• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

7734 Vids :: DK vs. Alot of people now up! Melee 2

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
So are the new video's up yet? All i can find on you tube are the old vids that were posted from 1-2 months ago. Can you throw up some links... No offense though, but i had to stop most of the matches mid-way... Not too exiting at all, and as someone said (Forgot the name) All that i saw was spamming of the forward air, dair, and well thats about it. So yea, please link us to some of the new matches.

Smash Journeyman
Youtube sucks! It will spend 6 frikkin' hours uploading, Just to tell me error messages! If it doesnt work this time I'm putting them on Filefront.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Youtube sucks! It will spend 6 frikkin' hours uploading, Just to tell me error messages! If it doesnt work this time I'm putting them on Filefront.
Sounds like a plan.... I heard Google works wonders....

Smash Journeyman
I'll consider that too. I should probably shrink/convert them too. I never knew uploading vids was such a *****!

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Yeah I'm uploading some of my vids finally too. It takes forever in a half, so far I have two uploaded on the tube. The one I'm uploading now is a match with you 7734. and I have one more of us fighting I'll put on the net shortly after. The two that I do have up now is a nasty beatdown against Meta Knight and a match with Ike vs Snake.

Anyways I figured I would tell you since two of the vids will have you in them, we need to fight again soon and make some more eh?

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Hey guys, just a friendly update on the vids. So, we have a good converter, shrinking up the vids by 70% of there original size. I am going to be up all night (if it takes that) to make sure every one of these vids make it. We got a lot in store for you.

And I assure you, his DK is more then just spam now-a-days.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Hey guys, just a friendly update on the vids. So, we have a good converter, shrinking up the vids by 70% of there original size. I am going to be up all night (if it takes that) to make sure every one of these vids make it. We got a lot in store for you.

And I assure you, his DK is more then just spam now-a-days.
Cant wait :)

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I've got both of those videos of you and I up 7734. Check them out, they're one of the first videos I put on the net.

I really need to figure out how to get some sound goin though.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
I've got both of those videos of you and I up 7734. Check them out, they're one of the first videos I put on the net.

I really need to figure out how to get some sound goin though.
Can you post up a link to your home page for youtube? or maybe link the vids?

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
I can tell in those vids it was lagging, you both made weird mistakes XD But Kalm, you are a really good DK, you play differently then most DK's I've played ^.^

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Yeah the lag was well remembered by us both, another reason I wanted to fight again soon. Problem is though the only competetion I have access to is online. So the laggy awkwardness has to be dealt with I suppose until I get into a tournament.

Thank you for the compliment, I'm just another guy trying to make a name for himself.

Sans Glutin

Smash Ace
I'm not really a DK expert, so I don't know whether or not his DK was all that great but you have a really nice Peach Dark Meow.

The sound is screwed up, it's really annoying lol.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I just watched one of the videos, and I have to say, I definitely do not think 7734 is the DK player. I mean, he tried to cargo throw Peach off the edge...at 0% damage...twice...on Yoshi's Island, a level that you can't be spiked under the edge by. Also, the guy had no approach. DK is a character who has different options for good approaches. For example, he can run and down-B. It works great for DK, because if you run long enough, it cancels the start-up lag, and the attack already has great range. I didn't see this guy use this approach once. All he really did was shield grab, and there's nothing special about that. Plus, every time he got knocked into the air, he would just try to down air the Peach player. I mean, come on...try something a little more strategic why don't ya. All in all, I think there's better DK players out there. For instance, even myself. I just placed 1st with my DK in a 64 man tournament. Now, 7734 is still a good player, but I think he needs to work on a few things. Maybe it's because I only peeked at a couple videos, and only finished watching one. I'll go watch more matches and then comment back here. And to 7734, I mean no offense, so please don't take this personally. And I have to ask, were those matches on Wi-Fi? If they were, that really changes everything.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Alright, so I just watched some more matches, and I will say, you're better than I thought, but I still think you have a lot of work to do. Now, I really liked how you did that cargo-throw combo in your match on Battlefield against Toon Link. You're the only other person I've seen do that besides myself, but you shouldn't rely on that alone. Also, use more spot dodges. DK has an AMAZING spot dodge, and he can do many attacks out his spot dodge. For instance, try doing an up-tilt out of a spot dodge. It works surprisingly well. Also, when you're playing on a stage like Battlefield, with a lot of platforms, you should use more aerials. I didn't see you use many aerials, but you can use his aerials to punish people who land, tech, or air-dodge to a platform above you. All in all, good DK. I know I came off a little harsh in my last post, so I apologize for that. Anyways, keep up the work.

