• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

7734 Vids :: DK vs. Alot of people now up! Melee 2

sandaman

Smash Cadet
never heard of the club but gratz on him/her being the best DK haha, got any vids? wanna see how they play him.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Yeah, we have some Ripple DK Dittos (A set I believe). We'll be posting them as soon as we stop procrastinating XD

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Until i see vids, no one is the best.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
The DK dittos? those were so gay. It came down to the end and it ended up being me who lost by just a little bit every time. Although I hope you got some games where I got the cargo grab over and over

Oracle

Smash Master
No, he is not. He actually uses the fair as something other than edgeguard. That's such a noob move.

Smash Journeyman
The DK dittos? those were so gay. It came down to the end and it ended up being me who lost by just a little bit every time. Although I hope you got some games where I got the cargo grab over and over
Yeah I did get that! That was amazing!

No, he is not. He actually uses the fair as something other than edgeguard. That's such a noob move.
*****... I'll whoop your a$$!

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
@Ripple: Dude, those cargo grabs were funky man. At first I was like," WTF is he doing? He's not moving". Then it hit me. Hard to get out of too.

@One Winged ANgel: Hey, I remember you. I 3 stocked you on our friends list twice in a row, then deleted you off of it. hmm...

@K-prime: *SHHH* Your ness and jiggs and ganon and.... Brutal. We were getting combo video footage, and ended up talking about how with one hour of footage of YOU we could make a Kprime combo video XD

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Ew get off his ****.

Also my DK is better then yours.

Smash Journeyman
First off I'd like to appologize for my friend trolling in this amazing DK forum. And I personally know there are plenty of unknown DK players that would probably pwn me. But as of all the DK vids I've seen, none can compare to the things I do. I play with and consistantly beat some of the best players on the boards and a handfull of top ranked MLG players. So if anybody wants to challenge me, send me a PM.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
First off I'd like to appologize for my friend trolling in this amazing DK forum. And I personally know there are plenty of unknown DK players that would probably pwn me. But as of all the DK vids I've seen, none can compare to the things I do. I play with and consistantly beat some of the best players on the boards and a handfull of top ranked MLG players. So if anybody wants to challenge me, send me a PM.
MLG doesn't have brawl. the people that were good at melee are not necessarily as good at brawl, so you can't make that comparison. as for the videos and the things you do it's a whole other story when it comes to online and videos don't truly show a players skill anyway. most videos are uploaded to show that their character is good because they got a 2 stock on someone. tournament vids are different. I even beat you online and I don't think I'm very good. I admit you handle the lag very well but online competition won't prove anything.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
I apologize for nothing.

@Smashbros99: was that comment at me? If so, I was just giving him compliments, not sucking ****. Almost sounds like your jealous XD

Oh, as an announcement, this was just a hoax to get some DK's to challenge 7734. He definetly is an unrecognized DK player, and out of the handful of DK's I've played, is definetly one of the best.

@Ripple: I thought you were recognized as the best DK right now? Anyways, he does really good in tourneys too, we just got back from one. He lost to his roommate (which makes sense), but everyone else fell to his powers! XD And videos do show skill, whether it was a 2 stock or a loss, you can tell how a player reacts to things, different techniques he uses in what ways. You are right though, tourney vids are WAY more accurate to a players real skill.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I apologize for nothing.

Ripple: I thought you were recognized as the best DK right now? Anyways, he does really good in tourneys too, we just got back from one. He lost to his roommate (which makes sense), but everyone else fell to his powers! XD And videos do show skill, whether it was a 2 stock or a loss, you can tell how a player reacts to things, different techniques he uses in what ways. You are right though, tourney vids are WAY more accurate to a players real skill.
not the best since I have yet to go to any real tournies, but def a good one nonetheless

D

Deleted member

If u think you are the best DKs, go win tournies with good people. Im guessing Bum is the best Dk because he was won tournies against very good people (pc chris, m2k,). Online doesnt mean crap, its good practice but u cant say ur good because u beat people on gamebattles lol.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
1. Bum is the best DK, he beats good people and winzz $$$$$$$$

