

Michelle=yar i got to team with my honey muffin you did gud for ur first tourney. Im gonna team with her from now on. Gotta do some mad trainin.

Vericz- Ya did good man good job in doubles

UUAA- Supa good ^same

Al- it was close we shoulda done falcon dittos

Hiroshi-Honestly it pisses me off that i cgot owned but your better so its cool.

Nick- did nasty

Skynet-***** us haha

Skrach- TOO GOOD

Otru- You woulda ***** dannys fox

Doc- good games

South Florida peeps- own

Ted boooooosely- **** that kid. Naw im messin Ill never defeat you its like a curse..

Random *** freedom nubs- Good junk youve convinced me that i suck at this game.: )

All in all i had alot of fun even tho i got pissed as hell and i dont wanna play this game for a while.
The place was pretty cool good amount of tvs THAT WERNT USED! it could have been run a little better like 4 tvs open at all times wtf?

See yall at gigs hopefully

OHO Im gonna do 1000 x better at gigsAND ill get ted (yeah boi thats right )

Renth

Smash Hero
i have never been to a tournament that has ever made me want to quit this game forever until now... i'm not in the mood to go on a long rant about it so. GGs

vericz

Smash Champion
heh, that's too bad, thought they would improve with better rules to be guided by. details?
Singles and doubles went on at the SAME time, which cause problems with players already playing a match when called for another. Counterpick stages were included in random, but everyone turned them off LOL. No friendlies???? even after people were leaving and there were soo many open tvs. Many tvs unused, he should have kept the brackets on the comp instead of printing them and writing on them. . . and NO TRASH TALKING??!!! WHAT!?

Overall though it was pretty relaxed and cool. just a little adjustments and it will be greats

And they should turn off that projector while we are walking around, I was blinded soo many times. . .Oh and no flashing in people eyes while they are playing

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Wow, I'm starting to be more and more glad that I couldn't make this. Can anyone guess at the number of people that attended this tourney? I'm having a tough time figuring out for myself.

Sighrax

Smash Lord
57 singles players
855 dollar singles pot
total amount awarded for singles
1st - 200 2nd - 100 3rd - 60 4th - 40
200+100+60+40 = 400

400/855 IS NOT 60%

pot ****** ****heads i hope you can't ever get enough people to hustle out of their money
cheap ****s

Col Bol

Smash Champion
TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

WATO holding it down...

Good **** Eric and Danny.

Skrach holds it down tru.

I want to see brackets... :(

I was happy/surprised to see both Raistlin and that Marth/Samus (that beat Hiroshi/Vericz ;)) team at the concert, which was better than I expected.

Good stuff all!

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
well, this tournament pretty much makes it official that vericz is breaking up with me. I mean, its either team with me and do mediocre, or team with uuaa and **** that **** and take 1st, i would pick the latter. so i guess i am a freelance double player now. kinda sucks, but it happens. also, i suck at this game. i hate playing good a$$ people 1st round when there are like 40 noobs. i hate ganons. i hate chainthrowing ( i'm aloud to say this because i dont chaintrow). i hate watching my teammate do a million times better with somebody else ( proof that i was weighing down the team). i hate tournament hosts who mess up the brackets. i hate tournaments that do doubles and singles AT THE FREAKIN SAME TIME. i hate tournaments that threaten to DQ you if you play friendlies. i hate tournaments where the host is complaining for people to get off the tv so the tournament can run more smoothly, when there are 5 FREAKIN TVS right behind him that are OPEN@!!! i hate tournaments that call 1 match every 10 minutes. i hate watching my teammate beat green mario, only to try some shenanigans, and end up losing the match. i hate not being a GOOD player. im just a player that does advanced stuff. i hate practicing 3-6 times a week and going to 3-4 tournaments a month, only to a) not get any better,b) do worse at tournaments the more i play, c) have like no tech skill, even though ive played knowing advanced stuff for more than 2 and a half years and i still cant jump out of my shine or lcancel * im not joking*, d) watch people who have been playing for 4-6 months be just as good or better than me. i hate that i dont understand the game, i dont understand the physics, tech, mechanics, rules. i hate not knowing why your losing because then you cant fix the problem. i hate this game...peace

EDIT: FVCK SMASHBROS

-hiroshi

Raistlin

Smash Lord
It's cool Hiroshi, I can't l-cancel either, and I'm only mediocre with just one character, and a complete n00b with 25.

Renth

Smash Hero
well now that i'm awake...

Okay, i first got there and they said do not make any changes to the settings we have made or you will be disqualified and of course. Their settings had all neutral and counter pick stages on random and they set the stage to random so whenever you pushed start you randomly got a stage. Example: I picked falco and randomly first match ended up on brinstar WTF is that ****. Eventually the good players just decided to mutual ban to stupid ****s and play it as if it was a real tournament. Now then the stupid levels were taken care of fine no big deal but then the so called "brackets" were ********. I played 4 matches in singles. 1st ted boosleys brother i won, then Doc, I won, Then green mario who was in losers after i was still in winners.

Then my controller broke pushing down on my controller wasn't an option so i played ted boosleys brother again everytime i pushed down and b to recover i'd warlock punch down the hole. So losing to someone i know i shouldn't lose to (no offense your getting really good dude) was really irritating on top of going through the entire day of stupidity

They ran singles and doubles at the same exact time and if you didn't play your match when they called your name you were instantly disqualified. WTF? So in singles and doubles matches it was so stupid you play 1 match then wait an hour to play the next.

Thank you xtremegay for being the first smash tournament i didn't like and also this being my last florida tournament really bugs me. Congratulations on being a tournament to actually make me want to quit this game. You guys suck balls and i hope no one ever comes back to your tournament site again. May you all lick my nuts

- Renth.

P.S.

Doodah For president

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Tournament sucked, everyone knows that already. ****ing with brackets, ****ty rules, and threatening to DQ people all the time makes for a very unpleasant time. How are you going to tell people you are going to DQ them if they change the settings yet switch the bracket every other second?

Anyways, some singles shouts:

Dop: Poopmouthed me pretty hard. Always cool playing you though, I learn a lot about my weak points.

Vericz: I honestly thought you had me after the first round and the struggle I had with my counter pick. You shouldn't be hard on yourself with singles, you're very good.

Sighrax: ***** me first round and you seemed very comfortable with my counterpick. GGs man.

edit:

Green was omnipresent at this tournament btw. He was in the winners and losers bracket...at the same time.

Renth

Smash Hero
Also, on the way home i threw my controller out the window and rohins promptly ran it over with his car.

Edit:

Even when i'm in PA if i ever see a thread for this tournament i will be posting to everyone if they have any shred of love for this game to avoid this venue at all costs.

Top Bottom