Brahma

Smash Journeyman
Do we really need a video thread for every DK player? Just post under the existing video thread.

7734: In my honest opinion, your DK is decent, but you don't seem like a very reactive type of player. You fall into a lot of patterns, and appear to use the exact same tactics vs. different characters. Different characters require different playstyles. Also, if something doesn't work on a particular player/character (such as Cargo release combo), stop using it. Mix up your game some. Going for the same ineffective cargo setups with your throw game isn't helping. 6% per cargo release and the chance to DI out isn't much, try Dthrow and then Ftilt/DownB/Dash attack/regrab. Utilt spamming is good, but if the player is smart they'll airdodge~shield. You also need another approach besides dash grab and dash shield grab. If the opponent would think enough to spot dodge/roll/jump, DK is left wide open. If the opponent always rolls from the edge, don't Dair every time, and don't Dair every time you come back to the stage, as you can still get attacked form the side. You get very predictable, and what saves you is that the players in your vids don't react to what you are doing and punish that predictability.

It also wouldn't hurt to get some better comp either. The people you play don't seem to know how to play against DK very well, and fall right into his game, letting DK play to his strengths and not utilizing their own character's strengths.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Wow, Brahma, you said exactly what I was just about post. Couldn't have put it any better myself. This is true, 7734. After watching more of your matches, you seem to not have enough strategies and ways around things with your DK. One thing I will say though, start air-dodging instead of using your down-air when you get knocked up. Air-dodging is one of the most useful things in Brawl, and I haven't really seen you using it. Other than that, Brahma covered just about everything I was going to say (thanks, by the way, saved me time). =)

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
meows got a really impressive peach.
u...7734...any of you guys..AIM me @ TheCyphus. I'd like to play someone soon, cuz i dont ahve any means of making videos. And i rather show people first hand my DK. =]

HOHO420

Smash Apprentice
Nice DK, we should play sometime 7734. I have your FC, I dont know how i got it but online I'm DEADN. I can learn a thing or two from playing you.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
thanks guys, everyone said you can't play Peach aggressively. They were liars XD

And mccdbz, the running upB doesn't work on Peach, or TL, because Peach has float cancelled downair, which can combo into about another 30% everytime, and TL has bombs, dair, and well, Toon Links.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
his DK is the best i know,
Okay but, how many good DK players do you know, and have played? From what I've seen on the internet, most of the DK's, at this point, are garbage. There aren't too many good DK players at this time. The only reason I call myself a good DK player is because I've already won multiple tournaments with my DK, and because most other pro players tell me I've got a very good DK.

but i dont think this online match is a window to 7734s skill.
Yes, I do understand that. I mean, I can't play worth a **** on Wi-Fi to be perfectly honest. However, when somebody is going to claim that a particular player has the best of a character, I'm going to comment off the footage that has been presented.