If u think you are the best DKs, go win tournies with good people. Im guessing Bum is the best Dk because he was won tournies against very good people (pc chris, m2k,). Online doesnt mean crap, its good practice but u cant say ur good because u beat people on gamebattles lol.
100% true

Judging of vids = lol, especially when almost all of them are friendlies, outdated, and of random people.
Who are these best players on the boards you are playing??? Cort? PC Chris? Mew2King? Overswarm? Who?
Btw, the MLG rankings don't mean crap. I mean, dmbrandon is a top player there lol. Win tourney matches instead bro.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Alright, you guys got me. I forgot about Bum. He's definetly the best.

And no, if I had a way to get ahold of them, I'd play them to. But he does beat the best players in this area, and in tournament to. By the way, videos are matches. No different. And if you are telling me that you don't play your smash character in a video, then you are uninformed. Like before stated, tourney play is WAY more accurate, but videos do show your skill to an extent. *Key word: Extent*

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
@Ripple: Dude, those cargo grabs were funky man. At first I was like," WTF is he doing? He's not moving". Then it hit me. Hard to get out of too.

@One Winged ANgel: Hey, I remember you. I 3 stocked you on our friends list twice in a row, then deleted you off of it. hmm...

@K-prime: *SHHH* Your ness and jiggs and ganon and.... Brutal. We were getting combo video footage, and ended up talking about how with one hour of footage of YOU we could make a Kprime combo video XD
lol, my own combo video would be awesome. I'm really curious to see what you guys recorded.

BluMilk

Smash Apprentice
ill dk ditto you. Where and when is the next tourny your going to? Im a dk mainer and i stay in desoto. We should play sometime.

Oracle

Smash Master
@ dark meow: I have no idea who you are. I don't even play online.

@7734: I wasn't saying this to be mean. I've seen better DK's, but they weren't that much better than you. In this video, you made a bunch of mistakes.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1B3DVFA_enUS243US243&resnum=0&q=7734%20brawl&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv

You didn't use tilts, other than up tilts. His f-and d- tilts are great. You SH'ed the fair, when the opponent was at low percents, where they wouldn't have been knocked back far enough to compensate for the lag. You also had some chances to spike the guy that you missed. But other than that, you did pretty well.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I watched this video of you.

http://video.google.com/videosearch...snum=0&q=7734 brawl&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv

I have to say you were good, but I was far from impressed. If thi if a video that shows how skilled you are, and not just an old video, I think its safe to say you're far from the best. The F-Air and D-Air usage was completely awful, I'm surprised the opponent didn't just wait for you to keep leaving your self open with them. You're good at hitting with Bair, but thats the majority of what you hit with, there were plenty of chance to dilt and even hand slap the opponent rushing in on you. A stale B Air hurts when trying to kill a lot of really good players. In the end, I would go so far as to even say I could beat you if this video was all you had.

Of course, if this was just an old video and you're actually better than it portrays, then I'll be willing to take back anything I said. I'd really like to see some of the ditto fights too.

Smash Journeyman
@ dark meow: I have no idea who you are. I don't even play online.

@7734: I wasn't saying this to be mean. I've seen better DK's, but they weren't that much better than you. In this video, you made a bunch of mistakes.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1B3DVFA_enUS243US243&resnum=0&q=7734%20brawl&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv

You didn't use tilts, other than up tilts. His f-and d- tilts are great. You SH'ed the fair, when the opponent was at low percents, where they wouldn't have been knocked back far enough to compensate for the lag. You also had some chances to spike the guy that you missed. But other than that, you did pretty well.
I watched this video of you.

http://video.google.com/videosearch...snum=0&q=7734 brawl&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv

I have to say you were good, but I was far from impressed. If thi if a video that shows how skilled you are, and not just an old video, I think its safe to say you're far from the best. The F-Air and D-Air usage was completely awful, I'm surprised the opponent didn't just wait for you to keep leaving your self open with them. You're good at hitting with Bair, but thats the majority of what you hit with, there were plenty of chance to dilt and even hand slap the opponent rushing in on you. A stale B Air hurts when trying to kill a lot of really good players. In the end, I would go so far as to even say I could beat you if this video was all you had.

Of course, if this was just an old video and you're actually better than it portrays, then I'll be willing to take back anything I said. I'd really like to see some of the ditto fights too.

That footage was right when brawl came out. I'm a hundred times better than that now. Trust me... Tilts are one of my main priorities.

My new vids will be up soon, and if anyone wants to test their might in the mean time.. Try me! Dont talk through a computer screen. Do something!

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Dark Meow the guy said he never even plays online lol.

Okay then I can believe that was a video when Brawl first came out, that also means though that you picked DK up when Brawl came out though as well. That kind of attack pattern wouldn't be used if you recognized anything from Melee, would it? Hmmm, I picked him up for Brawl anyways myself, kind of by accident.

Anyways, I would recommend removing that video if not now, then at least after get the new vids out. Theres no point in having something like that making a bad name for you.

On another note, I tried the cargo re-grab trick mentioned earlier in the thread. It was very interesting to use, anyone who didn't understand it could easily be grabbed 2 to 3 times before starting to move out. Could this cargo re-grab trick become an infinite when used against a wall?

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
I think he does, if I've played him.

And that is a good question. Me and him are going to go find out right now. And as for the video, it doesn't matter that much, I mean seeing an old DK vid from someone can't affect your name if your current DK is amazing.

ook

Smash Lord
I guess maybe you could do a wall infinite with the re-grab thing, but if you just cargo-dthrow against a wall and keep doing it, it actually is an infinite anyway. It does more damage too.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Actually I'm pretty sure the opponent takes the same amount of damage from a Cargo no matter what once they're lifted into the cargo. At any rate I'm going to add 7734 anyways, I'd like to fight him tonight if I can get the chance. If he's way better than me then I would at least like the learning experience.

When I think about it though, constantly letting the opponent break free on his own against the wall for an infinite grab would take forever. That sounds like a safe way to stall for the end of a timed match. Thats so cheap though I don't think I could bring myself to do it personally, it will likely get banned anyways.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
it is not an infinite against a wall, its just a matter of predicting if you can get a forward grab or turning around to get one. you can def get out of it

edit: put some of the online vids up 7734, lets examine them

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
edit: put some of the online vids up 7734, lets examine them
Yes, please.

Right now I'm making my own DK and a couple of Ike videos, well that is to say I've already made them. I don't know exactly what to do in order to get them of the SD card, I don't have any kind of DVD recorder at the moment...

I'm going to go ahead and introduce something else I've been experimenting with, since apparently the two best DK users check this topic regularly. I'm sure everyone knows about stutter stepping, quickly moving in one direction and then smashing in the first direction before a dash is registered. I'm finding this to be very useful with DK's side smash speed and range. If you're very aware of your spacing and the opponent is rushing you, you should consider trying this move, the dash to the side can actually be fairly significant and dodge many attacks. I've even used it to move out of the range of a grab and kill the opponent.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
It's called Pivoting ^.^ Really useful with Marth to.

Anyways, we added you Kalm, we are waiting to play you right now.

Also, vids up tomorrow.

EDIT:: I'm going to catch a couple rounds with you as well, so don't be frightened when DK transforms into Peach.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Idk, Gimpy was saying something about how Melee was raising again and he + others where gonna stop Brawling.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
It's called Pivoting ^.^ Really useful with Marth to.

Anyways, we added you Kalm, we are waiting to play you right now.

Also, vids up tomorrow.

EDIT:: I'm going to catch a couple rounds with you as well, so don't be frightened when DK transforms into Peach.
Oh pivoting, I figured it already had it's own name.
Sorry I had to go last night, I hope you'll keep me on the list so we can fight this evening or tommorow maybe.

Lid

Smash Apprentice
If melee is on the rise again then that is sweet, but too bad im midwest Michigan and no one around here plays..=\

Top Bottom