And mccdbz, the running upB doesn't work on Peach, or TL, because Peach has float cancelled downair, which can combo into about another 30% everytime, and TL has bombs, dair, and well, Toon Links.
Running up-B? For starters, I said running down-B, not up-B. Second, what's your point? That's two characters out of a roster above 35. The approach is very useful for set-up, for the fact that a lot of people don't see it coming because of the lag that is canceled, and the range that the attack has. Plus, it can still work on Toon Link, you just have to be smart, and use it at the right time. Also, excuse me, I don't have much playing experience with Peach. I think I've only played one good Peach player, and I used my Fox to counter-pick.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
ripple and shep both have good DKs, but i'm still looking for one better than mine.
u game, mccdbz?
AIM me at TheCyphus if u ever feel like a game.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
After watching the first few matches, i was disappointed at the lack of skill shown by both players. I mean, suiciding just about each other your lives isent much to be happy about. This happened to at least half of your matches that you posted up. Besides that, all of the other matches (Although there wasent any, if at all any suiciding) were also boring, except for that toon link which was quite good. The last one, which was supposedly a thrilling twist, seemed more like a quick loss to make 7734 look better. There was no reason at all the go down and hit him since his copter was no where near the edge. All in all, no where near "The best" or anywhere near one of the best. Keep practicing.

Leprechaun_Drunk

Smash Journeyman
most of his matches were against antichrist666, one person. he fought one d3 who was obviously playing Brawl for the first time and a good peach. not enough evidence to support the idea that he's the best DK.

edit: i'd like to see some footage of losses. i think videos of losses provides more insight of how good a player really is over some videos of cheap wins.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Sorry I misread it! ****, calm down boi. And yeah, the down-B could be useful, I'll have to agree with you.

And 7734 has props from some of the best players in the Texas area. We don't go to many tourneys cuz we have stupid social lives. We went to one, he did really REALLY good, so did 666.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
I never over reacted...and what are you trying to say? That I don't have a social life because sometimes I play in tournaments? Dude, I'm in ****ing high school. I play sports, I'm popular, I'm hanging out with friends just about everyday. I have way more of a social life than any of you 20 year olds who still play video games. Look, if you have such an exciting social life, why the hell are you wasting your time arguing over some senseless ****? Honestly, ask yourself that.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
The real question is why I troll on this thread.

And no, I didn't say you have no social life, how do I even know if you go to tournaments or not. You are overreacting (again). Chill out. I was just stating that I don't have a lot of time to attend tourneys, I'm busy most saturdays

cyphus, my Peach wants your soul. Wanna play tonight? Ill aim you around 8.

Antichrist

Smash Cadet
yeah, i sucked in a few of those vids, i always go for those ******** spikes, lolz, but i got better ones up now on my account

here's a good one

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9c4tXwN5YAA

watch my series Leprachaun, i win most of them against his DK if you want to see footage of him losing. But he already posted some of him losing now

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
No one wants to challenge 7734 after we tell you not to talk ****, and after we post vids... C'mon, 7734 really is the best DK if no one even steps up... **** (except for Kalm and Cyphus)

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Oh I was about to say something too lol. Thanks for the mention ;D.

I really want to fight him again before too long too, especially since I only got to use DK. I also keep Ike Luigi and Toon as a secondary. And I really wanna fight teh Peach =D. I've never fought a good Peach and I like to be well practiced against everyone.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
My Peach is too much for one DK to handle XD But anyways, we are seriously on ALL DAY! So whenever you are on, look for Birds, 7734, DM1, or 666. That's us ^.^

And you have a good DK, of course I have to commemorate that **** ^.^

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Yeah I was wondering if Peach is a bad matchup for DK. It looks like she beats him in a lot of different ways, but even still isn't she really easy to shield grab? Like I said I've hardly fought her. So I'd want to get as much info as I could on fighting her for whenever I seriously needed it. I needs teh experience.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Well, I was blessed with a good DK game with my peach. However, most Peaches have alot of trouble with DK, and I mean ALOT of trouble.

Just remember, your tilts can out space EVERY ONE of peaches attacks. Dair, Fair, I mean, you name it. It's just a matter of using them right. You'll notice I use alot of mindgames to land my hits ^.^ And 7734 plays really smart to, so it's probably one of the hardest matchups. But watch out, Peach has trix against DK (I'll show you online sometime ^.^)

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Could've showed me online earlier but you're always fighting someone else lol.

I use tilts way more anyways, they're generally safer in almost any situation. I like to save the Bairs for higher %s to add some killing power, but yeah tilts and grabs are just the best way to build damage with DK.

Top Bottom